Image ImageImage Image

GT Play-In #2: Chicago Bulls @ Miami Heat - Fri 4/19 @ 6:00pm CT - ESPN

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,855

Re: GT Play-In #2: Chicago Bulls @ Miami Heat - Fri 4/19 @ 6:00pm CT - ESPN 

Post#341 » by kulaz3000 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:38 am

weneeda2guard wrote:At this point if we don't recognize it's the coach I don't know what can be said. A good coach gets more out of this team, been saying that for years.

Billy isn't the best coach in the league, and you can make a solid argument he is the bottom tier of coach rankings currently in the league, however, this isn't Billy's fault. In fact, I could argue that this may have been his best coaching season with the Bulls yet, when you factor in how poorly this team has been constructed, how devastated this team has been without key players, he kept the team engaged and playing hard for the most part this season.

I'm not going to define Billy's season on this one game, because considering all the circumstances, this team probably played above it's expectations, with Zach and Pat being out for most of the season, with key free agents not performing and other injuries to key role players spattered throughout the season.

I'd say the bulk of the blame needs to go to the front office, and if we are fortunate enough to get that change, I'm sure a change to the head coach would swiftly follow.
Why so serious?
nypapa
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#342 » by nypapa » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:38 am

I mean - I’ll take Richard Jefferson as coach over BD. He was calling out our offensive sets all game.
BEER - the breakfast of champions!
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,980

Post#343 » by jc23 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:39 am

I think that pretty much kills any Demar signing. Hopefully Zach returns and we can trade him then get within that top 10 protection we gave San Antonio next season.
Be curious, Not judgmental
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,855

Post#344 » by kulaz3000 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:42 am

jc23 wrote:I think that pretty much kills any Demar signing. Hopefully Zach returns and we can trade him then get within that top 10 protection we gave San Antonio next season.

With this front office, the most stupidest scenarios is highly probable.
Why so serious?
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,063

Post#345 » by Dominator83 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:42 am

I was expecting a win with Butler being out. But of course, this was so Bulls and summed up our season to a T
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 934

Post#346 » by burlydee » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:43 am

Read on Twitter
?t=W4snDHq_-ckK64wYtVckaQ&s=19
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,353

Post#347 » by kodo » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:44 am

Red8911 wrote:
kodo wrote:Well it was fun complaining about the Bulls with everybody this season.

I know right, now what will we complain about until October ?

Most likely:
- AK's presser
- AK's draft pick
- Resigning Derozan
- Extending Patrick to a big number
- Javonte is our big off-season FA signing

"Well we didn't have Patrick Williams healthy. That's why we're going to pay whatever it takes to extend him this summer."
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,318

Post#348 » by R3AL1TY » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:45 am

Shame of a game and another emotional rollercoaster like the entire season. Beating teams they should lose to, losing games they should win. The team needs leadership that will enforce a consistent culture of winning.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,924

Post#349 » by RSP83 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:46 am

Stratmaster wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
RSP83 wrote:
I didn't. You can never trust this team. But this is lower than that. This is embarrassment. I would've been fine with a normal loss or close game loss, which was sort of my expectation.

Every time the Bulls underestimate a team they lose. They would have lost to the Pistons too. The Jimmy injury turned out to be a bad thing after all.

Players thought they would come out and beat Miami easily, this has been happening all year long.
Or... they got beat by a better and more discipline team.

Because of they did what you said they should all be traded/fired.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

Or.. this team is just not that good. Plain and simple.
JimmyButler21
Starter
And1: 1,570

Post#350 » by JimmyButler21 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:46 am

jc23 wrote:I think that pretty much kills any Demar signing. Hopefully Zach returns and we can trade him then get within that top 10 protection we gave San Antonio next season.

lol they'll all be back
Jordans_Rose
Junior
And1: 156

Post#351 » by Jordans_Rose » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:46 am

burlydee wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=W4snDHq_-ckK64wYtVckaQ&s=19

Public warning for racism. You can't do that. Please don't respond to this post - coldfish
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,332

Post#352 » by Stratmaster » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:At this point if we don't recognize it's the coach I don't know what can be said. A good coach gets more out of this team, been saying that for years.

