Image ImageImage Image

GT #41, Bulls @ Spurs, Jan 13 @ 7:30 PM CT, NBC Sports Chicago

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, Ice Man, dougthonus

RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Re: GT #41, Bulls @ Spurs, Jan 13 @ 7:30 PM CT, NBC Sports Chicago 

Post#201 » by RastaBull » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:50 am

24/16/5/3blk

That's an amazing statline

In general though his defense still left a lot to be desired on the night ... but you can't hold anything against him tonight. In a close "clutch" game tied with 5 minutes left ... he gets the BIG block, the BIG 3 point make ... and he got several really big offensive rebounds that could have helped put the game away, but we couldn't make open threes.
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,134

Post#202 » by Jvaughn » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:50 am

Ashamed to say at one point I advocated for trading for Sochan in a Zach deal :cry:
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,368

Post#203 » by kodo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:51 am

46 3s allowed on 39%, damn. We just make it hard on ourselves.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,374

Post#204 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:52 am

I know nothing about Sochan. But every time he has played us, I have been thinking, this guy is terrible. Terrible finisher and makes plays that scratch your head.
The Cult of Personality
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,022

Post#205 » by meekrab » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:52 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:I know nothing about Sochan. But every time he has played us, I have been thinking, this guy is terrible. Terrible finisher and makes plays that scratch your head.

Pop started that guy at PG for like 30 games :noway:
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 445

Post#206 » by greenwing » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:53 am

kodo wrote:Bulls might have gotten blown out if Wemby was playing.

If memories serves correct, Wemby has actually struggled against our bigs. He needs to gain some weight.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,907

Post#207 » by Mk0 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:53 am

kodo wrote:46 3s allowed on 39%, damn. We just make it hard on ourselves.

Vucevic's statline looks good but when you look at the other side of the ball it was painful.

AC had to run from the 3pt line to foul a dunker because Vooch ran to the corner off of an offensive rebound by the Spurs. It was like that all night.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#208 » by weneeda2guard » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:53 am

Don't know of this is the result of being bad again, or this being a 2nd night of a back to back having to fly out to San Antonio after exerting a ton of energy to get back into the warriors game. Idk
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Post#209 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:54 am

Mk0 wrote:

Vucevic's statline looks good but when you look at the other side of the ball it was painful.

AC had to run from the 3pt line to foul a dunker because Vooch ran to the corner off of an offensive rebound by the Spurs. It was like that all night.

And last night too. Spurs just weren’t good enough to finish us off.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#210 » by FriedRise » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:56 am

weneeda2guard wrote:Don't know of this is the result of being bad again, or this being a 2nd night of a back to back having to fly out to San Antonio after exerting a ton of energy to get back into the warriors game. Idk

Probably a bit of both, but back to back has a lot to do with it. The effort on defense was just not there, especially the bigs. But they had to keep chasing Steph and Klay around last night out in the perimeter.

They got in to San Antonio around 4AM.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,556

Post#211 » by PaKii94 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:56 am

A win's a win but this one doesn't strike fear into anyone's heart
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#212 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:57 am

Mk0 wrote:

It’s not gonna stop either. Every team we play is gonna do this from now on. Said it last night. Once guys start scrambling to cover for Vuc eventually someone is gonna be wide open.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,960

Post#213 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:57 am

Mk0 wrote:

and here goes the narrative Ill pick one bad play and then claim he did it all night LOL
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#214 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:59 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Mk0 wrote:

It’s not gonna stop either. Every team we play is gonna do this from now on. Said it last night. Once guys start scrambling to cover for Vuc eventually someone is gonna be wide open.

So Vooch was guarding Tre Jones ?

What about Keldon Johnson ?

no else on that team scored more than 11 points but yeah everyone was covering for Vooch tonight

Narratives ....
Mk0
RealGM

Post#215 » by Mk0 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:01 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Mk0 wrote:

PnR and a swing-swing pass = some poor bastard getting gassed to chase you off a wide 3 because our Center has cinderblocks for feet and can't protect the rim.

I will say that when Coby was out Ayo was great.
He is a better defender than Coby and does a better job making up for the Mid 3s defense with AC.
Mk0
RealGM

Post#216 » by Mk0 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:04 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Mk0 wrote:Vucevic's statline looks good but when you look at the other side of the ball it was painful.

no else on that team scored more than 11 points but yeah everyone was covering for Vooch tonight

Narratives ....

If you thought that Vucevic wasn't a problem on defense I don't know what to tell you.
His foot speed is horrible and that makes rotations slow. Guys were over-rotating because he can't leave the paint.
So while the Spurs were playing 5-out they were getting someone a good look.

Doesn't matter who took the shot, the system gave it to them because you have a center who can't move.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#217 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:04 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Mk0 wrote:Vucevic's statline looks good but when you look at the other side of the ball it was painful.

Narratives ....

I’m not saying it was all his fault. It was poor defense overall. DeMar was not even trying most of the game. The problem is no matter how hard Vuc tries he will never be able to play in space. And teams are exploiting it. It leads many different players getting easy looks. And his offense doesn’t make up for it on most nights.
Mk0
RealGM

Post#218 » by Mk0 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:06 am

Mk0 wrote:

and here goes the narrative Ill pick one bad play and then claim he did it all night LOL

You expect me to write up every bad play he made? My time is worth more than that.
I was giving an example. You really thought he was good on the defensive end tonight?

He had one good defensive sequence (and thank god it was in the clutch)
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#219 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:38 am

Mk0 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Narratives ....

If you thought that Vucevic wasn't a problem on defense I don't know what to tell you.
His foot speed is horrible and that makes rotations slow. Guys were over-rotating because he can't leave the paint.
So while the Spurs were playing 5-out they were getting someone a good look.

Doesn't matter who took the shot, the system gave it to them because you have a center who can't move.

Sorry but this is just absolutely false as I said something happens once and you basically just make up the rest to push a narrative .

Coby White is #1 in contesting threes now in the nba
Vooch is #10 and before he got hurt and missed those games he was actually #1

So when you say he wont come out of the paint its simply not true and hasn't been true at all this year but when you are watching a game with that narrative slant its gonna write itself no mater what happens .
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#220 » by chitownsports4ever » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:45 am

Mk0 wrote:

You expect me to write up every bad play he made? My time is worth more than that.
I was giving an example. You really thought he was good on the defensive end tonight?

He had one good defensive sequence (and thank god it was in the clutch)

No how about simply stop making stuff up ? or better yet stop exaggerating because you are claiming every defensive possession he was on the floor was a bad possession because of him except that one. You gave a bad play and then claimed it happened all game which is not even remotely true

Return to Chicago Bulls