Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs Raptors 7pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Re: Bulls vs Raptors 7pm CT 

Post#161 » by nekorajo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:58 am

MGB8 wrote:
nekorajo wrote:No Pat.
No Torrey.
No Zach.
No Zo.
Terry injured.
Vuc Vuching.
Small ball vs real big men.

Were the Bulls really supposed to win?

No starting PG (Quickley), no starting wing (Barrett), no starting C (Poetl), no backup c (Porter, at least recently). After trading away 2 of their top 3 players (Siakam and OG). Were the Raps supposed to win?

Not necessarily, but the Bulls aren't whole enough to have winning expectations placed on them.
Guru
Starter
And1: 224

Post#162 » by Guru » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:00 am

MGB8 wrote:
Guru wrote:Every loss the same group of "fans" see it as the reason we are terrible and want to tear it down. Every win is evidence of nothing.

Need to have 2 game threads. One for the Eeyores. One for the Tiggers.

Because the delusional among us refuse to see that, when it counts, this is the same team that was a laughingstock disgrace in the mid season tourney - when teams were even half serious.

Oh, they might be able to get a few wins during the regular season. But this team is going absolutely nowhere. Play in is the ceiling if everything is working and Derozan has a DeJordan hot streak again (which was the start of the end, changing his role from 2nd to 3rd option, bailout guy, to 1st option).

They are 2.5 games behind Miami and Orlando who are both 3-7 over the last ten games.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#163 » by Indomitable » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:02 am

MGB8 wrote:Let this non-Zach group hit bottom (as will likely happen) - then maybe the full rebuild will be forced to start. Or even AKME just admitting that they made mistakes in evaluating, trading, resigning… as a very small first step.

Not happening. I am about to watch the Clippers.
:banghead:
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#164 » by MGB8 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:07 am

Guru wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
Guru wrote:Every loss the same group of "fans" see it as the reason we are terrible and want to tear it down. Every win is evidence of nothing.

Because the delusional among us refuse to see that, when it counts, this is the same team that was a laughingstock disgrace in the mid season tourney - when teams were even half serious.

Oh, they might be able to get a few wins during the regular season. But this team is going absolutely nowhere. Play in is the ceiling if everything is working and Derozan has a DeJordan hot streak again (which was the start of the end, changing his role from 2nd to 3rd option, bailout guy, to 1st option).

They are 2.5 games behind Miami and Orlando who are both 3-7 over the last ten games.

Lol, and if you think the Bulls are anywhere near as good as Miami or Orlando… oy.

Yeah, both have been in a slump, but the Magic may be breaking out of it, and the Heat showed some signs, too. The Bulls are returning to mean after a hot streak, the others are in slumps but should return to mean. Their mean is significantly better than the Bulls.
nekorajo
Bench Warmer

Post#165 » by nekorajo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:07 am

Guru wrote:
MGB8 wrote:

Right, as broken as this team has been, (largely because of Zach) we're still close to to Miami.

But even if we swapped rosters with Miami, people would still be calling for a rebuild. I can hear them now.

"They're only a .500 team."
"Jimmy isn't a number 1."
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#166 » by MGB8 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:12 am

No. We know how good Jimmy is and has been in the playoffs. We know how good Bam is, Rozier will eventually fit in and they will adjust to each other. Herro is solid enough. And their rookie Jaquez may well end up better than Coby or Pat. They have poor depth issues and Martin has regressed, but they have a core.

The Bulls… over under of 8 more wins this season.

Lo… yup, Bulls are broken because of Zach… not no defense ball hog teammate icing DeRozan, no defense pouting Vuc, inconsistent unreliable Coby, even more inconsistent Pat, no leadership, no gameplan to maximize players, low talent team. Not that Zach has been good… but the notion that this debacle is mostly Zach is a joke. It’s a loser team, and he’s just one loser among many.
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 1,053

Post#167 » by ScrantonBulls » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:20 am

Taking shots fans that want changes to be made is ridiculous. You put fans in quotations. You literally gave AKME an A grade and think the teams is amazing. You want everybody to be completely delusional like yourself and support this pile of crap, further enabling AKME's complete failure. I'd argue that you are the type of "fan" that should be put into quotations. You have no interest in righting the ship that is this franchise.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#168 » by FriedRise » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:27 am

nekorajo wrote:But even if we swapped rosters with Miami, people would still be calling for a rebuild. I can hear them now.

If we were...

Bucks: "We're now an old team that can't play defense. Getting Dame was fun, but it's time to blow it up!"
Knicks: "We're not going anywhere with Jalen Brunson as our best player. Tear it down!"
Sixers: "Yeah he might be the reigning MVP, but he's always injured and can't get his team past the 2nd round. Sell high!!"
Cavs: "This is fool's gold. Mitchell is 27 and we're nowhere close to contending. We need to flip him for assets!"
Pacers: "Yeah Hali might be the point gawd, but this roster still sucks. 4-6 in the last 10. Tank a couple more seasons and draft a legit star."

They're everywhere lol
nekorajo
Bench Warmer

Post#169 » by nekorajo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:33 am

MGB8 wrote:No. We know how good Jimmy is and has been in the playoffs. We know how good Bam is, Rozier will eventually fit in and they will adjust to each other. Herro is solid enough. And their rookie Jaquez may well end up better than Coby or Pat. They have poor depth issues and Martin has regressed, but they have a core.

The Bulls… over under of 8 more wins this season.

