Image ImageImage Image

PG Buls vs Raptors: Miserable 2nd half, Bulls outcoached AGAIN!

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, Ice Man, dougthonus

Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Re: PG Buls vs Raptors: Miserable 2nd half, Bulls outcoached AGAIN! 

Post#21 » by Muzbar » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:31 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:The day Vuc is no longer a Bull is the day I do joyous back flips.

That'll be in about 2 ½ years... :banghead:
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,869

Post#22 » by DuckIII » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:34 am

Red8911 wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Silvi barely watches the bulls, his show is always mostly bears but when talking bulls for 5 minutes all he wants to do is blow things up. I don’t care what he says or thinks.

Unfortunately 5 minutes is all one needs here to reach the right conclusion.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,368

Post#23 » by kodo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:35 am

Muzbar wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:The day Vuc is no longer a Bull is the day I do joyous back flips.

Don't count out AK extending him again...
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#24 » by Muzbar » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:37 am

kodo wrote:
Muzbar wrote:

Don't count out AK extending him again...

I-I actually didn't think of that very possible possibility.

:-x
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#25 » by nekorajo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:40 am

Return quickly Torrey Craig. This team needs you.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,780

Post#26 » by Jeffster81 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:50 am

Red8911 wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Silvi barely watches the bulls, his show is always mostly bears but when talking bulls for 5 minutes all he wants to do is blow things up. I don’t care what he says or thinks.

But he's not wrong.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#27 » by 2weekswithpay » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:17 am

This team was below average offensively at full strength. With Zach and Pat out there isn't enough shooting out there to threaten a well coached defense. The Bulls had 16 fastbreak points in the first half that covered up how much the team struggled in the half-court.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,092
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#28 » by Clint Eastwood » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:18 am

Apathy
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,121

Post#29 » by Dominator83 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:24 am

Jeffster81 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

But he's not wrong.

He used to talk about the Bulls all the time. Especially during the Thibs years but even well after that a big portion of the show was Bulls talk. What's happened there is what's happened to this board. They've been so irrelevant for so long and have nothing to look forward to for the foreseeable future = Alot less enthusiasm to talk about.

The Bears on the other hand, atleast have a lot going on right now to atleast give us hope. It's probably false hope, but still.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,927

Post#30 » by RSP83 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:55 am

to AKME, this team cannot sustain, not even sustainable to break play-in tier.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#31 » by Wingy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:19 pm

Vuc was ON FIRE from 3!! 14 pts against that lineup is so Vuc. Had one of his really good games against them last time. Remember? People were saying he’s not that bad!! Well, Earvin Thadgic Johnson was ready for him this time. His pre-big trades DNP-CDing ass played Vuc to a stand still this time.

Nice, aggressive game from Ayo who was actually on fire.

I was fading in and out for this one, and was surprised DeMar’s shooting ended up as good as it did. Missed the end, but he looked pretty old in this one. I guess the 0 for threes and 5 TOs showed it.

This team is so bleck. Please make sure you hold highest value ever Caruso cause this team’s going places.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#32 » by Wingy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:20 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pull the problem out by the root:

SELL THE TEAM!!! SELL THE TEAM!!!
Wingy
RealGM

Post#33 » by Wingy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:06 pm

nekorajo wrote:Return quickly Torrey Craig. This team needs you.

Hell NO!

Don’t jeopardize the rest of your career and long term health for this mediocre at best playin at best turd, Torrey.

If he’s truly medically ready, sure. But absolutely no way in hell should that guy be pushing it for this team.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,773

Post#34 » by Ice Man » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:09 pm

As usual, I will play devil's advocate. Not on purpose, but because I am the devil, so this is therefore what I believe.

1) The Bulls are 18-12 over their past 30 games, which is 49 win pace.

2) It would be generous to say that this team's roster is of 49-win quality.

