Image ImageImage Image

Blazers board: Blazers in talks with East team for PG and SF

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,102

Re: Blazers board: Blazers in talks with East team for PG and SF 

Post#141 » by NZB2323 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:04 am

It's not Atlanta.

Why would the Hawks trade Bibby and Marvin, who both have expiring contracts, for an expiring contract?

It makes less sense than Mission Impossible 2.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#142 » by boogydown » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:06 am

Portland made two offers

Tech9 said Joel + Outlaw for Hinrich

Then LaFrentz + Sergio for Hinrich.

Why would Chicago need to add an asset to dump Hinrich? Id rather let Gordon walk, play Hinrich until his value is up and then move him. Many teams would want him with his declining contract.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#143 » by Ben » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:08 am

DevilDetails wrote:To those doubting that Deng could be included in a LaFrenz/Outlaw/Rodriguez type salary dump, you have to remember that (1) you'd be dumping Hinrich, too, and he's definitely viewed as overpaid around the league, and (2) Deng is also overpaid for what he is (a 3rd option). The Bulls need to rebuild, and you can't do that with bloated contracts on the roster. Outlaw has a great contract with a team option. If you clear out Hinrich, Deng, and Hughes, you're going to have a ton of room to build your roster as you see fit.

Fans almost always underestimate the value of a salary dump to an owner/gm (especially with an insured contract like LaFrenz's).

Listen, I feel you re: the need to tell certain fan bases that they're overvaluing certain contracts on their roster. I've been telling Raptors fans that for the past month or so re: Jermaine O'Neal. But I don't think that you understand Bulls' management's position re: Deng. They have a lot invested in him. He's the guy who they wouldn't include in a Gasol deal (reportedly). He's the guy who they just honored with a (too-large) long-term contract this summer. They're not going to dump him now and admit a mistake. What's more, they're not going to MAKE a mistake by trading him when his value is relatively low, unless they're pretty darned sure that they can land a big-time player in return (e.g. a premiere 2009-10 FA), and of course they can't be sure of that.

Deng's not happening as part of a salary dump. Pure and simple. I'm not stating that with any kind of homer glasses on, just self-certain knowledge of management's M.O.
LOOSH
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#144 » by LOOSH » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:14 am

Blazer fan here, if it is the Bulls, then it's Deng and Hinrich no doubt. Nocioni and Hinrich would not make us a "championship contender" -- they would probably make us worse and kill our financial situation at the same time. It is also known that Pritchard covets Deng and has had talks about him in the past.

Rudy won't be involved, not after what it took to get him here, how cheap we have him for, and how popular he is among fans. It would be shocking.

Quick said it involves Raef and two back-ups who are in the rotation. That includes Rudy, Sergio, Bayless, Outlaw and Joel. Joel, Rudy, and Bayless are going nowhere IMO. One will obviously be Outlaw (who is more of a PF than SF btw), and the other is most likely Sergio. Those are the two names we are said to be shopping the heaviest, and it makes the most sense. I realize you guys might not like the results there, but it's more than likely the reality of the situation. This will be a salary dump for you, it will cost you Deng, but that might be a decent price considering you get a two good young player back and a ton of flexibility in shedding Hinrich and Deng's massive contracts.

It works in the trade machine: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
and I'd assume some picks might be involved as well.

Bayless might be the guy instead of Sergio, but everything we hear is about Sergio being dealt, not Bayess.

It could be Charlotte of Milwakee, but if it's the Bulls, this is the deal IMO.
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#145 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:16 am

Why is everybody saying Bayless and Rodriguez? Why not Raef + Outlaw + Frye/Diogu?
LOOSH
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#146 » by LOOSH » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:20 am

I agree Frye would make sense for you guys, but it was said to be "two back-ups who are in the rotation" and neither Frye or Diogu is in the rotation.
Sonny_D1
Lead Assistant
And1: 218

Post#147 » by Sonny_D1 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:22 am

boogydown wrote:Why would Atlanta do a deal sending Bibby and Williams to Portland for LaFrentz, Outlaw, Rodriguez. That is just stupid, they need a PG, and they get nothing in this deal that upgraded their current players.

That makes 0 sense to me unless they get Bayless, Joel or Rudy in the deal. I am 100% sure it's not with Atlanta.

Bibby is good as gone after this year as the cash strapped Hawks aren't going to resign him for what he'll probably command. Ditto with Williams as he's coming up on his RFA.

