Image ImageImage Image

Blazers @ Bulls Postgame thread: Where heartbreak happens..

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Tommy Turtle
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#221 » by Tommy Turtle » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:28 am

Good job Portland.

#1) Get rid of malcontents and misfits. (JP also did that.)

#2) Draft talented young studs. (JP also did that.)

#3) Play the youngins. (JP??)
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#222 » by Posey H8er » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:29 am

I should clarify myself. Tyrus has no offensive instinct.
bagsboy
Veteran
And1: 460

Post#223 » by bagsboy » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:32 am

I just wanted to thank Pax for Wallace being on the court in the 4th quarter and TT keeping the bench warm. Wallace instead of Chandler and TT instead of Aldridge is why Pax is a genuis.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,857

Post#224 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:32 am

Posey H8er wrote:I should clarify myself. Tyrus has no offensive instinct.

He also has great instinct of finding himself on the floor. I counted three times that Tyrus landed on the deck in the limited mintues he played. Im not sure whether it has to do with his lack or strength or balance, but boy does he hit the deck too often.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#225 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:34 am

bagsboy wrote:I just wanted to thank Pax for Wallace being on the court in the 4th quarter and TT keeping the bench warm. Wallace instead of Chandler and TT instead of Aldridge is why Pax is a genuis.

And i would like to thank YOU for your throughtful insight..
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#226 » by Susan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:38 am

Posey H8er wrote:I should clarify myself. Tyrus has no offensive instinct.

Like what does he lack to become even a medium instinct type of a player? When will we know that he's made it to the medium level? And if he ever gets so instinctual will he become a character in the game Killer Instinct?
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#227 » by SimonFish » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:43 am

keep calm guys

smiling is a great mean to solve problems.

:)

:clap:
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 468

Post#228 » by Mr. Tibbs » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:44 am

man, this was a rough one. I was sopcasting the first 3 and a half quarters then it died and wouldn't come back, so i frantically used every gamecast thingy imaginable while reloading the game thread every 3 seconds. After all that, we lose. I took a shower and finished a book to ease the pain..judging from this civil war we just had it seems like i did the right thing. It's amazing what a tough loss can do to people.

I will say that we are better offensively now under JB. I'll also say that this coulda been different with Lu around. I am however real discouraged by our inability to win close games, and inability to win the 2nd of any back to backs. This roster may not be all that talented but it doesn't really take talent to have poise. Last year in the playoffs it took amazing composure to weather miamis runs in games 3 and 4 (mainly 3) and take them out. This year If the game is moderately close in the last 6 minutes, i'm expecting a loss. My hope is that we kill most of the teams this month..but get in some close games against bad teams because we really need to learn how to close some games out.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#229 » by Posey H8er » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:48 am

xcrnrkyle wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Like what does he lack to become even a medium instinct type of a player? When will we know that he's made it to the medium level? And if he ever gets so instinctual will he become a character in the game Killer Instinct?

That is the question that needs to be asked. Perhaps he needs more experience on the floor which many Bulls fans want.

I see Tyrus as becoming a similar player to Noah. I don't think anyone here expects Noah to be a superstar or dominate. I feel the same way about Tyrus. But I think he can be very productive, and a very strong defensive stopper.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#230 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:57 am

Posey H8er wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That is the question that needs to be asked. Perhaps he needs more experience on the floor which many Bulls fans want.

I see Tyrus as becoming a similar player to Noah. I don't think anyone here expects Noah to be a superstar or dominate. I feel the same way about Tyrus. But I think he can be very productive, and a very strong defensive stopper.

I feel the same way with you in that regard. Though i agree that he should be getting more mintues, im just not as high on him as some people are in regards to whether he can be a Star player. If he works hard enough, and continues to work on his game i can see him nabbing a few All Star games but i just don't see Star type of player in the future of Tyrus. He is a power forward who at times seems like he is still wanting to be a small forward with his play. But im willing to give him untill his third and even fourth season to put it all together, because some players just take longer than others and unless we package him for a Star player in return im willing to stick with him in hopes that he continues to work.
girlygirl
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#231 » by girlygirl » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:17 am

bre9 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Paxson just need to trade Kirk along with Tyrus and get us a big 2 guard and a post player. Why let the other team 2 guard abuse and shoot over kirk every game when whe can just ship him out. It's not like Kirk putting up 25 pts a night. Duhon can run the point very well with the right pieces.