Billy isn't the best coach in the league, and you can make a solid argument he is the bottom tier of coach rankings currently in the league, however, this isn't Billy's fault. In fact, I could argue that this may have been his best coaching season with the Bulls yet, when you factor in how poorly this team has been constructed, how devastated this team has been without key players, he kept the team engaged and playing hard for the most part this season.

I'm not going to define Billy's season on this one game, because considering all the circumstances, this team probably played above it's expectations, with Zach and Pat being out for most of the season, with key free agents not performing and other injuries to key role players spattered throughout the season.

I'd say the bulk of the blame needs to go to the front office, and if we are fortunate enough to get that change, I'm sure a change to the head coach would swiftly follow.
2 things can be true. There is no defense for the front office, and no defense for Billy. And it's not just this game.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#353 » by FriedRise » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 am

Oh hell yeah

jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,980

Post#354 » by jc23 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:51 am

Just a bummer, i was expecting at the very least a good game. for shame.
Be curious, Not judgmental
JimmyButler21
Starter
And1: 1,570

Post#355 » by JimmyButler21 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:53 am

FriedRise wrote:Oh hell yeah

The Bulls *would* win the worst draft lottery in recent memory
summary
Junior
And1: 4

Post#356 » by summary » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:54 am

kulaz3000 wrote:

I can’t even understand the idea that Zach and Pat playing all year would make for a better team. Is there any qualitative or quantitative evidence that either are any different than most of this organization, either inconsistent or giving up as much as they give you and leading you down the same path of mediocrity.

Whether Donovan is just below average or in the bottom quarter of coaches is arbitrary. He suffers from the question of is his strength strategy, personality, identity? Maybe he is a jack of all trades or maybe he is much better at one than the other but honestly it’s very difficult to say at least he has this one great quality that he can rely on. I don’t see it with him at all.

The management, the coaching, the players seem to be pretty equally to blame at this point. Certainly the management is responsible for the other two so blame starts there but it feels like so much has to change. I doubt it but I can only hope it’s coming sooner rather than later.

I would rather root for a team with a coherent identity and direction that loses more games than watch whatever these last several years have been.
burlydee
Sixth Man

Post#357 » by burlydee » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:56 am

Billy made two crucial errors that doomed the Bulls. During the 1st quarter he made no adjustments to stop their run. He didn't bring anyone off the bench. Didn't run plays to get Bam off Derozan. Just watched.

In the 3rd quarter going small was killer. Bulls get no offensive push and their rebounding fell apart. Kevin Love just dominated for like a 3 possession stretch. Can't let that happen.

He also played Terry too early and really had a poor defensive game plan. You can't give up 112 to the Heat.

Something has to change. Whether it's the roster or coach, Bulls can't go into next season with this mix.
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 1,036

Post#358 » by ScrantonBulls » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:59 am

Putting the majority of blame on Billy is wrong. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Simple as that.
burlydee
Sixth Man

Post#359 » by burlydee » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:03 am

burlydee wrote:Billy made two crucial errors that doomed the Bulls. During the 1st quarter he made no adjustments to stop their run. He didn't bring anyone off the bench. Didn't run plays to get Bam off Derozan. Just watched.

In the 3rd quarter going small was killer. Bulls get no offensive push and their rebounding fell apart. Kevin Love just dominated for like a 3 possession stretch. Can't let that happen.

He also played Terry too early and really had a poor defensive game plan. You can't give up 112 to the Heat.

Something has to change. Whether it's the roster or coach, Bulls can't go into next season with this mix.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#360 » by Jcool0 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:04 am

Billy isn't an X and Os mastermind he is more a manager of talent. Being mad at him for not doing better with a team he is ill fitted for isn't understanding his strengths and the teams inherent issues.

Return to Chicago Bulls