Image ImageImage Image

PG: Survived in San Antonio

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, Ice Man, dougthonus

RyanJamari
Junior
And1: 122

Re: PG: Survived in San Antonio 

Post#21 » by RyanJamari » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:21 am

Vuc with 24 points, 16 Rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocks. He hit the game sealing 3. One of his best games of the season. Where the Vuc haters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,374

Post#22 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:32 am

RastaBull wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Y'all do remember the Bulls played last night and got into SA at 1:30 a.m., right?

Road win in a brutal back to back. I don't care who they were playing. I will take it.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

It taking OT vs Hornets, then again vs Houston, then having to play a "clutch" game with Spurs ... doesn't look good to fans that want to focus on things that don't look good.

Yes, I agree, we should have put each of those games away and that's something you go to the drawing board and figure out why it didn't happen.

BUT ... winning in OT against any team is winning in OT. Winning in the final 5 minutes of a "clutch" game (on the road) against any team still counts as a win. And a "clutch" win at that.

That's why at end of season they throw up those team records: "who is best in OT," "who is best in clutch games". No one is parsing through those and debating "well yeah, but this game and this game shouldn't really count because it was this team or this team."

Props to the team in the win. Pulled out one that probably should have been easier, but there were a number of great, composed, and impressive plays to make sure they still secured the win!

Its true but any fan or analyst that looks at the team will point out the issues. Sure a W is a W. But fans that look down the road, want to see consistent high level play.

It's like the reverse Bucks. The Bucks actually look far worse than their record. And alot would argue. that they look pretty vulnerable when it comes to playoff time. Not having Jrue will most likely rear its head.
The Cult of Personality
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#23 » by FriedRise » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:36 am

Shout out to Ayo.

Read on Twitter

He's been hot/cold lately, need more consistency from him.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,374

Post#24 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:37 am

RyanJamari wrote:Vuc with 24 points, 16 Rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocks. He hit the game sealing 3. One of his best games of the season. Where the Vuc haters?

I think most are still here with their chest out.

Ive been a Vuc supporter but I still for the life of me HATE his game this year. This was by far his best performance but only in the second half. Then again, it was against a 3rd string 2K Create a player, so its not impressive.

When Vuc is on the low block actually punishing a team, then that is what we need. If he is floating on the outside all game and not hitting shots, he's worthless.

The only thing he clearly has props for is his passing and assists. Which is good and consistent.
The Cult of Personality
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Post#25 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:44 am

RyanJamari wrote:Vuc with 24 points, 16 Rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocks. He hit the game sealing 3. One of his best games of the season. Where the Vuc haters?

You obviously didn’t watch the game.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,927

Post#26 » by RSP83 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:50 am

FriedRise wrote:Shout out to Ayo.

Read on Twitter

He's been hot/cold lately, need more consistency from him.

Thank God for Good Ayo tonight. He's one of the reason we won the game.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,927

Post#27 » by RSP83 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:56 am

I love that 2011 Bulls team, but I've lost count how many times I cuss Boozer's name during that run.

Just put it like this, it's safe to say Vuc is more likely to get the Boozer treatment than the Taj Gibson treatment by the fanbase when it's all said and done.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,394

Post#28 » by Hangtime84 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:05 am

Jvaughn wrote:Thank goodness for Jeremy Sochan. If he's leading your team in FGA, a good chance you're not gonna win.

Just horrible
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,368

Post#29 » by kodo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:06 am

Board would have rioted if we lost to the Spurs without Wemby in the last few minutes and we ran nothing but Derozan iso's over & over again.
RyanJamari
Junior

Post#30 » by RyanJamari » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:20 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:

You obviously didn’t watch the game.

Unfortunately, I’ve watched every game. The point I’m trying to make is, the team plays better with Vuc on the floor. He is never going to be able to stay in front of guards on a consistent basis. Most centers in the NBA are not. Some of the defensive issues are lapses. However, if a team is running the same PNR 20 times in the game and scoring over and over it needs to be a coaching adjustment. He provided rim protection tonight, scoring, rebounding, and stretched the floor. Great game!!!

