Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #9

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Re: NBA Trade Thread #9 

Post#2021 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:18 am

Read on Twitter

My guess, he goes to Toronto for Pascal
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#2022 » by Muzbar » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:27 am

coldfish wrote:I don't see any way the Bulls take back Russell. He is guaranteed through next year. Chicago would have Lonzo, Coby, Ayo, Carter and Russell taking up almost $65m at the PG spot.

There are a lot of deals that work without Russell.

I still don't think this is happening.

Actually no, there's only 1 other deal that works without Russell (excluding a 3-4 team trade or trading for 4+ players).

Rui, Reaves and Gabe (injured) is the only other combo to work salary wise and the Bulls would have to release someone or have another (2 for 1) trade lined up.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,472

Post#2023 » by coldfish » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:47 am

Muzbar wrote:
coldfish wrote:I don't see any way the Bulls take back Russell. He is guaranteed through next year. Chicago would have Lonzo, Coby, Ayo, Carter and Russell taking up almost $65m at the PG spot.

There are a lot of deals that work without Russell.

I still don't think this is happening.

Actually no, there's only 1 other deal that works without Russell (excluding a 3-4 team trade or trading for 4+ players).

Rui, Reaves and Gabe (injured) is the only other combo to work salary wise and the Bulls would have to release someone or have another (2 for 1) trade lined up.

Well, yeah. The Bulls would have to do something like add Taylor.
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#2024 » by leo921 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:57 am

Bulls trade - Lavine/Caruso
for
Hawks trade - Murray/Hunter/Mills

Murray is better then Lavine so you give up Caruso to bridge the gap. For the Hawks a lineup of Young/Lavine/Bey/Johnson/Capela with Caruso/Bogdanovic/Okongwu off the bench is a solid fast pace run and game team.

For Bulls Murray/White/DDR/Williams/Vuc lineup is a nice retool move but would need more work to see what assets/fits DDR/Ball/Vuc can get you.
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#2025 » by leo921 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:04 am

3 way trade of

Bulls - Harris
Raptors - lavine
76ers - Siakim

think this works for everyone.

For the Bulls Harris helps this year can maybe be resigned, worse case him and DDR expire freeing up nearly 70m of cap space. If you want to keep him a Caruso/White/Williams/Harris lineup is solid.

Raptors help there retool around Barnes with Quickley/Lavine/Barrett/Barnes/Poetl lineup

76ers get Siakim and who can help Maxey and Embiid in the playoffs and can use his bird rights to resign him.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#2026 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:29 am

leo921 wrote:3 way trade of

Bulls - Harris
Raptors - lavine
76ers - Siakim

For the Bulls Harris helps this year can maybe be resigned, worse case him and DDR expire freeing up nearly 70m of cap space. If you want to keep him a Caruso/White/Williams/Harris lineup is solid.

Raptors help there retool around Barnes with Quickley/Lavine/Barrett/Barnes/Poetl lineup

76ers get Siakim and who can help Maxey and Embiid in the playoffs and can use his bird rights to resign him.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I think he'd be a pretty solid addition.
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#2027 » by qianlong » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:17 am

Akme really screwed with the Vuc trade. I was totally against it at the time, but after the summer and signing Ball and Derozan it looked like they had a plan to follow, contrary to “flexibility”. But it really backfired. Healthy Lonzo would have been a great fit, but they really messed up the front court.
If we were to keep Lauri and adding a defensive and efficient middling center and the team would be looking much much better. Probably not going anywhere but younger and with talent to swing that last trade. Now they are in the worst spot.

I think both Vuc and Derozan need do to go, unless Derozan accepts to a really low offer and to come off the bench as a 6th man in the future. Zach i believe has value from a team building perspective, if he accepts to stay, if he also wants to go then it goes to the best bidder now or in summer.
Ball don't lie
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,694

Post#2028 » by sco » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:53 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:
leo921 wrote:3 way trade of

Bulls - Harris
Raptors - lavine
76ers - Siakim

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I think he'd be a pretty solid addition.

