Image ImageImage Image

PG: Coby show on ESPN but fall short

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,906

Re: PG: Coby show on ESPN but fall short 

Post#41 » by Mk0 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:37 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Read on Twitter

MIP baby, lets go dummies vote for the right guy this time!

*I still can't believe they voted Ja Morant MIP when he was an MVP candidate
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Guru
Starter
And1: 224

Post#42 » by Guru » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:38 am

meekrab wrote:
Guru wrote:Vuc has had a double double in a ridiculous amount of games. Acting like he doesn't have values is just nonsense

Acting like his rebounds mean anything besides "he's tall and camps the paint on defense" is just nonsense.

The league isn't full of other tall guys that don't do as well? He's 9th in rebounding. Is he the 9th tallest guy?
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#43 » by Indomitable » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:38 am

nekorajo wrote:Seriously, is Donovan a better NBA coach than DelNegro?

No but he is carried by his college résumé.
:banghead:
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,180

Post#44 » by MrSparkle » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:38 am

How boring would the 90s be if Billy was coaching the Bulls?

93 Finals G6: "OK Michael- we're gonna pass you the ball and want you to do your thing."

94 2nd Rd. G3: "OK Scottie - you're gonna get the last shot." (Well I guess on the bright side he doesn't pout and sit out)

Billy is basically today's Doug Collins.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#45 » by 2weekswithpay » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:39 am

Stratmaster wrote:Billy had to try his small ball lineup long enough to give up a lead.

Vuc sucked.

Some stupid turnovers.

Insisting on one player taking the last shot, whoever it is, is stupid and easy to defend. I would have loved to have seen a play ruin for a corner 3 from Ayo... using White, Vuc and DDR as decoys. But that's just me.

But all in all, a well played, horribly coached game.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

What small ball lineup? We had a center on the floor the entire game.

Defending the last shot when the other team needs a 3 is always pretty easy. It's even easier when the Bulls don't have any shooters. Like who would buy Vuc as a decoy?
Mk0
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mk0 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:40 am

MrSparkle wrote:How boring would the 90s be if Billy was coaching the Bulls?

93 Finals G6: "OK Michael- we're gonna pass you the ball and want you to do your thing."

94 2nd Rd. G3: "OK Scottie - you're gonna get the last shot." (Well I guess on the bright side he doesn't pout and sit out)

Nah guys liked playing for Doug

Looks at KD's burner account and Zach
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#47 » by madvillian » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:40 am

BD is a "player's coach" and by that we've seen that just means he's not going to rock any vet boats too often with minutes.

Vuc probably should not have even played the offensive possessions down the stretch.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,333

Post#48 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:41 am

Mk0 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Read on Twitter

Coby: Did I make the right play?
DDR: Yeah, he should have converted that
Coby: You sure? It went out of bounds. That had to be my bad, no way he doesn't score there if the pass is good.

watches the replay
re-watches the replay
re-re-watches the replay
re-re-re-watches the replay
I expect it was the opposite.

The pass was too hot, and too high, for a big cutting to the rim. He knows that, and Demar is explaining how and where he should have DROPPED a pass off.

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,772

Post#49 » by Ice Man » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:41 am

I am with the Gafford comment. A handful of 5s are worth their weight in platinum. But if you don't have one of those guys, get a rm runner and shot blocker like Gaff.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#50 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:42 am

Yep

Mk0
RealGM

Post#51 » by Mk0 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:43 am

2weekswithpay wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Billy had to try his small ball lineup long enough to give up a lead.

Vuc sucked.

Some stupid turnovers.

Insisting on one player taking the last shot, whoever it is, is stupid and easy to defend. I would have loved to have seen a play ruin for a corner 3 from Ayo... using White, Vuc and DDR as decoys. But that's just me.

Defending the last shot when the other team needs a 3 is always pretty easy. It's even easier when the Bulls don't have any shooters. Like who would buy Vuc as a decoy?

