Image ImageImage Image

Your offseason plans for the Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,246

Re: Your offseason plans for the Bulls 

Post#21 » by HomoSapien » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:29 pm

A lot of people have covered some changes we absolutely need to make, but for me an easy one to address is this: We need more size. Even if Patrick Williams is healthy, his size doesn’t do much since he’s such a soft rebounder. I’m tired of seeing guys like DeRozan and Caruso at the four. I also think that this exacerbates Vuc’s weaknesses. Why are we forcing a flawed defender to be the only rim protecter and rebounder? I want someone that’s 6’10” at the 4. Is that allowed?

Green played wonderful, but I’m worried we’ll bring him back and let Torrey Craig go and somehow become even smaller.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
PistolP
Analyst
And1: 337

Post#22 » by PistolP » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:44 pm

I’m assuming AK is just going to trade Lavine for whatever the best offer they get and call it a day.

I absolutely think we need to break up the Mid-3 but I think Vuc should be the one shown the door. Bring back Drummond, try to get another defensive, rim running C via trade/draft, add some more shooting on the bench, and make a modern roster built on perimeter offense that can actually guard a PnR.
PistolP
Analyst
And1: 337

Post#23 » by PistolP » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:59 pm

This is the plan per KC
Multiple outlets, including NBC Sports Chicago, reported previously that trading Zach LaVine remains an offseason focus. Karnišovas reiterated his desire to re-sign DeMar DeRozan and Patrick Williams.

A source said the Bulls recently offered DeRozan’s representative a two-year deal at a high annual salary, perhaps as much as $40 million per season. For now, DeRozan is seeking a longer-term deal, but that merely be part of negotiations.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,933

Post#24 » by nomorezorro » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:16 pm

+ trade caruso for draft assets/young players with upside who aren't sub-6'5" guards
+ trade lavine only if you can get something with at least plausible upside in return for him; don't dump him just to dump him if there's 0 market for him. i don't buy that his value can't be rehabbed if necessary.
+ do whatever it takes to get rid of vucevic. return unimportant.
+ explore s+t options for demar, but re-sign him if there's no interest or the offers stink
+ offer pat williams a mle-level extension. invite him to find a better contract if he doesn't like it. let him walk if he can find a deal that's better than like, $15m aav
+ re-sign javonte
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,712

Post#25 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:16 pm

Reset it all for the chance at one of Cooper Flagg, or Ace Bailey. But I don't see that happening.

Not much different than op but I guess.

Demar will be re-signed
LaVine will be traded. Bulls won't get much in return. I guess it'll be the Lakers. Something around Rui.
Pat re-signed to a deal similar to Coby's in terms of years. A bit higher in salary. In the $15m-18.5m range.
New back up center. I would look to sign Goga Bitadze. He looked good as a starter for Orlando when WCJ was out early in the season.
Javonte re-signed.
Sign a vet min shooter(S). Matt Ryan/Evan Fournier

Coby, Carter, Lonzo??
Ayo, Caruso
Demar, Green, Terry
Pat, Rui, Phillips
Vuc, Goga
*insert rookie(Knecht?) and a vet min shooter.

Yea I know. Fun times.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,499

Post#26 » by jnrjr79 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:13 pm

PistolP wrote:This is the plan per KC
Multiple outlets, including NBC Sports Chicago, reported previously that trading Zach LaVine remains an offseason focus. Karnišovas reiterated his desire to re-sign DeMar DeRozan and Patrick Williams.

A source said the Bulls recently offered DeRozan’s representative a two-year deal at a high annual salary, perhaps as much as $40 million per season. For now, DeRozan is seeking a longer-term deal, but that merely be part of negotiations.

If they’re willing to re-sign DeMar at $40M, and intending to re-sign Pat, and AK’s statement that the luxury tax would be if the Bulls were a top seed is accurate, then that basically means you would absolutely have to trade Zach into someone’s cap space for very little salary back, because you can’t do the DeMar and Pat deals while keeping Zach-ish salary on the books without going well into the tax.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,081

Post#27 » by Chi town » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:27 pm

AK at Risacher Salaun game last month.

https://youtu.be/VLt4g_kQT2E?si=-AcBpTfRtLN8RKQi
Chi town
RealGM

Post#28 » by Chi town » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:39 pm

We all know it will be Zach and the 11th pick for Trae and Griffin so AK can talk about the shooting profile.

No way DDR resigns to have all his shots taken by Trae though. If either are on this team next year I won’t watch. Same old crap. Trae is a loser and always hurt. Doesn’t compete on D. DDR aging and declining.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,445

Post#29 » by 2weekswithpay » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:41 pm

Chi town wrote:We all know it will be Zach and the 11th pick for Trae and Griffin so AK can talk about the shooting profile.

No way DDR resigns to have all his shots taken by Trae though. If either are on this team next year I won’t watch. Same old crap. Trae is a loser and always hurt. Doesn’t compete on D. DDR aging and declining.

