Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Magic 6pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Re: Bulls @ Magic 6pm CT 

Post#101 » by nekorajo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:43 am

Small ball vs Orlando is stupid.
RyanJamari
Junior
And1: 122

Post#102 » by RyanJamari » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:44 am

RastaBull wrote:He needed to challenge something. The refs were making some really bad calls. It was a very unevenly called game in the last quarter+OT. Yes, they probably would have lost a challenge because it was too close, but at some point earlier he needed to at least use a challenge. Interrupt the bad calls. Or god, just get a technical called. I wish something would have disrupted the flow of the calls.

I agree Billy got out coached at the end of the game. You have to challenge
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,925

Post#103 » by RSP83 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:44 am

RastaBull wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:
RSP83 wrote:I'm going to be fair, and blame some of this loss on Coby. Everybody shows up, he doesn't. When that happens, Demar and Vuc auto takes over.

Coby just had a off night that’s my 2 cents

Absolutely. I'm not angry at all at Coby.

But I hope there aren't calls of big disappointment in DeMar. When Coby has that kind of horrific night, DeMar has nothing else out there. In fact, during that 4 minute FG drought, I kept wishing, "wow, I would really like to see more DeMar ISOs because the rest of this team can't even get off a shot"

I actually feel sorry for Demar, it's easy now to chew at him after that AK remark about being "competitive". Demar is Demar, he's going to be Demar. I just hate the situation that this is what we have to accept and operate with. It's like you've watched this movie 10 times and you alread know the ending.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#104 » by 2weekswithpay » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:46 am

bullskokie wrote:
2weekswithpay wrote:
bullskokie wrote:
Yeah but then they will say oh its Ayo’s foul..

Still, a free challenge you wouldn't lose because the foul wasn't on Coby. Even if they don't change the call you take the chance because you won't lose a timeout.

It would not make any difference because the initial call was a foul. If they did challenge and saw it was actually Ayo’s.. then he is out and the call stays, ORL still shoots the FT.

Franz didn't shoot FTs after the foul and even if they call the foul on Ayo I don't know if you can call him in the process of shooting. I'm willing to risk Ayo fouling out, it's better than going down 5 with a minute left.
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#105 » by RSP83 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:48 am

I guess to summarize this loss:
- Coby's worst game since start of the season
- Billy got outcoached again
- Bad decision to end the regulation
- Young legs vs old legs in the OT
Guru
Starter
And1: 224

Post#106 » by Guru » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:49 am

I tend to think that coaching in the NBA really doesn't matter. Also tend to think that Billy D is a great coach......

But I wouldn't be at all mad to see him go. Seems tired. And maybe another coach can make LaVine work.
Guru
Starter

Post#107 » by Guru » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:50 am

RSP83 wrote:I guess to summarize this loss:
- Coby's worst game since start of the season
- Billy got outcoached again
- Bad decision to end the regulation
- Young legs vs legs in the OT

- Fought back to take OT
- Vuc drastically outplays Carter
- 4 1st half could for Drummond
- This team should be looking at bigs in the buyout group
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,960

Post#108 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:52 am

RastaBull wrote:He needed to challenge something. The refs were making some really bad calls. It was a very unevenly called game in the last quarter+OT. Yes, they probably would have lost a challenge because it was too close, but at some point earlier he needed to at least use a challenge. Interrupt the bad calls. Or god, just get a technical called. I wish something would have disrupted the flow of the calls.

He never makes the first move he always reacts and then most of the time its too late
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#109 » by RastaBull » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:52 am

Hangtime84 wrote:
problymchyld04 wrote:idk why billy doesn’t have Drummond in there when they’ve got like almost four 7 ft guys out there for rebounding purposes, and Vuc taking dumb 3pt shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imo that’s why we lost the game at the end

Vuc taking 3s in the 4th quarter should be an absolutely forbidden, no matter how open he is. I used to have confidence because he has made numerous clutch 3s in his time with Bulls. But he is outrageously bad; his shot looks horrible, they aren't even close, absolute clanks.

But the loss shouldn't be on Vuc either. He did put up 26 and 17. It really sucks that Drummond had one of his clunker of a games too (he has them every so often, and he's pretty useless once he goes through a horrible stretch in a game).

