Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,241

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11 

Post#481 » by Red8911 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:52 pm

dukeespn wrote:
Chicagoat wrote:

Topic is injured, looks like non contact. Might be out for long time. Could be rehabbing his whole rookie season.

Hurts an already weak draft but should the Bulls look into him if he falls to us? I get Bulls have a bad history with injured point guards but is it worth risk for BPA?

That's too bad. I liked his plays before he got injured. Also he had aggressive mindset to compete for higher stages like the EuroLeague.

I think his draft stock would drop significantly. He's hurt again after his left knee ligament injury early in the year.

I don't think he's a pure point guard but I like his ability to drive to the basket though he hasn't elite athleticism.

Now whoever the bulls wanted at 11 will have a less chance of being available since this guy won’t get selected in the top 10 if his injury is long term.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,501

Post#482 » by jnrjr79 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:10 pm

Red8911 wrote:
dukeespn wrote:
Chicagoat wrote:

Topic is injured, looks like non contact. Might be out for long time. Could be rehabbing his whole rookie season.

Hurts an already weak draft but should the Bulls look into him if he falls to us? I get Bulls have a bad history with injured point guards but is it worth risk for BPA?

That's too bad. I liked his plays before he got injured. Also he had aggressive mindset to compete for higher stages like the EuroLeague.

I think his draft stock would drop significantly. He's hurt again after his left knee ligament injury early in the year.

I don't think he's a pure point guard but I like his ability to drive to the basket though he hasn't elite athleticism.

Now whoever the bulls wanted at 11 will have a less chance of being available since this guy won’t get selected in the top 10 if his injury is long term.

It's been reported today that he has no structural damage and should be ready for pre-draft workouts in June.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,241

Post#483 » by Red8911 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:14 pm

nomorezorro wrote:
Read on Twitter

this sort of thing popping up at the combine almost never amounts to anything, but given the quality of the draft maybe it's enough to sell me on edey as an alright option at 11

I would get the big fella. I know there’s a lot of question marks but he’s also very talented and knows how to use his size to his advantage. Bulls need a center for now and the future as well.

Since he’s projected to go in the 15-20 range then the Bulls should consider acquiring another pick in the same range or even trade the #11 to move down and maybe get an asset or player out of it.

Having said that I would be surprised if the bulls were actually interested in Edey I would guess they like Clingon more if they were to draft a center but he won’t fall to 11.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,426

Post#484 » by drosestruts » Tue May 14, 2024 7:28 pm

in 4 years everyones going to think Missi is the best center from this draft

6'10" height
7'2" Wingspan

Highest vertical jump in the entire combine.

Don't worry about what he doesn't do, he'll be a defensive anchor for your team. Listen to people smarter than me talk about him here:

great shot blocker
defends the pick and roll
defends the post
can switch
protects the paint

The above video compares him to Jarrett Allen. I'll take a Jarrett Allen at 11.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,426

Post#485 » by jump » Tue May 14, 2024 7:48 pm

I've been on the Missi train for a few weeks. So I agree, he could look like a steal in a couple of years.
SirKaiser
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#486 » by SirKaiser » Tue May 14, 2024 7:55 pm

If one of Ron Holland or Cody Williams could fall to us at #11 that would be ideal. Please no more guards though. As of today, we have a logjam of 6 guards between the 1 and 2 (not counting Terry and Bitim) and there's no reason to believe our FO will, or can, trade any of them.

I'm fine with taking a chance at Salaun or Missi if none of the guys we wanted are available.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,860

Post#487 » by Jcool0 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:04 pm

SirKaiser wrote:If one of Ron Holland or Cody Williams could fall to us at #11 that would be ideal. Please no more guards though. As of today, we have a logjam of 6 guards between the 1 and 2 (not counting Terry and Bitim) and there's no reason to believe our FO will, or can, trade any of them.

I'm fine with taking a chance at Salaun or Missi if none of the guys we wanted are available.

Ron Holland has to much upside to last till 11 in this draft. Cody Williams could fall to the Bulls.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 664

Post#488 » by Rose2Boozer » Tue May 14, 2024 8:17 pm

BigUps wrote:Tyler Smith is very intriguing to me. 11 may be a little high for him, but its hard to find what he offers at his size and age.

Dude is young Bobby Portis. I'll take him a 11 all day. The problem is AK. Dude will probably draft a project from Europe.
ROLES & HOLES
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,936

Post#489 » by TheSuzerain » Tue May 14, 2024 8:26 pm

This forum has very good reason to hate on a Cody Williams selection after PWill/Snell
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,850

Post#490 » by DuckIII » Tue May 14, 2024 8:58 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:The problem is AK. Dude will probably draft a project from Europe.

That doesn’t seem like AK’s style at all.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,595

Post#491 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:30 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:The problem is AK. Dude will probably draft a project from Europe.

Nope he's more likely to go after the unproven guy with "potential" and length....because he could develop into something nice....(Pat, Terry, Phillips, Marco...) and then proceed to bury them on the bench for old "stars" that don't fit together and kill their development for 2-3 years.
rosenthall
Senior
And1: 289

Post#492 » by rosenthall » Tue May 14, 2024 9:45 pm

I like Missi too. On offense he looks like Capela, on defense he looks like Jonathan Isaac. However, I don't get the Jarrett Allen comp. Allen was a pure C who made his impact with crazy length. Missi's length is okay, but it's his bounciness and mobility that makes him effective, not his long arms.

