Image ImageImage Image

Zach trade thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,816

Re: Zach trade thread #2 

Post#1081 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:07 am

aguifs wrote:I didn't forget the "fu me" when drafted by the T'Wolves.

He's a joke just like our franchise.

We deserve it. We're screwed.

Yeah because trading Zach by next week was gonna save us…
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#1082 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:08 am

aguifs wrote:
Wingy wrote:
burlydee wrote:The team is going nowhere. Getting assets for a player you can't trade and not paying PWill $20 million a year are wins in my book. You might as well be running the team since you clearly like mediocrity so much.

You have no idea how much PWill is going to get paid. Huge assumption.

Ausar has new pick shine, but is already and clearly trending to be unplayable on offense. His man is going to sag off and clog the paint. Dude. 14.3%.

Ivey was getting benched for bad defense. He’s looking like a smaller, worse shooting version of Lavine.

I’ll take my chances on moving Zach a year from now or we can just dump him in the offseason after some team inevitably flames out in the playoffs.

Lavine is done bro. He's a bum. I wouldn't want him playing one more sec for the Bulls. Trade him for peanuts, whatever. You get rid of him.

You are being completely irrational.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#1083 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:10 am

erlim wrote:
nekorajo wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I sweat I predicted him pulling this crap. He's E Rob!

There is a very very significant difference on what Zach brought to this team during his tenure versus what E Rob did.

When you literally hate him like some do it’s hard to be rational.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#1084 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:11 am

Jujuba69 wrote:can we still trade him?

or we have to wait him to be cleared by the medical staff?

He isn’t getting traded for at least a year. Everyone invested in moving him should just accept that.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,485

Post#1085 » by coldfish » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:14 am

Do not ever, ever, ever sign another klutch client.

Ever.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,396

Post#1086 » by Hangtime84 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:17 am

coldfish wrote:Do not ever, ever, ever sign another klutch client.

Ever.

Ben Simmons
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 936

Post#1087 » by burlydee » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:17 am

Let's be perfectly clear, if Lavine thought he could be traded to LA, he would have postponed surgery. This entitled ninny demanded a trade, got his feelings hurt when the Bulls played better without him, saw there was no market, and took his.ball and went home. No matter what he and the team say, this relationship is dead. No more Klutch BS on the Bulls.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#1088 » by prolific passer » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:26 am

coldfish wrote:Do not ever, ever, ever sign another klutch client.

Ever.

Klutch is the Scott Boras and/or Drew Rosenhaus of the NBA.
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,438

Post#1089 » by aguifs » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:31 am

burlydee wrote:Let's be perfectly clear, if Lavine thought he could be traded to LA, he would have postponed surgery. This entitled ninny demanded a trade, got his feelings hurt when the Bulls played better without him, saw there was no market, and took his.ball and went home. No matter what he and the team say, this relationship is dead. No more Klutch BS on the Bulls.

Bingo
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#1090 » by nekorajo » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:14 am

Andi Obst wrote:
nekorajo wrote:Trade him for CP3's expiring contract straight up.

This is impossible due to contracts, of course, but why in the world would the Warriors do that?

You're right. I think I'm still in the anger stage of grief. I bought season tickets with him and Coby in mind. And Zach stiffed me. I just hope they find a way to move on from him.
bullskokie
Senior
And1: 242

Post#1091 » by bullskokie » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:47 am

Here is my take. The Bulls as of yesterday was about to trade Zach to the Pistons. Bulls informed Zach.. Zach talked to his agent.. then decided Zach would need surgery.. Pistons got the memo and retracted the trade offer today..
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,242

Post#1092 » by Red8911 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:35 pm

bullskokie wrote:Here is my take. The Bulls as of yesterday was about to trade Zach to the Pistons. Bulls informed Zach.. Zach talked to his agent.. then decided Zach would need surgery.. Pistons got the memo and retracted the trade offer today..

Yeah something is fishy for sure, but would Zach get surgery just so he doesn’t go to Detroit? That would be a bit extreme.
Guru
Starter
And1: 224

Post#1093 » by Guru » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:25 pm

I would assume that was correct. I think that he is being petty. Maybe assuming that he can outlast AKME and Donovan and stay in Chicago with new coaching. I am not sure he's wrong.

There is an interesting headline that says "bulls might have to attach an asset to trade Lavine". I would assume we are all against that....AKME may not if indeed it was the scenario above.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#1094 » by Bandit King » Sun Feb 4, 2024 5:05 pm

What? Trade value?
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,857

Post#1095 » by kulaz3000 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:01 pm

My guess is that Klutch has used his injury as a way of trying to get him to a place that Zach wants to go, even if it means having to wait a few months or a year. Basically, his trade value is going to continue to diminish until then.
Why so serious?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,857

Post#1096 » by kulaz3000 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:12 pm

Our front office has little to no foresight when it comes to building this team. I could see the limitations on this team, and could see the writing on the wall by the end of the season when Lonzo went down with an injury. When a team can lose it's identity and functionality with one player out, that should have been a glaring red flag for the front office to begin to make moves, but alas, they relied on continuity to fix their problems, and now they are in a bigger hole than ever before, because instead of having foresight to make moves early, they've just continued to dig a hole deeper into the ground around them.

We could have reset this team 2 seasons ago, and we could have theoretically been in a similar situation this year, but with a legitimate group of young players, and ideally more draft capital. Instead, our greatest asset is a player with injury history (Alex), Zach our max player basically has less value than Ben Simmons, Vuc is on the decline, and DeMar is likely to walk in free agency who is probably our most consistent player. Instead of choosing to reset, we are now going to be forced to reset, when we are in a less advantageous position as far as trade value of our players goes.

It's an absolutely terrible time to be a Bulls fans when the people running the team have zero clue what they are doing. It's shameful. If I was Michael, I'd call Paxson and just ask him to do a clean up of the roster for a season, and while that is happening, look for a new front office to start the rebuild.
Why so serious?
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#1097 » by prolific passer » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:12 pm

Zach's trade value was at its peak like 5 games into the season after the 76ers traded Harden and got that package for him. Maybe the bulls should have pulled that trigger and gotten all those clippers picks.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,698

Post#1098 » by sco » Sun Feb 4, 2024 11:25 pm

I don't buy into all of the conspiracy theories here. IMO Zach has seemed like a straight-up professional from day one. His play this season has led me to speculate that he'd been playing at less than 100% for some time.

While I'd much prefer to try to make things work again with Zach next season (especially without Demar), I think trading him this season will bring a return far less than we'd get if he shows he is "back" next season. A salary dump this/next season is unlikely to bring back much in terms of a real FA.
:clap:
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,528

Post#1099 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sun Feb 4, 2024 11:35 pm

Whether the timing of this surgery is orchestrated or coincidental, it cements Zach as one of the 5 worst contracts in the league. Though you could argue he was there already.

Beal’s is unquestionably worse.

Ben Simmons is useless but he expires in 2025.

Poole is a worse player making significantly less money. But let’s say for the sake of argument his is worse.

Not sure who else is even in the ballpark.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,510

Post#1100 » by jnrjr79 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 11:42 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:Whether the timing of this surgery is orchestrated or coincidental, it cements Zach as one of the 5 worst contracts in the league. Though you could argue he was there already.

Beal’s is unquestionably worse.

Ben Simmons is useless but he expires in 2025.

Poole is a worse player making significantly less money. Let’s say for the sake of argument his is worse.

Not sure who else is even in the ballpark. Jaylen Brown is obv laughable as a comp now.

Lonzo Ball, lol

Return to Chicago Bulls