Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,603

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11 

Post#521 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Wed May 15, 2024 9:31 pm

Dan Z wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:I still have a gut feeling that AKME will choose Filipowski to play as a PF, not as a Center. He's not outstanding at any one thing. He's a good passer. Adequate defensively. Average shooter. Cody Williams is another possibility. I just don't see them Drafting another guard unless they trade one of ours. Knecht will probably be gone. Collier is probably not an adequate shooter. Devin Carter is, but again we have enough guards. I don't care at this point whether we keep Patrick. He'll just sleepwalk through half the next seasons. And he doesn't want to play the "4" anyway. In his mind he's a "3".

Filipowski seems like he's an okay player, but at #11 I think the Bulls will pass on a few players who will end up with better NBA careers.

As a Duke fan and Filipowski fan...Kyle picked at #11 would be a really bad reach. I think he truly is a reach anywhere before #20. This is a bad draft, hands down, it just is and he is only projected in that 16-25 range. A good draft year and he'd be an early-mid 2nd round pick tbh. He doesn't do any one thing great or bad, he is just entirely mediocre across the board. And this is coming from a big fan!
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#522 » by 2weekswithpay » Wed May 15, 2024 9:58 pm

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:I still have a gut feeling that AKME will choose Filipowski to play as a PF, not as a Center. He's not outstanding at any one thing. He's a good passer. Adequate defensively. Average shooter. Cody Williams is another possibility. I just don't see them Drafting another guard unless they trade one of ours. Knecht will probably be gone. Collier is probably not an adequate shooter. Devin Carter is, but again we have enough guards. I don't care at this point whether we keep Patrick. He'll just sleepwalk through half the next seasons. And he doesn't want to play the "4" anyway. In his mind he's a "3".

Filipowski seems like he's an okay player, but at #11 I think the Bulls will pass on a few players who will end up with better NBA careers.

As a Duke fan and Filipowski fan...Kyle picked at #11 would be a really bad reach. I think he truly is a reach anywhere before #20. This is a bad draft, hands down, it just is and he is only projected in that 16-25 range. A good draft year and he'd be an early-mid 2nd round pick tbh. He doesn't do any one thing great or bad, he is just entirely mediocre across the board. And this is coming from a big fan!

I think this weak draft stuff is being overstated. In the good 2021 draft you had players like Kai Jones projected to go in the same range as Filipowski. Filipowski has his issues but he is better than Kai Jones at everything besides athleticism.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,866

Post#523 » by Jcool0 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:17 pm

Dan Z wrote:

Filipowski would probably be one of the worst outcomes at #11.... Which means we should probably prepare for it to happen.
Brothaman33
Senior
And1: 443

Post#524 » by Brothaman33 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:19 pm

I can't help but not love the draft... even though this is a horrible draft supposedly...still looking forward to researching a ton of players

- I like Castle alot and agree with alot of Ducks take on him. To me, he is one of the more higher upside players in the draft, he plays quick with great athleticism and defends very well. The offense is not there yet, but he can figure out that end he's got great 2 way guard potential.

- I like Topic alot... I just like that he is always moving, he doesn't waste time, navigates screens really well and plays with great pace. We'll seehow the injuries play out.

- I'm more of a Knecht fan then not...but...I think he's going to be terrible defensively, looks like he has heavy feet to me. I think he'll score alot of points though and I think his shot and release could be top notch.

-Random notes...Edey will probably be overdrafted because this draft is so bad. If your gonna take a chance on him, this is the draft to do it. Not a fan of Clingan or Risacher. Yves Missi intrigues me a bit for a Bulls pick...but you won't be able to expect much early. But he looks to have great potential as a rim running defensive big. I like the upside.

-
"Thibs and Deng make Skiles and Duhon look like a one night stand" - Red Larrivee
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#525 » by Dan Z » Thu May 16, 2024 1:41 am

DuckIII wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
I'll check him out a bit later, seems to be a bit of negative comments here though regarding him.

I assume those comments begin and end with his 3 ball. Which is legit. But he has all the other attributes you’d like to see.

