Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,650

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11 

Post#441 » by fleet » Tue May 14, 2024 2:17 am

jStuNNa wrote:Trade Zach for the #5 or #6 pick. It's really that simple.

We always think our junk is something of value
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#442 » by prolific passer » Tue May 14, 2024 2:21 am

fleet wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:Trade Zach for the #5 or #6 pick. It's really that simple.

We always think our junk is something of value

Ones man trash can be another mans treasure. Let Zach be someones elses trash....I mean treasure.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 664

Post#443 » by Rose2Boozer » Tue May 14, 2024 2:26 am

Muzbar wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
Muzbar wrote:I hate per36 stats, it's just a projection, not a reality.

Buzelis has a better all-round talent package, he struggled with his shot in the G-league, but he can shoot, he can dribble, he can defend, he can pass. It's not all about the numbers.

As I've said before, I really like Tyler Smith and I would not be upset if the Bulls grabbed a later first and picked him up.

I haven't seen his combine numbers yet, are his measurements good? Buzelis' measurements underwhelmed me if I'm being honest.

Smith measures at 6-8.75 with a wingspan of 7-1

Same height as Buzelis with a 3 inch longer wingspan

Yeah I just saw that myself.

Buzelis is definitely the more talented player, but Smith's measurements have definitely made him more intriguing to me.

I'd honestly be fine trading back from 11 and getting 2 later picks to pick up Smith, or just acquiring a 2nd FRP in general to pick him up.

Smith has some work to do on his game, but I do like him quite a bit.

I wouldn't say Buzelis is more talented, maybe his game is more complicated. Dude is a face up four who struggled shooting and his perimeter ball skills aren't good enough to be impactful. I'd stay as far away from dude as possible. My top prospects at 11 are Ware, Smith, and Knecht(if he falls to us).
ROLES & HOLES
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,650

Post#444 » by fleet » Tue May 14, 2024 2:29 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:The Spurs could end up with Topic and Knecht.

They deserve nice things
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,178

Post#445 » by MrSparkle » Tue May 14, 2024 2:41 am

KC thinks Zach has negative value. I think he’s right.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,211

Post#446 » by League Circles » Tue May 14, 2024 2:57 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:
League Circles wrote:For those more familiar with Edey than me, honest question:

Is the knock on him as a prospect based mostly on his age (less room to improve), his lack of ability to guard on the perimeter due to mobility, or the NBA "style" not being much about traditional centers anymore?

He seems like an amazing prospect to me at a very limited look (highlights and scouting articles).

How many possessions are you willing to give Edey in the post before you realize his game doesn't work?

I don't understand the question. I'm just asking some questions to help decide if I think we should draft him. If we drafted him I'd be more heavily inclined than I already am to dump Vuc. If I could do that, I'd try to re-sign Drummond to a multi year deal and plan on him and Edey splitting the C role. Whoever seems better could start. If Edey sucked, not the end of the world, cause a #11 pick doesn't project as any kind of building block type player anyways, and we'd have Drummond locked up, who is already better than Vuc and younger.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
League Circles
RealGM

Post#447 » by League Circles » Tue May 14, 2024 3:03 am

One thing is for sure IMO. This isn't the year and situation where we should draft "BPA". We need to vote for the guy most likely to become a star, even if he doesn't project as the best player. Because the guy that projects as the best player at 11 probably won't ever be a good player (because there really aren't ever 11 good players in a draft historically). Im a sense, at 11 we should want to take a chance on a guy that might project as only like the 15th best player, but who has the best chance to be one of the top 3 guys. That chance might only be 10 or 20% or whatever, but that should be our guiding method IMO. We have more than enough solid players. Need to take a longshot at a star IMO.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#448 » by League Circles » Tue May 14, 2024 3:06 am

prolific passer wrote:What a time to reflect.

20 years ago we drafted Gordon, traded for Deng, drafted Duhon in the 2nd round and signed Noc after the draft.
40 years ago we drafted some guy named Jordan who turned out to be solid.

