Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#1121 » by Jcool0 » Sun May 19, 2024 5:37 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:Now that OKC has lost, I would get onthe phone for a Caruso for Giddey swap. Works one for one, we save some cap space too. We get a star potential unique player who has been blocked from stardom potentially. This is the type of trade you make. I think this trade makes way too much sense for both teams actually.

Not sure OKC makes that move. But it's the first Caruso trade idea I didn't hate.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,092
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#1122 » by Clint Eastwood » Sun May 19, 2024 6:51 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Clint Eastwood wrote:Now that OKC has lost, I would get onthe phone for a Caruso for Giddey swap. Works one for one, we save some cap space too. We get a star potential unique player who has been blocked from stardom potentially. This is the type of trade you make. I think this trade makes way too much sense for both teams actually.

Not sure OKC makes that move. But it's the first Caruso trade idea I didn't hate.

I think they might actually. But I would be willing to include something else as well.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#1123 » by Jcool0 » Sun May 19, 2024 6:58 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

I think they might actually. But I would be willing to include something else as well.

Even though he really fell off this year i still think he has the upside to get a better return then Caruso.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,857

Post#1124 » by kulaz3000 » Mon May 20, 2024 1:46 am

Jcool0 wrote:
Clint Eastwood wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

Even though he really fell off this year i still think he has the upside to get a better return then Caruso.

I don't know about a better return than Caruso, because he is up for an extension. Unless he gets a relatively decent deal in the range of what Coby got, which seems unlikely.

I wouldn't be against trading for Giddey, but in addition to Alex, I wouldn't trade any draft capital. I still have my concerns with Giddey, and he seems to be headed in the Ricky Rubio route, where they are great playmakers and passers, but their lack of offensive progression holds him back. But he is still extremely young and worth a gamble.
Why so serious?
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,102

Post#1125 » by Chi town » Mon May 20, 2024 1:56 am

The trade I’ve been floating for a year is Caruso for Giddey and Dieng.

We finally get a PF and one that can shoot with upside. Dieng won’t be playing in OKC with JW ahead of him.
ChiefILL53
Starter
And1: 844

Post#1126 » by ChiefILL53 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:55 am

Chi town wrote:The trade I’ve been floating for a year is Caruso for Giddey and Dieng.

We finally get a PF and one that can shoot with upside. Dieng won’t be playing in OKC with JW ahead of him.

yea this is the type of trade I think AKME need to be focusing on executing. Dieng hasnt really gotten the tick to show what he can do (could be a breakout candidate) and Giddey got benched due to his shooting but is still a good player. If it doesnt take any draft assets I'd pull the trigger.
jc23 wrote:Goran + Lonzo + Zach = the Dragon Ball Z line up.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,102

Post#1127 » by Chi town » Mon May 20, 2024 11:04 pm

Caruso for Giddey and Dieng

Zach for MPJ

Let DDR Walk.

Coby Giddey Pat MPJ (Pick) Ayo… Not a bad start to a retool. If you can get a defensive C with the pick you may have something.

I’d still prefer to draft TDS. Think he will be better than MPJ. Way cheaper and he can get his own shot.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,593

Post#1128 » by Ccwatercraft » Tue May 21, 2024 1:31 am

Chicagoat wrote:
pipfan wrote:

We need a pick coming back, and they have have the Port pick. Or Dieng, I like his upside

Dieng/Giddy for Caruso and Port pick?

From what I read from OKC fans, Dieng has some confidence issues. I don't want another Patrick Williams situation.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Thunder/comments/1aoi62i/ousmane_dieng/

I'm curious if any team makes a play for Pat Williams, they might think they can turn him around... I have no idea what to do with him.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,701

Post#1129 » by sco » Tue May 21, 2024 1:00 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:
Chicagoat wrote:
pipfan wrote:We need a pick coming back, and they have have the Port pick. Or Dieng, I like his upside

Dieng/Giddy for Caruso and Port pick?

From what I read from OKC fans, Dieng has some confidence issues. I don't want another Patrick Williams situation.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Thunder/comments/1aoi62i/ousmane_dieng/

I'm curious if any team makes a play for Pat Williams, they might think they can turn him around... I have no idea what to do with him.

I think that AK should mitigate that risk by saying that they'll match any offer. I think it's probably more true in this case than others in the past because the Bulls have so few good young players.
:clap:
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,181

Post#1130 » by MrSparkle » Tue May 21, 2024 1:05 pm

I’d trade Caruso for Giddey and #12. Nothing less. Maybe even demand two more 2nds, to settle back on the swap without them.

IMO Giddey’s NBA career is looking down. He wasn’t played much in the playoffs (18 mpg), and that’s usually a big red danger sign. He was benched in favor of younger players. On top of this he’ll be a RFA next summer.

So you’re trading a proven championship defensive leader for a dubious lead guard who will want money, but can’t defend nor shoot at the playoff level. Plus the underage story probably ruined his locker-room reputation.

OTOH I’m pretty sure Presti values him more, and isn’t bothering with trades. I’d 100% rather resign Giddey cheap than Patrick Williams. :lol:
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,092
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#1131 » by Clint Eastwood » Tue May 21, 2024 5:55 pm

MrSparkle wrote:I’d trade Caruso for Giddey and #12. Nothing less. Maybe even demand two more 2nds, to settle back on the swap without them.

IMO Giddey’s NBA career is looking down. He wasn’t played much in the playoffs (18 mpg), and that’s usually a big red danger sign. He was benched in favor of younger players. On top of this he’ll be a RFA next summer.

So you’re trading a proven championship defensive leader for a dubious lead guard who will want money, but can’t defend nor shoot at the playoff level. Plus the underage story probably ruined his locker-room reputation.

