Image ImageImage Image

Your offseason plans for the Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,694

Re: Your offseason plans for the Bulls 

Post#261 » by sco » Tue May 14, 2024 12:00 am

drosestruts wrote:I call this the "where there's smoke there's fire" offseason plan.

Trade 1:

Chicago in: Jonathan Kuminga and Andrew Wiggins

Golden State in: Alex Caruso, Nikola Vucevic, and Torrey Craig

At the deadline there were reports that the Bulls liked Kuminga and that the Warriors liked Caruso but no deal materialized. Now they each get their guys while exchanging unwanted contracts. Warriors also add Craig for need forward depth.

Trade 2:

Chicago in: #5

Detroit in: Zach LaVine, #11

Another previously rumored deal gets completed with the addition of a pick swap in this year's draft. Chicago gets well below the tax. Draft BPA, don't worry about fit.

DeMar DeRozan:

I think, right or wrong, the Bulls will give DeMar the opportunity to decide if he wants to stay or not. With the above moves I'd guess he asks to go to LA, and that the Bulls accommodate him even if the return is underwhelming

Bulls in: Gabe Vincent, Jarred Vanderbilt, Jalen Hood-Schifino, and 2 2025 2nd's

Lakers in: DeMar DeRozan

Draft:

For the sake of this fantasy land let's say Nikola Topic falls - you know AK would be all over him

Free Agency:

Re-sign Patrick Williams to 3 year deal with ~$14m AAV
Release/relinquish cap holds on Bitim, Green, and Drummond

By my count at this point we'd have $14mm in cap space left and a need for some centers.

Throw all the remaining cap space at Hartenstein on a contract with raises every year - it will be more than he'd make on the MLE and it will be interesting to see if the Knicks match as they'll be starting the offseason ~$20mm below the tax and also have to re-sign Anunoby. Could in theory stretch Ball and make this offer even more competitive

Then use a portion, probably not all, of the MLE to sign James Wiseman and take a flier on if things can click for him in the near future

2024-25 Bulls:

White/Ball/Vincent/Carter
Topic/Dosunmu/JHS/
Williams/Wiggins/Terry
Kuminga/Phillips/Vanderbilt
Hartenstein/Wiseman

Bulls look something like this. Not a single starter over 26. Bulls rapidly become one of the youngest teams in the NBA

IMO, GS doesn't include Kuminga for that deal. Similarly I don't see us coming away with Vandy from LA for a Demar S&T. Nabbing Hartenstein would be a huge win.
:clap:
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,066

Post#262 » by vxmike » Tue May 14, 2024 2:10 am

kulaz3000 wrote:Top priority even before trading Zach is to get rid of Vuc. Unfortunately for the front office and us Bulls fans is that neither or both those players is going to net us anything of significance unless we package in a player in those deals, like Coby, Ayo, Alex or perhaps even Phillips.

If I were the Bulls I’d sell high on either Ayo and Coby, because let’s be real, neither of those players values are going to be as high as this off season. They are both coming off career seasons, going into season 2 of 3 of bargain contracts. I know there is always an attachment to your own draft selections, but those two are probably some of our great assets.

Memphis needs a C that can rebound. Vuc actually fits well next to JJJ who is a top tier defender but weak rebounder.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#263 » by Muzbar » Tue May 14, 2024 2:27 am

vxmike wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:Top priority even before trading Zach is to get rid of Vuc. Unfortunately for the front office and us Bulls fans is that neither or both those players is going to net us anything of significance unless we package in a player in those deals, like Coby, Ayo, Alex or perhaps even Phillips.

If I were the Bulls I’d sell high on either Ayo and Coby, because let’s be real, neither of those players values are going to be as high as this off season. They are both coming off career seasons, going into season 2 of 3 of bargain contracts. I know there is always an attachment to your own draft selections, but those two are probably some of our great assets.

Memphis needs a C that can rebound. Vuc actually fits well next to JJJ who is a top tier defender but weak rebounder.

