Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,834

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11 

Post#321 » by DuckIII » Sun May 12, 2024 10:25 pm

SfBull wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:Trade Zach for the #5 or #6 pick. It's really that simple.

Zach must have more trading value than a #5 or #6 in a weak draft.

I doubt he has anywhere near that much value.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,932

Post#322 » by TheSuzerain » Sun May 12, 2024 10:25 pm

Yeah i don't understand the clamoring for milquetoast 2-way players.

I guess Knecht at least has the possibility of outlier good shooting. Although with 77% at the line, i'd be hesitant to bank on that.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#323 » by TheSuzerain » Sun May 12, 2024 10:25 pm

Coby to Spurs for #8 and Bulls pick returned.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,857

Post#324 » by Jcool0 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:51 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Lexluthor wrote:Dalton knecht is a smaller Doug mcdermott no thanks

DK is a better creator and athlete for the NBA level.

And still won’t amount to anything important.

Why is that? He can score at all three levels, is a good athlete and good size.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#325 » by Betta Bulleavit » Sun May 12, 2024 11:06 pm

DuckIII wrote:
SfBull wrote:

Agreed. I like Zach. But the fact of the matter is that is value has never been lower than it is right now.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#326 » by TheSuzerain » Sun May 12, 2024 11:08 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
SfBull wrote:Zach must have more trading value than a #5 or #6 in a weak draft.

Agreed. I like Zach. But the fact of the matter is that is value has never been lower than it is right now.

In AK's pea brain, this is why we will now trade him.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#327 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun May 12, 2024 11:10 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:
DK is a better creator and athlete for the NBA level.

And he still wouldn’t get this team out of the play in. Just more mediocrity. We don’t need role players. We need foundational pieces of which have maybe .5 in Coby White and .25 in Ayo right now and nothing else.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#328 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun May 12, 2024 11:14 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

In AK's pea brain, this is why we will now trade him.

In AK’s pea brain anything other than complete obedience and submission to how the team is run is considered mutiny. How dare Zach ask for a trade after being shopped non-stop for a year. He must go immediately now for mildly rocking this sinking boat.
Chicagoat
Pro Prospect
And1: 992

Post#329 » by Chicagoat » Sun May 12, 2024 11:25 pm

The Bulls are so guard heavy it would make choosing a guard with our current roster as malpractice.

A couple of good guards would be available in our range like McCain, Collier, and maybe Walter.

Could be an option if we plan on trading Caruso and Lavine this summer.
AKME? More like MEAK with how they're afraid to make a move to push us in one direction.

Continuity :banghead: :banghead:
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,454

Post#330 » by Muzbar » Sun May 12, 2024 11:28 pm

Dan Z wrote:
SfBull wrote:

The problem is salary (who will Charlotte and/or the Pistons give back?) and team interest (do they want Zach?).

Also, selling your fans on Zach after a losing season isn't the best (in part because you'd be trading your lottery pick for him).

Both teams are under the cap (Detroit more than Charlotte) and can absorb Zach into their capspace.

Charlotte only has like 20 odd million in capspace so they could trade Bertans and Nick Richards/Vicic for example and take Zach into their space, but then they'll have no space for FA (not that it's a good free agency).

Detroit on the other hand will have 60-70m in space, they could straight up absorb him or even send out Evan Fournier (19m) so they can retain some of their capspace for free agents. I could see Detroit having a Houston Rockets type offseason, signing vets to try and start building a winning culture.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,855

Post#331 » by kulaz3000 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:30 pm

Those who are saying that Zach for a draft pick in this years draft is not enough, remember, his value during the season we weren't going to get a first round pick. Now, the situation changes slightly because trades in the off season doesn't need to match salaries, but it doesn't exactly increase his value, though there may be some desperate teams, like the Pistons who may want to stop the bleeding, or other once good teams that want to make another last ditch effort, who may be now willing to trade a draft pick in a weak draft class.

With Zach's contract, he is still going to be a difficult player to trade, and if we get a middle lottery pick, I take that and run, and be extremely pleased with that outcome. Though I still feel that scenario is highly unlikely. I still think the best bet is the Pistons, they seemed to be the only team genuinely interested, and by all accounts, the deal was right there for the taking. Zach's agent needs to convince him that is the only place where the team actually wants him to be there, and go from there.

