Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Trade Rumors Only

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 853

Re: Bulls Trade Rumors Only 

Post#21 » by Bullflip » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:31 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
I'm not a fan of tanking, especially since it feels like we're starting over so often. But I'd rather bottom out than be stuck in play-in territory with an aging core.

Let's bottom out, and just feature Coby, Ayo, Williams, Terry, and Phillips.

I'd rather maintain the roster, mediocre or not, and make the play-in. Nothing develops a player faster than winning. Just like nothing stunts a players growth faster than losing.

Normally I'd agree, but we've essentially been the same team for three years. We've squeezed everything out of this unit. Coby and Ayo are improving and DDR has been part of that, but at some point you have to make changes. If we don't do this now, we're going to corner ourselves into resigning DeRozan and running it back with this crew for another two years. This group just hasn't earned that type of longevity.

Agree with this take. As long as Derozan is here, Coby will defer to him. I appreciate what Derozan has done here, but it is time for Coby to take the lead and see what we got in him. With Derozan gone, we can hopefully see a more aggressive Pat at the SF position as well
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,708

Post#22 » by BullChit » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:32 pm

Charlesareed wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looks like bulls have dance partners for DDR AD AC but not for Vuc :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hard to find somebody interested in a dance partner with sledgehammer for feet...
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,857

Post#23 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:38 pm

Some of this interest for DeMar doesn't make sense. A lot of those teams need SHOOTING, not an isolation mid-range player. It really goes to show how BAD Zach's reputation as not a winning player has ruined his reputation. Whereas DeMar and his time with the Raptors is still following him as a high impact player. But you also have to give it to him, he is a great team player and a good leader, so there is that too. Zach doesn't exactly have the reputation of being a great teammate (though I'm not implying he is a bad one).
Why so serious?
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,368

Post#24 » by kodo » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:41 pm

I doubt any of those teams are actually interested in Derozan. People just making stuff up this time of the season.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#25 » by Muzbar » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:44 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

Or just deeper, darker darkness. That's the far more likely scenario...

I'm not a fan of tanking, especially since it feels like we're starting over so often. But I'd rather bottom out than be stuck in play-in territory with an aging core.

I'd rather maintain the roster, mediocre or not, and make the play-in. Nothing develops a player faster than winning. Just like nothing stunts a players growth faster than losing.

You'd rather 'maybe' make the play-in with an aging roster, minimal assets and no real path for improving long term?

The team hasn't done anything to improve the last 2-3 years either short or long term other than 'hoping' players improve or come back from injury.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're finding enjoyment in the team, that's great! But this isn't a team that has made noise in the playoffs the last few years and is just struggling with injuries or whatever, this team has struggled to make the playoffs each year its been together, even their first year they almost fell into the play-in.

Changes need to be made, one way or another.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,708

Post#26 » by BullChit » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:02 am

Muzbar wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

You'd rather 'maybe' make the play-in with an aging roster, minimal assets and no real path for improving long term?

The team hasn't done anything to improve the last 2-3 years either short or long term other than 'hoping' players improve or come back from injury.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're finding enjoyment in the team, that's great! But this isn't a team that has made noise in the playoffs the last few years and is just struggling with injuries or whatever, this team has struggled to make the playoffs each year its been together, even their first year they almost fell into the play-in.

Call it a rebuild, call it a re-tool but for the love of God don't call it continuity!!
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,211

Post#27 » by League Circles » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:08 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Chi town wrote:I will dance in the streets if DDR gets traded.

Should add Drummond and get a solid 1st.

Make the new core to build with sink or swim. Coby Pat Ayo would have to carry us. If they don’t we get a good pick.

I do wonder how many 1st round picks we'd be able to get from Philly if we traded them DeRozan, Caruso, and Drummond. We'd basically be gifting them a championship if Embiid returns. They also have the salaries to absorb both DeRozan and Vuc.

Framework for two possible deals:

DeRozan, Vuc, and Taylor or Craig for draft capital, Marcus Morris, Batum, Covington, and Paul Reed

or

DeRozan, Caruso, and Drummond for draft capital, Morris, Covington, and Batum

We're giving up a lot of talent and really positioning Philly well here. I would look for like 5 future picks in this scenario, even if they are spread out over the next 15 years.

No way do I give up Caruso for nothing. The next couple of picks are gonna be end of first round which are outright bad assets IMO (guaranteed deals for most likely non NBA caliber players). Philly looks to have huge cap space coming up and they might be able to out together a dynasty type roster if Embiid can stay somewhat healthy.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Post#28 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:34 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

Or just deeper, darker darkness. That's the far more likely scenario...

We don’t have enough players worth developing right now. 4 at most and non of them are superstar talents. Coby being the only showing all-star potential.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#29 » by _txchilibowl_ » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:38 am

Muzbar wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

It's not that I'm really enjoying this team. Though I do like that they're competitive. It's that I think being competitive has been a key component to the development of the players who may still be here when we are finally good again.

On top of that, nobody has suggested a real plan. Being bad and acquiring mid-round draft picks in mediocre trades is not a path to success. The Bulls should be working on the fringes to acquire those kind of assets, flipping non-critical players like Drummond. By all accounts DeRozan and Caruso are the team leaders and the players everyone looks up to and respects. You remove that from the team and I worry the ship becomes completely rudderless.