Raef would be the expiring, Outlaw a cheap replacement for this year and next, and either Sergio or Bayless as a replacement (cheap) PG.

Marvin and Bibby for Raef, Outlaw and Sergio (or Bayless).

Again as a viewer of many Hawk games this year, probably all but 2 or so, the Hawks aren't as good as their record might indicate. Horford has been out, yes, but that team just isn't clicking for some reason and it's not because of Horford. Something about them just isn't right.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,273

Post#148 » by AirP. » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:28 am

boogydown wrote:Portland made two offers

Tech9 said Joel + Outlaw for Hinrich

Then LaFrentz + Sergio for Hinrich.

Why would Chicago need to add an asset to dump Hinrich? Id rather let Gordon walk, play Hinrich until his value is up and then move him. Many teams would want him with his declining contract.

Dear god... please take Joel and Outlaw for Hinrich. Joel makes the frontcourt much stronger and gives a banger inside. We become a legitament frontcourt with Joel and Drew starting and Noah and Tyrus coming off the bench... there will be NO reason our front court can't atleast be average for an NBA front court then.
treis
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#149 » by treis » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:29 am

LOOSH wrote:I agree Frye would make sense for you guys, but it was said to be "two back-ups who are in the rotation" and neither Frye or Diogu is in the rotation.

Please don't treat us like morons. Fyre sucks, and he isn't any better than the crap we have already.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,102

Post#150 » by NZB2323 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:30 am

LOOSH wrote:Blazer fan here, if it is the Bulls, then it's Deng and Hinrich no doubt. Nocioni and Hinrich would not make us a "championship contender" -- they would probably make us worse and kill our financial situation at the same time. It is also known that Pritchard covets Deng and has had talks about him in the past.

Rudy won't be involved, not after what it took to get him here, how cheap we have him for, and how popular he is among fans. It would be shocking.

Quick said it involves Raef and two back-ups who are in the rotation. That includes Rudy, Sergio, Bayless, Outlaw and Joel. Joel, Rudy, and Bayless are going nowhere IMO. One will obviously be Outlaw (who is more of a PF than SF btw), and the other is most likely Sergio. Those are the two names we are said to be shopping the heaviest, and it makes the most sense. I realize you guys might not like the results there, but it's more than likely the reality of the situation. This will be a salary dump for you, it will cost you Deng, but that might be a decent price considering you get a two good young player back and a ton of flexibility in shedding Hinrich and Deng's massive contracts.

It works in the trade machine: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
and I'd assume some picks might be involved as well.

Bayless might be the guy instead of Sergio, but everything we hear is about Sergio being dealt, not Bayess.

It could be Charlotte of Milwakee, but if it's the Bulls, this is the deal IMO.

Then the deal isn't with the Bulls. Management is very, very, very high on Deng.

1.)They wouldn't trade him for Pau.

2.)They signed him for 72 million dollars.

3.)Inside sources say that the Bulls are not shopping him.

As for the "championship contender" line, isn't that just a guy's point of view? I mean, the Blazers are only 2.5 games behind the Spurs, and everyone considers them a championship contender. Maybe the guy thinks that the Blazers have to get just a little bit better in order to be contenders. Or maybe the guy is really high on Hinrich.

In any event, if it is the Bulls, it's Hinrich and Nocioni, maybe Hinrich and Thabo. But it's not Deng.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,472

Post#151 » by coldfish » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:31 am

Some time ago, there was a report out of Portland that they were going to trade Randolph for a really good player. I believe that the thread went on for 1000 pages or so. It was epic. The inside source was giving minute by minute updates. They were going to hit a homerun. Deng was even mentioned.

They went on to trade Randolph for Francis and immediately bought him out. They were better for it, but the Portland board fantastically overestimated what they would get for Randolph.

Deng is not being dumped. Maybe Portland would have no interest in Nocioni. If I was them, I certainly wouldn't. That being said, any thought that Deng is getting traded for Lafrentz is pure fancy.
bobsampson
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#152 » by bobsampson » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:31 am

AirP. wrote:[
Dear god... please take Joel and Outlaw for Hinrich.

+1
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#153 » by Spykes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:33 am

Bayless definitely isn't getting traded. Management is very high on him. Not saying he's untouchable, but it would have to be a better offer than Kirk and Nocioni to get Bayless.