Maaaaaaaaam where does the time go lol? Can't believe I've been here over 22 years that's just absolutely insane.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#449 » by 2weekswithpay » Tue May 14, 2024 3:08 am

League Circles wrote:For those more familiar with Edey than me, honest question:

Is the knock on him as a prospect based mostly on his age (less room to improve), his lack of ability to guard on the perimeter due to mobility, or the NBA "style" not being much about traditional centers anymore?

He seems like an amazing prospect to me at a very limited look (highlights and scouting articles).

His mobility. People don't think he moves well enough to stay on the court in the modern NBA.

Edey's play style on offense is only an issue if you think he can't play a low usage role. Nobody should believe Edey will get 15+ post-ups a game.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,857

Post#450 » by kulaz3000 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:09 am

League Circles wrote:One thing is for sure IMO. This isn't the year and situation where we should draft "BPA". We need to vote for the guy most likely to become a star, even if he doesn't project as the best player. Because the guy that projects as the best player at 11 probably won't ever be a good player (because there really aren't ever 11 good players in a draft historically). Im a sense, at 11 we should want to take a chance on a guy that might project as only like the 15th best player, but who has the best chance to be one of the top 3 guys. That chance might only be 10 or 20% or whatever, but that should be our guiding method IMO. We have more than enough solid players. Need to take a longshot at a star IMO.

I don't know what others think of the term BPA, but to me it's not to do with production on the college or whatever level they had played in prior to the draft, I'm talking about who the scouts and team deems to project as the best player that is available where they pick, regardless of position. So this would include raw projects, who they see has having potential to be a star player.
Why so serious?
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,304

Post#451 » by Dan Z » Tue May 14, 2024 3:15 am

Chicagoat wrote:

Topic is injured, looks like non contact. Might be out for long time. Could be rehabbing his whole rookie season.

Hurts an already weak draft but should the Bulls look into him if he falls to us? I get Bulls have a bad history with injured point guards but is it worth risk for BPA?

That's unfortunate. It means he won't be able to work out for teams.

I wonder how much this will drop him in the draft...? I thought the Wizards might take him at #2, but now I'm not sure. If he drops to #11 the Bulls should consider it.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#452 » by prolific passer » Tue May 14, 2024 3:18 am

League Circles wrote:
prolific passer wrote:What a time to reflect.

20 years ago we drafted Gordon, traded for Deng, drafted Duhon in the 2nd round and signed Noc after the draft.
40 years ago we drafted some guy named Jordan who turned out to be solid.

Maaaaaaaaam where does the time go lol? Can't believe I've been here over 22 years that's just absolutely insane.

Seems like every 20 years since 84 the bulls have a draft that helps shape the franchise. Will this years draft be the next one? I would try to trade for the Thunder pick as they can afford to lose one.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#453 » by League Circles » Tue May 14, 2024 3:19 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
League Circles wrote:One thing is for sure IMO. This isn't the year and situation where we should draft "BPA". We need to vote for the guy most likely to become a star, even if he doesn't project as the best player. Because the guy that projects as the best player at 11 probably won't ever be a good player (because there really aren't ever 11 good players in a draft historically). Im a sense, at 11 we should want to take a chance on a guy that might project as only like the 15th best player, but who has the best chance to be one of the top 3 guys. That chance might only be 10 or 20% or whatever, but that should be our guiding method IMO. We have more than enough solid players. Need to take a longshot at a star IMO.

I don't know what others think of the term BPA, but to me it's not to do with production on the college or whatever level they had played in prior to the draft, I'm talking about who the scouts and team deems to project as the best player that is available where they pick, regardless of position. So this would include raw projects, who they see has having potential to be a star player.