So while its coach may make some bad decisions, it's strange to see arguments about how much better this team would be with a different coach. Without Billy, the Bulls would have won 20 or 21 games? Been at 55 or 57 win pace? Is that really the claim?
ChiefILL53
Starter
And1: 843

Post#35 » by ChiefILL53 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:14 pm

so you're telling me its fine that i havent watched since the magic game (maybe like 1 or 2 games) and I'm not missing anything? I'm really waiting to see if AKME do anything at the trade deadline but I doubt they will so I've essentially punted on this team.
jc23 wrote:Goran + Lonzo + Zach = the Dragon Ball Z line up.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,697

Post#36 » by sco » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:41 pm

Meh, we're down 2 key guys and our other guys are either running out of gas from overplaying (esp Caruso and Demar) or are non-rotation level guys. I like that we expect better, but it's not realistic at this juncture.

I know many want change for change's sake, but I'd be happy if somehow we can either reintegrate Zach as someone who we want to be here and wants to be here or we can turn him into a good young player and a pick.
:clap:
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,485

Post#37 » by coldfish » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:32 pm

I watched the game for two sections last night. One Chicago was in control and I flicked it off. I turned it back on mid 4th quarter and they were down 10. The 4th quarter was just a train wreck and the opposing coach was just blitzing Derozan with no corresponding reaction from Chicago.

We can point to the injuries but that game last night was terrible. 2 of the mid 3 were playing with Coby, Ayo and Caruso and they laid a total egg.

At this point, its no longer on AKME. If Michael Reinsdorf is watching this and thinking "this is fine" he has a serious mental issue.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#38 » by Wingy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:42 pm

coldfish wrote:I watched the game for two sections last night. One Chicago was in control and I flicked it off. I turned it back on mid 4th quarter and they were down 10. The 4th quarter was just a train wreck and the opposing coach was just blitzing Derozan with no corresponding reaction from Chicago.

We can point to the injuries but that game last night was terrible. 2 of the mid 3 were playing with Coby, Ayo and Caruso and they laid a total egg.

At this point, its no longer on AKME. If Michael Reinsdorf is watching this and thinking "this is fine" he has a serious mental issue.

Blitzing DeMar has worked since the first year this team was assembled and Lonzo was already lost.

No ability to respond. Part coaching, part players. Folks can’t even blame Zach’s poor feel and IQ for this one.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,430

Post#39 » by drosestruts » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:48 pm

There was a lot going on in this game that I think is getting distilled down to, and over simplified to - mid 3 bad.

1. Vuc does suck. Everyone's right about that. On top of being bad, he is just frustrating to watch play

2. I really thought DeMar was going to carry us to a win in that 4th quarter. After that vintage DeRozan dunk on Bruce Brown he just had that look of a guy who was going to will this team to victory. And he tried, he also got absolutely nothing from anybody else on this roster. They very predictably started aggressively doubling and trapping DeRozan pretty much right as he crossed half court. I see multiple comments in the game thread and here of "DeRozan needs to learn to pass" - but as Stacye pointed out multiple times during the game, no one is coming to DeRozan and making themselves available. There's Brown and Young trapping DeRozan, than Schroder playing like a free safety all between DeRozan and the next closest Bull.

3. They did make an adjustment WAY too late to have Coby set screens for DeMar instead of Vuc. Vuc who does his typical slip screen soft nonsense then rolls away from DeMar when everyone in the UC and watching at home knows it's the 4th quarter and the opposing team is going to double and trap DeMar.

4. Coby has improved a lot, but he is not ready to lead a team.

5. Five guys out with injuries on a 14-man roster is brutal.

6. Good games from DeMar and Ayo. Everyone else was meh to bad in my eyes. DeRozan scored 13 points in the 4th quarter. The rest of the team combined contributed 5 and were a combined 1-7 from the field. There's a real chicken or the egg thing here and has been for years - I'm of the view that we run DeMar iso's so much in the 4th because it's the only thing that works as defenses tighten up. Everyone else disappears. Other think everyone else disappears because DeMar ball hogs in the 4th. If not for DeMar, our 4th quarters would look a lot worse.

7. DeMar is top-25 in Win Shares and has the second highest Win Shares of all Small-Forwards.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,318

Post#40 » by R3AL1TY » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:49 pm

The team will stay between being mediocre and trash if they don't have a superstar or couple young all-stars to build around.

Return to Chicago Bulls