I think Coby being as bad tonight as he was was reason #1 for loss (just happens)

Reason #2 and more controllable imo, was horrible defense while we had the lead in the 4th. We should have NEVER given up that lead. I love AC, and I think Ayo is really coming along. But this is what really gets under my skin. I suppose it's unfair and maybe unreasonable expectations of AC, but if we have an 6-8 point lead in 4th against the Magic, there is absolutely no reason F Wagner should be beating us like that. That was really embarrassing. (Again, it's clearly not all on AC ... Vuc's inability to defend puts a lot of pressure on AC+Ayo to rotate and cover unfairly ... but I will say Ayo is NOT a stopper yet).

Reason #3 were some bad calls ... it was not evenly called game. The way they were calling (/NOT calling) Issac was pretty asinine. They were "letting them play" when Issac defended DDR ... or when he jumped on top of AC ... but then calling every touch on the Bulls (that made bucket by DDR that was called off for offensive foul on Harris was idiotic).
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
Guru
Starter

Post#110 » by Guru » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:53 am

I do think this team is primed to make a big jump and am happy we didn't pull it apart.
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#111 » by RSP83 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:55 am

Guru wrote:I tend to think that coaching in the NBA really doesn't matter. Also tend to think that Billy D is a great coach......

But I wouldn't be at all mad to see him go. Seems tired. And maybe another coach can make LaVine work.

After Boylen and Hoiberg, no, they matter. Billy is a good coach. But IMO, his method doesn't have the rigor to polish and shape a team. He's a good point A to point B coach for this team.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#112 » by Indomitable » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:59 am

RyanJamari wrote:

I agree Billy got out coached at the end of the game. You have to challenge

He got out coach every Orlando game. He never adjust
:banghead:
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#113 » by Indomitable » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:00 am

RSP83 wrote:
Guru wrote:I tend to think that coaching in the NBA really doesn't matter. Also tend to think that Billy D is a great coach......

After Boylen and Hoiberg, no, they matter. Billy is a good coach. But IMO, his method doesn't have the rigor to polish and shape a team. He's a good point A to point B coach for this team.

What is good about Billy?
:banghead:
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#114 » by RastaBull » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:02 am

Guru wrote:I do think this team is primed to make a big jump and am happy we didn't pull it apart.

I keep taking it 3 games at a time.

If the win all 3, then I'll feel very optimistic and validated in my continued hope/belief they will take a big jump.
If they win 2 of 3, I'll feel optimistic still but not yet validated.
If they win 1 of 3, I'll feel like I'm naively hanging on.
If they lose all 3, then I'll feel like I have to admit I was wrong.

So far they keep getting 2 of the 3. The last section I was the Sac/Minny/Mem stretch ... now it Orl/Atl/Cle. I really wanted them to win all three and tonight pisses me off because it was so clearly winnable!!!! I really can't believe Coby **** the bed so badly (not mad though) ... I hope he comes out slinging and we get the ATL win we should and a really good upset victory over Cleveland!
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
ch434355
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#115 » by ch434355 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:03 am

Guru wrote:I do think this team is primed to make a big jump and am happy we didn't pull it apart.

This is delusional.
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#116 » by BloodyQ » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:05 am

I'm thinking that Billy does not deserve a job after this game.

How the hell do you let Coby/Ayo/Caruso fight for their lives and exhaust themselves against 2 to 3 Orlando seven-footers out there and not put in Drummond??

Seriously what kind of demented **** is that? Those 3 aren't prime Curry/Klay/Drummond.....like what the **** is wrong this guy seriously
ch434355
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#117 » by ch434355 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:08 am

God I am so sick of seeing Demar take the final shot
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,367

Post#118 » by kodo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:12 am

Ayo's shooting last 15 games: 57%/51%/81%.

He should give Vuc some pointers.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Post#119 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:15 am

RyanJamari wrote:Tough loss Coby did not show up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We cannot win if Coby plays poorly. Our margin for error is razor thin. 1st truly bad game he has had in a while.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#120 » by prolific passer » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:16 am

Continuity and competitive FTL.

Return to Chicago Bulls