Vucevic for Kennard/Konchar plus swap picks 9 & 11?
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,211

Post#264 » by League Circles » Tue May 14, 2024 3:24 am

All I really care about is that we don't squander assets, and trade at least one of Ayo and Caruso and at least one of Vuc and Zach, and draft a possible star (even if a big longshot).
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,426

Post#265 » by drosestruts » Tue May 14, 2024 2:19 pm

sco wrote:
drosestruts wrote:I call this the "where there's smoke there's fire" offseason plan.

Trade 1:

At the deadline there were reports that the Bulls liked Kuminga and that the Warriors liked Caruso but no deal materialized. Now they each get their guys while exchanging unwanted contracts. Warriors also add Craig for need forward depth.

Trade 2:

Another previously rumored deal gets completed with the addition of a pick swap in this year's draft. Chicago gets well below the tax. Draft BPA, don't worry about fit.

DeMar DeRozan:

I think, right or wrong, the Bulls will give DeMar the opportunity to decide if he wants to stay or not. With the above moves I'd guess he asks to go to LA, and that the Bulls accommodate him even if the return is underwhelming

Bulls in: Gabe Vincent, Jarred Vanderbilt, Jalen Hood-Schifino, and 2 2025 2nd's

Draft:

For the sake of this fantasy land let's say Nikola Topic falls - you know AK would be all over him

Free Agency:

By my count at this point we'd have $14mm in cap space left and a need for some centers.

Throw all the remaining cap space at Hartenstein on a contract with raises every year - it will be more than he'd make on the MLE and it will be interesting to see if the Knicks match as they'll be starting the offseason ~$20mm below the tax and also have to re-sign Anunoby. Could in theory stretch Ball and make this offer even more competitive

Then use a portion, probably not all, of the MLE to sign James Wiseman and take a flier on if things can click for him in the near future

2024-25 Bulls:

Topic/Dosunmu/JHS/
Williams/Wiggins/Terry
Hartenstein/Wiseman

Bulls look something like this. Not a single starter over 26. Bulls rapidly become one of the youngest teams in the NBA

IMO, GS doesn't include Kuminga for that deal. Similarly I don't see us coming away with Vandy from LA for a Demar S&T. Nabbing Hartenstein would be a huge win.

Yeah the Chicago & Golden State one if tricky. Like I said it's clear they like Caruso and we like Kuminga. How do you close that perceived value gap.

I think they'd be thrilled to be off Wiggins' contract, and Vuc at worst is a huge minutes eater at the center position who will grab rebounds, if he has a bounce back season and can refind some offensive efficiency it's becomes a huge win for them. Kuminga still makes for an odd fit with Draymond Green around as they're both best at the 4.

Not sure if the inclusion of a young player on our end like a Julian Phillips or Terry gives them a sort of "replacement young forward" they can feel like they have in development so it's not just 3 veterans. But with Curry I feel their main goal is to still try and win now.
sco
RealGM

Post#266 » by sco » Tue May 14, 2024 5:47 pm

drosestruts wrote:
sco wrote:

Trade 1:

Trade 2:

DeMar DeRozan:

Draft:

Free Agency:

2024-25 Bulls:

Topic/Dosunmu/JHS/
Williams/Wiggins/Terry
Hartenstein/Wiseman

Yeah the Chicago & Golden State one if tricky. Like I said it's clear they like Caruso and we like Kuminga. How do you close that perceived value gap.

I think they'd be thrilled to be off Wiggins' contract, and Vuc at worst is a huge minutes eater at the center position who will grab rebounds, if he has a bounce back season and can refind some offensive efficiency it's becomes a huge win for them. Kuminga still makes for an odd fit with Draymond Green around as they're both best at the 4.

Not sure if the inclusion of a young player on our end like a Julian Phillips or Terry gives them a sort of "replacement young forward" they can feel like they have in development so it's not just 3 veterans. But with Curry I feel their main goal is to still try and win now.