I'd be happy with him at #11 though.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,936

Post#493 » by TheSuzerain » Tue May 14, 2024 10:08 pm

No thanks on Missi. Too early for that archetype.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,365

Post#494 » by kodo » Tue May 14, 2024 10:25 pm

I also can't see AK ever drafting someone like Missi.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#495 » by Muzbar » Wed May 15, 2024 12:44 am

DuckIII wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
DuckIII wrote:I know a lot of you will understandably disagree due to fit and shooting, but the more recent mocks have me drooling for Castle.

If it holds that he ends up projected around 8/9/10 I’d really like to see AK trade up to secure him.

But I’m intrigued by a lot of these guys.

Duck, what intrigues you about Castle, admittingly I haven't checked out an film on him yet, but his stats look pretty pedestrian (although he was the best shooter in the 3pt drill at the combine).

I don't care about fit, the Bulls should be drafting for talent, not best fit.

I'll check out some YT on him later.

In the games I saw, his defense and competitiveness were off the charts. Total winner, total intensity. Not real tall but tall enough and has outstanding wingspan and every element of athleticism you need. He also has a good halfcourt handle, a good finisher, and has PG level vision and passing. I think his ceiling is Jimmy Butler.

The only issue with him as a prospect is his perimeter shooting, and its a legitimate issue. Including the technique, which needs work. If he can't become a passable threat from 3 it will limit his ceiling, but he has everything else.

Seems the initial information was fudged up, Castle now measures in at 6'5.5" w/o shoes, so he seems plenty big enough according to that.

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro?SeasonYear=2024-25

I'll check him out a bit later, seems to be a bit of negative comments here though regarding him. I do love me a defensive player though.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,426

Post#496 » by jump » Wed May 15, 2024 1:48 am

Side note: Dante Divincenzo was the 17th pick.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 664

Post#497 » by Rose2Boozer » Wed May 15, 2024 3:02 am

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

Nope he's more likely to go after the unproven guy with "potential" and length....because he could develop into something nice....(Pat, Terry, Phillips, Marco...) and then proceed to bury them on the bench for old "stars" that don't fit together and kill their development for 2-3 years.

Tidjane Salaun out of France.
ROLES & HOLES
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,379

Post#498 » by The Box Office » Wed May 15, 2024 8:05 am

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
burlydee wrote:
The Box Office wrote:
That's a great thing. Reed Sheppard is a great prospect. He doesn't have many flaws in his game.

- Reed is a great defensive player right now. He's a force on that end. We NEED that on the perimeter right now with Alex Caruso. He would be an immediate impact dude for us.
- Reed is a great knock down shooter from anywhere.
- He doesn't turnover the ball that much.
- He can get assists. I don't see him being an elite level assists dude ever in his career, but out of necessity, he can rack them up. Maybe he can develop into it.
- Reed can create his own shot with the dribble. He got handles.
- He's a good finisher.
- He's efficient.

Honestly, I trade LaVine for him. Right now. No problem. Reed, to me, is a top 3 prospect in this draft.

I think Reed is the guy I like most in this draft. I think hid shooting will translate as will the defense. I think he has the potential to be an all star.

If he falls to #11 you better start asking yourself, "WTF is wrong with him" because he is a consensus Top 5 in nearly every mock draft.

Top 8 is almost certainly in some order:
Sarr - Top 5 lock likely
Risacher - Top 5 lock likely
Topic - Top 5 lock likely
Sheppard - Top 5 lock likely
Clignan - Top 10 lock likely
Castle - Top 10 lock likely
Buzelis - Top 10 lock likely
Knect - Top 10 lock likely

This is the group we should be "focusing" on:
Holland
Dillingham
Williams
Collier
Walter
Salaun
McCain

Nah there is NOTHING wrong. Remember when Tyrese Haliburton fell to us and we passed on him? Remember when I was all over RealGM Bulls Board claiming that Tyrese Haliburton is the number one pick?

I was right.

If Reed Sheppard fell to us, we better NOT pass on him. He's a great player.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,304

Post#499 » by Dan Z » Wed May 15, 2024 8:47 am

"Here are some Bulls' possibilities at No. 11 in NBA Draft" by K.C. Johnson.

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nba/chicago-bulls/bulls-analysis/bulls-possibilities-in-nba-draft/561746/
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#500 » by Muzbar » Wed May 15, 2024 10:09 am

The Box Office wrote:
ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
burlydee wrote:
I think Reed is the guy I like most in this draft. I think hid shooting will translate as will the defense. I think he has the potential to be an all star.

If he falls to #11 you better start asking yourself, "WTF is wrong with him" because he is a consensus Top 5 in nearly every mock draft.

Top 8 is almost certainly in some order:
Sarr - Top 5 lock likely
Risacher - Top 5 lock likely
Topic - Top 5 lock likely
Sheppard - Top 5 lock likely
Clignan - Top 10 lock likely
Castle - Top 10 lock likely
Buzelis - Top 10 lock likely
Knect - Top 10 lock likely

This is the group we should be "focusing" on:
Holland
Dillingham
Williams
Collier
Walter
Salaun
McCain

Nah there is NOTHING wrong. Remember when Tyrese Haliburton fell to us and we passed on him? Remember when I was all over RealGM Bulls Board claiming that Tyrese Haliburton is the number one pick?

I was right.

If Reed Sheppard fell to us, we better NOT pass on him. He's a great player.

Haliburton never 'fell' to the Bulls, he was never projected to be a top 5 pick by any of the experts.

Haliburton wasn't and still isn't the number 1 pick of that draft, that was and is Anthony Edwards.

Haliburton should have been the pick at 4 that year though (although I thought it was a stretch, I really wanted him if we stayed at 7).
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?

Return to Chicago Bulls