Image ImageImage Image

GT #41, Bulls @ Spurs, Jan 13 @ 7:30 PM CT, NBC Sports Chicago

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Re: GT #41, Bulls @ Spurs, Jan 13 @ 7:30 PM CT, NBC Sports Chicago 

Post#221 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:51 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Mk0 wrote:

So Vooch was guarding Tre Jones ?

What about Keldon Johnson ?

no else on that team scored more than 11 points but yeah everyone was covering for Vooch tonight

Narratives ....

If you thought that Vucevic wasn't a problem on defense I don't know what to tell you.
His foot speed is horrible and that makes rotations slow. Guys were over-rotating because he can't leave the paint.
So while the Spurs were playing 5-out they were getting someone a good look.

Doesn't matter who took the shot, the system gave it to them because you have a center who can't move.

Sorry but this is just absolutely false as I said something happens once and you basically just make up the rest to push a narrative .

Coby White is #1 in contesting threes now in the nba
Vooch is #10 and before he got hurt and missed those games he was actually #1

So when you say he wont come out of the paint its simply not true and hasn't been true at all this year but when you are watching a game with that narrative slant its gonna write itself no mater what happens .

The problem is that he can’t recover once he comes out of the paint. Notice how when Vuc sets screen up top for us he his defender generally doesn’t have a problem covering him and that defender rarely ends up switched onto our guards put his defense into a bind. Happens all the time with us.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,392

Post#222 » by Hangtime84 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:04 am

Vuc pain when he forced to help and recover on multiple efforts.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,960

Post#223 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:49 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Mk0 wrote:If you thought that Vucevic wasn't a problem on defense I don't know what to tell you.
His foot speed is horrible and that makes rotations slow. Guys were over-rotating because he can't leave the paint.
So while the Spurs were playing 5-out they were getting someone a good look.

Doesn't matter who took the shot, the system gave it to them because you have a center who can't move.

Sorry but this is just absolutely false as I said something happens once and you basically just make up the rest to push a narrative .

Coby White is #1 in contesting threes now in the nba
Vooch is #10 and before he got hurt and missed those games he was actually #1

So when you say he wont come out of the paint its simply not true and hasn't been true at all this year but when you are watching a game with that narrative slant its gonna write itself no mater what happens .

The problem is that he can’t recover once he comes out of the paint. Notice how when Vuc sets screen up top for us he his defender generally doesn’t have a problem covering him and that defender rarely ends up switched onto our guards put his defense into a bind. Happens all the time with us.

His defender is usually playing drop coverage

Most centers dont come out the paint at all in the nba its only a few and usually its more PF/C hybrids than true centers and those few arent covering Vooch moreso following the scouting report that the majority of the time our ballhandlers are gonna shoot(but not threes) but also that none of them besides Lavine is pull up 3pt threat (Coby is currently changing that)when coming off Vooch screens which is why hes one of the league leader in screen assist.

Vooch is not the one compromising the defenses in this situation the fact that we are playing 4 smalls along with him and none of them are a high level rebounder so now you have a top 10 rebounder who led the league in defensive rebounds last year also contesting an insane amount of threes away from the basket while playing 30 + mpg . Every other big on that list and here are the other bigs in the top 20 in contested threes

Banchero
AD
Randle
Siakim
Horford
Giannis
Kat

all those guys can step out and contest because they have someone else behind them that can rebound and are not immediately overwhelmed by the opposing bigs . This problem is magnified when the opposing team has two bigman in the lineup.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 468

Post#224 » by step » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:41 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:all those guys can step out and contest because they have someone else behind them that can rebound and are not immediately overwhelmed by the opposing bigs .

How dare you call out Caruso or Lonzo for being outrebounded by a big/on the injury list. I kid I kid...

Sorry, just had to highlight how much this reinforces why so many are unhappy with AKME. How long have we lacked a PF/another big? And what have they done to address it?
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#225 » by Indomitable » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:16 am

step wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:all those guys can step out and contest because they have someone else behind them that can rebound and are not immediately overwhelmed by the opposing bigs .

How dare you call out Caruso or Lonzo for being outrebounded by a big/on the injury list. I kid I kid...

Sorry, just had to highlight how much this reinforces why so many are unhappy with AKME. How long have we lacked a PF/another big? And what have they done to address it?

Nothing
:banghead:
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,926

Post#226 » by RSP83 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:04 am

Excited for the Cavs game. A true test. We got score to settle after Strus and Allen beat us up last game.

I'm more nervous playing against lower than upper team.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,772

Post#227 » by Ice Man » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:46 pm

RSP83 wrote:I'm more nervous playing against lower than upper team.

I guess that's because you expect to beat the former. Because while we have had several quality wins this year, we nonetheless are better at bum slaying than giant slaying.

Charlotte 3-0
Spurs 2-0
Detroit 1-1

That makes us 6-1 against teams that don't yet have 10 wins and 13-21 against the rest of the league.

Which is all normal and fine. That's why those teams are bums. They exist to fatten everybody else's record.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,095

Post#228 » by Chi town » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:29 pm

Ice Man wrote:
RSP83 wrote:I'm more nervous playing against lower than upper team.

I guess that's because you expect to beat the former. Because while we have had several quality wins this year, we nonetheless are better at bum slaying than giant slaying.

Charlotte 3-0
Spurs 2-0
Detroit 1-1

That makes us 6-1 against teams that don't yet have 10 wins and 13-21 against the rest of the league.

Which is all normal and fine. That's why those teams are bums. They exist to fatten everybody else's record.

Honestly, I would look at nothing before Dec 1st.

We are a completely different team now.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,333

Post#229 » by Stratmaster » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:22 pm

Hey. Everybody is arguing about a player other than Lavine.

Progress

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,772

Post#230 » by Ice Man » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:30 pm

Chi town wrote:Honestly, I would look at nothing before Dec 1st.

We are a completely different team now.

It's very common for .500 teams to go 13-6 (or whatever) over one stretch, then 6-13 over another. I would guess that we are among that crowd. Although to be sure, Coby's emergence is a significant plus. But really that's the only change from the start of the year. We were missing shots then and losing close ones. Now we're shooting better and winning the close ones. Those things come and go.
MissileMike
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#231 » by MissileMike » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:54 pm

Mk0 wrote:Sat, Jan 13, 5:30 PM PST
on KENS, NBCS
Frost Bank Center

I didn't see a GT for tonight.
I assume folks are watching Dolphins/Chiefs tonight.

No Patrick Williams. Ankle/Foot. KC said he expects to be active in the next game on Monday but his heel hurts on the same foot as his bad ankle. Sounds like no back-to-backs.

No Wemby.

Are you making a Cleveland GT?

Return to Chicago Bulls