Harris is old and not going to make us better. I'd much rather keep Zach than just salary dump him.
:clap:
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#2029 » by d boy gentleman » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm

What’s everyone’s opinion on DeJounte Murray? Always liked his game and wanted him in the 2016 draft but we took Denzel Valentine :nonono:

I would be a part of the minority that would want to pair him with Zach, and I know the Bulls had discussions about him.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 755

Post#2030 » by Charlesareed » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:11 pm

Harris will be a nice addition to this team we have no championship aspirations with the next 2-3 seasons unless we draft a superstar ( should’ve tanked for wemby )

I just posted on the General board the pacers should go after Harris and not siakim who’s not a great fit because he dominates the ball and not a good 3pt shooter not to mention He’d be more expensive to trade for and resign vs harris
Chicago Raised me
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,358

Post#2031 » by kodo » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:33 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:What’s everyone’s opinion on DeJounte Murray? Always liked his game and wanted him in the 2016 draft but we took Denzel Valentine :nonono:

I would be a part of the minority that would want to pair him with Zach, and I know the Bulls had discussions about him.

He's best as a pass-first main PG, and he's out of his element as an off-ball SG.
When he was in that role in SAS: 21 ppg 9.2 apg 8.3 rpg
When he plays in ATL without Trae: 25 ppg 8.6 apg 5.3 rpg

He's also never been a natural gunner, his career TS is 52.8% which is horrible. So even as the coach, you want him passing not shooting. His 3P% is good this year though.

He would work well with Zach and publically lobbied to get Lavine in SAS. They are both from the same home area. But keeping Lavine, and then trading another big piece (like DDR/Vuc) to get Murray seems really not at all what we're doing. Looks like we're doubling down on DDR/Vuc and kicking out Zach.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,694

Post#2032 » by sco » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:42 pm

kodo wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:What’s everyone’s opinion on DeJounte Murray? Always liked his game and wanted him in the 2016 draft but we took Denzel Valentine :nonono:

He's best as a pass-first main PG, and he's out of his element as an off-ball SG.
When he was in that role in SAS: 21 ppg 9.2 apg 8.3 rpg
When he plays in ATL without Trae: 25 ppg 8.6 apg 5.3 rpg

He's also never been a natural gunner, his career TS is 52.8% which is horrible. So even as the coach, you want him passing not shooting. His 3P% is good this year though.

He would work well with Zach and publically lobbied to get Lavine in SAS. They are both from the same home area. But keeping Lavine, and then trading another big piece (like DDR/Vuc) to get Murray seems really not at all what we're doing. Looks like we're doubling down on DDR/Vuc and kicking out Zach.

I agree, but Coby can be equally effective at SG. What Murray would do for us would be to add defense to the mix which would allow us to play Coby, Murray, Demar together without the same problems we have with the version of Zach that doesn't play defense. While not necessary, that fact would allow us to trade Caruso without being killed defensively (or Demar without getting killed for not having another guy who can get his own shot). It also extends our timeline by being younger than Zach.

Personally, I would love to see a Murray, White, Caruso, Williams, Vuc line-up.
:clap:
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,391

Post#2033 » by Hangtime84 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:08 pm

Only Murray I care about his Keegan and everyone is waiting on Pascal to move first
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,575

Post#2034 » by Andi Obst » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:20 am

sco wrote:What Murray would do for us would be to add defense to the mix which would allow us to play Coby, Murray, Demar together without the same problems we have with the version of Zach that doesn't play defense.

Dejounte has been pretty bad defensively since he has left San Antonio IMO. Not saying he can't get back to where he was, but his defense being underwhelming is one of the reasons why the fit in Atlanta has been worse I expected.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 145

Post#2035 » by Bulldog23 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:41 pm

I think there is a three way trade that might be possible between Atlanta, Toronto , and Chicago.
Bulls send Lavine to Atlanta.
Bulls send Lonzo to Raptors.
Bulls receive Pascal, Hunter, and AJ Griffin.

Atlanta sends Murray to Raptors.
Atlanta sends Hunter and AJ Griffin to Bulls.
Atlanta receives Lavine from Bulls.

Toronto sends Pascal to Bulls
Toronto receives Murray from Atlanta.
Toronto receives Lonzo from Bulls.

