Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024 3.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,645

Re: Bears 2024 3.0 

Post#61 » by fleet » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:40 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Read on Twitter

Strong speculation on previous speculation. There you go.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:giveup:

Guy is basically saying he spoke to King?
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 755

Post#62 » by Charlesareed » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:42 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hear everything he said and he’s right with that said give me Caleb Williams because he’ll do what Justin fields couldn’t do if all is what he says us true why couldn’t Justin elevate this team to the playoffs like CJ stoud & Jordan love did for their teams heck even baker mayfield took his team
To playoffs
Chicago Raised me
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,131

Post#63 » by patryk7754 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:54 pm

If poles can get the cap to around 90m, I think we can comfortably do the following in free agency

Trade Nate Davis for cosmi in the Washington trade and enter free agency with about 95m

Resign
Johnson:19.5
Lewis
St brown
Scales
Trent Taylor
Cole
Blackwell
Reed

Sign
Center:14m
Madubukie:20m
Townsend: 3
Barkley: 13
Gabe Davis: 8m
Leonard Floyd:3m

Including Nate Davis in any trade involving the 1st would help get to the 95 cap mark.

1st and Davis for a package that includes Sam cosmi, 2024 2nd and the 2nd pick. I would explore doing another trade down with the patriots but I’ll assume that doesn’t happen.

Draft
Harrison
Bowers
Nubin
OL depth

Fields
Moore/Harrison/Davis
Kmet/Bowers/Lewis
Barkley/Herbert/Johnson
Jones/Jenkins/FA/Cosmi/Wright

Sweat/Billings/Madubukie/Walker
Edwards/Edmunds/Sanburn
Johnson/Gordon/Stevenson
Brisker/Nubin

That’s definitely a team that contends
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#64 » by Betta Bulleavit » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:03 pm

Dresden wrote:I've always viewed Peter King's main strength to be his analysis, not his ability to break news or have a lot of inside information. If anything, he seems a bit out of touch lately. I seem to recall him thinking the Bears should try to build around Justin a few months ago, and his rationale was that "who knows what a prospect will do in the NFL".

Oh stop it! If he were saying the opposite of what he said you’d be slobbering all over it. Some people are going to say what you want to hear and others won’t. Let’s just take it for the grain of salt that it is and move forward. As has been discussed, all of these reporters have a tendency to be hit and miss. We should just accept the fact that this number 1 pick thing could go either way and you are free to hope that your way ends up being THE way.
User has a right to express an opinion without being attacked. ~fleet
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#65 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:09 pm

Read on Twitter
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#66 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:10 pm

Read on Twitter
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,935

Post#67 » by nomorezorro » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:57 pm

i think the most likely thing pushing one of the top 3 receivers to 9 would be multiple tackles in the top 8, which i think is pretty realistic. chargers/titans are both obvious candidates to go after an OT, and i think there's an outside chance the giants consider one too. plus you could have a team eager to trade into the top 10 to snipe the tackle-needy jets

(unfortunately, the chargers seem like an obvious trade-down candidate, too. i'm hoping they fall in love with alt or fuaga or whoever and don't feel comfortable that their favored prospect will fall to them if they move off the #5 pick)
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 910

Post#68 » by HearshotKDS » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:03 pm

nomorezorro wrote:i think the most likely thing pushing one of the top 3 receivers to 9 would be multiple tackles in the top 8, which i think is pretty realistic. chargers/titans are both obvious candidates to go after an OT, and i think there's an outside chance the giants consider one too. plus you could have a team eager to trade into the top 10 to snipe the tackle-needy jets

(unfortunately, the chargers seem like an obvious trade-down candidate, too. i'm hoping they fall in love with alt or fuaga or whoever and don't feel comfortable that their favored prospect will fall to them if they move off the #5 pick)

I could see Chargers being very happy with Bowers at 5 given they are like THE Tight End franchise and already have a rock solid QB with Herbert.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#69 » by fleet » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:09 pm

*some* white people sure are comfortable these days. My opinion, find a different way to say that. I must be too old, I haven't seen anyone online having an issue with it.
Read on Twitter
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#70 » by fleet » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:21 pm

Clean up, aisle 13

Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,356

Post#71 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:23 pm

fleet wrote:*some* white people sure are comfortable these days. My opinion, find a different way to say that. I must be too old, I haven't seen anyone having an issue with it.
Read on Twitter

