Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

rosenthall
Senior
And1: 289

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11 

Post#421 » by rosenthall » Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wonder if Missi moves on up in the draft. That’s a tall fella for that vert.

I find myself being drawn to the long-shot projects in this draft. Missi looks a lot like Capella to me. Not sure this team wants a Capella, but if we got that calibre of player at our pick it'd be a huge win. I also find Salaun intriguing as well. None of the safe guys strike me as likely to be good enough to make much of a difference, so why not strike out for guys who flash elite traits.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,593

Post#422 » by JohnnyTapwater » Mon May 13, 2024 10:25 pm

Take a look at Nikola Djurisic. I like him ALOT.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition 

Post#423 » by donaldtrump_00 » Mon May 13, 2024 10:59 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:BPA. He is a winning type player it seems like and has skills and toughness.

I know nothing about him. But if he is solid enough then he should be the pick. Im tired of draft picks that dont pan out. I rather have the sure thing then going after a need then that center turns out to be a bust. Nobody knows the improvement of patrick williams or if he will ever turn into anything above average. Just bring me in some one that knows what the hell they doing
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,421

Post#424 » by drosestruts » Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

Muzbar wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Buzelis has a better all round game, Smith was pretty 1 dimensional in comparison.

That being said, I do really like Tyler Smith and would love to pick up a 2nd FRP later in the draft to pick him up.

I am admittingly not regularly watching G-league games so a lot of my understanding of these players is from scouting videos, stats, and stuff like that.

When I look at their Per 36 numbers:

Smith: 22 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 1.5 blocks, 1.3 steals, 36% 3P%, and 61% TS%

Buzelis: 16 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 2.3 blocks, 1 steal, 26% 3P%, and 55% TS%

They're both rather skinny 6'11" players and it sounds like the whole Ignite program was a bit of a mess so maybe it's hard to pull too much from their shared year there.

But the numbers don't scream "better all around player" to me

In fact the numbers suggest Buzelis might struggle to score or contribute in any sort of meaningful way. At least with Smith you'd expect him to offer floor-spacing day 1.

I think both will take some time to develop

I hate per36 stats, it's just a projection, not a reality.

Buzelis has a better all-round talent package, he struggled with his shot in the G-league, but he can shoot, he can dribble, he can defend, he can pass. It's not all about the numbers.

As I've said before, I really like Tyler Smith and I would not be upset if the Bulls grabbed a later first and picked him up.

I haven't seen his combine numbers yet, are his measurements good? Buzelis' measurements underwhelmed me if I'm being honest.

Smith measures at 6-8.75 with a wingspan of 7-1

Same height as Buzelis with a 3 inch longer wingspan
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,454

Post#425 » by Muzbar » Mon May 13, 2024 11:29 pm

drosestruts wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
I am admittingly not regularly watching G-league games so a lot of my understanding of these players is from scouting videos, stats, and stuff like that.

When I look at their Per 36 numbers:

Smith: 22 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 1.5 blocks, 1.3 steals, 36% 3P%, and 61% TS%

Buzelis: 16 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 2.3 blocks, 1 steal, 26% 3P%, and 55% TS%

They're both rather skinny 6'11" players and it sounds like the whole Ignite program was a bit of a mess so maybe it's hard to pull too much from their shared year there.

But the numbers don't scream "better all around player" to me

In fact the numbers suggest Buzelis might struggle to score or contribute in any sort of meaningful way. At least with Smith you'd expect him to offer floor-spacing day 1.

I think both will take some time to develop

I hate per36 stats, it's just a projection, not a reality.

Buzelis has a better all-round talent package, he struggled with his shot in the G-league, but he can shoot, he can dribble, he can defend, he can pass. It's not all about the numbers.

As I've said before, I really like Tyler Smith and I would not be upset if the Bulls grabbed a later first and picked him up.

I haven't seen his combine numbers yet, are his measurements good? Buzelis' measurements underwhelmed me if I'm being honest.

Smith measures at 6-8.75 with a wingspan of 7-1

Same height as Buzelis with a 3 inch longer wingspan

Yeah I just saw that myself.

Buzelis is definitely the more talented player, but Smith's measurements have definitely made him more intriguing to me.

I'd honestly be fine trading back from 11 and getting 2 later picks to pick up Smith, or just acquiring a 2nd FRP in general to pick him up.

Smith has some work to do on his game, but I do like him quite a bit.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 934

Post#426 » by burlydee » Mon May 13, 2024 11:44 pm

The Box Office wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:I could see Sheppard falling to us now.

That's a great thing. Reed Sheppard is a great prospect. He doesn't have many flaws in his game.

- Reed is a great defensive player right now. He's a force on that end. We NEED that on the perimeter right now with Alex Caruso. He would be an immediate impact dude for us.
- Reed is a great knock down shooter from anywhere.
- He doesn't turnover the ball that much.
- He can get assists. I don't see him being an elite level assists dude ever in his career, but out of necessity, he can rack them up. Maybe he can develop into it.
- Reed can create his own shot with the dribble. He got handles.
- He's a good finisher.
- He's efficient.

Honestly, I trade LaVine for him. Right now. No problem. Reed, to me, is a top 3 prospect in this draft.

I think Reed is the guy I like most in this draft. I think hid shooting will translate as will the defense. I think he has the potential to be an all star.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,700

Post#427 » by SfBull » Tue May 14, 2024 12:00 am

TheSuzerain wrote:Coby to Spurs for #8 and Bulls pick returned.

No,we won't get a better player than Coby with #8.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,934

Post#428 » by TheSuzerain » Tue May 14, 2024 12:03 am

SfBull wrote:

Coby went #9 so it's certainly possible.
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,595

Post#429 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:07 am

burlydee wrote:
The Box Office wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:I could see Sheppard falling to us now.