RoseTheFuture22 wrote:Why is everybody saying Bayless and Rodriguez? Why not Raef + Outlaw + Frye/Diogu?

In the chat where this rumor originated from, the Blazer beat writer said that the deal involves Raef and 2 players who are in the Blazers rotation and aren't starters. Neither Frye or Diogu are in the Blazers rotation right now. Hence why they aren't being discussed.

Ralphb07 wrote:Also remember that Miles just totally F'd Portland and the only way for them to improve is via trade.

Completely wrong. Even with Miles, the Blazers will have around 7 or 8 mil to spend in FA next summer if they don't make any move during the deadline. Add on top of that the Team Options the Blazers have on both Outlaw and Blake's contracts and the Blazers can potentially open up near max level cap space this summer. So no, the Blazers aren't "totally F'd" because of Miles.
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#154 » by JackFinn » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:34 am

LOOSH wrote:Blazer fan here, if it is the Bulls, then it's Deng and Hinrich no doubt.

Bulls board here. If Paxson hasn't been fired, then it ain't Deng no doubt.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#155 » by Spykes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:35 am

AirP. wrote:Dear god... please take Joel and Outlaw for Hinrich. Joel makes the frontcourt much stronger and gives a banger inside. We become a legitament frontcourt with Joel and Drew starting and Noah and Tyrus coming off the bench... there will be NO reason our front court can't atleast be average for an NBA front court then.

There's no chance you guys get Przybilla from Portland, especially when Portland doesn't get a C back (and no, sending back Gray doesn't help). He's too important to the Blazers.
bobsampson
Banned User

Post#156 » by bobsampson » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:36 am

Yea, its not Deng Portland people.. He is actually lookin worth it lately
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#157 » by SportsWorld » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:37 am

JackFinn wrote:
LOOSH wrote:Blazer fan here, if it is the Bulls, then it's Deng and Hinrich no doubt.

Bulls board here. If Paxson hasn't been fired, then it ain't Deng no doubt.

If the Bulls have any chance at winning in the near future they need to build a brand new team around Rose. Deng has looked good with Rose these past few games. So yeah I don't see Pax giving him up.
girlygirl
RealGM

Post#158 » by girlygirl » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:37 am

Spykes wrote:Bayless definitely isn't getting traded. Management is very high on him. Not saying he's untouchable, but it would have to be a better offer than Kirk and Nocioni to get Bayless.

RoseTheFuture22 wrote:Why is everybody saying Bayless and Rodriguez? Why not Raef + Outlaw + Frye/Diogu?

In the chat where this rumor originated from, the Blazer beat writer said that the deal involves Raef and 2 players who are in the Blazers rotation and aren't starters. Neither Frye or Diogu are in the Blazers rotation right now. Hence why they aren't being discussed.

Ralphb07 wrote:Also remember that Miles just totally F'd Portland and the only way for them to improve is via trade.

Completely wrong. Even with Miles, the Blazers will have around 7 or 8 mil to spend in FA next summer if they don't make any move during the deadline. Add on top of that the Team Options the Blazers have on both Outlaw and Blake's contracts and the Blazers can potentially open up near max level cap space this summer. So no, the Blazers aren't "totally F'd" because of Miles.

While I don't doubt that the Blazers are high on Bayless and would be reluctant to move him, to say Portland would want more than Hinrich + Nocioni for him is rather silly, since Bayless is having a poor rookie season and at this point in all 3 players' careers, is the worst and least proven player of the bunch. In the future, he may very well easily be the best of the 3, but he isn't as of Jan. 29, 2009...
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,960

Post#159 » by dougthonus » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:37 am

I realize you guys might not like the results there, but it's more than likely the reality of the situation. This will be a salary dump for you, it will cost you Deng, but that might be a decent price considering you get a two good young player back and a ton of flexibility in shedding Hinrich and Deng's massive contracts.

:dontknow:

You could be right, but I'd be shocked if you are. The more likely scenario is that the Bulls and Blazers aren't going to make a trade, but if they do, I'll be shocked if that's the best they get out of it.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Toro Rojo
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#160 » by Toro Rojo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:44 am

Bulls fans should know Paxson by now: he aint trading Deng. Not for LaFrentz and Outlaw. No chance.

And also he is on the hot seat, trading Deng basically for a salary dump (although I like Outlaw, much more than many in here) is going to make this team even worse, and maybe he wont be around for the 2010 free agency.

Return to Chicago Bulls