Not gonna lie I was rereading trying to figure out what you were referring to here. I'm no spring chicken in my late 30s but I blew past that comment with zero care/thought on first read easily. But on focused re-reading I suppose I see the specific thing you're referring to. Didn't sound off any alarms for me at least. I refer to people - young, old, black, white, friend, stranger whoever as "ole boy" in an endearing manner all the time. This felt similarly used, to me at least. Context and all.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#72 » by fleet » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:35 pm

More from Bill Zimmerman. No idea the reputation. Throwing out the rumors

I’ve heard the Chicago Bears do love the physical gifts of Caleb Williams, but even Poles mentioned about “getting to know the person” in his press conference at the end of the year and they haven’t had the opportunity to do that yet with any of these QBs. They are doing their due diligence on all of them, and they’ll start meeting with them at the combine this week.

I’ve also heard the Bears are intrigued by Jayden Daniels and JJ McCarthy. I haven’t heard any connections to Drake Maye yet, but wait a couple of days, and I’m sure there’ll be one soon enough.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2024/2/26/24083837/rumors-surrounding-justin-fields-number-one-pick-pre-combine-chicago-bears-caleb-williams
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#73 » by fleet » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:39 pm

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
fleet wrote:*some* white people sure are comfortable these days. My opinion, find a different way to say that. I must be too old, I haven't seen anyone having an issue with it.
Read on Twitter

Not gonna lie I was rereading trying to figure out what you were referring to here. I'm no spring chicken in my late 30s but I blew past that comment with zero care/thought on first read easily. But on focused re-reading I suppose I see the specific thing you're referring to. Didn't sound off any alarms for me at least. I refer to people - young, old, black, white, friend, stranger whoever as "ole boy" in an endearing manner all the time. This felt similarly used, to me at least. Context and all.

I'm not saying there was bad intent at all. I'm just from the old fashioned idea that there are some ways and manner of speaking that white people should be respectful the sordid history of. Definitions change over time, but... Like I said, I am old.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,601

Post#74 » by dice » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:46 pm

HearshotKDS wrote:
nomorezorro wrote:i think the most likely thing pushing one of the top 3 receivers to 9 would be multiple tackles in the top 8, which i think is pretty realistic. chargers/titans are both obvious candidates to go after an OT, and i think there's an outside chance the giants consider one too. plus you could have a team eager to trade into the top 10 to snipe the tackle-needy jets

I could see Chargers being very happy with Bowers at 5 given they are like THE Tight End franchise and already have a rock solid QB with Herbert.

for whatever reason, the mocks have shifted to favoring the chargers taking alt rather than bowers. this would assume alt being willing to play RT
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#75 » by Betta Bulleavit » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:49 pm

dice wrote:
HearshotKDS wrote:

for whatever reason, the mocks have shifted to favoring the chargers taking alt rather than bowers. this would assume alt being willing to play RT

I still lean pretty heavily towards them drafting Bowers unless something crazy happens at the combine.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#76 » by Betta Bulleavit » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:56 pm

fleet wrote:Clean up, aisle 13

This was actually a great listen. I don’t know that he was backtracking as much as he was doing a deeper dive into why he questions Caleb’s ability to be as successful at the NFL level as he was in college.

I know that when I watched Williams play, both inside and outside of the pocket, it felt like he was always more comfortable outside than in. Not that he was averse to playing in the pocket. But that didn’t feel like it was his natural space. But maybe that was just me.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,131

Post#77 » by patryk7754 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:56 pm

I think the best case scenario for a multi-year plan would be this...

Trade the 1st to Commanders for a package including Sam Cosmi, 2024 2nd pick, 2024 2nd round pick, 2025 1st, 2026 1st
Trade 2nd pick down to 3 and receive Patriots 2024 and 2025 2nds

Then, Commanders 2025 1st ends up being a top 5 pick and trading down from that (assuming an all-star prospect is there for us), acquiring a third 2026 pick.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,601

Post#78 » by dice » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:02 am

Charlesareed wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:I'd be down with this:

Read on Twitter

Not a bad move at all it addresses the needs all in the draft plus whatever moves poles make in free agency

we're not using a #9 on a freaking center
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#79 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:07 am

Read on Twitter
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,356

Post#80 » by Kurt Heimlich » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:08 am

dice wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:I'd be down with this:

Read on Twitter

Not a bad move at all it addresses the needs all in the draft plus whatever moves poles make in free agency

we're not using a #9 on a freaking center

We've reached the stage of the dead part of an epic off season where every millionth iteration of a mock draft has been made so this is what is left lol.

Return to Chicago Bulls