Image ImageImage Image

GT # 42, Bulls @ Cavs, 15 Jan 2024, 6 PM CT, NBCSCH

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

RyanJamari
Junior
And1: 122

Re: GT # 42, Bulls @ Cavs, 15 Jan 2024, 6 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#101 » by RyanJamari » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:43 am

Dan Z wrote:
RyanJamari wrote:
kodo wrote:
Has nothing to do with Lavine.
We had an easy mostly home game schedule. Bulls are now getting the flip side of being away for most of the schedule. Bulls are terrible on Away games.
I said we're going to start losing a ton of games as soon as the Home games stopped, and that's what's happening.

Bulls not rebuilding! Who want to watch 5 years of Detroit basketball? Derozen comes off the books at the end of the year and you look to move Lavine for a good player and a pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you let DDR walk then who replaces him on the roster?

By committee. The hot hand closes the game or you get a free agent with the 27 million in cap space.

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,772

Post#102 » by Ice Man » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:43 am

It's kinda weird seeing the elephant in the room ignored. Our starting PG had 5 baskets, 3 assists, and 7 turnovers. Coby justly received the credit for sparking the team in December. But he more than anybody tanked today's offense.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#103 » by madvillian » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:44 am

Ice Man wrote:It's kinda weird seeing the elephant in the room ignored. Our PG had 5 baskets, 3 assists, and 7 turnovers. Coby justly received the credit for sparking the team in December. But he more than anybody tanked today's offense.

We still need another ball handler. We really don't have a PG.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
RyanJamari
Junior

Post#104 » by RyanJamari » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:45 am

Ice Man wrote:It's kinda weird seeing the elephant in the room ignored. Our starting PG had 5 baskets, 3 assists, and 7 turnovers. Coby justly received the credit for sparking the team in December. But he more than anybody tanked today's offense.

It’s the NBA. He had a bad game. It happens.

Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,906

Post#105 » by Mk0 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:46 am

RyanJamari wrote:
Ice Man wrote:It's kinda weird seeing the elephant in the room ignored. Our starting PG had 5 baskets, 3 assists, and 7 turnovers. Coby justly received the credit for sparking the team in December. But he more than anybody tanked today's offense.

Coby was awful, but it isn't a big picture issue like the rest of what we saw tonight.

Ayo and Caruso were great and Ayo didn't get enough burn down the stretch. I feel like he never got back into the game after that 21-3 run.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
RyanJamari
Junior

Post#106 » by RyanJamari » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:46 am

madvillian wrote:
Ice Man wrote:It's kinda weird seeing the elephant in the room ignored. Our PG had 5 baskets, 3 assists, and 7 turnovers. Coby justly received the credit for sparking the team in December. But he more than anybody tanked today's offense.

Come on now, Coby has not proved he is the PG?

madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#107 » by madvillian » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:48 am

RyanJamari wrote:
madvillian wrote:

No, he has not. Ideally he's the off guard next to some one like FVV or Tyus Jones or ____. He had a nice month, he's having a nice season, but as a starting PG he's an average at best starter. We have too many guys that are playing a bigger role than they should.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,556

Post#108 » by PaKii94 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:50 am

RyanJamari wrote:
League Circles wrote:I didn't even watch the game, but enough is enough. Vuc has just got to go. Can't believe how much we still owe him. He's sooooooo the Carlos Boozer / Pau Gasol of this team, at best right now. Most likely we'd immediately be better signing Taj Gibson and playing him over Vuc. Never before has there been a player as competent and skilled as Vuc who was more ineffective. Smh.

Lost me at don’t watch the games. Lol

At best Boozer maybe and even then I think boozer was more efficient in a less efficient era of the league. I wasn't the biggest fan of Pau here (thought he was too old/stiff) BUT he was still a 2 time all-star and still made impact. Vuc is just bad all around outside of the "C+" level passing. Comparing him to Pau is insulting to Pau
RyanJamari
Junior

Post#109 » by RyanJamari » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:53 am

Mk0 wrote:
RyanJamari wrote:

Coby was awful, but it isn't a big picture issue like the rest of what we saw tonight.

Ayo and Caruso were great and Ayo didn't get enough burn down the stretch. I feel like he never got back into the game after that 21-3 run.

Yeah that Ayo and Caruso lineup should have closed the game. It really got the Bulls back in the game. The Bulls missed a lot of open shots too. The 1st quart was bad but they tighten it up. Gave up 20 points in the 2nd and 3rd.

jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,121

Post#110 » by jordanwilliams6 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:53 am

RyanJamari wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:We desperately need to trade Vuc and then choose 1 of Zach or Demar to keep for the rest of the season.

I’m sick of watching this collective of players that are supposed to be our ‘best’.

They have one of the weakest schedules in one one the weakest draft and y’all on rebuild BS. Bulls fans are worst than Lakers fan! Y’all live in die by each half.

That's not a rebuild. Removing Vuc & one of Zach/Demar for playable role players improves the team IMO.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,772

Post#111 » by Ice Man » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:54 am

RyanJamari wrote:It’s the NBA. He had a bad game. It happens.

