Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Trade Rumors Only

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, Ice Man, dougthonus

Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Re: Bulls Trade Rumors Only 

Post#61 » by Indomitable » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:10 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Wingy wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
How do you our irrelevancy ending right now? I see no end to it. DeRozan and Vuc will only get older and worse. Maybe just in time for Ayo and Williams to be good enough to keep us at play-in status. I think Coby will be an all-star, but one lower middle tier all-star not enough to be good these days.

I absolutely love Coby, but the all star talk is really bloated with an enormous amount of pure hope.

Guys like De’Aaron Fox, Domas, Zion, Mikal Bridges, and Trae Young (8th scoring, 2nd assists) all missed the all star game.

Reality is that Coby, our clear best player for the future, still has a rather long way to go just to be in serious consideration. That’s telling when you consider the long term prospects of the team.

He’s a conditional all-star. I think he makes the all-star game if he is having a great season on good Bulls(say a top 5 seed). He won’t if they have a losing record. Zach finally made some all-star teams when we became respectable. Coby is probably in the same boat. The Chicago market helps a lot.

He is a player on a value contract. Coby has great value.

Trade Demar
:banghead:
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,260

Post#62 » by HomoSapien » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:12 am

Indomitable wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:That was the worst play of the season.

?

Jevon Carter catching the ball on a fast break, shuffling his feet to shoot a three, then changing his mind and stepping out of bounds.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,211

Post#63 » by League Circles » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:13 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
League Circles wrote:I'd only get rid of a Demar for a good player or prospect (top 10 pick this summer or recent high pick type). He's likely to be a good player for another 2-3 years, and if the deal is right, it could and should be with us.

Same with Caruso. Good player on a good deal and young enough to re-sign and help us long term.

Vuc, Zach, Carter and Terry I'd trade them for expirings but that's not gonna happen.

Coby I'd trade for the right star.

Patrick we should dangle.

Might as well keep Phillips, Drummond and Craig. I think they're worth more to us than any others and their contracts are not in any way a hindrance.

I lean towards keeping Ayo. I hated his contract but it's low and he is a winner type guy and everyone likes him.

Keep DeMar and Vuc. Trade Coby? WTF? Seriously.

I'd rather have Demar for another couple years at a fair price than get like a late first round pick for him who will likely never be an nba caliber rotation player.

Vuc I'd trade for expirings or obviously something better than that.

I'd only trade Coby as part of a package for a star to superstar type player if one suddenly became available.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Post#64 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:13 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
League Circles wrote:I'd only get rid of a Demar for a good player or prospect (top 10 pick this summer or recent high pick type). He's likely to be a good player for another 2-3 years, and if the deal is right, it could and should be with us.

Same with Caruso. Good player on a good deal and young enough to re-sign and help us long term.

Vuc, Zach, Carter and Terry I'd trade them for expirings but that's not gonna happen.

Might as well keep Phillips, Drummond and Craig. I think they're worth more to us than any others and their contracts are not in any way a hindrance.

I lean towards keeping Ayo. I hated his contract but it's low and he is a winner type guy and everyone likes him.

He's our most valuable asset...

For me, if we're blowing this thing up I'm trading Coby, Pat... everyone. Once the losing starts so do the bad habits.

See I don’t consider trading DeMar and Vuc blowing it especially if you get useful YOUNGER players back in return. When we trade them we aren’t saying salary dump them.

DeMar and probably good for two more seasons. Then what. During that time we San Antonio a potential lottery pick next season which would be devastating considering our current situation. That would be 3 lottery picks in 6 seasons that we traded for what will amount to absolutely nothing accomplished here.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#65 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:13 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

?

Jevon Carter catching the ball on a fast break, shuffling his feet to shoot a three, then changing his mind and stepping out of bounds.

This isn’t the game thread.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#66 » by Wingy » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:14 am

HomoSapien wrote:

Big picture though, keeping DeRozan likely costs you a first-round pick next year.

We’re already 10th worst in the league right now, and are unlikely to ascend as the schedule gets tougher right now.

Our pick would fall within the protections right now, so next year is really far from given with DeMar aging before our eyes, Vuc falling off a cliff, and Zach being unhealthy and immovable.
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 663

Post#67 » by boozapalooza » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:14 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:

No one should be untouchable on our team, even Coby. Lets not forget Haliburton got traded just a couple years ago. I think both sides are happy with how that deal went down. If a young all star player was offered for Coby, its not as if that should be an automatic reject. Depends on the offer.

That said, no argument to keep Demar or Vuc but I dont think that was OP’s point. Hes just them cause no one wants to give up anything for them.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#68 » by HomoSapien » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:14 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Indomitable wrote:?

This isn’t the game thread.

Whoops, my bad.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#69 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:18 am

boozapalooza wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

No one should be untouchable on our team, even Coby. Lets not forget Haliburton got traded just a couple years ago. I think both sides are happy with how that deal went down. If a young all star player was offered for Coby, its not as if that should be an automatic reject. Depends on the offer.

That said, no argument to keep Demar or Vuc but I dont think that was OP’s point. Hes just them cause no one wants to give up anything for them.