Ayo was good also when Coby went down.

This is a win after a back to back!!!! Let’s enjoy this!!!!

RyanJamari
Junior

Post#31 » by RyanJamari » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:25 am

RSP83 wrote:

I love that 2011 Bulls team, but I've lost count how many times I cuss Boozer's name during that run.

Just put it like this, it's safe to say Vuc is more likely to get the Boozer treatment than the Taj Gibson treatment by the fanbase when it's all said and done.

I agree. Vuc is what he is. I’m happy he got 3 blocks tonight. I would think at 7 foot he would average at least 1 a game. He needs to hit a few more of those post up he had to.

RyanJamari
Junior

Post#32 » by RyanJamari » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:32 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:

I think most are still here with their chest out.

Ive been a Vuc supporter but I still for the life of me HATE his game this year. This was by far his best performance but only in the second half. Then again, it was against a 3rd string 2K Create a player, so its not impressive.

When Vuc is on the low block actually punishing a team, then that is what we need. If he is floating on the outside all game and not hitting shots, he's worthless.

The only thing he clearly has props for is his passing and assists. Which is good and consistent.

For sure, He has missed a lot of layups and open 3s this year. Concerning the Spurs they are still NBA players, Bulls coming off a back to back away, and Vuc coming off an injury. Nothing is guaranteed in the League. Happy they won!! 3 games below 500 and trending in the right direction.

Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,593

Post#33 » by Ccwatercraft » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:50 am

Overall enjoyable, some ups and downs, happy with Ayo's overall performance, I hope his shoulder is ok

Caruso is a nut on defense. (Don't you have to establish yourself inbounds first before touching the ball?

Zach is playing well, Carter played solid for 20 minutes

Bulls win hawks lose magic lose, that's nice.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,242

Post#34 » by Red8911 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:48 am

Why do some of you think the Bulls should be blowing out teams? Just be happy they won. Bad teams don’t get blown out every game, most of the games are usually close but loss at the end.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,935

Post#35 » by nomorezorro » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:18 am

has anyone heard/read anything recently about the work of peter patton? curious about how much credit he deserves for caruso/coby/demar all having something of a career year as 3pt shooters at the same time
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,181

Post#36 » by MrSparkle » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:23 am

When Ayo’s scoring is on, he looks like a championship piece. Most the time he’s off. If he can get that consistency up every game in the next 2 years, call me nuts but I think he has fringe star potential.

Thing is, he’s got a unique combo of wingspan for switching, rebounding and finishing, PG capable handles/passes, foot speed (especially on the straight-line sprint)… jack of all trades.

I know college doesn’t translate much, but he showed a lot of scoring touch and handles at U of I. Could be a Trenton Hassell kind of a career, but I dunno- if the Coby handles training works out for Ayo, there’s some unexpected ceiling. Main thing is he’s not an on-ball threat, but neither was Coby for most of the past few seasons.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,512

Post#37 » by ImSlower » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:55 am

I will always, always be happy with a Bulls win. But... that was not a good win. Whoof. Surely, surely this front office understands how hopeless this roster is.

I'm imagining Alex Caruso time-travelling back to our Rose/Noah/Deng roster and just imagining how perfect he would have been on that squad. Damn. Just imagine that defense.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#38 » by NecessaryEvil » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:27 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 468

Post#39 » by step » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:34 am

Do we dare burst your bubble and point out the obvious?
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,740

Post#40 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:34 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Caruso is having such a great year. He should be on his way to making his 2nd career all-defensive team, but his increased efficiency has been fantastic. Especially from three, last year on 2.3 attempts, 36% shooting, this year it's up to 4 attempts shooting 41%.

Just an awesome player.

Return to Chicago Bulls