Image ImageImage Image

PG: Bulls bumslay Grizz

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,960

Re: PG: Bulls bumslay Grizz 

Post#101 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:07 am

Wingy wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:Zach is that you ?

Where is any of it actually wrong?

Again, I’m not even all that fond of Lavine. The single player finger-pointing is ridiculous.

All of its wrong as its simply deflection

You just blamed everyone else for his play when the bulls waited 2 1/2 years for him to give us what hes given us this year
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#102 » by Wingy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:10 am

MrSparkle wrote:He should've made the trade demand in July.

Maybe he’s a half way decent guy optimistically and stupidly thinking yeah, we can make this work since the guys probably do actually like each other, like they say they do, and while it’s all detached in the offseason. Then once he’s back at work remembers and realizes - what the hell was I thinking? Pretty normal human thing to do.

That one error in judgment, and poof. The level of vitriol this board is pouring out is justified.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#103 » by Wingy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:13 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:All of its wrong as its simply deflection

You just blamed everyone else for his play when the bulls waited 2 1/2 years for him to give us what hes given us this year

Who’s talking about his play?

1. I highlighted why it makes sense that he wants out.

2. The team isn’t somehow this new winning group without him.
DropStep
Junior
And1: 166

Re: Bulls vs Grizzlies 7pm CT 

Post#104 » by DropStep » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:18 am

FecesOfDeath wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:
coldfish wrote:Game is over and the Bulls won by 29. Game thread is on its 4th page. AKME killed the Bulls realgm.com board.

Agreed the Bulls are as uninteresting as ever, even though they are on an upswing in performance.

The NBA as a whole is on a downswing in viewership though. The majority of people don't have cable anymore which is a death knell for NBA viewership. Plus the best players in the league now are all foreign dudes with "weird names" that nobody relates to. Without a radical change in how the NBA can market to the American masses (paid TV being the biggest hurdle) interest in the Bulls and the NBA as a whole will continue its downswing. Cuban selling his majority stake in the Mavs was a blatant Canary in the Coal Mine for these issues.

A particular marketing ploy during the bubble is what caused the downswing. The NFL is currently as strong as ever in viewership, partially because they stopped allowing something similar to linger.

Which marketing ploy was that?
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,960

Post#105 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:36 am

Wingy wrote:

But it doesn't make any sense why he wants out but it certainly makes sense why they would want him gone because everyone simply is tired of waiting on him to get it. This guy has been babied since he arrived and got paid the max while injured and not having produced one winning season.

The rest of the team doesn't have to be some new winning group without him they just have to be together and play hard and as we have have see thats enough for to put them on the path to winning more they lose. Are you more upset that the coached took you out of a game when you were 1-14 i Oct 2023 or are you upset that youve only bee to playoffs once in your career and you are gonna do whatever you can to win games ?

Ill simply let Samurai Mike finish this for me

Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#106 » by FriedRise » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:43 am

There are 82 games in the season, not every one is gonna be an exciting nailbiter. This was one of those games.

I honestly don’t care if the other team is missing their entire starting lineup + a couple bench guys. We consistently have been playing with at least $65M in street clothes. I’ll take any W I can get.

I personally wanna see if they can take the 8th seed and go above .500. That’ll be a miracle for a team that looked the way they did to start the season.

Magic face the Heat tomorrow and then Cleveland Monday - 2 likely Ls there. If we can beat Phoenix on Monday (their 3rd game in 4 nights), we’ll just be half a game back from 8th and 1 away from .500. Gotta just keep taking care of business, the next 3 are super winnable.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#107 » by Wingy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:49 am

Stratmaster wrote:Phoenix is a .500 team at home. But they have been playing well.

Lakers are falling apart.

Portland is 7-12 at home.

I expect they will lose to either Phoenix or LA

Au contraire mon frère!!!

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2349664

:rofl:
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,462

Post#108 » by samwana » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:56 am

RSP83 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
Pretty ugly, but up ahead pretty much 90% of the game. I recall many nights being down double-digits to the Pistons and Raptors, with Zach leading the way (literally, 51 points against Detroit in a 20 point loss). Quite obviously not a winning formula, letting Zach do his thing, if it meant getting blown out by one of the worst teams of all-time.