Lo… yup, Bulls are broken because of Zach… not no defense ball hog teammate icing DeRozan, no defense pouting Vuc, inconsistent unreliable Coby, even more inconsistent Pat, no leadership, no gameplan to maximize players, low talent team. Not that Zach has been good… but the notion that this debacle is mostly Zach is a joke. It’s a loser team, and he’s just one loser among many.

Since it's a loser team, why are people acting surprised when they lose?

And yes their struggles are largely (not fully) because of Zach. If he was available and playing like his normal self. The team would have a better record.
Guru
Starter

Post#170 » by Guru » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:33 am

MGB8 wrote:
Guru wrote:
MGB8 wrote:

Lol, and if you think the Bulls are anywhere near as good as Miami or Orlando… oy.

Yeah, both have been in a slump, but the Magic may be breaking out of it, and the Heat showed some signs, too. The Bulls are returning to mean after a hot streak, the others are in slumps but should return to mean. Their mean is significantly better than the Bulls.

Bulls fan willing to give excuses to other teams but not their own......Remember this is supposed to be fun.
Guru
Starter

Post#171 » by Guru » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:37 am

FriedRise wrote:
nekorajo wrote:But even if we swapped rosters with Miami, people would still be calling for a rebuild. I can hear them now.

If we were...

Bucks: "We're now an old team that can't play defense. Getting Dame was fun, but it's time to blow it up!"
Knicks: "We're not going anywhere with Jalen Brunson as our best player. Tear it down!"
Sixers: "Yeah he might be the reigning MVP, but he's always injured and can't get his team past the 2nd round. Sell high!!"
Cavs: "This is fool's gold. Mitchell is 27 and we're nowhere close to contending. We need to flip him for assets!"
Pacers: "Yeah Hali might be the point gawd, but this roster still sucks. 4-6 in the last 10. Tank a couple more seasons and draft a legit star."

They're everywhere lol

"I find no enjoyment in a team that started 5-14 and is 17-12 since...is in the play-in game....has a burgeoning star in Colby White....I want to rush to the internet and be the first to call my favorite team terrible and find ways to tell everyone about their flaws."
ScrantonBulls
Senior

Post#172 » by ScrantonBulls » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:42 am

Live look at Guru for the past 25 years as a Bulls fan
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Post#173 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:42 am

Guru wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
Guru wrote:

Bulls fan willing to give excuses to other teams but not their own......Remember this is supposed to be fun.

Losing more than you win an old roster is not fun. There is literally no reason to be optimistic about the future outside of Coby White who has literally been the positive surprise of this season. But he is just one player.

Ownership is content to put out fringe playoff teams. That’s infuriating to me. They have zero interest in building a contender. If you are OK then fine. Most of us are not.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#174 » by Muzbar » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:42 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:

Taking shots fans that want changes to be made is ridiculous. You put fans in quotations. You literally gave AKME an A grade and think the teams is amazing. You want everybody to be completely delusional like yourself and support this pile of crap, further enabling AKME's complete failure. I'd argue that you are the type of "fan" that should be put into quotations. You have no interest in righting the ship that is this franchise.

I'm convinced this user is Arturas Karnisovas.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Guru
Starter

Post#175 » by Guru » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:46 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Guru wrote:
MGB8 wrote:

Losing more than you win an old roster is not fun. There is literally no reason to be optimistic about the future outside of Coby White who has literally been the positive surprise of this season. But he is just one player.

Ownership is content to put out fringe playoff teams. That’s infuriating to me. They have zero interest in building a contender. If you are OK then fine. Most of us are not.

The team that has zero interest in building a contender.....hired Donovan, traded for DDR and Vuc, Signed Lonzo and paid LaVine.
ScrantonBulls
Senior

Post#176 » by ScrantonBulls » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:49 am

Guru wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Guru wrote:

The team that has zero interest in building a contender.....hired Donovan, traded for DDR and Vuc, Signed Lonzo and paid LaVine.

Exactly. Anybody with a lick of NBA knowledge can tell that isn't a contending squad.
Guru
Starter

Post#177 » by Guru » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:51 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:

I want changes to be made. I want them to trade Lavine. I'd like to see Vuc moved. But if Vuc can't be moved I am not going to complain about him every game for 3 years when he's the 9th best rebounder in the league.

I am not against a complete tear down. There are many ways to skin a cat and I don't see that as necessary. I think where we are now I'd rather see us create a climate where our youth can develop. We will have PAW-Terry-Phillips-Ayo and a lotto pick soon. All of them have high ceilings. You teach winning by winning. You scaffold the youth with Carusos-Drummonds-Craigs-Carters-Bogdanovics-DDRs.
Guru
Starter

Post#178 » by Guru » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:52 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
Guru wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Exactly. Anybody with a lick of NBA knowledge can tell that isn't a contending squad.

But it was.....
ScrantonBulls
Senior

Post#179 » by ScrantonBulls » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:04 am

Guru wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:
Guru wrote:

But it was.....

No they weren't. Too small of a sample size to deem them title contenders. And Lonzo Ball is not the difference between a sub-.500 team and a title contender. He isn't that good. It was also well known that he was injury prone. Relying on him to be healthy was never a good idea

Their goal was to make the playoffs and see what happens. As it turned out, this isn't baseball, and it is a horrible idea.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#180 » by Muzbar » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:05 am

Guru wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:
Guru wrote:

But it was.....

When you think contending, do you mean contending to make the playoffs? Surely you don't mean a title?
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?

Return to Chicago Bulls