Sending Lavine to Atlanta makes sense for there offense, it allows Bogdon to run more pick and rolls as secondary ball handler. He is also a better shooter than Murray. Zack has enough gravity to allow Bogdon and Trae to run Pick and Rolls more effectively. Plus they have three things that make Zack effective: point guard, defensive big, and defensive wings.

Toronto getting Murray allows for a solid backcourt with Quickley and provides a lot of flexibility in pick and rolls. It also keeps Barret from running the offense. Lonzo is better than having Hunter because of the contract flexibility. Hunter could go to Toronto, but playing Dick for his shooting is important for spacing in the offense. Lonzo contract is covered by insurance. You can let a young core develop.

Bulls get Pascal, but probably won’t be able to sign him. Hunter contract is difficult based on production, bulls could use him as a back up power forward for the short term. He would be effective next to Vuc. This allows Pwill to move toward a wing and handle ball more. AJ Griffin makes losing Pascal in off season and swallowing Hunter contract easier.

Just some thoughts.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,708

Post#2036 » by BullChit » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:00 pm

Andi Obst wrote:
sco wrote:What Murray would do for us would be to add defense to the mix which would allow us to play Coby, Murray, Demar together without the same problems we have with the version of Zach that doesn't play defense.

Dejounte has been pretty bad defensively since he has left San Antonio IMO. Not saying he can't get back to where he was, but his defense being underwhelming is one of the reasons why the fit in Atlanta has been worse I expected.

Covering for Traes defensive short comings would be enough to make even Caruso look sub-par on D.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,708

Post#2037 » by BullChit » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:04 pm

At this stage and with the growth of Coby Murray is the only return I would be excited about for Zach.

But I also know it won't happen because no way Atlanta makes that trade.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,925

Post#2038 » by RSP83 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:50 pm

BullChit wrote:

At this stage and with the growth of Coby Murray is the only return I would be excited about for Zach.

But I also know it won't happen because no way Atlanta makes that trade.

Why not? Trae would love to have Jalen Johnson and Zach Lavine on both wings, throwing lobs at them. Murray is a better defender, but he's nowhere as elite as Zach on the offensive end. If Zach can work with Coby, he can work with Trae.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,925

Post#2039 » by RSP83 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:53 pm

Since Tobias Harris is mentioned, Gordon Hayward just becomes available and open for buyout. I don't see the point though, I would rather we go all in with developing Pat, and have Craig and Caruso as the other 4s.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,391

Post#2040 » by Hangtime84 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:09 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:I think there is a three way trade that might be possible between Atlanta, Toronto , and Chicago.
Bulls send Lavine to Atlanta.
Bulls send Lonzo to Raptors.
Bulls receive Pascal, Hunter, and AJ Griffin.

Atlanta sends Murray to Raptors.
Atlanta sends Hunter and AJ Griffin to Bulls.
Atlanta receives Lavine from Bulls.

Toronto sends Pascal to Bulls
Toronto receives Murray from Atlanta.
Toronto receives Lonzo from Bulls.

Sending Lavine to Atlanta makes sense for there offense, it allows Bogdon to run more pick and rolls as secondary ball handler. He is also a better shooter than Murray. Zack has enough gravity to allow Bogdon and Trae to run Pick and Rolls more effectively. Plus they have three things that make Zack effective: point guard, defensive big, and defensive wings.

Toronto getting Murray allows for a solid backcourt with Quickley and provides a lot of flexibility in pick and rolls. It also keeps Barret from running the offense. Lonzo is better than having Hunter because of the contract flexibility. Hunter could go to Toronto, but playing Dick for his shooting is important for spacing in the offense. Lonzo contract is covered by insurance. You can let a young core develop.

Bulls get Pascal, but probably won’t be able to sign him. Hunter contract is difficult based on production, bulls could use him as a back up power forward for the short term. He would be effective next to Vuc. This allows Pwill to move toward a wing and handle ball more. AJ Griffin makes losing Pascal in off season and swallowing Hunter contract easier.

Just some thoughts.

Don’t think this works but I would be happy about it.

Raptors gets another long arm guy for the guard position

Hawks becomes more firepower team and we get bigger with two potential contributors.

AJ uses Coby (DeMar) ball handling trainer too.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.

Return to Chicago Bulls