I think Zach's an excellent 1-dimensional player, but when you quit on your team with a trade demand with career low numbers, the team's record improves while you sit out, and then come back and continue to have some career-low stats... I'm sorry, but you're nothing but a distraction.
Quit on the team with a trade request? The team quit on him a year ago.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

There were times when I thought the team looked visibly frustrated with Zach (but not just with Zach) when he made bad decisions. But I never got the feeling that the team quit on Zach.

If anything, I think the team fell into the trap of doubling down on Zach play, thinking that's the right call, trusting Zach too much as core of the system. That's why I always blame this type of things on Billy for not liking to intervene, force things to break bad cycles. He tried to bench Zach once and then after that he's afraid to do it again. We could've reached this point much earlier, and probably cheaper if Billy coach harder.
Billy doesn't really coach, he just chewing gum on the bench and uses the same rotation every game.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,306

Post#109 » by Dan Z » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:03 am

RSP83 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
Pretty ugly, but up ahead pretty much 90% of the game. I recall many nights being down double-digits to the Pistons and Raptors, with Zach leading the way (literally, 51 points against Detroit in a 20 point loss). Quite obviously not a winning formula, letting Zach do his thing, if it meant getting blown out by one of the worst teams of all-time.

I think Zach's an excellent 1-dimensional player, but when you quit on your team with a trade demand with career low numbers, the team's record improves while you sit out, and then come back and continue to have some career-low stats... I'm sorry, but you're nothing but a distraction.
Quit on the team with a trade request? The team quit on him a year ago.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

There were times when I thought the team looked visibly frustrated with Zach (but not just with Zach) when he made bad decisions. But I never got the feeling that the team quit on Zach.

If anything, I think the team fell into the trap of doubling down on Zach play, thinking that's the right call, trusting Zach too much as core of the system. That's why I always blame this type of things on Billy for not liking to intervene, force things to break bad cycles. He tried to bench Zach once and then after that he's afraid to do it again. We could've reached this point much earlier, and probably cheaper if Billy coach harder.

Good point, but I wouldn't put it all on Billy. The front office should see this and know how to better manage the team.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#110 » by Muzbar » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:12 am

Wingy wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Phoenix is a .500 team at home. But they have been playing well.

Lakers are falling apart.

Portland is 7-12 at home.

I expect they will lose to either Phoenix or LA

Au contraire mon frère!!!

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2349664

:rofl:

That was quite a read...
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,368

Post#111 » by kodo » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:04 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
coldfish wrote:Game is over and the Bulls won by 29. Game thread is on its 4th page. AKME killed the Bulls realgm.com board.

Agreed the Bulls are as uninteresting as ever, even though they are on an upswing in performance.

The NBA as a whole is on a downswing in viewership though. The majority of people don't have cable anymore which is a death knell for NBA viewership. Plus the best players in the league now are all foreign dudes with "weird names" that nobody relates to. Without a radical change in how the NBA can market to the American masses (paid TV being the biggest hurdle) interest in the Bulls and the NBA as a whole will continue its downswing. Cuban selling his majority stake in the Mavs was a blatant Canary in the Coal Mine for these issues.

It's just not as interesting to watch for the regular person, just a constant cycle of drive & kick out to 3 pointers. Nobody watched the 90s Bulls to see Craig Hodges put up shots, 3 pointers aren't what caused the explosion in NBA popularity in the 90s.

Even though Derrick Rose was only scoring 2 points in a row, Chicagoans absolutely loved watching him play. I'd still rather watch a Rose game today on youtube vs the repetitive drive/kick/3 the entire NBA plays now.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,772

Post#112 » by Ice Man » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:40 pm

That was fun. We never thrash opponents like that. That was the first and only victory this year for the Bulls by 20+ points.
RyanJamari
Junior
And1: 122

Post#113 » by RyanJamari » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:58 pm

Wingy wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:Zach is that you ?

Where is any of it actually wrong?

Again, I’m not even all that fond of Lavine. The single player finger-pointing is ridiculous.