No is one untouchable, but Coby’s the last guy I’m trading. A team would need to send 3 or 4 unprotected 1st round picks to even consider it. Or as part of a package for a YOUNG high level all-star coming back to us. So there’s basically no realistic scenario in which he gets traded.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,333

Post#70 » by Stratmaster » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:41 am

HomoSapien wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
MissileMike wrote:
Yes, at least there would be light at the end of the tunnel.

Or just deeper, darker darkness. That's the far more likely scenario...

I'm not a fan of tanking, especially since it feels like we're starting over so often. But I'd rather bottom out than be stuck in play-in territory with an aging core.

Let's bottom out, and just feature Coby, Ayo, Williams, Terry, and Phillips.
Wait. What are you featuring there?

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#71 » by Muzbar » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:47 am

Dan Z wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Is there a limit for how far out draft picks can be traded? If so, I'd supplement with pick swaps. Either way, if we walk out of this deadline with 3 first-round picks and expiring contracts that's a win.

No more than 5 years in advance I believe.

It's 7 years out (I just googled it to double check). That means the best Philly can do in terms of trading first round picks are:

A Philly 2029 or 30 pick (the other one can be a swap).

A 2026 pick (which they get from OKC, Houston or Clippers. Philly gets the least favorable of the three).

A 2028 Clippers pick (unprotected).

Yeah, jnrjr79 already corrected me on that one.

Philly has a few SRPs also.

I think Philly is a great place for DeRozan, they get another scorer to help keep them going and it doesn't hurt their precious capspace that they apparently want to keep. But apparently they don't want him.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#72 » by Stratmaster » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:49 am

Wingy wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
MikeDC wrote:
Getting as bad as we can like so many people want to do is going to extend our irrelevancy at least another 5 years

How do you our irrelevancy ending right now? I see no end to it. DeRozan and Vuc will only get older and worse. Maybe just in time for Ayo and Williams to be good enough to keep us at play-in status. I think Coby will be an all-star, but one lower middle tier all-star not enough to be good these days.

I absolutely love Coby, but the all star talk is really bloated with an enormous amount of pure hope.

Guys like De’Aaron Fox, Domas, Zion, Mikal Bridges, and Trae Young (8th scoring, 2nd assists) all missed the all star game.

Reality is that Coby, our clear best player for the future, still has a rather long way to go just to be in serious consideration. That’s telling when you consider the long term prospects of the team.
This

Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#73 » by Stratmaster » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:50 am

Indomitable wrote:

?
I think he is actually paying attention to the game

WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#74 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:56 am

Stratmaster wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

?

But this isn’t the game thread. I’m sure they realize it now.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#75 » by Indomitable » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:09 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
Indomitable wrote:?

But this isn’t the game thread. I’m sure they realize it now.

I realize that. I was curious what happened
:banghead:
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 663

Post#76 » by boozapalooza » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:17 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
boozapalooza wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

No is one untouchable, but Coby’s the last guy I’m trading. A team would need to send 3 or 4 unprotected 1st round picks to even consider it. Or as part of a package for a YOUNG high level all-star coming back to us. So there’s basically no realistic scenario in which he gets traded.

Agreed, it would take a kings ransom and I cant even think of a guy I would trade him for right now. Maybe like a D-Book or Maxey level guy. Even then, the steal of a contract we have Coby on for the next few years makes him even more valuable.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,306

Post#77 » by Dan Z » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:27 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:If we don’t trade DeRozan we will be forced to re-sign him this offseason. Once he is paid and Pat gets his $18-$20 million will be right at the luxury tax threshold so we won’t even have the mid-level exception to use this off-season. We will literally bring the exact same team plus our draft picks. We’ll definitely lose Drummond because he can get more than the vet min after this season.

Oh yeah if we don’t re-sign DeRozan we still won’t have any cap space because we can only afford to pay because of bird rights. Otherwise we have about $11 million in cap space to work with to fill out the roster. So they will re-sign him in that scenario.

The Bulls could do a sign and trade with DeRozan, but I have no idea which teams would be interested in that.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,379

Post#78 » by The Box Office » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:21 am

If I was trading with the Houston Rockets, I wouldn't be looking at Jalen Green. I was once high on Jalen, but realize that he doesn't play defense. It's no wonder why Jalen Green is in trade rumors.

I would be looking at Tari Eason or Amen Thompson for Zach LaVine OR DeMar DeRozan.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#79 » by HomoSapien » Wed Feb 7, 2024 6:03 am

Stratmaster wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

Or just deeper, darker darkness. That's the far more likely scenario...

I'm not a fan of tanking, especially since it feels like we're starting over so often. But I'd rather bottom out than be stuck in play-in territory with an aging core.

Let's bottom out, and just feature Coby, Ayo, Williams, Terry, and Phillips.
Wait. What are you featuring there?

Youth.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,368

Post#80 » by kodo » Wed Feb 7, 2024 6:32 am

boozapalooza wrote:No one should be untouchable on our team, even Coby. Lets not forget Haliburton got traded just a couple years ago. I think both sides are happy with how that deal went down. If a young all star player was offered for Coby, its not as if that should be an automatic reject. Depends on the offer.

Agreed, both Haliburton and SGA were traded...Coby's not in either player's tier. But I wouldn't trade him for picks, all could be duds with AK drafting. We need a young star back and that's just about impossible. But again, SGA & Hali were traded so never say never, you have to listen to offers.

Return to Chicago Bulls