Why would the Hawks agree to this?
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,322

Post#30 » by Mbrahv0528 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:08 pm

Chi town wrote:We all know it will be Zach and the 11th pick for Trae and Griffin so AK can talk about the shooting profile.

Who is we?

Sent from my SM-S928U using RealGM mobile app
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#31 » by Muzbar » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:34 pm

DDR at 40m would be terrible. So I fully expect it to happen.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by jnrjr79 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:38 pm

2weekswithpay wrote:

Are you serious? Zach LaVine is better than Trae Young and they get the 11th pick? Why would the Bulls agree to this?
Chi town
RealGM

Post#33 » by Chi town » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:54 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
2weekswithpay wrote:

Are you serious? Zach LaVine is better than Trae Young and they get the 11th pick? Why would the Bulls agree to this?

Trae Young is a loser. No defense. Much life DDR his flopping is no longer getting him FTs. Doesn’t seem like his teammates like to play with him either.

AK will sell shot profile with Trae and Griffin who left the team for “personal reasons” for weeks when he got benched. Trae is hurt a lot too.

Hawks will do this deal because Murray and Lavine are way better than Trae and Lavine is right with Murray
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,427

Post#34 » by coldfish » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:05 am

HomoSapien wrote:
coldfish wrote:What many of us want to do and what the Bulls will actually do are so different that its hard to have a discussion. As such, I would ask everyone to post two scenarios: What you think the Bulls will do and what you would do

What I think the Bulls will do:
- Resign Demar to a big contract
- Resign Pat to an oversized deal
- Trade Lavine for salary relief
- Take some random dude in the draft who no one likes but ends up being "meh"
- Retain Donovan
- Use whatever money is left to get a vet with the MLE

What I think the Bulls should do:
- Let Demar go. S&T him so you get the trade exception.
- Sign Pat to a deal no more than roughly $16m per year. If he gets offers for significantly more than that, sign and trade
- Trade Lavine for the best young players you can get, even if it means taking on salary
- Take some random dude in the draft who no one likes but ends up being "meh"
- Retain Donovan
- Retain Javonte Green
- Use whatever money is left to sign younger free agents who have longer windows
- Trade Vucevic for whatever you can get
- Trade Caruso for the best 1st round picks you can get

I don’t understand this. You WANT them to draft someone random who is meh?

Lol. That was kind of tongue in cheek. Obviously I want them to draft a superstar but at #11, the guy is far more likely to be some random dude who turns out rather average at best.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 661

Post#35 » by Rose2Boozer » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:16 am

AKME
- DDR will request sign and trade
- No market for Lavine's contract
- Lonzo limbo
- Williams sign QO
- Cashes in Caruso for first round pick
- Draft Holland and Ware

R2B
- DDR sign and trade to the Sixers
- Package Blazers pick to move Lonzo to Hornets or Stretch
- Trade Caruso to the Sixers for a first and two second round picks
- Williams sign QO
- Draft Smith and Pate
- Resign Drummond
ROLES & HOLES
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by jnrjr79 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:39 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:AKME
- DDR will request sign and trade
- Lonzo limbo
- Williams sign QO
- Cashes in Caruso for first round pick
- Draft Holland and Ware

R2B
- DDR sign and trade to the Sixers
- Package Blazers pick to move Lonzo to Hornets or Stretch
- Trade Caruso to the Sixers for a first and two second round picks
- Williams sign QO
- Draft Smith and Pate
- Resign Drummond

Fine with most of this, but there is zero point to add a pick to Lonzo or stretch him when you’re heading into the last year of his deal.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#37 » by NecessaryEvil » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:04 am

* Vooch and Zach both have two yrs left. Move them for the best value possible. As soon as possible.

* Drummond and DeMar are both coming off the books. Re-sign Andre to a team friendly deal. Don’t re-sign DeMar.

* Caruso has one year left. Trade him for a first round pick (multiple chances in 2025.

* Re-Sign Patrick Williams w/o overpaying.

* Hope and pray to fall in the top 4 picks in the 2024 draft.

* Stealth tank for 2025 draft (Cooper Flagg).

I’d start there.

C Drummond
F Williams
F Terry
G Dosunmu
G White

Reserves : Caruso, Carter, Craig, 24 frp, Ball etc.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,390

Post#38 » by Hangtime84 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:42 am

Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,205

Post#39 » by League Circles » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:48 am

jnrjr79 wrote:

If they’re willing to re-sign DeMar at $40M, and intending to re-sign Pat, and AK’s statement that the luxury tax would be if the Bulls were a top seed is accurate, then that basically means you would absolutely have to trade Zach into someone’s cap space for very little salary back, because you can’t do the DeMar and Pat deals while keeping Zach-ish salary on the books without going well into the tax.

They might look at stretch waiving Lonzo, or possibly trading him for less salary (that's probably for more years obviously).
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,800

Post#40 » by Mk0 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:01 am

I feel like we are the NY Jets of the NBA. In 30 years I will be telling kids all about Namath Jordan's greatness and they will be like the guy who played for that Chicago team 60 years ago?
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel

Return to Chicago Bulls