Image ImageImage Image

LaVine getting foot surgery/Out for the season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Re: LaVine getting foot surgery/Out for the season 

Post#101 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:54 am

Red8911 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:You know what, well this doesnt change anything. This is still Coby's team now. Let him fully develop into La Flama Blanca

We should be cheering for as many losses as possible while Coby and PWill play well. I hate doing that, but this front office kinda leaves you no choice.

Last time the bulls tanked all season long just to draft Wendell fkn JR. F that no more cheering for losses, AK better get creative and find ways to win games.

He just dug himself a deeper hole by waiting so long to trade Zach. If he can’t then he should get fired.

We need to get lucky in the draft. I have zero faith in AK actually building a winner. Why would anyone have faith in him at this point. Also how his idea of winner is a play-in team that loses in the first round.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#102 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:57 am

burlydee wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
We should be cheering for as many losses as possible while Coby and PWill play well. I hate doing that, but this front office kinda leaves you no choice.

Last time the bulls tanked all season long just to draft Wendell fkn JR. F that no more cheering for losses, AK better get creative and find ways to win games.

He just dug himself a deeper hole by waiting so long to trade Zach. If he can’t then he should get fired.

Well it's not all season. The best case scenario is Bulls finish 9th place. Two of our best players are over 33. One of those guys is wanting a big contrsct after the season. What is everyone holding onto?

Exactly. This is the perfect to do a soft tank. Season is shot and can’t be salvaged now. Getting the 9th seed does absolutely nothing for our future. Which is what we should be looking at.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,103

Post#103 » by Wingy » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:57 am

Red8911 wrote:Last time the bulls tanked all season long just to draft Wendell fkn JR. F that no more cheering for losses, AK better get creative and find ways to win games.

They didn’t tank all season long. They got a stiffie for the 8th and let Niko go crazy, and later on added Kildraftpick.
Salo23
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#104 » by Salo23 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:59 am

I just have a feeling P-Will is next up for season ending surgery. So Bulls.
We are missing a lot of layups right now as a team, and that is on me... It’s my job to make sure we’re ready to make our layups." - Thibodeau.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#105 » by Wingy » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:07 am

Salo23 wrote:I just have a feeling P-Will is next up for season ending surgery. So Bulls.

…and the FO already knows this is a very possible outcome, yet will still try to “compete” for the pathetic playin.
Daxel
Sophomore
And1: 153

Post#106 » by Daxel » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:07 am

I hope he comes back healthy, whatever is on the bulls or any other team.

lol at the people thinking a licensed doctor would fake a surgery.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#107 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:17 am

Daxel wrote:I hope he comes back healthy, whatever is on the bulls or any other team.

No they want him to play through it. Then those same people will complain that his performance is off while not acknowledging that he is injured. He suddenly became an inefficient scorer this season because you know he has always sucked at his that. :roll:

The Bulls clearly don’t care about him anymore so I would look out for my own interests first too. And the surgery would have just been pushed to this Summer instead if it’s needed. Better to get it over now in lost season that doesn’t really matter anymore.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,304

Post#108 » by Dan Z » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:19 am

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Whoops, had the numbers "6-8" in my head for some reason. So he'll have a month or so before training camp starts.

I hope that month is enough time for him to shake off some rusty. It's possible that the Bulls start next year with a rusty Zach and super rusty Lonzo.

God help us all if they are both still in the line-up or even in consideration for being in the line-up on opening night.

Now that I think about it...I'd still ask around to see if anyone would trade for Zach. I know that sounds crazy, but maybe someone would do a similar trade that Memphis and Houston just did (Steven Adams)? All I'd want is neutral value because I want to move on to the next iteration of this team asap.

Most likely there's no trade like that available, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I don't want to go into next season where questions like these are asked:

"Is Zach healthy"? "What kind of trades are possible for him?" "Does he still want to be traded?" "Is he rusty?" "Does he fit on the current team?"

Etc. Etc.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,373

Post#109 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:22 am

Daxel wrote:I hope he comes back healthy, whatever is on the bulls or any other team.

I don't think he is faking it. It's just choosing to do so at this time rather than leave it for later. Just like he didn't choose to have knee surgery his contract year until the season was over.

He doesn't want to be here and he had rumors of being traded to Detroit. So for him its a great time for surgery.
The Cult of Personality
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#110 » by Dan Z » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:22 am

Wingy wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Last time the bulls tanked all season long just to draft Wendell fkn JR. F that no more cheering for losses, AK better get creative and find ways to win games.

They didn’t tank all season long. They got a stiffie for the 8th and let Niko go crazy, and later on added Kildraftpick.

Also, they missed on the pick. At #7 (in 2018) these players were available:

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Mikal Bridges (who I thought they were going to draft)
Jalen Brunson (most of the league missed on him because he went in round 2).
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#111 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:24 am

Dan Z wrote:
ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
I hope that month is enough time for him to shake off some rusty. It's possible that the Bulls start next year with a rusty Zach and super rusty Lonzo.

God help us all if they are both still in the line-up or even in consideration for being in the line-up on opening night.

