Image ImageImage Image

PG: West Coast W

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, Ice Man, dougthonus

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,181

Re: Bulls @ Blazers 8pm CT 

Post#41 » by MrSparkle » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:40 am

HomoSapien wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:I bet 2 pennies that if Vuc were to be traded today, whatever team he joins (except for a Thibs/defensive squad), his 3P% would shoot up with less pressure.

He's been shaken since the trade ; he expends a lot of energy on his lackluster defense, the pressure is high to make open 3Ps, win games, and he's mentally soft.

I believe he's expending a lot of energy being the only big on the floor. It's a lot to ask of him to be the only guy who consistently rebounds and the only one to clog the paint when he is in. I think that's what has affected his offense. He's tiring himself out on the other end. I thought he looked better next to Theis.

I don't disagree. The no-brainer would've been to load up on athletic, aggressive tweener forwards. Demar and Pat do him no favors, let alone Zach.

Since the FO is married to Demar, they should move Vuc by trade or to the bench. But alas, I am 80% certain these 2 are starting in next year's front-court.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#42 » by 2weekswithpay » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:41 am

Coby needs to look for his shot more the team needs a bucket.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,260

Post#43 » by HomoSapien » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:42 am

MrSparkle wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:I bet 2 pennies that if Vuc were to be traded today, whatever team he joins (except for a Thibs/defensive squad), his 3P% would shoot up with less pressure.

He's been shaken since the trade ; he expends a lot of energy on his lackluster defense, the pressure is high to make open 3Ps, win games, and he's mentally soft.

I believe he's expending a lot of energy being the only big on the floor. It's a lot to ask of him to be the only guy who consistently rebounds and the only one to clog the paint when he is in. I think that's what has affected his offense. He's tiring himself out on the other end. I thought he looked better next to Theis.

I don't disagree. The no-brainer would've been to load up on athletic, aggressive tweener forwards. Demar and Pat do him no favors, let alone Zach.

Since the FO is married to Demar, they should move Vuc by trade or to the bench. But alas, I am 80% certain these 2 are starting in next year's front-court.

Completely agree. It's kind of head-scratching that we don't have those type of guys on the roster (outside of what, Philips?). Lonzo, even though he was a PG, sort of filled that role for us too.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#44 » by FriedRise » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:43 am

They just can't stop fouling.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#45 » by MrSparkle » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:43 am

The amazing thing about this Bulls team, is you don't even need to shoot the 3P well to beat them.

You just put average-sized positional guys on the floor, so that they win with length. Must be kind of fun scheming against the Bulls, finding unique new ways to exploit their flaws.

AKME really laid an egg with this year's roster. Last year was kind of excusable, particularly in the summer, as Lonzo's injury was mysterious, Zach was still a good soldier, Goran and Drum were solid bargain pickups.

Running back this year was a kamikaze mission. Undersized. 3P-averse. No primary playmaker. They must've known at least a bit about Zach's displeasures. Slow-pace players. Yet a depth chart full of playoff-quality role-players. Very GarPAX.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#46 » by HomoSapien » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:44 am

Why did Jevon seem like such a great defender in Miluwakee but just seems small here? What's different? Is it our schemes? Is it because we have no PF?
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,604

Post#47 » by BigUps » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:46 am

We’re just an incredibly average team. There’s no other way to look at it. We have a few pieces, but that’s it.

So, here’s what I’d do. I’d play Phillips 15-18 minutes a night for the rest of the season. Develop him and see what you have.

Then trade the rest.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,628
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#48 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:48 am

Why does the ball keep going to DDR for the last shot? How often does that work anymore?
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#49 » by HomoSapien » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:48 am

BigUps wrote:We’re just an incredibly average team. There’s no other way to look at it. We have a few pieces, but that’s it.

So, here’s what I’d do. I’d play Phillips 15-18 minutes a night for the rest of the season. Develop him and see what you have.

Then trade the rest.

He's going to get to do that as long as Pat and Craig are out. I do think we're going to look a lot better the minute Craig comes back. He's an underrated loss.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#50 » by MrSparkle » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:48 am

HomoSapien wrote:Why did Jevon seem like such a great defender in Miluwakee but just seems small here? What's different? Is it our schemes? Is it because we have no PF?

Well, when you've got 3+ DPOY-caliber guys in the line-up...

As I was saying -- Milwaukee's been paying a PREMIUM for any minor upgrade, since they've been cap/pick strapped for years with Giannis. There was more than one reason they let Jevon go for $6-measley-million against their cap (yes yes, rich for our blood, but pennies for a contender).

He's a good 3rd string PG. If he was good enough to be Jrue (or Lillard's) backup, Bucks would've kept him at anything under $12M.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,628
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#51 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:49 am

HomoSapien wrote:Why did Jevon seem like such a great defender in Miluwakee but just seems small here? What's different? Is it our schemes? Is it because we have no PF?

Maybe because he had defenders behind him in Milwaukee?

That's a genuine question. I don't know.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#52 » by 2weekswithpay » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:49 am

Jevon could probably be more aggressive on the perimeter knowing he has Lopez and Giannis guarding the rim.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#53 » by MrSparkle » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:52 am

2weekswithpay wrote:

Jevon could probably be more aggressive on the perimeter knowing he has Lopez and Giannis guarding the rim.

And Middleton and Jrue? And an excellent coach in Bud.

Milwaukee also just had no other PG options. They had nobody after Jrue, who historically benefitted playing some SG as much as PG. They were so desperate as to sign our burned out Dragic. Milwaukee was just stacked with their top-6, so slim pickings with their vet min and MMLE options.

A lot easier to look better when all you have to do for minutes is "play hard." More volume, less pressure to perform.

Here, he has to earn minutes over Coby, Caruso, Ayo (and Zach sometimes). Not that anybody stood out from that list before the season....

Thinking about it... I might be wrong... but wasn't Jevon signed before Coby and Ayo worked out extensions? It could be that they expected to see at least one of those guys walk, as Reinsdorf nay'd any Luxury tax spill-over. There is a distinct possibility that Coby would've walked if some bright team came up with a $16M offer.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,374

Post#54 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:53 am

Give Phillips a year or two, he will be a player.
The Cult of Personality
FriedRise
RealGM

Post#55 » by FriedRise » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:54 am

MrSparkle wrote:
2weekswithpay wrote:

And Middleton and Jrue? And an excellent coach in Bud.

Don't forget Wes Matthews and Grayson Allen, who we obviously hate around here but is actually a decent defender.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#56 » by HomoSapien » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:55 am

I've liked Philips every time we've played him.
Guru
Starter
And1: 224

Post#57 » by Guru » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:55 am

We are winning.
FriedRise
RealGM

Post#58 » by FriedRise » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:55 am

Philips is FUN to watch yo.
RyanJamari
Junior
And1: 122

Post#59 » by RyanJamari » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:55 am

I’m liking Phillips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,134

Post#60 » by Jvaughn » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:58 am

Rookie looks real good tonight.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.

Return to Chicago Bulls