2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#526 » by 2weekswithpay » Thu May 16, 2024 4:31 am

Read on Twitter

Worth bringing up.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,593

Post#527 » by JohnnyTapwater » Thu May 16, 2024 9:54 am

Love Ajay Mitchell.
Chicagoat
Pro Prospect
And1: 992

Post#528 » by Chicagoat » Thu May 16, 2024 11:44 am

JohnnyTapwater wrote:Love Ajay Mitchell.

Read on Twitter

This draft is full of interesting guard prospects. Mitchell reminds me of Andrew Nembhard
AKME? More like MEAK with how they're afraid to make a move to push us in one direction.

Continuity :banghead: :banghead:
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,877

Post#529 » by DuckIII » Thu May 16, 2024 1:57 pm

Dan Z wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
I'll check him out a bit later, seems to be a bit of negative comments here though regarding him.

I assume those comments begin and end with his 3 ball. Which is legit. But he has all the other attributes you’d like to see.

Winner. Not because of this interview, but because of the way he plays. Interesting that he said he views himself more as a point guard. He definitely can pass like one which is one of the reasons I’m so high on him.

In the Around the NBA thread I mentioned that it’s not a coincidence that the soul of the Knicks is 3 of Jay Wright’s Villanova guys. I’m not at all a believer in “program” drafting because it’s a crap shoot and most elite college programs are based on recruiting and overwhelming depth of talent, not coaching.

Jay Wright is an exception to that. I would factor in program for his players and it’s part of the reason I led the charge to draft Mikal Bridges when many thought he was a reach at 7.

Dan Hurley is Jay Wright’s successor in this. UCONN is boot camp and Hurley will be producing Green Berets. I think Castle is one of them. I wouldn’t pick him because of Hurley, but as with Wright, I definitely consider it a factor.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,100

Post#530 » by Chi town » Thu May 16, 2024 3:55 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

Winner. Not because of this interview, but because of the way he plays. Interesting that he said he views himself more as a point guard. He definitely can pass like one which is one of the reasons I’m so high on him.

In the Around the NBA thread I mentioned that it’s not a coincidence that the soul of the Knicks is 3 of Jay Wright’s Villanova guys. I’m not at all a believer in “program” drafting because it’s a crap shoot and most elite college programs are based on recruiting and overwhelming depth of talent, not coaching.

Jay Wright is an exception to that. I would factor in program for his players and it’s part of the reason I led the charge to draft Mikal Bridges when many thought he was a reach at 7.

Dan Hurley is Jay Wright’s successor in this. UCONN is boot camp and Hurley will be producing Green Berets. I think Castle is one of them. I wouldn’t pick him because of Hurley, but as with Wright, I definitely consider it a factor.

Spot on with Hurley like Wright. He’s producing winning players. This is why I like Cam Spencer. He’s Caruso 2.0.

Still not sold on Castle. If the shot doesn’t come he’s Hart. Solid and helpful but not nearly enough at a position we don’t really need it.
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 663

Post#531 » by boozapalooza » Thu May 16, 2024 4:40 pm

Read on Twitter

The length, athleticism , passing, shooting….yes please. Sign me up. This could be a big time high upside pick at 11. Question is, can we develop someone who may need a year or two to adjust to the NBA game. The answer is no so far, but maybe Salaun is a different story.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 666

Post#532 » by Rose2Boozer » Thu May 16, 2024 4:44 pm

JohnnyTapwater wrote:Love Ajay Mitchell.

Ajay Mitchell and Jaylon Tyson are two of my favorite under the radar prospects.
ROLES & HOLES
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,434

Post#533 » by drosestruts » Thu May 16, 2024 4:57 pm

boozapalooza wrote:
Read on Twitter

The length, athleticism , passing, shooting….yes please. Sign me up. This could be a big time high upside pick at 11. Question is, can we develop someone who may need a year or two to adjust to the NBA game. The answer is no so far, but maybe Salaun is a different story.