No, Duhon can't run the team well enough to overcome his inadquate offense. You want to complain about Hinrich, but Duhon has absolutely STUNK UP THE JOINT since being put in the starting lineup. In the 5 games since Boylan took over, Chris is averaging 3.6 points and 4 assists per game while shooting EIGHTEEN percent from the field.... 18 percent!!!! The one thing he has done well is not turn the ball over (just 2 turnovers in these 5 games). But you want to tell me ANY team that could win games with a starting PG putting up those kind of numbers?

Besides that, trading Kirk + Tyrus is NOT going to get you a tall guard AND a low-post player. At least not anyone good enough to upgrade this team.
girlygirl
RealGM

Post#232 » by girlygirl » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:31 am

bre9 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I wonder when that Kirk is going to show up right now were like 31 gms into the season.

Kirk is shooting poorly this season and had a paricularly bad game from the floor tonight. But he also had 7 rebounds and 9 assistants against just one turnover.

He has been playing much better since Boylan took over. He does need to start shooting much better, but his floor game has been solid (Yes, I know he still overdribbles at times, but he's done far less of that in these past 5 games; and yes, his decision making causes people to go "WTF was that" at times, but he's cut way down on the turnovers).
JeffJordan
Junior

Post#233 » by JeffJordan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:46 am

kulaz3000 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Your persistence on trying to find out whether LaMarcus was tearing it up(though we all knew the answer to it) has kept me coming back to the post game thread. haha..

14 points and 13 boards is a very good game. Especially considering he didn't score in the first half.
JeffJordan
Junior

Post#234 » by JeffJordan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:52 am

Tommy Turtle wrote:What would have been TT's stats with LA minutes?

6 points, 6 rebounds and 6 fouls in 28 minutes. He had 2 fouls in the 3 minutes he was in the game.

I am so sick of TT. Can't we talk about Noah, he is looking way more promising. How about the awesome game Smith had?
JeremyB0001
General Manager
And1: 810

Post#235 » by JeremyB0001 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:47 am

JeffJordan wrote:I am so sick of TT. Can't we talk about Noah, he is looking way more promising. How about the awesome game Smith had?

Funny since virtually every one of your posts discusses TT.
BULLS4LIFE2
Banned User

Post#236 » by BULLS4LIFE2 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:31 am

Too much to say, too many pages to go through so ill just point out the obvious

Bulls 4-24 from 3point range

Blazers 11-22 from 3point range (not that hard when youre completely open)

Noc and Wallace missing easy uncontested baskets good stuff, who needs those baskets....the fact that you grabbed both those rebs while you were on the court for almost 40mins is good enough for me Noc

Gordon with a costly turnover who cares about everything else he did and how many baskets he hit to keep the Bulls in the game that turnover cost the Bulls the game, im sure had Griffin played his mins and taken 27 shots he could have made AT LEAST 15 just by blowing past his defender...he must have rockets in those shoes

Joe Smith you cant miss (we chant this everytime he shoots the ball)

Adrian Griffin, Duhon, Noc awesome games

Noc did just one thing I didnt like and that was realise Wallace was going to miss that free throw and battle for the reb getting the Bulls the ball back

Great coaching by Boylan allowing Wallace to continually double the guard on the pick and roll and take his time to get back to Aldridge Oh and standing in the paint guarding his shoes while LA had open looks...you never know when your shoe might score on you

I like how the Bulls refuse to get within 10ft of a 3pt shooter, i mean when they do its usually a foul so best just to not challenge it

Hinrich you are exactly the guy i want with the ball in his hands at the end of a close game taking it upcourt and jacking up quick shots without anyone in position to rebound

Tyrus your smooth jumper that went in and offensive reb are useless plays, we dont need that kind of stuff nor do we need you Noah, the fact you played awesome against Charlotte and basically did everything to make sure the Bulls would win would have been useless tonight, oh and when you came in and disrupted their shooters with your length i didnt like that at all, and Gray we certainly dont need any easy baskets from you, or you drawing double teams to allow for better than 4-24 from 3 pt range

Listen young guys, Wallace needs to play 48 mins its the 2nd game of a back to back, 4th game in 5 days and he needs those mins so he doesnt get tired later on in the playoffs when its game 7 against the Spurs

On a serious note, how about that obvious double dribble in the 1st half by the Blazers that ended up with them hitting a 3, how could the ref not call that?
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#237 » by Ballings7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:48 pm

Posey H8er wrote:That is the question that needs to be asked. Perhaps he needs more experience on the floor which many Bulls fans want.

Kulaz3000 wrote:I feel the same way with you in that regard. Though i agree that he should be getting more mintues, im just not as high on him as some people are in regards to whether he can be a Star player. If he works hard enough, and continues to work on his game i can see him nabbing a few All Star games but i just don't see Star type of player in the future of Tyrus. He is a power forward who at times seems like he is still wanting to be a small forward with his play. But im willing to give him untill his third and even fourth season to put it all together, because some players just take longer than others and unless we package him for a Star player in return im willing to stick with him in hopes that he continues to work.

Agreed. Too early to be writing off Tyrus or something. He needs to be able to get consistent minutes.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,110

Post#238 » by Wingy » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:36 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:Where lineups like:

Gordon, Duhon, Griffin, Noah and Wallace

make me retch uncontrollably.

I wanted to Spreewell Jimmy Boylan so bad at that point. Damn.

Very nice to see Wallace wake up.

Man Roy is a nice player. Just goes to show you that your post presence doesn't have to be a 4 or a 5 position player.

It's pretty obvious that Aldridge wouldn't have been a major post force for us...but man, his ability to shoot it off the pick and roll/pop would be really nice for our guys to have...if we give TT a chance to develop here...he could be shooting like that (look at Outlaw).

I think we coulda used Thabo last night. People may cringe, but I think he could've at least spelled Kirk for some spot minutes to help on Roy.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,157

Post#239 » by molepharmer » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:45 pm

Rerisen wrote:Joe Smith played great tonight and earned his minutes.

However, people need to stop with the, 'this is why were doing it to get on track stuff'.

We need to consider that we ARE ON TRACK. This is the track of Joe Smith and Ben Wallace. It's 3-2 under Boylan beating scrub teams (bolded for emphasis;mp) in Milwaukee on the road and the Knicks and a Bobcats team that we match up well with. We still aren't beating anyone good, even at home.

Now did those two vets play better than Noah and Tyrus could have tonight? Probably yes, but were still not a good team even with them playing big minutes.

So it's time to prepare for the future, because the Bulls are not going to be a championship team in any near future that involves Ben Wallace or Joe Smith.

If anything this is a lesson to start seeing what players can do the rest of this season so that Paxson can make the right moves next year.

It just seems pointless to keep playing these rotations and hope the team fights back to 40 wins or something. They have an equal chance to do that playing the young guys. Wallace and Smith don't matter that much. Offensively, the team wins on the backs of Hinrich, Gordon, Deng and Noc. If even a couple of those guys are putrid on offense (like tonight) we probably aren't going to win no matter how many minutes we play people in the frontcourt.
You deserve extra credit for such a good post in a thread with a bunch of mindless dribble.

It's becoming painfully obvious Pax's rhetoric about firing Skiles because, among other things, he wanted to see more court time for the youth was hogwash. Boylan's gonna ride the vets 'til the Bulls have been realistically eliminated from the playoff picture. It was no more clear than last night when he kept vets in even tho' they had trouble finishing the game. The major problem with this plan is that, in the East, the Bulls probably won't be eliminated until there's only a couple of weeks left in the season.

This team needs an injection of youth; i.e. some players that don't feel they've achieved NBA success yet. Some players that show energy and that are still hungry.

Considering some of the bone-headed mistakes or general overall poor play of the some of the vets last night, I have a hard time believing the youth would have been significantly worse.
McBulls
General Manager
And1: 3,564

Re: .. 

Post#240 » by McBulls » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:48 pm

BULLS4LIFE2 wrote:Great coaching by Boylan allowing Wallace to continually double the guard on the pick and roll and take his time to get back to Aldridge Oh and standing in the paint guarding his shoes while LA had open looks...you never know when your shoe might score on you

Listen young guys, Wallace needs to play 48 mins its the 2nd game of a back to back, 4th game in 5 days and he needs those mins so he doesnt get tired later on in the playoffs when its game 7 against the Spurs
48 mins its the 2nd game of a back to back????

Guess who's getting showcased.

Return to Chicago Bulls