So in the game thread we won't talk about what happened in this particular game, but instead use the thread to talk about the narratives that we already believed?

Yes, I know. That is what we do. :D
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,906

Post#112 » by Mk0 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:55 am

RyanJamari wrote:
Mk0 wrote:

Yeah that Ayo and Caruso lineup should have closed the game. It really got the Bulls back in the game. The Bulls missed a lot of open shots too. The 1st quart was bad but they tighten it up. Gave up 20 points in the 2nd and 3rd.

They might have been why the double big lineup worked. When it was only Caruso w/ Zach, Coby or DeMar it was bad.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,392

Post#113 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:57 am

League Circles wrote:I didn't even watch the game, but enough is enough. Vuc has just got to go. Can't believe how much we still owe him. He's sooooooo the Carlos Boozer / Pau Gasol of this team, at best right now. Most likely we'd immediately be better signing Taj Gibson and playing him over Vuc. Never before has there been a player as competent and skilled as Vuc who was more ineffective. Smh.

He shooting career low at the rim and from 3. They always been wide open 3s. Only successful year he had shooting the 3 when he first arrived. He is asked to a lot now defensively, however at this point don't even matter.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
RyanJamari
Junior

Post#114 » by RyanJamari » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:03 am

madvillian wrote:
RyanJamari wrote:
madvillian wrote:

No, he has not. Ideally he's the off guard next to some one like FVV or Tyus Jones or ____. He had a nice month, he's having a nice season, but as a starting PG he's an average at best starter. We have too many guys that are playing a bigger role than they should.

I will say that he can serve as a off guard because he can catch and shoot/ overall score. But ignoring the fact that he makes the extra pass and gets people involved/ runs the offensive is an insult to him. The dude has worked on his handle, shot lights out from the 3, and played hurt. You would bring someone let Tyus Jones to take over at PG from him? Glad you not the coach you would lose the damn team.

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,306

Post#115 » by Dan Z » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:10 am

The Bulls are currently in 9th place and are essentially the same, record-wise, as the team last year.

Are AKME going to make changes? If they stay the course (little to no moves) how many years will the Bulls be a fringe play-in/low playoff seed team?
RyanJamari
Junior

Post#116 » by RyanJamari » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:13 am

Ice Man wrote:

So in the game thread we won't talk about what happened in this particular game, but instead use the thread to talk about the narratives that we already believed?

Yes, I know. That is what we do. :D

“The sky is falling!”that is what you fairweather fan rebuild people say. Then, cry when you get torched by the players you let go. (Bobby Portis, Lauri, etc) I know that Coby played like crap, Vuc was torched of D again, Vuc missed some easy shots, DeRozen was missed a bunch of shot, DeRozen was not good on D, Ayo needed to play more, blah, blah, blah. It the NBA, the Bulls missed a bunch of open shots and had a chance to win and fell short.

RyanJamari
Junior

Post#117 » by RyanJamari » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:18 am

Dan Z wrote:The Bulls are currently in 9th place and are essentially the same, record-wise, as the team last year.

Are AKME going to make changes? If they stay the course (little to no moves) how many years will the Bulls be a fringe play-in/low playoff seed team?

It would be nice if they could get some length. If AJ Griffin could be had for cheap I would like to see something like that. I really don’t think the bulls make any big moves to save the season at the deadline. This roster changes in the offseason, for sure.

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,306

Post#118 » by Dan Z » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:20 am

RyanJamari wrote:
Dan Z wrote:The Bulls are currently in 9th place and are essentially the same, record-wise, as the team last year.

It would be nice if they could get some length. If AJ Griffin could be had for cheap I would like to see something like that. I really don’t think the bulls make any big moves to save the season at the deadline. This roster changes in the offseason, for sure.

I think a trade for AJ Griffin would be good depending on the cost.

Do you think they'll stick with Zach?
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#119 » by 2weekswithpay » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:20 am

RyanJamari wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
RyanJamari wrote:Bulls not rebuilding! Who want to watch 5 years of Detroit basketball? Derozen comes off the books at the end of the year and you look to move Lavine for a good player and a pick.

If you let DDR walk then who replaces him on the roster?

By committee. The hot hand closes the game or you get a free agent with the 27 million in cap space.

That's not how the cap works. Demar's 27M coming off the books doesn't mean the Bulls have 27M to spend and that not including Pat's extension.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#120 » by Wingy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:29 am

Yup, he was just poor tonight. Seems like a bit of a trend, probably pushing to do a little more than he’s honestly capable of, and he has to recognize that. Some poor shot attempts, and what I haven’t seen mentioned much - he has a little more “off ball Zach” in him than I’d like to see.

We have to remember that he’s (hopefully) learning and growing taking on more responsibility than he ever has before. It seems like he can stand to raise his strength and conditioning to another level in order to better handle it. Seems like he is wearing down, which is leading to some of these TOs.

Return to Chicago Bulls