Image ImageImage Image

Vuc comes in top 5!...

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,239

Re: Vuc comes in top 5!... 

Post#21 » by Red8911 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:27 pm

dougthonus wrote:
League Circles wrote:Gasol was bad IMO, despite the "all star" appearances (historically a bad guide to good players IMO, see Vuc, Boozer, Drummond, etc lol). Gasol was also very inefficient for a big man and was an equally atrocious defender, frankly if not worse.

Gasol was a dramatically better defender than Vuc. He had a similar lack of mobility, but in his era he wasn't expected to do as much on the perimeter so it mattered less, and he was just taller and was a dramatically better shot blocker / deterrent at the rim. Not saying Gasol was great at that end, but he wasn't in the same ball park as Vuc in terms of ineptitude.

He was slightly less efficient than Vuc, but league efficiency was also much less at that moment in time, so relative to the league he was actually slightly better.

He also cost less, even accounting for change in salary cap.

I don’t care what anyone says about Pau he was very good as a Bull despite coming at a later age. His IQ was off the charts. Enjoyed watching that man play basketball, unique player and professional as well.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,388

Post#22 » by Hangtime84 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:34 pm

One thing i cannot stand about basketball is the politics of a paycheck. Fans who are majority want their teams to win unless we are tanking by all means play Vuc.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,885

Post#23 » by dougthonus » Tue May 7, 2024 4:34 pm

sco wrote:Doug, I remember that you aren't suffering from hindsight bias as you have been vocal about it, and hey, you were right. I'm just saying that he had a plan that, on the surface, was based on something - and because of that, I'm a little more forgiving.

I don't want to beat anyone up over it because I've been so vocal about it for so long, I think his plan was literally "who is the biggest name that is available" and went and got that guy regardless of the cost. I think he probably made promises of I will get you back into the playoffs right away, and hell or highwater he was going to aim to do that regardless of whether it made sense mid-term or long-term.

BTW, I would LOVE it if you became our GM!

Any time you have an opportunity to become one of the most hated men in Chicago, you'd have to take it.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,723

Post#24 » by madvillian » Tue May 7, 2024 5:08 pm

Could have immediately rectified a mistake and just let him walk last year. But nah. Had to try and save face.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,885

Post#25 » by dougthonus » Tue May 7, 2024 5:39 pm

madvillian wrote:Could have immediately rectified a mistake and just let him walk last year. But nah. Had to try and save face.

And it worked, see how much we are celebrating both Vuc and AKME today?
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,723

Post#26 » by madvillian » Tue May 7, 2024 5:44 pm

dougthonus wrote:
madvillian wrote:Could have immediately rectified a mistake and just let him walk last year. But nah. Had to try and save face.

And it worked, see how much we are celebrating both Vuc and AKME today?

Continuity!
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,059

Post#27 » by bledredwine » Tue May 7, 2024 6:09 pm

Vuc is our modern Boozer, haha

The talent was there but just constantly frustrating.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,957

Post#28 » by Axl Rose » Tue May 7, 2024 6:13 pm

bledredwine wrote:Vuc is our modern Boozer, haha

Atleast Boozer provided an occasional laugh with his absurd yelling, punching refs in he nuts, and painting hair on his head.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,149

Post#29 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Tue May 7, 2024 6:46 pm

bledredwine wrote:Vuc is our modern Boozer, haha

The talent was there but just constantly frustrating.

precisely. two scapegoats.

missing CBoozTheBull right about now. remember that time he punched Danny Crawford in the nuts then got in his face afterward like "what now, bitch?". that's the kind of toughness and tenacity this team needs right now. we haven't gotten a bulls-themed rap song featuring Twista recently either, I'd sign CBooz to the MLE for that reason alone. Maybe if nobody's paying attention his kid can take his place for the next 5 to 10 years.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#30 » by pipfan » Tue May 7, 2024 8:19 pm

My idea (since we won't rebuild him and can't trade him) is to resign Drummond and start him. Let Vuc play off the bench, against worse lineups and split the minutes 24/24

Also, start Ayo/Lavine and let White play 30 min/night off the bench as well (to boost Lavine's trade value-I would hate to start Coby/Zach next year).

Return to Chicago Bulls