Yeah I agree. I don't think we should take BPA this time (nor draft based on need or previous production). For example if there is a guy that is very likely to be, say, a "7" player (80% chance let's say, with a 20% chance that he's a "5" or "6"), but another guy with let's say a 20% chance of being an "8" or "9", with an 80% chance of being a "3", this time I want the latter guy. We simply don't need any more "nice", "quality" players. We have plenty of them, but severely lack high end players. Truth be told, we have zero great players, and probably need 2 or 3 to be a great team. Derozan, Zach and Coby kinda flirt with greatness from time to time, but not really. Maaaaaaybe Coby can become great, and maybe even Zach if we keep him, but both are less than 50% chance IMO. Demar is def too old to become great. Patrick Williams has a tiny chance.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#454 » by MrSparkle » Tue May 14, 2024 3:38 am

Why are we overcomplicating the definition of BPA?

No draft algorithm is going to predict that player X is a 7 today and an 8 tomorrow over Y who is a 6 today and a 10 tomorrow. :lol: My head hurts. It's to be expected that there's no Lebron in this draft, let alone at #11. There's absolutely no way to predict a Giannis or Jimmy style 1-to-10 jump. All you could do is keep drafting prospects with elite athleticism, attitude and ballhandling.

Bulls need to try and locate the 5 best, highest-ceiling guys in this draft, and get one of them on this team. They can't keep fumbling picks.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#455 » by MrSparkle » Tue May 14, 2024 3:41 am

Man, that Topic injury kind of screws the Bulls. If it's actually an ACL and he drops to Chicago, I don't know if they can afford to take the 3rd lead guard with on-going knee rehab.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#456 » by League Circles » Tue May 14, 2024 3:47 am

MrSparkle wrote:Why are we overcomplicating the definition of BPA?

No draft algorithm is going to predict that player X is a 7 today and an 8 tomorrow over Y who is a 6 today and a 10 tomorrow. :lol: My head hurts. It's to be expected that there's no Lebron in this draft, let alone at #11. There's absolutely no way to predict a Giannis or Jimmy style 1-to-10 jump. All you could do is keep drafting prospects with elite athleticism, attitude and ballhandling.

Bulls need to try and locate the 5 best, highest-ceiling guys in this draft, and get one of them on this team. They can't keep fumbling picks.

I know that no algorithm can predict it. I guess this is my way of saying I want to go after a high ceiling even if it means an increased risk of a total bust. Most likely nobody at 11 is going to have hardly any skill or attribute that looks to translate to the nba at an elite level. If there's a guy that does have something like that, I say we roll the dice on him.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,862

Post#457 » by Jcool0 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:30 am

MrSparkle wrote:KC thinks Zach has negative value. I think he’s right.

KC also thinks the Bulls should draft need over BPA.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#458 » by MrSparkle » Tue May 14, 2024 5:07 am

Jcool0 wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:KC thinks Zach has negative value. I think he’s right.

KC also thinks the Bulls should draft need over BPA.

Well, I think he’s about as openly confused about AK’s desire to treadmill as any Bulls affiliate.

He also said he’s not an expert on college ball, but if Collier is the best guy available, he’d welcome a floor general since Coby still doesn’t really address that… despite the guard log jam.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#459 » by Muzbar » Tue May 14, 2024 5:13 am

DuckIII wrote:I know a lot of you will understandably disagree due to fit and shooting, but the more recent mocks have me drooling for Castle.

If it holds that he ends up projected around 8/9/10 I’d really like to see AK trade up to secure him.

But I’m intrigued by a lot of these guys.

Duck, what intrigues you about Castle, admittingly I haven't checked out an film on him yet, but his stats look pretty pedestrian (although he was the best shooter in the 3pt drill at the combine).

I don't care about fit, the Bulls should be drafting for talent, not best fit.

I'll check out some YT on him later.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 853

Post#460 » by Bullflip » Tue May 14, 2024 6:01 am

Draft Bronny lol. I mean that would probably guarantee Lebron to come here. If we are not going to be contenders anyways, lets make it interesting lol

Return to Chicago Bulls