That's a great thing. Reed Sheppard is a great prospect. He doesn't have many flaws in his game.

- Reed is a great defensive player right now. He's a force on that end. We NEED that on the perimeter right now with Alex Caruso. He would be an immediate impact dude for us.
- Reed is a great knock down shooter from anywhere.
- He doesn't turnover the ball that much.
- He can get assists. I don't see him being an elite level assists dude ever in his career, but out of necessity, he can rack them up. Maybe he can develop into it.
- Reed can create his own shot with the dribble. He got handles.
- He's a good finisher.
- He's efficient.

Honestly, I trade LaVine for him. Right now. No problem. Reed, to me, is a top 3 prospect in this draft.

I think Reed is the guy I like most in this draft. I think hid shooting will translate as will the defense. I think he has the potential to be an all star.

If he falls to #11 you better start asking yourself, "WTF is wrong with him" because he is a consensus Top 5 in nearly every mock draft.

Top 8 is almost certainly in some order:
Sarr - Top 5 lock likely
Risacher - Top 5 lock likely
Topic - Top 5 lock likely
Sheppard - Top 5 lock likely
Clignan - Top 10 lock likely
Castle - Top 10 lock likely
Buzelis - Top 10 lock likely
Knect - Top 10 lock likely

This is the group we should be "focusing" on:
Holland
Dillingham
Williams
Collier
Walter
Salaun
McCain
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#430 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue May 14, 2024 12:24 am

boozapalooza wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Why is that? He can score at all three levels, is a good athlete and good size.

And he still wouldn’t get this team out of the play in. Just more mediocrity. We don’t need role players. We need foundational pieces of which have maybe .5 in Coby White and .25 in Ayo right now and nothing else.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

HeS goT No PotenTIaL, teRRibLe fiT for BuLLs, hes whITE and unATHleTic!! WONT AMOUNT TO ANYTHING, AS I SIT AT MY COMPUTER LICKING HOT CHEETOS DUST OFF MY SAUSAGE SIZED FINGERS

Guaranteed I’m in better shape than you. Cardio 5 times and week and free weights 3 times a week. It was the opposite routine before I started cutting.

And you are delusional about if you think this guy will be more than a role player at best.Just like Doug McDermott. You probably think team has a future too. Pitiful.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,209

Post#431 » by League Circles » Tue May 14, 2024 12:26 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
SfBull wrote:

Coby went 7th.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#432 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue May 14, 2024 12:27 am

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Eactly. This franchise is a complete disaster right now to anyone looking at it objectively. Trying desperately to win and can’t get past the play-in. And that won’t be changing next season. And the Spurs will get our lottery pick.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,935

Post#433 » by nomorezorro » Tue May 14, 2024 12:30 am

Read on Twitter

this sort of thing popping up at the combine almost never amounts to anything, but given the quality of the draft maybe it's enough to sell me on edey as an alright option at 11
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 445

Post#434 » by greenwing » Tue May 14, 2024 12:41 am

nomorezorro wrote:[twitter]
Read on Twitter
[/twitter]

this sort of thing popping up at the combine almost never amounts to anything, but given the quality of the draft maybe it's enough to sell me on edey as an alright option at 11

You can’t teach size. If the Bulls think Edey can be a viable NBA starter some day then you draft him.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,209

Post#435 » by League Circles » Tue May 14, 2024 12:59 am

For those more familiar with Edey than me, honest question:

Is the knock on him as a prospect based mostly on his age (less room to improve), his lack of ability to guard on the perimeter due to mobility, or the NBA "style" not being much about traditional centers anymore?

He seems like an amazing prospect to me at a very limited look (highlights and scouting articles).
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,595

Post#436 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:07 am

League Circles wrote:For those more familiar with Edey than me, honest question:

Is the knock on him as a prospect based mostly on his age (less room to improve), his lack of ability to guard on the perimeter due to mobility, or the NBA "style" not being much about traditional centers anymore?

He seems like an amazing prospect to me at a very limited look (highlights and scouting articles).

As someone who watch a lot of Purdue games over the last 10+ years...all 3 for sure are knocks and together lead to why he will be a mid-to-late 1st round pick and not an early round pick

If it was 2000 or 2002, etc he'd be a top 5 pick each of the last 3 years but the game has changed and not to his benefit. He'll be a solid contributor to any team that drafts him (i'm not sold on him as an NBA starter, maybe 2-3 of his seasons but not likely right away and possibly not ever), to me he is a career back up Center.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#437 » by prolific passer » Tue May 14, 2024 2:03 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
SfBull wrote:

There is nobody in this draft better than Coby currently is. I think Silver is hoping this draft won't be his version of the 2000 draft.
Chicagoat
Pro Prospect
And1: 992

Post#438 » by Chicagoat » Tue May 14, 2024 2:08 am

Topic is injured, looks like non contact. Might be out for long time. Could be rehabbing his whole rookie season.

Hurts an already weak draft but should the Bulls look into him if he falls to us? I get Bulls have a bad history with injured point guards but is it worth risk for BPA?
AKME? More like MEAK with how they're afraid to make a move to push us in one direction.

Continuity :banghead: :banghead:
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 663

Post#439 » by Rose2Boozer » Tue May 14, 2024 2:09 am

League Circles wrote:For those more familiar with Edey than me, honest question:

How many possessions are you willing to give Edey in the post before you realize his game doesn't work?
ROLES & HOLES
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#440 » by prolific passer » Tue May 14, 2024 2:14 am

What a time to reflect.

20 years ago we drafted Gordon, traded for Deng, drafted Duhon in the 2nd round and signed Noc after the draft.
40 years ago we drafted some guy named Jordan who turned out to be solid.

Return to Chicago Bulls