Vooch can kinda work as a decoy. Everyone knows his 3-ball is cooked but he also doesn't hesitate to shoot them even in the clutch.

And to his credit he does have some clutch 3s in a Bulls uniform. We just hate seeing him take them because he is usually 1-5 at the time. Dude is the locker room leader in "No-no-no-YES!" 3s

That said I would rather have Ayo or AC as the decoy
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#52 » by 2weekswithpay » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:45 am

If the Bulls are serious about winning benching Vuc for Drummond or at least evening the minutes out should be an easy decision. Also there was no reason for AKME to give Vuc that contract without a team option or the last year being non-guaranteed. We can't salary dump a guy nobody wants without attaching assets.
Mk0
RealGM

Post#53 » by Mk0 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:45 am

Stratmaster wrote:
Mk0 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Read on Twitter

Coby: Did I make the right play?
DDR: Yeah, he should have converted that
Coby: You sure? It went out of bounds. That had to be my bad, no way he doesn't score there if the pass is good.

watches the replay
re-watches the replay
re-re-watches the replay
re-re-re-watches the replay
I expect it was the opposite.

The pass was too hot, and too high, for a big cutting to the rim. He knows that, and Demar is explaining how and where he should have DROPPED a pass off.

Agreed on preferring a different pass, but Vucevic still should have had that.
We have seen him catch that before, but I need to see the replay.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#54 » by GoBlue72391 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:47 am

Vuc should shoot more corner 3s and less above the break 3s, but it's kind of hard to get him in the corner when he's either posting up or at the top of the key for pick and rolls/pops or looking for guys to pass to.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#55 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:47 am

2weekswithpay wrote:

Vuc sucked.

Some stupid turnovers.

Of course we had a center on the floor the whole game. 5 minute mark q2. Bulls up 46-31. Billy subs and goes with Vuc, Ayo, Coby, Caruso, Demar. Bulls get outscored 12-3.

And Coby, Demar Vuc wouldn't normally be the focus of the defense on the last play?

Pay attention.

Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#56 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:49 am

Ice Man wrote:I am with the Gafford comment. A handful of 5s are worth their weight in platinum. But if you don't have one of those guys, get a rm runner and shot blocker like Gaff.
They had him. They traded him. People in here were mocking those of us who thought Gafford was an asset.

RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,926

Post#57 » by RSP83 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:53 am

ThisGuyFawkes wrote:Yeah was a good game but fell short. Once again, it seems like we're in that .500 zone. We need to go on a run. At least we've been playing good teams close on the road. No moral victories though. We need to pull these out.

Yeah, AK force me to not settling for moral victories anymore with this team. His measure of success is Wins and Seed position. So, that's how this team should be judged. I don't care Cavs is best team in the league for last x games, it's not about the opponent, it's about Bulls pushing themselves beyond and steal wins. Our next 10-12 games will be against playoff teams, and we're 0-2 in our last 2 against these teams. If we go 2-10 in our next 12 regardless all competitive close games, it's still fail.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#58 » by FriedRise » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:54 am

Read on Twitter
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,022

Post#59 » by meekrab » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:58 am

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's right, but Coach should've taken a time out when we got the rebound. Coby shouldn't have been in the position to throw that bad pass.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,374

Post#60 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:04 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
Guru wrote:Vuc has had a double double in a ridiculous amount of games. Acting like he doesn't have values is just nonsense

As always, the one and only Vuc argument always resorts back to raw counting stats, because he has nothing else in his favor. Drummond gets an assload of double-doubles too and he's basically on a minimum contract.

Ive said this before but its basically Taj vs Boozer right now. You think in theory Boozer is better than Taj. Just basically boscore watching and the ppg or reb per game. But it was really clear when you watched the game, Taj was better than Boozer by that 3rd season.

That is where Drummond is right now. He is clearly better than Vooch right now. But people try to justify semantics like spacing.
The Cult of Personality

Return to Chicago Bulls