OTOH I’m pretty sure Presti values him more, and isn’t bothering with trades. I’d 100% rather resign Giddey cheap than Patrick Williams. :lol:

I think roster fit is so underrated in determining player’s career paths. This is why you need to grab a guy like Giddey now, when he was benched for better fit in playoffs. He could easily have a Lauri like jump, or a Shai like jump. He has skills to be a star in my opinion. He will improve as a shooter, its not like he has a broken shot. He is a great passer and a great rebounder from the point guard spot. Give a guy like him the keys to the kingdom and see if you can get Luka “light” out of him.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,946

Post#1132 » by ChettheJet » Tue May 21, 2024 11:35 pm

Since it's on the table, I'd be glad to trade Caruso for Giddey and a pick who you've got to think is one of those change of scenery chances that does better with different players. SGA is obviously a superstar and what a lot of teams take a while to discover is, they need to have complimentary players who are willing to give up part of their game when they're on a superstar's team.

Giddey with White and Ayo doesn't have to watch them dominate the ball, he can take his turn isolating some of the time.

Otherwise I'm looking over at the Bleacher Report for Zach Lavine maybe being projected on the Knicks. First, forget about him needing to play before he can be traded. Some of you hate him, I get it, but the NBA has seen what he can do, your team surgeon looks at his knees and says yea or nay like he does with half of their own roster. The Knicks make some sense, except for Thibs wanting defense, but Brunson dominates the ball so Zach can be a spot up shooter most of the time. But he can also still drive to the basket if that's the play.

The other thing would be Donovan Mitchell maybe to HOU. I wouldn't think that CLE would be interested in three kids, the #3 pick this year and a couple more down the road. They think they have the core group now to compete so they would prefer win now veterans. HOU has FVV, Green, Brooks, Thompson, Smith if they add Mitchell somebody has to go. Maybe they look at the Bulls as the third team with Lavine and Caruso while the Bulls get that #3 pick and maybe Eason, Green who would be due a big payday. Landale who would be behind Sengun and Adams.
sco
RealGM

Post#1133 » by sco » Wed May 22, 2024 3:08 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Since it's on the table, I'd be glad to trade Caruso for Giddey and a pick who you've got to think is one of those change of scenery chances that does better with different players. SGA is obviously a superstar and what a lot of teams take a while to discover is, they need to have complimentary players who are willing to give up part of their game when they're on a superstar's team.

Giddey with White and Ayo doesn't have to watch them dominate the ball, he can take his turn isolating some of the time.

Otherwise I'm looking over at the Bleacher Report for Zach Lavine maybe being projected on the Knicks. First, forget about him needing to play before he can be traded. Some of you hate him, I get it, but the NBA has seen what he can do, your team surgeon looks at his knees and says yea or nay like he does with half of their own roster. The Knicks make some sense, except for Thibs wanting defense, but Brunson dominates the ball so Zach can be a spot up shooter most of the time. But he can also still drive to the basket if that's the play.

The other thing would be Donovan Mitchell maybe to HOU. I wouldn't think that CLE would be interested in three kids, the #3 pick this year and a couple more down the road. They think they have the core group now to compete so they would prefer win now veterans. HOU has FVV, Green, Brooks, Thompson, Smith if they add Mitchell somebody has to go. Maybe they look at the Bulls as the third team with Lavine and Caruso while the Bulls get that #3 pick and maybe Eason, Green who would be due a big payday. Landale who would be behind Sengun and Adams.

Cant see NY wanting Zach. IMO they lucked into a great player in Donte (great defender who was 3rd in the NBA in 3's made). They'd be better off keeping Randle than taking Zach. I did suggest the idea of Zach and a 1st for Randle and Robinson in a 3 way for Mitchell in another thread though.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,426

Post#1134 » by jump » Wed May 22, 2024 3:59 pm

MrSparkle wrote:I’d trade Caruso for Giddey and #12. Nothing less. Maybe even demand two more 2nds, to settle back on the swap without them.

I think the trade that I would rather see with OKC is Caruso for Giddy and a 1st in 2025. OKC has three 1st Rd picks next year and we have none. They would get a full season of Caruso and the chance to sign him longer term, and we would get back into a very strong draft class.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,740

Post#1135 » by Repeat 3-peat » Wed May 22, 2024 4:04 pm

Why would OKC want Caruso?
jump
Assistant Coach

Post#1136 » by jump » Wed May 22, 2024 4:17 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:Why would OKC want Caruso?

Defense, leadership, experience, 3pt shooting
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,740

Post#1137 » by Repeat 3-peat » Wed May 22, 2024 4:25 pm

jump wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:Why would OKC want Caruso?

Defense, leadership, experience, 3pt shooting

OKC isn't lacking defense at the guard/wing position with SGA, Dort, Cason Wallace(who is going to be a stud), Jdub. The focus for OKC is size in the front court, and maybe another star.
jump
Assistant Coach

Post#1138 » by jump » Wed May 22, 2024 4:27 pm

Thanks for peeing in my Cheerios.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#1139 » by prolific passer » Wed May 22, 2024 4:38 pm

After okc lost. People were talking about how they needs more veterans. That's where Caruso could come in but no thanks to Giddy who hasn't been the same since his legal issues this season. Also Giddy probably wants to start and he won't start over Coby. I could see the spurs making a move for him to team him with Wemby.
sco
RealGM

Post#1140 » by sco » Wed May 22, 2024 5:32 pm

What about a deal with GS?

Lavine, Caruso, Vuc for Kuminga, Wiggins, Looney, Paul

I look at it as Caruso wasn't getting us Kuminga by himself. Zach has minor value in this deal compared to taking on Wiggins and Paul, which is used by us getting rid of Vuc. I just see Kuminga as a guy who could be a core piece going forward.

Return to Chicago Bulls