Image ImageImage Image

PG: Bulls Beat Charlotte

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,333

Re: PG: Bulls Beat Charlotte 

Post#41 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:56 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:I think the stat is also misleading a bit.

We were fully healthy last year and were 23-26. This year we have been ravaged with injuries and have the same record.

But the real record under the radar, is actually we are 13 - 10 without Zach.
Lol. I'll bite...And 5-2 when he came back.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#42 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:57 pm

I am actually still ok with derozan being here. He is a good veteran for the team that is still trying to compete. But last night made me wonder if it's better just to get rid of derozan for the sake of coby taking the next step. Coby is respectful and adheres to the pecking order. So when lavine or derozan is on the floor with him he leans on them when the truth is we are better when he is 1st option. 1st option as in decision maker distributor and scorer. I hope he continues to lead going forward but part of me is afraid he will lean on derozan again especially vs these tougher teams.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,373

Post#43 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:10 pm

Stratmaster wrote:

We were fully healthy last year and were 23-26. This year we have been ravaged with injuries and have the same record.

Everything I wrote was 100% factual. Its not agenda driven.

The fact that GMs around league and tv analyst also know this speaks volumes.

It's not all Zach's fault, but when you hear other teams question if he is a winning player, and the team wins more without him, especially this year, is kind of damaging.

Think Kyrie Irving with Boston thing.
The Cult of Personality
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,426

Post#44 » by drosestruts » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:57 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:

It's not all Zach's fault, but when you hear other teams question if he is a winning player, and the team wins more without him, especially this year, is kind of damaging.

Why use such a small sample size from a season in which Zach has dealth with injuries?

Over the past 3 years we're 101-101 in games Zach plays and 16-19 in games he misses.

This would suggest we are not better without Zach.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,241

Post#45 » by Red8911 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:36 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:I am actually still ok with derozan being here. He is a good veteran for the team that is still trying to compete. But last night made me wonder if it's better just to get rid of derozan for the sake of coby taking the next step. Coby is respectful and adheres to the pecking order. So when lavine or derozan is on the floor with him he leans on them when the truth is we are better when he is 1st option. 1st option as in decision maker distributor and scorer. I hope he continues to lead going forward but part of me is afraid he will lean on derozan again especially vs these tougher teams.

Coby has ways to go before he becomes a #1 go to guy for a competitive team. It’s ok if he leans on Demar for a lil longer until he reaches that level.

Besides we shouldnt be too worried about who’s #1,2,or 3. Let’s say the Bulls do what you say to move Demar just so Coby is the guy here. Then what? You want Coby to win you games by himself ?In the future you wouldn’t want to sign any other stars because of Coby ? That doesn’t make any sense.

The coach decides who takes the big shots so once Coby proves that he’s capable I’m sure Billy will make that change and Demar is not the type to get angry he will embrace it if it helps the team win games.
PJSteven22
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#46 » by PJSteven22 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:38 pm

drosestruts wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Lol. I'll bite...And 5-2 when he came back.

Why use such a small sample size from a season in which Zach has dealth with injuries?

Over the past 3 years we're 101-101 in games Zach plays and 16-19 in games he misses.

Because this is a what have you done for me lately league.
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#47 » by drosestruts » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:40 pm

PJSteven22 wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:

But not so lately that we care more for the recent 5-2 record with LaVine vs the 3-3 without LaVine?
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#48 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:45 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:

So was what I wrote.

PJSteven22
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#49 » by PJSteven22 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:46 pm

drosestruts wrote:
PJSteven22 wrote:
drosestruts wrote:

But not so lately that we care more for the recent 5-2 record with LaVine vs the 3-3 without LaVine?

A 5-2 isn’t going to change people’s minds after they started winning when he went down the first time. Plus he looked mostly mediocre in that stretch. Also Pat went down at the same time Zach went down.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,694

Post#50 » by sco » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:54 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:I guess DeRozan just didn't have it to give, he looked like he was sleepwalking. There were times in the last 2 games I thought Zach was out there not Demar turning the ball over.

As the game wore on I started to get the impression that Miles Bridges was auditioning for the Bulls, either to make a trade this year or look to sign him over the summer. He looked like a guy who was demonstrating that all the guards the Bulls could throw at him weren't going to stop him, that Patrick Williams was missing piece that could stay with him and if they were the starting forwards next year it would be a show.

Keep that woman beater away from the squad

I'm a believer in second chances. He served his suspension and wasn't convicted of anything as far as I know (which would change my POV). I haven't heard that he's a locker room problem. I'd be up for taking him.
:clap:
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#51 » by drosestruts » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:55 pm

PJSteven22 wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
PJSteven22 wrote:Because this is a what have you done for me lately league.

A 5-2 isn’t going to change people’s minds after they started winning when he went down the first time. Plus he looked mostly mediocre in that stretch. Also Pat went down at the same time Zach went down.

Correlation =/= causation

A lot of Bulls started the season playing very poorly. In our embarassing loss to Detroit, in which Zach scored 51 points, Coby and Williams started and combined for 0 points. Two starters putting up goose eggs is tough.

Also - excuse me? Zach was mediocore in his recent 7 games he played? In those 7 games he contributed:

15 points on 49/39/81 shooting splits with a 62.5% TS%. Grabbed 6 boards and 5 assists per game.

