Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024 3.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,710

Re: Bears 2024 3.0 

Post#21 » by fleet » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:54 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
fleet wrote:The effs he talking about wind? There is no wind. Except for him

But it’s Peter King. He’s super credible and would never put that credibility on the line if he had heard nothing right?

Read on Twitter

Gabriel is definitely taking liberties with what King said
MissileMike
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#22 » by MissileMike » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:56 pm

In other news, and as expected, you can take Higgins off the board as a WR target.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,710

Post#23 » by fleet » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:56 pm

IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,077

Post#24 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:15 pm

The gap between Williams and Maye is getting smaller for me. Not because of this video though :lol:
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,954

Post#25 » by biggestbullsfan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:22 pm

fleet wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:But it’s Peter King. He’s super credible and would never put that credibility on the line if he had heard nothing right?

Read on Twitter

Gabriel is definitely taking liberties with what King said

To be fair, I don’t think what Peter said is likely to happen. But I also don’t think it means nothing. I’m sure the Bears are probably considering every option and he’s most likely heard they are putting out feelers. Though I doubt a team is offering a kings ransom for the first pick that makes sense for us.

Read on Twitter
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#26 » by Betta Bulleavit » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:39 pm

I completely believe that King has heard things that make him feel like that’s the way that the wind is blowing. However, that doesn’t mean that what he’s head is accurate. I think this is the case with most information that’s put out there. I don’t doubt what the insiders have heard. I doubt how accurate what they’ve heard actually is.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#27 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:53 pm

Peter King is wrong a lot. That’s not even worth discussing.

Him calling this shot in his last article without decent intel is pretty bold, if that were the case. Maybe it is.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#28 » by heir_jordan22 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:57 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:I completely believe that King has heard things that make him feel like that’s the way that the wind is blowing. However, that doesn’t mean that what he’s head is accurate. I think this is the case with most information that’s put out there. I don’t doubt what the insiders have heard. I doubt how accurate what they’ve heard actually is.

The most anyone actually heard until now is that "teams were inquiring about Justin Fields at the Senior Bowl." Not that the Bears were engaged in trade talks. Then some random guy on twitter said the Giants made an offer for Fields.

There hasn't been a single non-speculative report on which way the Bears are leaning. That has done nothing but boosted the trade value of both Fields and the no. 1 pick.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#29 » by Susan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:04 pm

fleet wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
fleet wrote:The effs he talking about wind? There is no wind. Except for him

But it’s Peter King. He’s super credible and would never put that credibility on the line if he had heard nothing right?

That’s true. It’s Biggs wind V King wind. But the Biggs wind was definitely blowing that we could see.

Biggs hasn't gotten anything from the Bears FO - everything has been "the other GMs tell me that this is what we absolutely would have to do if we were in the Bears situation right now".

Massive difference.

Poles has a pricetag on the pick and teams know they're going to have to come to this week correct to get it.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 618

Post#30 » by Almost Retired » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:04 pm

MissileMike wrote:In other news, and as expected, you can take Higgins off the board as a WR target.

I always figured he'd get Franchise tagged.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#31 » by Betta Bulleavit » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:07 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Peter King is wrong a lot. That’s not even worth discussing.

Him calling this shot in his last article without decent intel is pretty bold, if that were the case. Maybe it is.

In fairness, they’re all wrong a lot. Which is why I implore people to not dive all in on one person’s perspective or sources one way or the other. Given where we’re at in proximity of the combine, the rumors are about to get wild. They always do and that may be even more intensified this year.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#32 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:19 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Peter King is wrong a lot. That’s not even worth discussing.

In fairness, they’re all wrong a lot. Which is why I implore people to not dive all in on one person’s perspective or sources one way or the other. Given where we’re at in proximity of the combine, the rumors are about to get wild. They always do and that may be even more intensified this year.

Absolutely.

He is certainly zigging here when everyone else has been zagging over the last month. For him to do that on his last article to me is a bit wild. Either he really knows something others don’t, or he just doesn’t really care if he’s off.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,960

Post#33 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:24 pm

JockItch43 wrote:“I know nothing, but that seems to be the way the wind is blowing”

WTF is that supposed to mean?

King is speculating for sure but hes doing it based on the fact that he spoke with Poles last year about the draft and he wanted to trade down twice but It fell through. Its solid reasoning because with the success Poles had in trading down last year, you have to believe he is at least gonna explore that possibility all the way to the end .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 618

Post#34 » by Almost Retired » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:28 pm

If we keep #1 for Caleb I would want Poles to trade down from #9. Even if Odunze is still on the Board. Xavier Leggett might last until the top of the 2nd Round. 6'3". 227 lbs. 4.29 40 yard dash. Awesome catch radius. Exceptional hands. I see Deebo Samuel comparisons. Needs refinement but I think he translates at the next level. I'd rather have him plus Jackson Powers-Johnson as the result of a trade down than have Odunze. Not because I don't believe in Odunze. But the combo of talent we might get in return would be worth the risk.

Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#35 » by Betta Bulleavit » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:30 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:

Absolutely.

He is certainly zigging here when everyone else has been zagging over the last month. For him to do that on his last article to me is a bit wild. Either he really knows something others don’t, or he just doesn’t really care if he’s off.

Yeah, there’s quite a bit of CYA going on here as well. He led with “I know nothing”. That’s the first layer of protection. The next is the “the way the wind is blowing”. Of course, we all know that the way that the wind blows from one day to the next can change dramatically. So that’s two layers of disclaimers that leaves the door wide open for him to be professionally wrong.

With that said, had he not heard anything from someone that he thought was credible, he likely would not have bothered putting it out there at all. Especially citing specifics in the process. So for me, it’s not whether or not he heard something. Just whether or not that something is accurate.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,758

Post#36 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:38 pm

molepharmer wrote:Or.... this is NFL Combine week and so there'll be plenty of rumors and speculation. You won't get much press or hits if you spout what over 80% of the country expects will happen. If it ain't different, it's not news.

This was the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,758

Post#37 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:47 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:

Absolutely.

Me thinks he heard something in the wind... but I think it is going out with a splash and he has nothing to lose. As mentioned this wasn't his lead either.

Poles has been pretty good at holding his cards. Pretty sure he is only giving up something if it beneficial for his smokescreen.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#38 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:14 pm

Imagine being regarded a Mahommes level talent and being traded.

I don’t see it happening

Read on Twitter

Cmon now.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#39 » by Susan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:20 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:In fairness, they’re all wrong a lot. Which is why I implore people to not dive all in on one person’s perspective or sources one way or the other. Given where we’re at in proximity of the combine, the rumors are about to get wild. They always do and that may be even more intensified this year.

Absolutely.

Me thinks he heard something in the wind... but I think it is going out with a splash and he has nothing to lose. As mentioned this wasn't his lead either.

Poles has been pretty good at holding his cards. Pretty sure he is only giving up something if it beneficial for his smokescreen.

Just something to make sure that teams know to hit Poles up if they wanna play the game and possibly pay up for Caleb or Maye.

Helps clarify what they meant when talking about "historic". Poles trading back twice would be aligned with what he tried to do last year.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,968
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#40 » by MalagaBulls » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:20 pm

I'd be down with this:

Read on Twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls