Image ImageImage Image

Potential Zach Trade Partners? Playoff Edition.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,453

Re: Potential Zach Trade Partners? Playoff Edition. 

Post#281 » by Muzbar » Tue May 7, 2024 7:46 am

HomoSapien wrote:Keep an eye on Brandon Ingram. He’s clearly in his way out.

I can see Ingram for Trae, but not for Zach. The Pels already have CJ McCollum, Zach isn't a good fit there.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,854

Post#282 » by Jcool0 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:13 pm

Muzbar wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:So, Detroit and Orlando are looking like the leading candidates for Lavine?

Based on what exactly?

Orlando fans want nothing to do with Zachs contract, maybe their front office thinks differently, but that's one of Zachs biggest blemishes atm. Maybe Orlando takes a stab at him if they whiff on other targets (they're rumoured to have interest in Klay and Paul George).

Pistons had previous interest apparently last year, but maybe that has changed now he missed 70odd% of the season.

I still think GS is the best place for Zach, followed by Philly and Sacto. Orlando makes sense, but I don't think he'll be a first target.

What the fans want has ZERO to do with what Orlando will end up doing.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#283 » by Jcool0 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:18 pm

Muzbar wrote:

I can see Ingram for Trae, but not for Zach. The Pels already have CJ McCollum, Zach isn't a good fit there.

McCollum has been the PG for NO. So McCollum doesn't really overlap with Zach.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,692

Post#284 » by sco » Tue May 7, 2024 12:37 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:

I would love BI here, I would add por 1st and our 1st to Zach to make that happen.
:clap:
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#285 » by Jcool0 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:20 pm

sco wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:I can see Ingram for Trae, but not for Zach. The Pels already have CJ McCollum, Zach isn't a good fit there.

I would love BI here, I would add por 1st and our 1st to Zach to make that happen.

He would be a fan favorite quickly after a few 25-30 point games and the "i'm not Zach LaVine" bump. But while he is probably the best the Bulls could get for Zach, Ingram is a slightly worse player, so they would still be a 38-42 win team.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,239

Post#286 » by Red8911 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:29 pm

sco wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
There is nothing the organization can do to tamp down the "not conducive to winning" narrative, other than putting together a much better team around Zach. That narrative is not due to the team's treatment of him, but rather due to his on-the-court performance.

Exactly, his on court performance hasn’t been great the last couple of years. This season was by far his worst. The last time he looked really good was when he made the all star team, unfortunately he hasn’t been the same player since. This is also the reason the Bulls don’t want him anymore.

The teams treatment of him has been more than fine. First they gave him 40 million a year, just from that Zach should forever be grateful. Also Billy has always been good to Zach, never once said anything bad about him.

Good points. I believe that Zach's numbers last season were impacted by his trying to play through injury. I think this team, if the same guys returned, would be better next season. That said, no way that happens. That said, the move that would have the most beneficial impact would be finding a way to replace Vuc with a defensive C and keep Zach, but again, AK is a bit of a slimy dude and will go out of his way to avoid admitting to that mistake.

I think Zach needs to go along with Vuc. Zach just isn’t going to work here and doesn’t even mesh well with guys like Coby or Demar. It’s the right move to trade him and it honestly should have been done a year ago.

At this point Zach is considered AKs guy as well, not only the players he brought in. AK has kept him here all these years and gave him that big extension. He will also admit mistake when trading Zach.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,239

Post#287 » by Red8911 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:35 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
sco wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

He would be a fan favorite quickly after a few 25-30 point games and the "i'm not Zach LaVine" bump. But while he is probably the best the Bulls could get for Zach, Ingram is a slightly worse player, so they would still be a 38-42 win team.

Ingram is currently the better player and a couple of years younger. His problem though is similar to Zach he also gets injuries.

I doubt the Pelicans even entertain a trade like this though. Not only is Ingram better but also why would they want Zach ? Wouldn’t make any sense for them.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#288 » by Jcool0 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:43 pm

Red8911 wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
sco wrote:I would love BI here, I would add por 1st and our 1st to Zach to make that happen.

Ingram is currently the better player and a couple of years younger. His problem though is similar to Zach he also gets injuries.

I doubt the Pelicans even entertain a trade like this though. Not only is Ingram better but also why would they want Zach ? Wouldn’t make any sense for them.

In no way is Ingram the better player. He is almost more comparable to DD in he doesn't take 3s. So we might even be worse then if we kept LaVine since we were already a bad 3 team with him taking 6-7 at a almost 40% clip.

NO would want LaVIne if Ingram is unhappy and wants out.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,499

Post#289 » by jnrjr79 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:49 pm

Muzbar wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Based on what exactly?

Orlando fans want nothing to do with Zachs contract, maybe their front office thinks differently, but that's one of Zachs biggest blemishes atm. Maybe Orlando takes a stab at him if they whiff on other targets (they're rumoured to have interest in Klay and Paul George).

Pistons had previous interest apparently last year, but maybe that has changed now he missed 70odd% of the season.

I still think GS is the best place for Zach, followed by Philly and Sacto. Orlando makes sense, but I don't think he'll be a first target.

Detroit and Orlando can offer deals where they can eat half of Lavine's contract. The Bulls need a team that's willing and able to give us tax relief.

By eat half do you mean only have to send out half his salary for next season? In that case, yes that's true, but they still have to take on the remaining 3 years left on his deal.

Philly and San Antonio can also do that.

Pretty sure if dealt for CP3 (plus other parts) on draft night, CP3 can be released straight after, rendering his contract unguaranteed (guaranteed after 28th of June), thus providing immediate tax relief if that's the path they chose to go down.

Cap space teams do not need to match salaries in a trade, which means a team like Orlando could send, say, $20M back in salary for a $40M player.

Given the Bulls project to be in the tax, it's highly likely they'll try to trade Zach to a team with space so they can take less salary back in return.
DropStep
Junior
And1: 165

Post#290 » by DropStep » Tue May 7, 2024 3:58 pm

Jcool0 wrote:In no way is Ingram the better player. He is almost more comparable to DD in he doesn't take 3s. So we might even be worse then if we kept LaVine since we were already a bad 3 team with him taking 6-7 at a almost 40% clip.

He makes some sense to me, as I've mentioned. He wouldn't really be replacing Lavine, he plays bigger than either him or DDR at 6'8", closer to PAW in many ways. DDR averages 1.7 3pa for his career, Pat Will 2.8, Ingram 3.7. Ingram had 41 points on 8 threes in Feb, and shot 39% on threes last year. PAW's career PER is 11.0, Lavine career PER 17.3, DDR 19.0, Ingram career 16.1, but it's 18.8 over the last 5 seasons. He has played a lot of minutes at PF and averages a full rebound per game more than Pat, which isn't great but it isn't nothing. He has been an all star, is an injury risk, and needs a change of scenery, all similar to Zach. His improvement on defense has been called "humongous." He's a bit of a distressed asset, which helps... He is in the same general league as Zach when he's at his best, but he's bigger and younger, and a SF/PF, all of which may help our roster construction a bit. We'd have to extend him, so it's a commitment, and a significant bet. I think the Bulls would have to figure out Pat's future, and whether you want to pair them, as well as DDR's future, and probably our goals for the center position, as part of the same conversation. It all needs to be of a piece. And, of course, we need to find out how much Ingram will take in an extension. But it's not crazy.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#291 » by Jcool0 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:15 pm

DropStep wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:In no way is Ingram the better player. He is almost more comparable to DD in he doesn't take 3s. So we might even be worse then if we kept LaVine since we were already a bad 3 team with him taking 6-7 at a almost 40% clip.

He makes some sense to me, as I've mentioned. He wouldn't really be replacing Lavine, he plays bigger than either him or DDR at 6'8", closer to PAW in many ways. DDR averages 1.7 3pa for his career, Pat Will 2.8, Ingram 3.7. Ingram had 41 points on 8 threes in Feb, and shot 39% on threes last year. PAW's career PER is 11.0, Lavine career PER 17.3, DDR 19.0, Ingram career 16.1, but it's 18.8 over the last 5 seasons. He has played a lot of minutes at PF and averages a full rebound per game more than Pat, which isn't great but it isn't nothing. He has been an all star, is an injury risk, and needs a change of scenery, all similar to Zach. His improvement on defense has been called "humongous." He's a bit of a distressed asset, which helps... He is in the same general league as Zach when he's at his best, but he's bigger and younger, and a SF/PF, all of which may help our roster construction a bit. We'd have to extend him, so it's a commitment, and a significant bet. I think the Bulls would have to figure out Pat's future, and whether you want to pair them, as well as DDR's future, and probably our goals for the center position, as part of the same conversation. It all needs to be of a piece. And, of course, we need to find out how much Ingram will take in an extension. But it's not crazy.

This year he shot 35% on 3.8 attempts from 3. In 21-22 he shot 32% on 4.1 attempts.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#292 » by Muzbar » Tue May 7, 2024 5:42 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:
Detroit and Orlando can offer deals where they can eat half of Lavine's contract. The Bulls need a team that's willing and able to give us tax relief.

By eat half do you mean only have to send out half his salary for next season? In that case, yes that's true, but they still have to take on the remaining 3 years left on his deal.

Pretty sure if dealt for CP3 (plus other parts) on draft night, CP3 can be released straight after, rendering his contract unguaranteed (guaranteed after 28th of June), thus providing immediate tax relief if that's the path they chose to go down.

Cap space teams do not need to match salaries in a trade, which means a team like Orlando could send, say, $20M back in salary for a $40M player.

Given the Bulls project to be in the tax, it's highly likely they'll try to trade Zach to a team with space so they can take less salary back in return.

Yep, that's what I said alright...

Thank you for reiterating that.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,499

Post#293 » by jnrjr79 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:51 pm

Muzbar wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:By eat half do you mean only have to send out half his salary for next season? In that case, yes that's true, but they still have to take on the remaining 3 years left on his deal.

Yep, that's what I said alright...

Thank you for reiterating that.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to correct you, just expressing agreement and noting that IMO it's way more likely the Bulls try to get Zach to a cap space team given their own luxury tax concerns than trade him to a non-cap space team (assuming they are bringing DeRozan back).
Muzbar
Starter

Post#294 » by Muzbar » Tue May 7, 2024 5:52 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:So, Detroit and Orlando are looking like the leading candidates for Lavine?

Based on what exactly?

Maybe that's why I put "maybe their front office thinks differently" right after that part.
Jcool0 wrote:McCollum has been the PG for NO. So McCollum doesn't really overlap with Zach.

McCollum isn't a PG though, Trae would be a much better fit, moving McCollum back to his natural SG position.

Also, Ingram is definitely the better player, I'm sure if he became as available as Zach he'd be highly sought after, more so that Zach LaVine.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#295 » by Jcool0 » Tue May 7, 2024 7:32 pm

Muzbar wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Based on what exactly?

Maybe that's why I put "maybe their front office thinks differently" right after that part.
Jcool0 wrote:McCollum has been the PG for NO. So McCollum doesn't really overlap with Zach.

McCollum isn't a PG though, Trae would be a much better fit, moving McCollum back to his natural SG position.

Also, Ingram is definitely the better player, I'm sure if he became as available as Zach he'd be highly sought after, more so that Zach LaVine.

Trae isn't really a "fit" anywhere. He is a 6 ft ball dominating PG. He will be Isaiah Thomas in a few years. I don't know what to tell you almost everyone will say Zach is better i get Bulls fans wont because most just hate him.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#296 » by Muzbar » Tue May 7, 2024 7:49 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

Trae isn't really a "fit" anywhere. He is a 6 ft ball dominating PG. He will be Isaiah Thomas in a few years. I don't know what to tell you almost everyone will say Zach is better i get Bulls fans wont because most just hate him.

Trae (as much as I hate him) is definitely a fit in many places, he's a good shooter and passer/playmaker.

I disagree almost everyone would agree Zach is better, in fact, many in here have already disagreed with that notion. I don't hate Zach, but Ingram is a better player, Zach is a better shooter.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,170

Post#297 » by MrSparkle » Tue May 7, 2024 8:36 pm

Trae can fit many places, but not in Chicago. Terrible defense at SF, C, undersized PF concept, undersized SGs...

Honestly, maybe Orlando should go for him.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#298 » by Jcool0 » Tue May 7, 2024 9:30 pm

Muzbar wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Maybe that's why I put "maybe their front office thinks differently" right after that part.

Trae (as much as I hate him) is definitely a fit in many places, he's a good shooter and passer/playmaker.

I disagree almost everyone would agree Zach is better, in fact, many in here have already disagreed with that notion. I don't hate Zach, but Ingram is a better player, Zach is a better shooter.

He is a bad defender, can be a streaky shooter & needs the ball to be effective. So i dont see a team looking for him as a 3rd option. For him to hit his peak for his career he had to be Steph 2.0 instead he became Luka light. And you already hear that players didn't like playing with Luka and he might be the best player in the league now take that type of player but not as good and you have Trae.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#299 » by Muzbar » Tue May 7, 2024 9:36 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Trae can fit many places, but not in Chicago. Terrible defense at SF, C, undersized PF concept, undersized SGs...

Honestly, maybe Orlando should go for him.

I wasn't saying Trae would be a fit in Chicago, I agree he wouldn't be, but he'd definitely fit in many other teams. I also agree Orlando would be a good fit for him.

I want no part of Trae Young in Chicago.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,130

Post#300 » by patryk7754 » Wed May 8, 2024 7:12 pm

I just learned that the 76ers have 3 players under contract once the offseason starts (based on ESPN trade machine). The 76ers could just flip what they got for Harden and just absorb Lavine straight up. The seems to be the most likely situation

Return to Chicago Bulls