Mr. Lavine if that’s you. Can you give us insight on your trade value? Are the Lakers out or is it a smoke screen. Why do you want to leave Chicago is Billy’s coaching you too hard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,593

Post#114 » by Ccwatercraft » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:51 pm

FecesOfDeath wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:

A particular marketing ploy during the bubble is what caused the downswing. The NFL is currently as strong as ever in viewership, partially because they stopped allowing something similar to linger.

The popularity of football still baffles me. I used to like it due to being a fantasy nerd buy sitting down to watch a game is way too boring for me, not nearly enough action, just huddles and 3 replays from different angles, quick action then more replays ND another huddle. I last 10 minutes then I'm either on my phone or changing then channel.

As far NBA I believe the growth will come internationally.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#115 » by Indomitable » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:02 pm

Wingy wrote:

So beating the worst team in basketball not named the Pistons means something.

Bulls fans deserve to be stuck in this mediocre hell.

We lack length which is why we struggle against most teams. Ball and Craig really helps with that. People do you watch other teams.

Look at how many deflections are caused by having longer people simply having their hands up.
:banghead:
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,696

Post#116 » by sco » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:29 pm

I do want to say that with the possible exceptions of Zach,Vuc,Pat and Carter (and I'm not saying they're bad teammates just don't seem overtly enthusiastic), everybody else seems to be really supportive of one another.
:clap:
keobulls
Junior
And1: 171

Post#117 » by keobulls » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:32 pm

Indomitable wrote:
Wingy wrote:

So beating the worst team in basketball not named the Pistons means something.

Bulls fans deserve to be stuck in this mediocre hell.

We lack length which is why we struggle against most teams. Ball and Craig really helps with that. People do you watch other teams.

Look at how many deflections are caused by having longer people simply having their hands up.

Looks like Chicago is 8th in deflections per game and 4th in total deflections. Tied for 6th in Loose Balls Recovered. 10th in Total Screen Assists. According to the NBA Advanced Stats site.
You can buy manure outside, from better grazing grounds for your bulls, but if you never cultivate your own feces to flower better weeds you will always look to other side of a fence. - Koristossu
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,913

Post#118 » by The Explorer » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:47 pm

Should we use this as the Suns game thread? While we're at it, might as well sticky one game thread for all the remaining games, it'll only be a few pages long
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,868

Post#119 » by DuckIII » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:05 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Wingy wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Players are human. Ayo and Coby, Vuc visibly like Demar more. I don't know what to tell you, but sometimes guys just don't like playing under other guys.

Why is that surprising? DeMar is the oldest guy on the team and no one would argue he isn’t the better mentor. He’s friends with Vuc from their USC days, of course Vuc likes him better. He’s a more accomplished and more respected player who had the benefit of playing his entire career with two strong championship organizations.

It’s certainly understandable if people enjoy the aesthetics and style of play better when Zach’s not around, but thinking we’re this markedly better team in terms of results without him is where people are lying to themselves to prop up their aesthetic preference.

I pointed it out during the ‘streak’ how weak and injured the competition was, but hardly anyone would hear it. Those posts were ignored, though a few amusingly argued the competition was strong!

Of course guys like Ayo have more fun when they get to move up the chain. Does that make Zach some cancer because he rightfully pushes guys down the rungs?

Zach has been shopped by this FO for how long now? Basically being the fall guy for AK’s utter lack of team-building competence.

He gets benched by Billy for an off night, but Vucebrick goes out there and tortures our eyes with impunity game after game after game…on both ends of the floor…while a very competent alternative rots on the pine. Yet when was the last time you saw that mother ****er get benched???

All the players have seen this experiment fail twice already (immediately post Lonzo injury, then last season), only to see their crazy ass FO run it back again. I’m sure Zach feels the square peg, round hole as strongly as anyone. He knows this group and the 3 doesn’t work.

You posted “players are human.” Consider that when you wonder why Zach wants to be traded and would be miserable playing for this clown show, ring of shame franchise.

Zach is that you ?

Hey guys, Vuc made a joke! But nah, that’s Wingy. He’s just a regular poster.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#120 » by _txchilibowl_ » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:48 pm

DropStep wrote:
FecesOfDeath wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:

Which marketing ploy was that?

Apparently he's not into social justice or at a minimum the freedom to express it.

Return to Chicago Bulls