Image ImageImage Image

AK end of season press conference?

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,077

Re: AK end of season press conference? 

Post#61 » by Chi town » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:35 am

Love how Cowley totally busted his balls at the 6 min mark.

It pretty clear the Meh 3 are done. Vuc and Zach gone. I also don’t think he’s committed to DDR.

I think the only way he keeps his job past next season is if he REBUILDS. They will be a play in team again next season
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 910

Post#62 » by HearshotKDS » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:41 am

So! Now that we know the music has stopped, what can we do about it? Mr. Karnisovas, Mr. Eversley, I'm afraid I think this is where you are supposed to step back in. Lord knows we have stated enough of the obvious tonight. What do you have for us?
KissedByaRose1
Pro Prospect
And1: 427

Post#63 » by KissedByaRose1 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:14 am

I'll be devastated if we don't fire this clown. Not having the rights to our 1st round draft pick also this year is such a kick to the nuts. Vooch is awful. Like really bad/not a top 20 C in this league. I was a Patrick Williams truther for forever but this year was my last straw with him. He's shown absolutely nothing that he has the aggressiveness/mental makeup to be a consistent contributor on a winning team in this league. I get that he's young, but i have a rotten feeling his issue is one that can't be fixed.

We gota get whatever the heck we can for our very deprecated assets and pray to God for lottery luck. If not our best case scenario is we have more 9/10 seed games to look forward to. We need some serious help.

Also as a side note - it absolutely blows my mind how little **** Reinsdorf gets locally or nationally. I'd argue this 7 year stretch since the Butler trade is as bad as any 7 years of Knicks incompetence window you want to pick and Dolan gets painted as the antichrist while we never get any heat from the media to potentially inspire change.
DuckIII wrote: We can't out-Miami, Miami. But based on their roster, we can out-Chicago them.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,151

Post#64 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:25 am

KissedByaRose1 wrote:I'll be devastated if we don't fire this clown. Not having the rights to our 1st round draft pick also this year is such a kick to the nuts. Vooch is awful. Like really bad/not a top 20 C in this league. I was a Patrick Williams truther for forever but this year was my last straw with him. He's shown absolutely nothing that he has the aggressiveness/mental makeup to be a consistent contributor on a winning team in this league. I get that he's young, but i have a rotten feeling his issue is one that can't be fixed.

We gota get whatever the heck we can for our very deprecated assets and pray to God for lottery luck. If not our best case scenario is we have more 9/10 seed games to look forward to. We need some serious help.

Also as a side note - it absolutely blows my mind how little **** Reinsdorf gets locally or nationally. I'd argue this 7 year stretch since the Butler trade is as bad as any 7 years of Knicks incompetence window you want to pick and Dolan gets painted as the antichrist while we never get any heat from the media to potentially inspire change.

I think it's next year's pick that's top 10 protected and we have ours this year. good time to finish in the bottom 10. sign and trade derozan and pat, get anything for lavine, let vuc bumslay and try to raise his value so he can be traded.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,239

Post#65 » by Red8911 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:04 am

Compared to the past couple of years AK now seems serious that he’s going to make changes. He did make mistakes by staying pat for a couple of years but let’s see what he can do now.

I thought AK did an excellent job in the beginning when he brought in all these talented players Demar, Vuc, AC, Ball but unfortunately it just didn’t work out. He should have moved on earlier but again let’s see what he does now. There’s already rumors that they will be targeting a star player…

In terms of the roster the big 3 will finally break up. Zach and Vuc are most likely gone. Demar is getting very good money to stay in Chicago, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t return.

The way I see it Demar,Coby, Ayo and PWill are the only locks to return next season even though 2 of them are FA’s and things can always change.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,572

Post#66 » by fleet » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:54 am

DuckIII wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
umfan83 wrote:
Is the bold something that AK said?

The bold isn’t a direct quote, but all that was said or implied in so many words. With the coaching staff he meant the assistants, not BD.

Well I’m super encouraged. New assistant coaches, no changes in the FO, and trading Zach at his lowest possible value sound like just the type of sweeping changes this team has been waiting for!

Time is now?
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#67 » by fleet » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:58 am

dawhizz wrote:Seems to be going on now

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=cLrE-3h2uw3rACxhQZYEvg

this is the same guy that did not do the obvious last year anyway. How is he telling anyone what is obvious? This is like a smoker that knew there was a gas leak in the house waking up from a coma telling his doctor that you obviously can’t smoke in a house that leaks gas!
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,738

Post#68 » by Mk0 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:58 am

Chi town wrote:Love how Cowley totally busted his balls at the 6 min mark.

It pretty clear the Meh 3 are done. Vuc and Zach gone. I also don’t think he’s committed to DDR.

I think the only way he keeps his job past next season is if he REBUILDS. They will be a play in team again next season

fml, AKME has me on the same page as Cowley now? yeesh.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#69 » by fleet » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:09 am

coldfish wrote:
Hangtime84 wrote:
coldfish wrote:AK sounds shell shocked in the press conference. Its not a good look from leadership.

he had a formula and stayed patience with that said formula and failed.

If he just came in and stayed patience with that formula we would be in a better situation.

Giving up Lauri/Gafford and Vooch trade hurt.

It all started with desire to upgrading the C position no matter the cost.

Yeah, he sounded like a guy who knew that he F'ed up. Doing nothing would have been better than what he did.

I will say this though. It was the first time in a while where he sounded like he was attached to reality. Baby steps.