Are Coby and Ayo not evidence of an ability to develop players?
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#534 » by prolific passer » Thu May 16, 2024 5:14 pm

So due to the lack of depth and talent in this draft. Is better to have multiple picks just to fill needs? They say that we can get probably 2 picks for Caruso. Maybe trade him to the thunder to get the #12 pick and a first for next years.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#535 » by DuckIII » Thu May 16, 2024 5:28 pm

Chi town wrote:Still not sold on Castle. If the shot doesn’t come he’s Hart. Solid and helpful but not nearly enough at a position we don’t really need it.

Thats the thing with Castle. It’s only the perimeter shot that is in question. If that develops, and plenty of players have been showing it can, he’s a complete player. He has everything else.

As for team needs, like using the pick at all rather than trading it, there is what should logically be done and what AK will do. These concepts virtually never overlap.

What Should Be Done: Draft for the future, which means talent and skill but position be damned. It should not matter what the roster looks like today because this roster is the 20th best team in the NBA, has an old core, and is just a dead man walking.

What AK Will Likely Do: Trade the pick for an immediate impact veteran or draft a non-project plug and play prospect to quickly fill the team needs he spent the last two years completely ignoring. Like reaching for a center. These moves make sense if your goal is to “compete” with DDR but make no sense at all if you are not a moron.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,426

Post#536 » by jump » Thu May 16, 2024 5:28 pm

prolific passer wrote:So due to the lack of depth and talent in this draft. Is better to have multiple picks just to fill needs? They say that we can get probably 2 picks for Caruso. Maybe trade him to the thunder to get the #12 pick and a first for next years.

Like the idea, but it seems OKC already has Dort filling the Caruso role. Really like the idea of getting a first for 2025.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#537 » by DuckIII » Thu May 16, 2024 5:31 pm

drosestruts wrote:
boozapalooza wrote:
Read on Twitter

Are Coby and Ayo not evidence of an ability to develop players?

Yes they are. And I’m a fan of taking Salaun (and a couple other developmental guys).
prolific passer
Assistant Coach

Post#538 » by prolific passer » Thu May 16, 2024 5:34 pm

jump wrote:
prolific passer wrote:So due to the lack of depth and talent in this draft. Is better to have multiple picks just to fill needs? They say that we can get probably 2 picks for Caruso. Maybe trade him to the thunder to get the #12 pick and a first for next years.

Like the idea, but it seems OKC already has Dort filling the Caruso role. Really like the idea of getting a first for 2025.

True but if they get eliminated or lose in the finals they will be looking to improve the roster just a bit more.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,512

Post#539 » by jnrjr79 » Thu May 16, 2024 5:37 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Chi town wrote:Still not sold on Castle. If the shot doesn’t come he’s Hart. Solid and helpful but not nearly enough at a position we don’t really need it.

Thats the thing with Castle. It’s only the perimeter shot that is in question. If that develops, and plenty of players have been showing it can, he’s a complete player. He has everything else.

As for team needs, like using the pick at all rather than trading it, there is what should logically be done and what AK will do. These concepts virtually never overlap.

What Should Be Done: Draft for the future, which means talent, skill and position be damned. It should not matter what the roster looks like today because this roster is the 20th best team in the NBA, has an old core, and is just a dead man walking.

What AK Will Likely Do: Trade the pick for an immediate impact veteran or draft a non-project plug and play prospect to quickly fill the team needs he spent the last two years completely ignoring. Like reaching for a center. These moves make sense if your goal is to “compete” with DDR but make no sense at all if you are not a moron.

Hmm, I'm not so sure about "what AK will likely do." I suppose a trade for a vet is possible, but AK has not done that since the initial rebuild. Perhaps he will now that he proclaims to be done with the continuity plan. To the extent he uses the pick, his draft history does not really suggest he's a plug-and-play guy.

White - sort of a mix of a project and a ready guy when drafted
Gafford - raw project with tools
Patrick Williams - massively unproven when drafted. Young, didn't start in college, not ready to play. Drafted for upside.
Marko - ehh I don't know what he is, but he was certainly a project
Ayo - immediate contributor, older player
Dalen Terry - young toolsy project
prolific passer
Assistant Coach

Post#540 » by prolific passer » Thu May 16, 2024 5:46 pm

So focused on what AK is looking for but what is Billy looking for in this draft?

Return to Chicago Bulls