Image ImageImage Image

Torrey Craig out for 8-10 weeks.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,556

Re: Torrey Craig out for 8-10 weeks. 

Post#21 » by PaKii94 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:40 am

greenwing wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
greenwing wrote:A sprain of a plantar fascia should not take that long to heal. There must be something else going on here beyond a plantar fascial sprain.

Did you forget when Noah had similar thing? It affected him most of the season. The only way to heal is to keep pressure off the foot for weeks.

No. This is something I specialize in. The timeline suggests something more severe.

Ok I'll defer to you then. From my knowledge on plantar fascia injuries, the timeline is usually weeks-months instead of days. How long is recovery period for a sprain in your opinion?
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#22 » by prolific passer » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:40 am

Now's the time to trade Zach for Zion.

:lol: :crazy: :nod:
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,066

Post#23 » by vxmike » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:48 am

PaKii94 wrote:
greenwing wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
Did you forget when Noah had similar thing? It affected him most of the season. The only way to heal is to keep pressure off the foot for weeks.

No. This is something I specialize in. The timeline suggests something more severe.

Ok I'll defer to you then. From my knowledge on plantar fascia injuries, the timeline is usually weeks-months instead of days. How long is recovery period for a sprain in your opinion?

A Grade 3 sprain is a complete tear of a ligament. They didn’t say what grade this is, but it’s obviously not good.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,241

Post#24 » by Red8911 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:51 am

That sucks, he was starting to play better too lately.
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 445

Post#25 » by greenwing » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:37 am

vxmike wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
greenwing wrote:

A Grade 3 sprain is a complete tear of a ligament. They didn’t say what grade this is, but it’s obviously not good.

Correct. Based on the timeline it’s concerning regarding a tear.
Salo23
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#26 » by Salo23 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:43 am

More Julian Phillips?

Some of the rumored names in a potential Lavine trade could also be plugged into the interchangeable 3/4 spot (Rui Hachimura, Tobias Harris, Harrison Barnes).
“We are missing a lot of layups right now as a team, and that is on me... It’s my job to make sure we’re ready to make our layups." - Thibodeau.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,960

Post#27 » by dougthonus » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:55 am

Probably worst thing for the Bulls is that he won't be back before the trade deadline. He would have likely been a solid trade piece for a team looking for a vet role player.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,304

Post#28 » by Dan Z » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:01 am

dougthonus wrote:Probably worst thing for the Bulls is that he won't be back before the trade deadline. He would have likely been a solid trade piece for a team looking for a vet role player.

You think AKME would do a trade like that? My impression is they're still looking to win this year (obviously I could be wrong).
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#29 » by dougthonus » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:13 am

Dan Z wrote:
dougthonus wrote:Probably worst thing for the Bulls is that he won't be back before the trade deadline. He would have likely been a solid trade piece for a team looking for a vet role player.

You think AKME would do a trade like that? My impression is they're still looking to win this year (obviously I could be wrong).

Probably not, but if you found something where a team had an extra need and Torey Craig pushes a deal over the edge, it was a nice chip to have.

Like say the Lakers want Zach and give us Reeves, Rui, and DLo, but need a backup 4 now, Craig could have filled that without massively changing salary dynamics.
@doug_thonus on twitter
prolific passer
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by prolific passer » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:15 am

Soooo anybody out there they can sign or pick up from waivers that can start?
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,103

Post#31 » by Wingy » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:16 am

Surprised how many aren’t considering this.

You wonder if a team like the Celtics might have gotten desperate and maybe throw a first at us for him? Seems doubtful, but Raps threw a better first out there for Thad.

C’s bench is so thin, their tradable salaries so few, they are really looking to thread a needle and they must win now. His tiny $2.5MM salary might have been gold for a contender in their unique situation.

Was looking at salaries less than 6.2MM today that would fit into their trade exception. I didn’t see many that fit the bill of teams being likely to part with them + actually useful. Craig was one of the few.

Crap luck for us and obviously for Torrey.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#32 » by dougthonus » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:22 am

Wingy wrote:

Surprised how many aren’t considering this.

You wonder if a team like the Celtics might have gotten desperate and maybe throw a first at us for him? Seems doubtful, but Raps threw a better first out there for Thad.

C’s bench is so thin, their tradable salaries so few, they are really looking to thread a needle and they must win now. His tiny $2.5MM salary might have been gold for a contender in their unique situation.

Was looking at salaries less than 6.2MM today that would fit into their trade exception. I didn’t see many that fit the bill of teams being likely to part with them + actually useful. Craig was one of the few.

Crap luck for us and obviously for Torrey.

I guess maybe they'd still take a risk that he'd be set for the playoffs, but that's probably a stretch.
@doug_thonus on twitter
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,259

Post#33 » by HomoSapien » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:39 am

dougthonus wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Probably not, but if you found something where a team had an extra need and Torey Craig pushes a deal over the edge, it was a nice chip to have.

Like say the Lakers want Zach and give us Reeves, Rui, and DLo, but need a backup 4 now, Craig could have filled that without massively changing salary dynamics.

Unless the injury is going to keep him out longer than 10 weeks, I think he's still able to do what you're describing.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,134

Post#34 » by Jvaughn » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:18 am

prolific passer wrote:Soooo anybody out there they can sign or pick up from waivers that can start?

If Kenny Lofton is still available, he'd be the best value.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by prolific passer » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:44 am

Jvaughn wrote:
prolific passer wrote:Soooo anybody out there they can sign or pick up from waivers that can start?

If Kenny Lofton is still available, he'd be the best value.

Wouldn't hurt. Another young aggressive player that would help the bulls.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#36 » by Ctownbulls » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:06 pm

madvillian wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:That's fine. I like Craig, but this season is about the youth movement as much as possible. If that means growing pains for Terry and Phillips, then so be it. It would be great if at least one of the two step up in the next few weeks.

That's not to say Craig won't be missed, he will be, but this season should have never been about wins and losses, but progressing our young players and pushing them forward.

NGL, I kinda got a little excited when Pat and Terry were flying around on defense and transition for a minute last night. Terry is a mistake a minute but he does bring energy.

Agreed it was fun but Terry is a waste of young minutes. Hopefully, they get some young asset in return for Lavine that can replace the Terry minutes because I think we all know that Terry is not an NBA player (although I felt the same about Payne).
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#37 » by nekorajo » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:55 pm

Where is Javonte? I'm curious to see what Julian can do in the meantime.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,093

Post#38 » by Chi town » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:59 pm

Pat about to play 35mpg.

Terry and JP will get some burn too.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,427

Post#39 » by drosestruts » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:13 pm

Time to sink or swim Terry and/or Phillips.

Watched a great Warriors/Celtics game last night - Warriors played their rookie Trayce Jackson-Davis big minutes last night and he held his own and even made some big plays in the 4th and overtime.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,426

Post#40 » by jump » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:18 pm

Henry Drell, come on down. He's actually 6'9"

Return to Chicago Bulls