Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, Ice Man, dougthonus

Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,242

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#101 » by Red8911 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:25 pm

Muzbar wrote:
LikeMike23 wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:I noticed you guys were unable to extend Pat Williams in the offseason. Can any of you tell me why they couldn't agree to a deal? Was he asking for too much or does he want a bigger role or something? Any chance he would be available in trade?

The Bulls didn't extend Patrick Williams because he wanted more money than the Bulls were willing to pay. Rumor has it, he wanted $20+ million per year. There's no chance he's available for trade. The Bulls will match any offer he receives in free agency or sign him to a team friendly deal like Coby White.

I very much doubt there 'no chance' of him being available for trade. Nobody on this team should be untouchable, for the right package Patrick Williams could very well be traded.

Pat is not some can't miss prospect.

A couple of months ago when he was still struggling his name came up in trade rumors but after his recent much improved play I don’t expect the bulls to trade him.

Of course he’s not untouchable but no one is offering much in a trade to acquire him. That’s why most likely he isn’t going anywhere for now.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,944

Post#102 » by ChettheJet » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:33 pm

Patrick wanted more money than the Bulls were willing to offer. Nobody seems to look at it from the player perspective. If the Bulls can't move Lavine and resign Demar, still have Vuc and Coby grows, why in the heck would Williams want to sign for bench money with no chance that his role will ever be anything more than it is now? He'd never be able to show anything to ever have a chance at a big contract.

He would be better off signing some front loaded deal with another team that the Bulls wouldn't want to match and if they did he'd at least have been paid more money to serve as a busboy to the 'stars' who get older every game the Bulls think can get to the play in.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#103 » by FriedRise » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:58 pm

Man what happened to Dinwiddie.
Read on Twitter
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,939

Post#104 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:23 pm

FriedRise wrote:Man what happened to Dinwiddie.
Read on Twitter

He's also tethered his FG% to the value of crypto
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,944

Post#105 » by ChettheJet » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:25 pm

I think there might be something here if the #3 and #4 Bulls trades are combined into one. They keep Lavine unless there's an offer that looks good.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10105664-nba-trade-block-big-board-new-landing-spots-for-top-10-targets

Send Chris Paul for the money to PORT, everything the same and just let the Bulls keep Lonzo. Bulls end up with

Williams Craig Phillips
Craig Pokusevski
Vucevic Drummond
White Dosunmu Terry
Lavine Moody Drell Bitim

On paper it's a bit of hit to finish the year but most of these guys are going to play Billy's way. They all come back and the bench guys get pushed by 3 1st round picks and if by some miracle Lomzo can play, they take a major leap forward
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,396

Post#106 » by Hangtime84 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Hey Huston do you want LaVine
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#107 » by Chi town » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:59 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hey Huston do you want LaVine

Rockets are a great fit for Zach. They have lots of young talent that won’t be able to blossom together. Not enough shots to go around.

I’m sure they’d give Jalen Green but he’s like left effective lower IQ Lavine. I don’t want him. I’d certainly flip him though.

I’d want one of Whitmore or Eason back for Zach.

Flip Green for a 1st. I’m sure there are teams that would trade that for him.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#108 » by Muzbar » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:25 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wiretap says otherwise...

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/274352/Nets-Expected-To-Be-Buyers-Leading-To-Trade-Deadline
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#109 » by Dan Z » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:22 pm

Should the Bulls inquire about one of them?

According to Charania, Brown, Gary Trent Jr., and Dennis Schröder are among the Raptors veterans worth keeping an eye on in the coming weeks, since they may not be part of the team’s plans beyond this season and they’d appeal to playoff teams on the trade market.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/01/raptors-notes-brown-trent-schroder-siakam-barnes-lewis.html
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,181

Post#110 » by MrSparkle » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:50 pm

Muzbar wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wiretap says otherwise...

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/274352/Nets-Expected-To-Be-Buyers-Leading-To-Trade-Deadline

LOL at sports news, is all I'll say.

I think BRK can go both ways. If they can get a god offer for Mikal, they should take it and run. He's the type of player some overly-zealous GM might pay 4 FRPs and prospects.

If they can get good value for DFS, Cam J or B, Royce, Dinwiddie, they should do it, cause none of this guys are franchise players.

OTOH they owe HOU their 24, 25 (swap with some complicated OKC 3-way parameters), 26 and 27 (swap) FRPs. So there is absolutely zero reason to dump any talent whatsoever for a tank.

I could see them trying to lateral trade their way into Murray, Lavine, etc.
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 853

Post#111 » by Bullflip » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:40 pm

Heard there is a trade in place for Lakers to get Murray from Atlanta. I guess Lavine isn’t going there
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,698

Post#112 » by sco » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:24 pm

Bullflip wrote:Heard there is a trade in place for Lakers to get Murray from Atlanta. I guess Lavine isn’t going there

Makes me angry because if the Lakers could cobble together enough assets to pull of that trade, I feel like we could have topped it. I still think Zach is more attractive than Reaves, but maybe not. I would have done Zach and POR 1st for Murray and filler.
:clap:
FriedRise
RealGM

Post#113 » by FriedRise » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:56 pm

sco wrote:
Bullflip wrote:Heard there is a trade in place for Lakers to get Murray from Atlanta. I guess Lavine isn’t going there

Makes me angry because if the Lakers could cobble together enough assets to pull of that trade, I feel like we could have topped it. I still think Zach is more attractive than Reaves, but maybe not. I would have done Zach and POR 1st for Murray and filler.

You don’t want this
Read on Twitter
Infinity2152
Senior
And1: 282

Post#114 » by Infinity2152 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:20 am

sco wrote:

Agree 100%. Russell being more attractive than Lavine is just crazy. If they think Murray is a bad fit next to Trae Young, wait until they try starting Russell and Young. Literally can't be done. Debo and Port 1st should be more attractive than the Russell package.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#115 » by Muzbar » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:21 am

FriedRise wrote:
sco wrote:

You don’t want this
Read on Twitter

That's a terrible deal for Dejounte if true, Bulls could beat that.
FriedRise
RealGM

Post#116 » by FriedRise » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:32 am

Muzbar wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
sco wrote:Makes me angry because if the Lakers could cobble together enough assets to pull of that trade, I feel like we could have topped it. I still think Zach is more attractive than Reaves, but maybe not. I would have done Zach and POR 1st for Murray and filler.

You don’t want this
Read on Twitter

That's a terrible deal for Dejounte if true, Bulls could beat that.

Yeah pretty much, it’s all the Lakers would offer. It’s terrible but just like last year with Westbrook, some team is gonna bite and help them out. Just hoping it’s not us.
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,438

Post#117 » by aguifs » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:34 am

Kuminga and Thompson, future pick

for

Lavine and Caruso

We get a big expiring, we see what we have in Kuminga and get a pick for the future.

I pay the Uber.

One year from now, we won't find better value for Lavine.
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#118 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:37 am

Woj just said on espn countdown that the asking price is for Alex Caruso is Astronomical, as the Bulls really don’t want to trade him.

The convo was about Bruce Brown and certain role players being so valued coming towards the trade deadline
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,108

Post#119 » by Wingy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:53 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:Woj just said on espn countdown that the asking price is for Alex Caruso is Astronomical, as the Bulls really don’t want to trade him.

The convo was about Bruce Brown and certain role players being so valued coming towards the trade deadline

Our front office is Idiotical.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#120 » by Muzbar » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:00 am

Look at the Bulls current roster.

That's what this roster will look like Feb 9th.

Return to Chicago Bulls