Image ImageImage Image

PG: TNT Bulls are back?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,849

Re: PG: TNT Bulls are back? 

Post#101 » by DuckIII » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:48 pm

Is it weird that I have a rule forbidding the putting of ketchup on hotdogs in my house and that I legitimately with 100% sincerity attempted to enforce it on my kids but my wife wouldn’t let me?

I enjoy ketchup, I’m not even from Chicago, nor of “Sausage Europe” descent, and yet I instinctively know there’s just something horribly wrong about putting it on a dog. Or a brat. Or a polish. Etc. Its just wrong and I will judge you for it. Including, specifically, my first born son.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#102 » by weneeda2guard » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:55 pm

Orlando is falling fast we might be in 8th soon.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,093

Post#103 » by Chi town » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:18 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:Orlando is falling fast we might be in 8th soon.

No Franz.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,333

Post#104 » by Stratmaster » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:38 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
bullskokie wrote:Coby is now way better than Zach, no debate! Its very clear that Zach struggled to adjust.. if he wanted to stay then he can do his thing off the bench. He needs to accept that reality.. if he goes to a different team or a contender.. he will still be a 3rd 4th guy.. Zach at this point of his career can be a dynamic 6th man like Jamal Crawford or Lou Williams.. instant offense off the bench..
Yeah. The new guy having his best stretch ever putting up 18/5/5 on .583 TS٪, while taking horrible shots and turning the ball over like a sieve is better than the old guy who consistently put up 25/5/5 on over .600 TS% while taking bad shots and turning the ball over at below league average for his usage.

Sure.

No debate.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

Will you automatically hate Coby if he trades your guy in Zach? Im not saying you will, but it would be so Bulls fan.

We have done this since Jamal Crawford and Hinrich.
I love Coby. I have made numerous comments praising Coby.

He is overrated on here. He is the same super 6th man I thought he would be.

He is Zach lite. And you know how much I like Zach.

But you are right. All the irrational Zach hate stems from a trade 7 years ago. So Bulls fan.

Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#105 » by Stratmaster » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:47 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:
bullskokie wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Yeah. The new guy having his best stretch ever putting up 18/5/5 on .583 TS٪, while taking horrible shots and turning the ball over like a sieve is better than the old guy who consistently put up 25/5/5 on over .600 TS% while taking bad shots and turning the ball over at below league average for his usage.

Sure.

No debate.

That 25/5/5 Zach is no longer a Bulls player.. you have to accept the fact that Zach does not adjust well and is not an impactful player with the Bulls. This coming from someone who is a Zach fan since day 1..

Zach should have started the season hot. This was his first off season he didn’t have to rehab. For Zach standards this is a very down year
And? That's sports. Players don't perform the same for every stretch of games. Personally, I will take 5 years of consistent performance measured over full seasons over a 15 game span to start the season.

And by the way, in that 15-game span he had a 4 game stretch where he averaged 30 points and 5 rebounds. Then Billy insinuated he was getting too much usage, so he stopped shooting as much. Then he had 8 rebounds and 8 assists against Phoenix and was criticized for not shooting enough.

Zach Lavine is a problem for the Bulls right now. But he wasn't the one who caused the problem. And frankly, he can't win no matter what he does here. It is now a lose-lose situation for everyone.

Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#106 » by Stratmaster » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:53 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Bandit King wrote:Still didn't stop sir Charles from dissing us on tv!!

Anyone with common sense knows we shouldn’t be trying to keep this failed experiment going. They only looking to trade Zach because he asked for it. They are content to keep to Vuc and DeMar to extend our mediocrity and they don’t care as long as they get paid and get to take 15 to 20 shots a night!
They have been shopping Zach for a year

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#107 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:55 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Bandit King wrote:Still didn't stop sir Charles from dissing us on tv!!

Anyone with common sense knows we shouldn’t be trying to keep this failed experiment going. They only looking to trade Zach because he asked for it. They are content to keep to Vuc and DeMar to extend our mediocrity and they don’t care as long as they get paid and get to take 15 to 20 shots a night!

Gauging the market and seriously shopping are not the same thing.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#108 » by Indomitable » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:51 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Or actually move Demar. The guy who is a free agent or do you think signing a slow undersized forward is a move.

We need to get a 6'9 forward with some range. Ideally like Denver has. The length with actually lead to wins.

One of the reasons this team was successful 3 years ago was the Ball effect.

His length, range, and ability to move really helped the team.

Torrey made this team better because of his length.

The team ability to deflect and get into transition was better.

Jimmy team never had a chance. Poor management. Or do you think we have Pat Riley. That man gets things done.
:banghead:
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#109 » by Stratmaster » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:00 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

If you believe the reports (and if you don't, why believe the current reports) they were in negotiations... they actually got to the part where they said "here is what we want back for him". They haven't gotten that far this time.

Yet, somehow, they weren't serious back then?

It's funny watching people try to flip this as if Zach just suddenly decided he wanted out.

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#110 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:18 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:They have been shopping Zach for a year

If you believe the reports (and if you don't, why believe the current reports) they were in negotiations... they actually got to the part where they said "here is what we want back for him". They haven't gotten that far this time.

Yet, somehow, they weren't serious back then?

It's funny watching people try to flip this as if Zach just suddenly decided he wanted out.

They were literally asking for a Gobert type package for Zach. And they still want a lot right now. Yes they want to move him, but they aren’t just looking to dump him. Which is why a trade likely won’t happen before the deadline unless a team gets desperate. I’m still thinking the minimum is really good young player and an unprotected 1st round pick(and not one from 2029 either). Even if both parties want out there is no rush on the Bulls side. It’s not like we are winning anything this season no matter what we do. I’d say let the season play out and try to trade him leading into the draft.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,358

Post#111 » by kodo » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:25 pm

How we feeling about Memphis? Safe win?
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,601

Post#112 » by dice » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:28 am

DuckIII wrote:Is it weird that I have a rule forbidding the putting of ketchup on hotdogs in my house and that I legitimately with 100% sincerity attempted to enforce it on my kids but my wife wouldn’t let me?

I enjoy ketchup, I’m not even from Chicago, nor of “Sausage Europe” descent, and yet I instinctively know there’s just something horribly wrong about putting it on a dog. Or a brat. Or a polish. Etc. Its just wrong and I will judge you for it. Including, specifically, my first born son.

a lot of people think it's somehow wrong to put ketchup on a hot dog. what i don't understand is how that ever got started. it's not like burgers are somehow more conducive to ketchup or hot dogs are more conducive to mustard

anyway...someday it will be considered weird and wrong to eat hot dogs in the first place
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged

Return to Chicago Bulls