Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,093

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#121 » by Chi town » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:01 am

Wingy wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:Woj just said on espn countdown that the asking price is for Alex Caruso is Astronomical, as the Bulls really don’t want to trade him.

The convo was about Bruce Brown and certain role players being so valued coming towards the trade deadline

Our front office is Idiotical.

I could see someone like OKC paying it due to them having so many ridiculous assets. Maybe HOU.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#122 » by d boy gentleman » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:35 am

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Calling BS on this one. Not every "basketball" account with a blue checkmark is legit. Die Hard Chicago Bulls also has a checkmark and he's ALWAYS wrong
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#123 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:43 am

Yep it only costs 8 bucks a month for the blue check
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,241

Post#124 » by Red8911 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:31 am

Wingy wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:Woj just said on espn countdown that the asking price is for Alex Caruso is Astronomical, as the Bulls really don’t want to trade him.

The convo was about Bruce Brown and certain role players being so valued coming towards the trade deadline

What’s the problem with that ? You would rather gift another team Caruso? F that, if they want him then they better be ready to give something up.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,103

Post#125 » by Wingy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:25 pm

Red8911 wrote:What’s the problem with that ? You would rather gift another team Caruso? F that, if they want him then they better be ready to give something up.

Our price should be high. However “astronomical” is a word you’d apply when you’re talking an extreme that no one’s realistically going to want to pay. Basically setting a price that makes him untouchable.

Quite frankly that’s idiotic for a team in our position.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#126 » by Wingy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:40 pm

My prediction for this deadline is complete paralysis. Again.

AK’s boxed himself into a corner, is in complete denial, and refuses or even can’t admit it he’s so delusional.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,850

Post#127 » by DuckIII » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:57 pm

Wingy wrote:

Or they are playing chicken like tough negotiators while letting the approaching trade deadline apply the pressure needed to . . .

Alright, I think your explanation is better.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Guru
Starter
And1: 223

Post#128 » by Guru » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:14 pm

Wingy wrote:My prediction for this deadline is complete paralysis. Again.

AK’s boxed himself into a corner, is in complete denial, and refuses or even can’t admit it he’s so delusional.

I can't imagine following sports with such a joy sucking position.

As if AK didn't sign a great free agent class.
As if he didn't quickly build a great team.
As if you wouldn't complain if he rushed into some trade.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,850

Post#129 » by DuckIII » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:17 pm

I still think Zach’s gone, but in the only way that makes absolutely no sense for the team - dumped at a low value period for plug in role players in an attempt to stay short term competitive.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,178

Post#130 » by MrSparkle » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:29 pm

I expect either no trades or losing trades. Just looking like a Bulls asset bloodbath out there. This team has been a waste of time.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,426

Post#131 » by jump » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:58 pm

MrSparkle wrote:I expect either no trades or losing trades. Just looking like a Bulls asset bloodbath out there. This team has been a waste of time.

They don’t call you Mr Sparkle for nothing.
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 936

Post#132 » by burlydee » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:58 pm

There's not really a Lavine trade I love for the Bulls. The two teams I keep coming back to are Charlotte and Detroit. How are those teams going to acquire a player as good as Lavine via free agency or trade? Those teams have to hit in the draft and yet ... every year they don't. If I'm the Bulls, those are the two teams I'm targeting.

Trade 1
Bulls trade Lavine, Drummond
Bulls receive Duncan Robinson, Nikola Jovic, PJ Washington. Thomas Bryant, 2nd round pick from Heat via (LAL), 1st round pick from Charlotte in 2026

Heat trade Duncan Robinson, Caleb Martin, Nikola Jovic, LAL 2nd round pick
Heat receive Terry Rozier, Andre Drummond

Charlotte trades Terry Rozier, PJ Washington, #1 pick in 2026
Charlotte receives Caleb Martin, Zach Lavine

The Heat do this trade because they feel like they can make a run now. Rozier's a good player who can fit in as the 3rd or 4th scorer far better than Kyle Lowry. Robinson is expendable with Herro and Jaquez. The Heat are a small team. They're backup center is Thomas Bryant. Drummond is an upgrade.

Charlotte does this trade to get a scorer they could not obtain in free agency. Lavine should actually be a pretty good backcourt pair with LaMelo, who can handle the playmaking and let Lavine concentrate on scoring. Martin gets to play with his brother. He's mostly in the trade for salary purposes.

The Bulls do this trade b/c it gets them two rotation pieces (Robinson, Washington) who can help improve the shooting. A 1st round pick and a young player they can take fly on. That charlotte pick could be really good in a couple of years as could that Lakers 2nd round pick.

Bulls after trade

Coby White / Ayo / Carter
Caruso / Robinson
Demar / Terry
P Will / Craig / Washington
Vuc / Bryant

I imagine Washington would probably see a fair amount of time as a stretch 5 and P Will some time at the 3. This gives AKME the lineup versatility that they like without jeopardizing our awesome shot at the 9th seed.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,925

Post#133 » by RSP83 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Lol. And you tell me it's ridiculous to ask for 3 FRPs for Zach? AC alone is worth 3 FRP by that standard.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,093

Post#134 » by Chi town » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:22 pm

RSP83 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lol. And you tell me it's ridiculous to ask for 3 FRPs for Zach? AC alone is worth 3 FRP by that standard.

Ask doesn’t mean get.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#135 » by Wingy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:39 pm

Guru wrote:

This assessment of the team is as delusional as AK. He did rush toward a trade that set us back big time. Hello Vuc.

He rushed when he didn’t need to. Now he’s cautious and conservative when it’s time for action.

He is flat out terrible at his job.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,131

Post#136 » by patryk7754 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:58 pm

Nets are said to be buyers. Maybe we can get two firsts for Damar since they think Finney smith is worth that
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 664

Post#137 » by Rose2Boozer » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:55 pm

Caruso is a great connective tissue player, but we don't have much tissue.

Caruso to the Rockets for Oladipo, 2 first via BKN, and a second via OKC. Waive Olacrapo.
ROLES & HOLES
Wingy
RealGM

Post#138 » by Wingy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:37 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:Caruso is a great connective tissue player, but we don't have much tissue.

Caruso to the Rockets for Oladipo, 2 first via BKN, and a second via OKC. Waive Olacrapo.

Not bad, but I don’t think the Rockets are that all in yet. Sure they’re hoping for more growth from their youth first.
dawhizz
Rookie
And1: 382

Post#139 » by dawhizz » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:10 pm

Guru wrote:

He had one very good plan. It got derailed by a freak injury. That sucks. He has shown no ability/willingness to pivot from that original plan two years later and still has no discernible plan for this team being competitive. That seems like a problem.
"I'd go with Tyrus Thomas at small forward." - Sam Smith
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 664

Post#140 » by Rose2Boozer » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:16 pm

Wingy wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:Caruso is a great connective tissue player, but we don't have much tissue.

Not bad, but I don’t think the Rockets are that all in yet. Sure they’re hoping for more growth from their youth first.

More than likely, but I'm sure Udoka would love Caruso as his third guard. The Rockets would probably rather part with Tate or Landale. That being said, it's a call AKME ain't making. They seem to have family pet love for Caruso.
ROLES & HOLES

Return to Chicago Bulls