My biggest concern right now is Vuc, and it may cost us a pick to trade him.
Why so serious?
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,941

Post#332 » by ChettheJet » Sun May 12, 2024 11:36 pm

I don't see any of the teams 1-10 as wanting anyone the Bulls have either for their pick or to swap and move down. If the Bulls had #20 the required salary between #4 and #20 could be a cost saving consideration for some teams but #11 isn't much. You have to wait by the phone to see if some team on the outside of the 1st round sees a kid they think is for them and see what they offer for the Bulls to draft his rights and send him on. That could be moving down plus a player or a future pick. Getting their 2025 pick back from SAS of course sound good but the Spurs don't want 3 rookies much less 3 in a weak draft.

I would suggest waiting until the combine is over and see what various mock drafts look like. If it's the weak draft some claim you'll see players listed 5-25 who could go in a lot of different slots, because nobody sees big talent differences.

In that the Bulls had no pick last year and figure to not have one next year this is a very good year to take some kid like Julian Phillips who isn't going to be ready next year but maybe with a year going back and forth to the G League can contribute in the following year.

I still see getting involved in a larger PORT trade as they try to lower their payroll and getting someone who fills a need or maybe a 2025 pick in exchange for returning the Blazers pick. I know JRoy says no but they can't trade a FRP until possibly 2030 and that just limits what they can do.
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 662

Post#333 » by boozapalooza » Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

And he still wouldn’t get this team out of the play in. Just more mediocrity. We don’t need role players. We need foundational pieces of which have maybe .5 in Coby White and .25 in Ayo right now and nothing else.

If your expectation at 11th pick is that were gonna get someone to get us out of the play in, youre way off. Obviously were incredibly lucky if it works out that way. Knecht would be a terrific addition to the team, hes the best shooter in the draft which we clearly need more of. Can create his shot off the dribble too and is not a one dimensional player. If Demar leaves, theres a path to him getting big minutes. Would fit well next to Coby and Ayo.

Look at what Jamie Jacquez did for Miami his rookie year, I think Knecht could have a similar impact.
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 662

Post#334 » by boozapalooza » Mon May 13, 2024 12:15 am

Dawning on me that if we lost that play in game to Atlanta, we wouldve had their lotto ball and gotten #1 right? See Red…
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#335 » by TheSuzerain » Mon May 13, 2024 12:24 am

boozapalooza wrote:Dawning on me that if we lost that play in game to Atlanta, we wouldve had their lotto ball and gotten #1 right? See Red…

Not correct
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,355

Post#336 » by kodo » Mon May 13, 2024 12:26 am

boozapalooza wrote:Dawning on me that if we lost that play in game to Atlanta, we wouldve had their lotto ball and gotten #1 right? See Red…

I don't think so? Someone please correct me if not. I think it's still by W-L, all the play-in determined was that both teams were in the lotto since we both failed to make the postseason. What would have given us ATL's #1 lotto ball is if we lost 4 more games.

I think. But I agree w/ the sentiment, once this season was obviously a failure, we should have tanked post ASG for draft order + Coby/Ayo experience.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,300

Post#337 » by prolific passer » Mon May 13, 2024 12:28 am

Been hearing that the level of talent in this draft between 1-14 isn't that much of a difference so guess it doesn't matter where you pick. So they say.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,855

Post#338 » by kulaz3000 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:37 am

I've seen this sentiment said quite a handful of times already, and this is simply incorrect. That's not how the lottery works unfortunately. Play in games don't affect the regular season standings and even IF, we had a lesser record than Atlanta, it doesn't mean on lottery day, the ping ball balls would have fallen the exact same way. The Hawks just got lucky, it happens.
Why so serious?
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,300

Post#339 » by prolific passer » Mon May 13, 2024 12:42 am

Hawks consider themselves a playoff team so they might trade the pick or just trade either Trae or Murray for another pick or a good shooting guard compliment the one they keep.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,454

Post#340 » by Muzbar » Mon May 13, 2024 1:12 am

Pretty sure it only would have been the case IF the Hawks won both play-in games to make the playoffs.

This could also be wrong.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?

Return to Chicago Bulls