Image ImageImage Image

Thoughts on Donovan right now

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, Ice Man, dougthonus

Hot takes on Billy Donovan

Fire him now!!!
6%
Meh. Average coach. Always was, always will be.
30%
Thank god AKME gave him an extension
4%
This hot streak has changed my mind about him
7%
This hot streak hasn't affected my opinion
26%
Billy has good schemes
12%
Billy's schemes suck
2%
Billy has got good rotations
6%
Billy's rotations suck
8%

Total votes: 103

Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,333

Re: Thoughts on Donovan right now 

Post#121 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:36 am

jnrjr79 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:My thought on Billy Donovan is that this roster is fatally flawed and Billy Donovan does not rate in the list of current concerns.

Focusing on Donovan is like having a potentially fatal disease you need to aggressively treat but instead worrying about some mild knee pain. How about we fix the urgent thing before spending too much time wringing hands about a minor thing?
Two things can be true at the same time.

Sorry, I just can’t be worried right now about whether the hubcaps on the Yugo look nice. Billy Donovan is not a meaningful problem for this current Bulls roster.

The roster isn't fatally flawed, though. What are they? 18-12 the last 30 games... with more than a couple blown games against weak teams that didn't have to happen with any semblance of late game coaching and play.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

Let me get my “18-12 over the last 30” foam finger printed up.

The roster is obviously fatally flawed. One of the reasons you know that is the Bulls’ best stretch of play has come without their most expensive player. But even if they can be better than they’ve been with Zach, this is ultimately a roster centered around veteran players that has a very limited ceiling. That’s not the same as saying the roster is terrible. But the roster has no path to contention and needs significant reworking.
Again. Not really all that true as far as the without their most expensive player part.

13-10 without Zach
5-2 with Zach
I WANT TO ADD...before anyone says it, I didn't bring up Lavine. You did.

18-12 total. Sure. Get a foam finger. Just remember those 30 games are 62٪ of the season played to date. It's a large and consecutive sample size of the games played so far this season. As well as the most recent.

You don't identify the problems and then pick one to fix. You look to fix any and all of them.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Chicago Bulls