Now that I think about it...I'd still ask around to see if anyone would trade for Zach. I know that sounds crazy, but maybe someone would do a similar trade that Memphis and Houston just did (Steven Adams)? All I'd want is neutral value because I want to move on to the next iteration of this team asap.

"Is Zach healthy"? "What kind of trades are possible for him?" "Does he still want to be traded?" "Is he rusty?" "Does he fit on the current team?"

Etc. Etc.

This current team should not exist anymore so how he fits on it should not even be a question. If it does management has failed again. Do you actually want to see this same core again next season minus Zach? If so I would love to know why?
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#112 » by Dan Z » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:24 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:

I don't think he is faking it. It's just choosing to do so at this time rather than leave it for later. Just like he didn't choose to have knee surgery his contract year until the season was over.

He doesn't want to be here and he had rumors of being traded to Detroit. So for him its a great time for surgery.

Is it good for him? I'm not sure, but I get your point about Detroit.

Right now he'll have less time in the off season to practice and then he'll be on a team he doesn't want to be on anymore. By next years trade deadline it's possible he might face a similar situation (hopefully without any injuries).
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#113 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:28 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:

He doesn't want to be here and he had rumors of being traded to Detroit. So for him it’s a great time for surgery.

Hopefully he’s back normal next November. That would be great for us and him. If he’s putting up an efficient 25/5/5 again next season his trade value will skyrocket.

The people that think seriously he is washed never like him to begin with.
rocbullsfan
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#114 » by rocbullsfan » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:29 am

Bulliever2020 wrote:That's the sound of his trade value plummeting to unforeseen depths

Wait I don’t hear anything
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#115 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:33 am

Dan Z wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:

Right now he'll have less time in the off season to practice and then he'll be on a team he doesn't want to be on anymore. By next years trade deadline it's possible he might face a similar situation (hopefully without any injuries).

Yes it’s good for him. He most likely wasn’t getting traded anyway or getting traded to the worst team in the league in a city he definitely does not want to live in. Now he can fade into the background and focus on getting healthy. It’s like a soft reset for him.

I’m gonna say he is probably hoping DeMar is gone. Not because he doesn’t like him, but because they don’t fit. I think that’s part of the reason he wants out.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#116 » by Dan Z » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:34 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
ChiTownHero1992 wrote:

Etc. Etc.

This current team should not exist anymore so how he fits on it should not even be a question. If it does management has failed again. Do you actually want to see this same core again next season minus Zach? If so I would love to know why?

I don't, which is why I suggest moving on asap (if possible). The Bulls spent years wondering if Derrick Rose will come back and it stagnated the team. Lonzo Ball is brought up often as a reason why the team isn't better.

I don't want to hear that kind of stuff about Zach as well. Move on if possible. If not, then see what you can do in the off season (probably nothing) and at next years trade deadline.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#117 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:35 am

rocbullsfan wrote:
Bulliever2020 wrote:That's the sound of his trade value plummeting to unforeseen depths

Wait I don’t hear anything

And honestly not getting traded is preferable to getting traded to a wasteland. He may want a trade, but a not a trade to an even worse situation. He wanted a trade to a good team.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#118 » by Wingy » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:36 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:

What’s the point of gutting it out here?

Another loss in the playin’s at stake!

Get it now, and be completely healthy before the start of training camp. Even have nearly two months to ramp up for it, and work on his game.

Hold off, and you’re risking missing regular season games to start next year, or hitting them with little to no ramp up.

Getting it done now actually makes a ton of sense vs trying to ride it out.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#119 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:37 am

Dan Z wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Etc. Etc.

I don't, which is why I suggest moving on asap (if possible). The Bulls spent years wondering if Derrick Rose will come back and it stagnated the team. Lonzo Ball is brought up often as a reason why the team isn't better.

I don't want to hear that kind of stuff about Zach as well. Move on if possible. If not, then see what you can do in the off season (probably nothing) and at next years trade deadline.

That’s probably the situation we are looking at though.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#120 » by Dan Z » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:39 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:

Yes it’s good for him. He most likely wasn’t getting traded anyway or getting traded to the worst team in the league in a city he definitely does not want to live in. Now he can fade into the background and focus on getting healthy. It’s like a soft reset for him.

I’m gonna say he is probably hoping DeMar is gone. Not because he doesn’t like him, but because they don’t fit. I think that’s part of the reason he wants out.

I said this in another post but Zach is on a max contract. Go out and prove that you're that level of player. If it's in Detroit then go there and help them turn it around.

Staying in Chicago, on a team you don't want to be on anymore, just delays the inevitable. Yes, Detroit is a bad team right now, but they're still an NBA team. Zach trades have been talked about on RealGm for months and the teams suggested are: Spurs, Lakers, Philly, Kings, Charlotte and Detroit. I don't think Philly or Kings are really interested. Lakers don't have what's needed to trade for him. That leaves Detroit, Charlotte and the Spurs. Do the Spurs really want him? Maybe (because of team USA?). That might be good for him.

Charlotte or Detroit...eh. Charlotte is better, but by how much?

Return to Chicago Bulls