A guard with a 62% TS% is just not medicore.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#52 » by madvillian » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:57 pm

sco wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:I guess DeRozan just didn't have it to give, he looked like he was sleepwalking. There were times in the last 2 games I thought Zach was out there not Demar turning the ball over.

As the game wore on I started to get the impression that Miles Bridges was auditioning for the Bulls, either to make a trade this year or look to sign him over the summer. He looked like a guy who was demonstrating that all the guards the Bulls could throw at him weren't going to stop him, that Patrick Williams was missing piece that could stay with him and if they were the starting forwards next year it would be a show.

I'm a believer in second chances. He served his suspension and wasn't convicted of anything as far as I know (which would change my POV). I haven't heard that he's a locker room problem. I'd be up for taking him.

His case is ongoing. He's a scum bag. It's garbage the NBA let him back in after he violated the restraining order and was THROWING ROCKS AT HIS EX'S CAR WITH HIS SON INSIDE!
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#53 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:06 pm

drosestruts wrote:
PJSteven22 wrote:
drosestruts wrote:

A lot of Bulls started the season playing very poorly. In our embarassing loss to Detroit, in which Zach scored 51 points, Coby and Williams started and combined for 0 points. Two starters putting up goose eggs is tough.

Also - excuse me? Zach was mediocore in his recent 7 games he played? In those 7 games he contributed:

15 points on 49/39/81 shooting splits with a 62.5% TS%. Grabbed 6 boards and 5 assists per game.

Obviously I am with you on this.

But even if someone is a Zach hater, the fact is that trading him was always the wrong move.

If someone feels the Bulls aren't going anywhere with this group, that would be less reason to trade Zach.

If the issue is you have an aging roster with a play-in ceiling, which is what most claim, then the obvious move is to trade Demar and Vuc. You think Zach is a losing player and has no value? Ok. Then after those trades the team tanks while his numbers go up. He becomes more valuable in the off season.

Or. Zach, Coby, Caruso and Drummond turn out to be better than Zach, Coby, Demar and Vuc and play the style of basketball you want.

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,850

Post#54 » by DuckIII » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:20 pm

madvillian wrote:
sco wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:

His case is ongoing. He's a scum bag. It's garbage the NBA let him back in after he violated the restraining order and was THROWING ROCKS AT HIS EX'S CAR WITH HIS SON INSIDE!

It was actually billiard balls, which is probably much worse than “rocks.”
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,462

Post#55 » by samwana » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:21 pm

I'm in. Trade LaVine for Hayward, Bridges and a first.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,850

Post#56 » by DuckIII » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:23 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
PJSteven22 wrote:A 5-2 isn’t going to change people’s minds after they started winning when he went down the first time. Plus he looked mostly mediocre in that stretch. Also Pat went down at the same time Zach went down.

But even if someone is a Zach hater, the fact is that trading him was always the wrong move.

If someone feels the Bulls aren't going anywhere with this group, that would be less reason to trade Zach.

If the issue is you have an aging roster with a play-in ceiling, which is what most claim, then the obvious move is to trade Demar and Vuc. You think Zach is a losing player and has no value? Ok. Then after those trades the team tanks while his numbers go up. He becomes more valuable in the off season.

Or. Zach, Coby, Caruso and Drummond turn out to be better than Zach, Coby, Demar and Vuc and play the style of basketball you want.

Agree that he’s always been the 1 of The 3 that makes the least sense to trade from a basketball and team building perspective.

But I still vastly prefer to trade them all, so it’s not really a reason to keep Zach as much it is yet another piece of evidence that the FO is just dreadfully incompetent.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#57 » by FriedRise » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Damn, he's basically calling his players trash (which would be correct, but still lol)
Guru
Starter
And1: 223

Post#58 » by Guru » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:57 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
PJSteven22 wrote:A 5-2 isn’t going to change people’s minds after they started winning when he went down the first time. Plus he looked mostly mediocre in that stretch. Also Pat went down at the same time Zach went down.

On Paper Trading Zach makes the least sense. In terms of talent both future and present and fit with a team. In reality, if you watched any games with him after he returned from injury the team didn't mesh with him. AND he asked for a trade and wants to move on.

This logic is completely sound "If someone feels the Bulls aren't going anywhere with this group, that would be less reason to trade Zach.

If the issue is you have an aging roster with a play-in ceiling, which is what most claim, then the obvious move is to trade Demar and Vuc. You think Zach is a losing player and has no value? Ok. Then after those trades the team tanks while his numbers go up. He becomes more valuable in the off season."

..............if you watched no games after he returned and ignore his desire to be moved.

In fact I moved from trade the old guys build around Zach and Coby to where I am not during that time....
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,613

Post#59 » by jacoby1us » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:58 pm

Wingy wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Amazing.

Now that’s what I call continuity.

Consistency at its finest AKME, same team will yield the SAME RESULTS. Brace yourselves for the Play-in Tournament All in RUN.
:nod: :nod:
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#60 » by madvillian » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:06 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn, he's basically calling his players trash (which would be correct, but still lol)

Refreshing honestly, in a world of coach speak like "we just didn't want it enough" and "we're close, we're close" this dude is basically like nah, **** that ****.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.

Return to Chicago Bulls