Except the reality is that he sucks at his job, and can’t do it, yet will continue to do it anyway.
WestsideResider
Head Coach
And1: 3,092

Post#70 » by WestsideResider » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:55 am

These things were obvious to most people two seasons ago. How little foresight does this guy have?
I'm not here to argue.
CROBulls
Junior
And1: 163

Post#71 » by CROBulls » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:41 am

39-43 sounds a lot worse than 40-42 or 41-41 record. When in reality its same sh`` just different package. Thats why its "alarming" situation. There is no hope for Bulls.

There is no easy way out getting off from this situation. I talked about this year ago. Its multy year process. And with this year we just delayed this process for another year. If Bulls are relevant by 2027 it will be because some kind of luck, like drafting Rose with 1.7% percent. But otherwise 2029 likely.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,956
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#72 » by MalagaBulls » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:43 am

A lot of podcasters & really good reporters who have followed the Bulls for years are tuning out:

Read on Twitter
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 899

Post#73 » by Evil_Headband » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:17 am

It will be hard for AK to make any real changes. He has two requirements in decision making:

1. Stay out of the luxury tax
2. For major moves, only make moves that will make the Bulls better for next year

He’ll try to move Zach but there won’t be offers that improve the team short term. Letting DeMar or Patrick walk makes them worse. They’ll be back.

It’s not what I would do but there is a chance it works out. Coby and Ayo seem to still be improving. Pat could improve. DeMar is still fighting off Father Time pretty well. A healthy, engaged Zach is a good player. Hell, there is even a non-zero chance that Lonzo is back and contributing. Maybe even one of the young, developmental players makes a jump. Maybe they hit on the draft pick.

I have no idea how he stays out of the luxury tax though unless Lonzo medically retires. Contract is wiped then, right?
Mindcrime
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#74 » by Mindcrime » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:31 am

The dignity to walk away when you fail .... Sorry i was just day dreaming for a moment.

Anyway, we can sumarize the current FO regime work in one sentence: The initial pitch that got them the job. AK's mild involvment in the Denver buil up and ME relation with Demar. So starting up trading for Vuc which wasnt the worst move by any stretch, singing Lonzo (also not a bad move),geting Demar(hope he at least pays ME salary which I doubt) drafting Ayo as a local kid (who by the way no one expected to out perform like he did), lucking into Caruso (who the Lakers were too dumb not to resign and has nothing to do with AK beign genius) and that's about it for their WHOLE tenure in Chicago (if you don't consider Drummond's cheap deal of course and all of the Javontes on the court for some comfort).

Other than? Terry, Phillips, Craig, Carter, Patrick and I cant care less to find the rest of the names that showed up in the last 3 years. Siting at the middle of the table with limited draft picks, contracts at all-time low value and no future vision whatsoever? Sounds like the old school Knicks.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,418

Post#75 » by coldfish » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:33 am

MalagaBulls wrote:A lot of podcasters & really good reporters who have followed the Bulls for years are tuning out:

Read on Twitter

The Bulls aren’t going to lose sleep over our decision. They have said as much this year, telling The Athletic’s Darnell Mayberry that they don’t care about “your fans.” Those would be the fans who still love the franchise enough to pay for media coverage, but refuse to buy tickets because of its direction.

That article is harsh but accurate.
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 144

Post#76 » by Bulldog23 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:05 pm

These comments I make are not new. This team in general is undersized upfront. The Bulls need a strong 4/5 player to move Patrick into wing. A defensive center that can rebound and defend paint. You can keep one of the three..of Vuc, Lavine, or DDR. Not sure what the Bulls do…I just feel they are late in making changes. AK is stubborn and doesn’t want to admit as result slow decision making.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,292

Post#77 » by Jstock12 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:38 pm

Mindcrime wrote:The dignity to walk away when you fail .... Sorry i was just day dreaming for a moment.

Congrats, you're a better man than the other 99.9% of the population myself included, because I would not decline millions of dollars and a dream job without even trying to fix my mistakes (and by doing so have no more future in the league as an executive). If you actually look at it from AK's point of view, this is quite an obvious decision.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,418

Post#78 » by coldfish » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:40 pm

Dumb question: I didn't have the stomach to watch the whole press conference. Was Vucevic discussed?

IMO, he is an issue but the Bulls exacerbate it by:
- Giving into his mopiness. He gets too many entitlement minutes and has too long of a leash. There are games where he is a problem and should be benched.
- Insisting that he is a floor spreader. He isn't. Teams are ignoring him behind the arc and just filling the lane. He is punishing them with a (checks notes) 29.4% 3p%. The offense needs to change fundamentally if Vucevic is your starting C.
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 899

Post#79 » by Evil_Headband » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:40 pm

coldfish wrote:Dumb question: I didn't have the stomach to watch the whole press conference. Was Vucevic discussed?

IMO, he is an issue but the Bulls exacerbate it by:
- Giving into his mopiness. He gets too many entitlement minutes and has too long of a leash. There are games where he is a problem and should be benched.
- Insisting that he is a floor spreader. He isn't. Teams are ignoring him behind the arc and just filling the lane. He is punishing them with a (checks notes) 29.4% 3p%. The offense needs to change fundamentally if Vucevic is your starting C.

He wasn’t discussed individually.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,927

Post#80 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:08 pm

The fault is with the people who hired him in the first place.

He's clearly a dunce in over his head. That they fell for it and made him VP is just a wildly bad look.

Return to Chicago Bulls