Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Lakers 9:30 CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,926

Re: Bulls @ Lakers 9:30 CT 

Post#141 » by RSP83 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:49 am

Read on Twitter

I wish there's a full video of this. Man, I feel old.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,259

Post#142 » by HomoSapien » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:22 pm

SfBull wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Holes and here there? Compete at all high level? How are we gonna fix this gaping m holes? And what is your definition of competing at a high level? Keep in mind that we have no assets other than one we might possibly unload for basically if they are stupid enough to do that. Spurs will probably get our pick 2025 because we will do just enough to remain mediocre.

We have no avenue to really improve unless Patrick Williams makes a Coby level jump.

Come on, dude. we're the 9th seed despite an atrocious start. We've been competing at a high level for months now.

9th seed is competing on high level??
If not for the Play in Tournament we'd be out of playoffs for another year.

I mean, I would say if you are a playoff team you are competing at a high level. The team minus Zach, to me at least, appears to be playoff quality.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Post#143 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:14 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
SfBull wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Come on, dude. we're the 9th seed despite an atrocious start. We've been competing at a high level for months now.

I mean, I would say if you are a playoff team you are competing at a high level. The team minus Zach, to me at least, appears to be playoff quality.

A play-in team is not competing at high level. You can the make the play-in with a losing record. A high level is 50+ win team imo.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Post#144 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:16 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
SfBull wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

And we have been a playoff team with Zach. Subtracting him this season is not some crazy improvement that changes the trajectory of this team. Still first round fodder at best.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,700

Post#145 » by SfBull » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:43 am

Dan Z wrote:
CROBulls wrote:
SfBull wrote:Rui could help at PF

Rui could help some g-league team at PF. I fixed that for you.

Rui is an okay player and Reaves is solid. They'd both help this team, but I think the Bulls should aim higher.

The Bulls aren't going to rebuild so they should look for a player who has potential but hasn't had a chance to fulfill their potential yet. For example, Lauri Markkanen before he got traded to the Jazz.

Does a player like that exist? Probably not, but I think they should look around the league and try to find someone like that.

It's reasonable but I'm not sure we could get that type of player in return for Zach in a trade .
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,306

Post#146 » by Dan Z » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:12 am

SfBull wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
CROBulls wrote:Rui could help some g-league team at PF. I fixed that for you.

Rui is an okay player and Reaves is solid. They'd both help this team, but I think the Bulls should aim higher.

The Bulls aren't going to rebuild so they should look for a player who has potential but hasn't had a chance to fulfill their potential yet. For example, Lauri Markkanen before he got traded to the Jazz.

Does a player like that exist? Probably not, but I think they should look around the league and try to find someone like that.

It's reasonable but I'm not sure we could get that type of player in return for Zach in a trade .

It has to be a player who is currently undervalued and has potential. Keep in mind that the Bulls traded Markkanen for DDJ and a protected first round pick. Cleveland put him in the Donovan Mitchell trade and didn't value him that much.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#147 » by HomoSapien » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:05 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
SfBull wrote:9th seed is competing on high level??

And we have been a playoff team with Zach. Subtracting him this season is not some crazy improvement that changes the trajectory of this team. Still first round fodder at best.

You're missing what I'm saying.

Since Zach went down, we have found chemistry that we didn't previously have this season, Coby has ascended in his new role, and we have climbed up the standings significantly. Our record, since this all happened is 16-11. That would basically be a 50 win pace if we started out this way. Of course you can't discount the awful start, but I don't see our current performance to be a fluke either. We look like a team that's turned the corner and I think we have the chance to get better when Craig returns and hopefully, we get some rotation players back for Zach. Since our atrocious start, we have been a highly competitive team and there's enough season left for us to be a playoff team with a winning record.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,740

Post#148 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:39 am

Read on Twitter

Not liking that this injury is lingering.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#149 » by HomoSapien » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:07 am

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm hoping they see Portland as an easier opponent and are just using it as preventative injury management. He hasn't looked great since it happened and we're worse off because of it.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,700

Post#150 » by SfBull » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:33 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Something like a trade ??
Hopefully yes including him in a package with Zach.
RyanJamari
Junior
And1: 122

Post#151 » by RyanJamari » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:40 pm

I would include him to get Duren and Ivey. Apparently, Detroit is high on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Chicago Bulls