I'm with you here. GS is nearing the end of their dynasty and MIGHT be persuaded to trad Kuminga if it gives them one more swing. I'm not saying that Kuminga is a 100% future star, but he looks close enough to me that I would do everything possible to get him including taking back bad contracts and adding a pick to a Caruso deal. If somehow we could go into next season with Coby, Ayo, Pat, Kuminga, [not Vuc] I'd be excited for the season.
yifsuibfe1
Rookie
And1: 671

Post#267 » by yifsuibfe1 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:57 pm

Trade 1:

Trade 2:

DeMar DeRozan:

Draft:

Free Agency:

2024-25 Bulls:

Topic/Dosunmu/JHS/
Williams/Wiggins/Terry
Hartenstein/Wiseman

Would trade my firstborn for this offseason
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,860

Post#268 » by Jcool0 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:53 pm

Hey we have one of those we are willing to trade!
Read on Twitter
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,093

Post#269 » by Chi town » Wed May 15, 2024 12:30 am

Jcool0 wrote:Hey we have one of those we are willing to trade!
Read on Twitter

Well now we know where Zach is going.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,426

Post#270 » by jump » Wed May 15, 2024 12:44 am

I'm okay with Zach going to the Lakers, mainly because I think it could really happen. Prefer the Golden State ideas, of course. But I seriously doubt the Warriors are willing to part with Kuminga.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,857

Post#271 » by kulaz3000 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:33 am

Read on Twitter

Trading a role player for a star. Now wouldn't that be grand.
Why so serious?
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,851

Post#272 » by PlayerUp » Wed May 15, 2024 10:15 am

Keep everyone, re-sign DeMar, re-sign Pat. Run it back.

Okay I get it, that plan sucks and won't work in terms of contending. However it would force Reinsdorf to pay tens of millions in luxury tax something we haven't seen him ever do and probably a better plan than anything they currently have planned.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,860

Post#273 » by Jcool0 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:16 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I am sure the Bulls would be okay with it. But not sure that would get a trade done for almost any other "bonafide All-Star". But that's the Lakers for you. Thinking they can get something for nothing.
sco
RealGM

Post#274 » by sco » Wed May 15, 2024 12:32 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I am sure the Bulls would be okay with it. But not sure that would get a trade done for almost any other "bonafide All-Star". But that's the Lakers for you. Thinking they can get something for nothing.

Get me Reaves and Rui plus filler for Zach and I'd take it.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,501

Post#275 » by jnrjr79 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:30 pm

jump wrote:I'm okay with Zach going to the Lakers, mainly because I think it could really happen. Prefer the Golden State ideas, of course. But I seriously doubt the Warriors are willing to part with Kuminga.

If they do this, don't they essentially have to let DeMar walk? If they're not trading Zach into someone's cap space, and therefore have to take matching-ish salary back in return, how do you do this without going into the tax (which they obviously aren't going to do)? There would also be some interesting roster spot issues because the Lakers would have to throw in a lot of bodies with Reeves to match salaries.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,426

Post#276 » by jump » Wed May 15, 2024 3:40 pm

Lakers can include DeAngelo and Rui. We could even include Carter and the deal still works. I know DeAngelo isn't loved here, but he did shoot 41.5% on threes at 7 attempts per game.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,501

Post#277 » by jnrjr79 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:49 pm

jump wrote:Lakers can include DeAngelo and Rui. We could even include Carter and the deal still works. I know DeAngelo isn't loved here, but he did shoot 41.5% on threes at 7 attempts per game.

DeAngelo would have to opt in in this scenario. I assume the conventional wisdom is he will?
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,575

Post#278 » by Andi Obst » Wed May 15, 2024 4:05 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
jump wrote:Lakers can include DeAngelo and Rui. We could even include Carter and the deal still works. I know DeAngelo isn't loved here, but he did shoot 41.5% on threes at 7 attempts per game.

DeAngelo would have to opt in in this scenario. I assume the conventional wisdom is he will?

Reports have said that he plans to opt out, actually.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,241

Post#279 » by Red8911 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:09 pm

Trade for Trae Young. He may have his weaknesses defensively but he makes up for it with his shooting and passing ability. He’s a star and can be the new face of this franchise ( even though he looks and sounds funny).

If Atlanta would take Zach for Trae then it’s a no brainer for the bulls .Might have to sweeten the deal a bit more with either a pick or player to get it done.

One question is would a Trae/Coby backcourt work? I think it can, Coby plays well off ball as a SG and if someone like Trae sets him up in better spots he would be even better. Coby is also taller and can play defense.
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,507

Post#280 » by Ball4life32 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:14 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah hilarious…no one is trading their star for a one way role player led package.

Return to Chicago Bulls