Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Bobcats Postgame Thread: Noah brings the HUSTLE..

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,474

Post#121 » by coldfish » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:32 pm

Thanks Doug.

I agree with TB#1's assessment of the two players, roughly. Wallace > Curry. My comparison of the two players was comparing the arguments surrounding them on realgm more than the players themselves.

Point blank, with Curry, his supporters did not put as much weight on the impact of his poor defense as his detractors did. With Wallace, his detractors put far more weight (when evaluating him) on his offensive issues than the people who look at him more favorably.

The reason why I bring it up is because his detractors are not being considered objective when they do not give him good overall grades. Its simply due to a different set of priorities.
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#122 » by TB#1 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:42 pm

dougthonus wrote:However, Wallace's defensive contributions are only a minor positive to me while his offensive deficiencies are a far greater negative. I do think Wallace has a place on the team, i just wish it was a place of playing 20 minutes a night. Last night was a good example where in the first half he played awful for 18 minutes, but he got to keep going. He somewhat turned it around in the second half. I just wish our young players would get as much rope.

I think his defensive contributions are a major positive.

I agree that his offensive deficiencies are a great negative. As I said earlier, having him on the floor on offense in the 4th quarter of a tight game is bad enough. Having him touch the ball on nearly evvery offensive possession in the 4th quarter of a tight game is playing with fire and in the long run is almost certainly a net negative.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#123 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:01 pm

FWIW, Noah is now sporting a 19.09 PER, which leads the team.

Get that man some more minutes.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#124 » by cool007 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:00 pm

Also to add more about Wallace. The thing that I really really hate about Wallace on offense is that everytime he sets the screens for our guards (I know he shouldn't be setting the picks but if he does), I pull my hair everytime coz he rarely and I mean rarely rolls to the basket. He just stands there watches the double team going towards the guards and just watches. I really really really would like him to roll towards the basket (which he used to do with Pistons), and either get a dunk/layup or when somebody else comes to help, just pass it to open guy.

Why is that such a hard??? Is it just me or anyone notice this too. Coz atleast by rolling toward the basket (see Noah and Tyrus - both roll to the basket and are quite effective) Wallace can definitely help us on offense a little more.

Otherwise, what is the point of setting the screens???

I really liked Smith setting the screens when Gordon has the ball up top, coz Smith can hit that open J and it would be really like "pick your poison - smith or gordon" for opposing teams.
JeremyB0001
General Manager
And1: 810

Post#125 » by JeremyB0001 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:32 pm

I'm probably just repeating what others have said, but if Wallace is an overall plus for the team, it's by a very small margin. His defense has been very good lately but his rebounding has been roughly average and he absolutely kills us on offense. I don't think he's an overall plus playing 35+ minutes for this team when you factor in the other options we have in the front court.

BobbyBulls wrote:This reminds me of the game Tyrus had against the Pistons. Sure he scored a lot but Detroit went with the matchup and Rasheed torched Tyrus on the other end. Tonight will be a good test for Noah. I'm pulling for him.

Sheed is a legit seven feet and was swishing turn around jumpers with Tyrus' hand in his face all night. I'm not sure who can defend against that. Maybe Dwight Howard can, but I can't think of anyone on the Bulls capable of shutting down that shot when he's on.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,853

Post#126 » by DuckIII » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:38 pm

JeremyB0001 wrote:I'm probably just repeating what others have said, but if Wallace is an overall plus for the team, it's by a very small margin. His defense has been very good lately but his rebounding has been roughly average and he absolutely kills us on offense. I don't think he's an overall plus playing 35+ minutes for this team when you factor in the other options we have in the front court.

In the last 4 games under Boylan, Wallace is a +36. Thats the second highest among all of our regular rotational players. Normally, I don't put too much credence into +/- stats, but when you consider that in 12 minutes per game (roughly 1/3 of his minutes) it has been guaranteed that Wallace was not on the floor with the Bulls best +/- player in those 4 games (Ben Gordon who is at +39), it suggests he's having pretty positive impact out there right now under Boylan.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Return to Chicago Bulls