Sophomore
And1: 0

Joey Graham? 

Post#1 » by Donerik » Thu Jul 2, 2009 5:27 am

After watching this Joey Graham mix tape,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUKFKmA-5s8

and reading this article

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joey-Graham-88/

I think Joey Graham could be had at a reasonable price, he seems like a lower priced(maybe lower ability) Queesy without the ability to play the point. I've always been fascinated by brothers who play together, they seem to share a synergy that can only be explained by countless pickup games and high-school games; in this case college too. they could fill our needs at the backup wing positions until Dunleavy comes back while giving both a chance to show off what they can do in a role player roll when rush and granger need to come off the court. At least on paper both are described as Athletic, Explosive, and Joey is definitely more of a take it to the hole guy connecting on 49% of his 6.0 two point attempts in 14 minutes off the bench last season.

No one seems to opposed to bringing back Stephen for the minimum, if they have interest in playing together, and saving their money flying their parents to see them play, I dunno why we'd spend a million or a million-five on another swing man.

Toronto (allegedly at least according to the Toronto boards) declined his 3 million dollar qualifying offer making him an UFA.
freeman
Junior
And1: 1

Re: Joey Graham? 

Post#2 » by freeman » Thu Jul 2, 2009 7:03 am

I just read Conrad Brunner's article about Rodney Carney and Dahntay Jones being the prospect free-agent wingmen. But i agree, i'd rather have Joey Graham instead of those two. I just hope he could settle for lesser money. But if we'll get Joey, then we'll not be needing Stephen anymore.

F R E E M A N
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,943

Post#3 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 11:20 am

I've felt like Stephen was the better of two.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#4 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:16 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:I've felt like Stephen was the better of two.

Same here. He seems to have a better outside shot and just as much athleticism.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#5 » by mizzoupacers » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:11 pm

I'd rather see us get Dahntay Jones. I just think he's a better fit with the Pacers than Joey Graham is.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#6 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:05 pm

mizzoupacers wrote:I'd rather see us get Dahntay Jones. I just think he's a better fit with the Pacers than Joey Graham is.

^^^^
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
fienX420
Senior

Post#7 » by fienX420 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 6:18 pm

I think it will be hard to go wrong bringing in any of these guys as a reserve wing man... Dahntay Jones, Stephen Graham, Joey Graham, Rodney Carney, Derrick Byars, Anthony Parker... I'm sure there are others that would fill the role well. Not the toughest task in the world for Bird.
freeman
Junior

Post#8 » by freeman » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:47 am

fienX420 wrote:I think it will be hard to go wrong bringing in any of these guys as a reserve wing man... Dahntay Jones, Stephen Graham, Joey Graham, Rodney Carney, Derrick Byars, Anthony Parker... I'm sure there are others that would fill the role well. Not the toughest task in the world for Bird.

I agree.
But i think Larry might as well look for guys who can play sg/sf like Carney, the Graham brothers, etc.
Granger's the only small forward we have. Though Larry could be thinking of playing McBob at the 3, i think it would be safer to pick a legit sf who can play the occasional two.
As much as i would like to have Dahntay Jones, i think he would only clog the 2 spot.

F R E E M A N
MillerTime101
Senior

Post#9 » by MillerTime101 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 2:37 am

Dahntay Jones > Joey Graham. I dont mind Joey but he is about 6th on my list.
freeman
Junior

Post#10 » by freeman » Fri Jul 3, 2009 10:14 am

MillerTime101 wrote:Dahntay Jones > Joey Graham. I dont mind Joey but he is about 6th on my list.

Talent-wise, maybe you're right. But with the roster that we have, it would be more practical to choose someone who can play back-up to Granger at the 3.

F R E E M A N

Return to Indiana Pacers