I realize my position is in the minority. I also realize that "continuity" has become a four-letter word around here. But I believe in the power of stability. I believe in creating a culture of competition. A culture of trying to win. Every time we rebuild this roster our chances of becoming a free agent destination are reduced severely.

The Chicago Bulls have been a laughing stock organization for far too long. Being a team that competes and actively tries to win is the only way to change that reputation.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#30 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:38 am

kulaz3000 wrote:Some of this interest for DeMar doesn't make sense. A lot of those teams need SHOOTING, not an isolation mid-range player. It really goes to show how BAD Zach's reputation as not a winning player has ruined his reputation. Whereas DeMar and his time with the Raptors is still following him as a high impact player. But you also have to give it to him, he is a great team player and a good leader, so there is that too. Zach doesn't exactly have the reputation of being a great teammate (though I'm not implying he is a bad one).

DeRozan’s reputation was on the toilet when Bulls traded for him. Lower than Zach for sure. It was widely considered one of the worst moves of that off-season by the media . His play here including 2 all-star appearances and making All-NBA once is why he is respected again.
_txchilibowl_
Starter

Post#31 » by _txchilibowl_ » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:40 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

We don’t have enough players worth developing right now. 4 at most and non of them are superstar talents. Coby probably the only all-star.

I would venture to say that you can't adequately develop more than four players at once. To develop, you need minutes and you also need the threat of those minutes being taken away. You strip this team down to the studs and it's a free-for-all.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,430

Post#32 » by drosestruts » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:40 am

kulaz3000 wrote:Some of this interest for DeMar doesn't make sense. A lot of those teams need SHOOTING, not an isolation mid-range player. It really goes to show how BAD Zach's reputation as not a winning player has ruined his reputation. Whereas DeMar and his time with the Raptors is still following him as a high impact player. But you also have to give it to him, he is a great team player and a good leader, so there is that too. Zach doesn't exactly have the reputation of being a great teammate (though I'm not implying he is a bad one).

Interest in DeMar makes perfect sense. Teams want players that score effeciently. DeMar does that, albiet a bit unconventionally.

21 points on 59.5% TS% in the past month. Those are good numbers.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#33 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:40 am

Please trade DDR. It will definitely makes us worse, but it’s time to move on.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#34 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:44 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

We don’t have enough players worth developing right now. 4 at most and non of them are superstar talents. Coby probably the only all-star.

I would venture to say that you can't adequately develop more than four players at once. To develop, you need minutes and you also need the threat of those minutes being taken away. You strip this team down to the studs and it's a free-for-all.

I’m not saying trade everyone. I think DeMar being traded needs to happen though. We’ll still likely have Zach, Vuc(no one wants him) and Caruso(we want a lot) to start next season. We can’t bring back all of the Mid 3.
_txchilibowl_
Starter

Post#35 » by _txchilibowl_ » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:47 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

I’m not saying trade everyone. I think DeMar being traded needs to happen though. We’ll still likely have Zach, Vuc(no one wants him) and Caruso(we want a lot) to start next season. We can’t bring back all of the Mid 3.

If that's the path they decide to go down I hope they do it in the offseason. Might as well try to win what we can this season. Apparently nobody values our players this season anyway so there's not much to lose by waiting it out.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,944

Post#36 » by ChettheJet » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:47 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

See now those are at least rumors.

Some around here forfeit the right to be taken seriously because somebody starts a topic to collect rumors and all some of you can do is post the same complaints and false fantasy predictions that you do on every thread. You contribute nothing to the topic of rumors and just hammer the same bent nail over and over.
MikeDC
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#37 » by MikeDC » Wed Feb 7, 2024 1:01 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

It's not that I'm really enjoying this team. Though I do like that they're competitive. It's that I think being competitive has been a key component to the development of the players who may still be here when we are finally good again.

On top of that, nobody has suggested a real plan. Being bad and acquiring mid-round draft picks in mediocre trades is not a path to success. The Bulls should be working on the fringes to acquire those kind of assets, flipping non-critical players like Drummond. By all accounts DeRozan and Caruso are the team leaders and the players everyone looks up to and respects. You remove that from the team and I worry the ship becomes completely rudderless.

I realize my position is in the minority. I also realize that "continuity" has become a four-letter word around here. But I believe in the power of stability. I believe in creating a culture of competition. A culture of trying to win. Every time we rebuild this roster our chances of becoming a free agent destination are reduced severely.

The Chicago Bulls have been a laughing stock organization for far too long. Being a team that competes and actively tries to win is the only way to change that reputation.

Getting as bad as we can like so many people want to do is going to extend our irrelevancy at least another 5 years
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,926

Post#38 » by RSP83 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 1:07 am

Read on Twitter

There's still 48 hours. Hopefully some teams pay up.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#39 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 1:12 am

MikeDC wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
Muzbar wrote:You'd rather 'maybe' make the play-in with an aging roster, minimal assets and no real path for improving long term?

Getting as bad as we can like so many people want to do is going to extend our irrelevancy at least another 5 years

How do you see our irrelevancy ending right now? I see no end to it. DeRozan and Vuc will only get older and worse. Maybe just in time for Ayo and Williams to be good enough to keep us at play-in status. I think Coby will be an all-star, but one lower middle tier all-star not enough to be good these days.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#40 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 1:13 am

RSP83 wrote:
Read on Twitter

There's still 48 hours. Hopefully some teams pay up.

No team is giving us 3 or even 2 1st round picks for Caruso.

Return to Chicago Bulls