Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,241

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#761 » by Red8911 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:56 pm

terry wrote:
MisterRoy wrote:
Bullflip wrote:
I think Rose is injured.

Did he just get hurt? He played last night.

Sent from somewhere you’ve never been.

Looks like he left the game last night with a sore ankle. So doesnt seem serious. Day to day.

I would absolutely do Rose for Carter. I dont know whty the Grizzlies would want Carter and his contract though.

Rose is done, is always injured and wouldn’t help the Bulls at this point. Carter believe it or not is still the better option between the 2.

Bulls had chances a couple of times to sign him as a FA when he was actually good but they didn’t. Now it’s too late.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,695

Post#762 » by sco » Wed Feb 7, 2024 6:01 pm

Red8911 wrote:
terry wrote:
MisterRoy wrote:Did he just get hurt? He played last night.

Looks like he left the game last night with a sore ankle. So doesnt seem serious. Day to day.

I would absolutely do Rose for Carter. I dont know whty the Grizzlies would want Carter and his contract though.

Rose is done, is always injured and wouldn’t help the Bulls at this point. Carter believe it or not is still the better option between the 2.

Bulls had chances a couple of times to sign him as a FA when he was actually good but they didn’t. Now it’s too late.

IMO, if we're trading Carter, it's to bring back a big. He's a credible back-up PG, but we have a lot of other guys who can play that same role, where we are very thin at PF and C.
:clap:
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,681

Post#763 » by Jkam31 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 6:54 pm

Charlesareed wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:I wonder what Davion Mitchell's availability is. His role has gotten smaller each season on the Kings. I really liked him coming out of the draft and still like him as a defensive stopper. He'd be a fun young third guard to throw into the mix with Coby and Ayo.

He’s available in trade talks idk if the kings will do a trade with the bulls since their target Zach lavine his our the rest of the season they were a good trade partner for the bulls Zach Carter taylor for Mitchell Barnes & Kevin heurter

We’re not trading for Lavine even if he were healthy doesn’t fit the team let alone giving up Huerter. No doubt we’d include Mitchell and a first for Caurso maybe add in Huerter or barnes to get back Williams
Red8911
RealGM

Post#764 » by Red8911 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:19 pm

Jkam31 wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:I wonder what Davion Mitchell's availability is. His role has gotten smaller each season on the Kings. I really liked him coming out of the draft and still like him as a defensive stopper. He'd be a fun young third guard to throw into the mix with Coby and Ayo.

He’s available in trade talks idk if the kings will do a trade with the bulls since their target Zach lavine his our the rest of the season they were a good trade partner for the bulls Zach Carter taylor for Mitchell Barnes & Kevin heurter

We’re not trading for Lavine even if he were healthy doesn’t fit the team let alone giving up Huerter. No doubt we’d include Mitchell and a first for Caurso maybe add in Huerter or barnes to get back Williams

You act as if you represent the Sacramento Kings, are involved in trade negotiations and make the final decisions lol.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,695

Post#765 » by sco » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:34 pm

Red8911 wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:

You act as if you represent the Sacramento Kings, are involved in trade negotiations and make the final decisions lol.

Hey, we do that all the time. I'm happy the Kings have a fan that shows up here!
:clap:
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#766 » by 2weekswithpay » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:42 pm

Read on Twitter

One Drummond suitor off the board.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#767 » by Muzbar » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:06 pm

Drummond/Carter for Reed/KJ Martin or Beverley? :dontknow:
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,681

Post#768 » by Jkam31 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:14 pm

Red8911 wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:

Bro what kind of response is that nobody here including you represent either team we’re discussing what other teams would want.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,103

Post#769 » by Wingy » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:16 pm

Bullsy, AK move to shore up a playin spot, and then his 3 acolytes can say he did something too:

Dalen Terry and a 2028 2nd (who needs any of these!!!) out

Cedi Osman in

This is the pinnacle of what I expect from these bozos. what does that mean?

(Nope, tax, but you get the idea)
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Post#770 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:30 pm

Wingy wrote:Bullsy, AK move to shore up a playin spot, and then his 3 acolytes can say he did something too:

Dalen Terry and a 2028 2nd (who needs any of these!!!) out

Cedi Osman in

This is the pinnacle of what I expect from these bozos. what does that mean?

(Nope, tax, but you get the idea)

We are a dire situation as fans. We have front that zero interest in actually trying build a contender. They have shown us that 7th/8th seed and 1st round loss is considered a successful season.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#771 » by Muzbar » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:31 pm

Ok what about this based off 6ers rumours.

Bulls receive:

Jalen Smith (Ind)
Furkan Korkmaz (Phi)

76ers receive:

Andre Drummond (Chi)
Buddy Hield (Ind)

Pacers receive:

Marcus Morris Sr. (Phi)
Jevon Carter (Chi)
Draft capital? (Phi)

Bulls continue continuity but get more shooting and a young big.

76ers get to players the covet and bolster their roster without hurting their precious capspace.

Pacers get a good rotation vet and another shooter plus some draft capital to restock their chest a bit.

Bulls roster looks as such:

White/Ayo/Ball*
Caruso/Korkmaz/LaVine*
DeRozan/Terry/Phillips
Williams/Craig/Taylor
Vucevic/Smith
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,597

Post#772 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:32 pm

^I'd sign that in a heartbeat but i highly doubt it would happen
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,428

Post#773 » by drosestruts » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:43 pm

Here's a dumb idea

Lonzo Ball for Doug McDermott and Cedi Osman

Bulls get two floor spacing forwards that can play right now and expire at the end of the year.

Spurs gamble on Lonzo's miraculous recovery. It only helps their draft positioning this year, and if Lonzo doesn't work out, it's only one additional year he's on the books. If it does work out - he's an amzazing fit with Wemby.

It will negativley affect San Antonio's summer cap space though i'm not sure what plans they had if any with that space.
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,002

Post#774 » by MisterRoy » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:50 am

I think trading Ball is a black eye for the Bulls. I doubt it happens.

Red8911
RealGM

Post#775 » by Red8911 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:21 am

Jkam31 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

Bro what kind of response is that nobody here including you represent either team we’re discussing what other teams would want.

Just take Lavine and ask questions later.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#776 » by Muzbar » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:45 am

Ok, another Philly idea that'll never happen

DDR/Drummond for Reed/Morris/Korkmaz

6ers get another scorer to help keep the ship afloat and a bigman until Embiid gets back.

Bulls get a young big in Reed to use going forward, a shooter in Korkmaz and Morris is a good vet to have on board also.

Follow up that trade by trying to acquire either Thomas Bryant or Orlando Robinson from Miami to shore up the Bulls front court.

White/Carter/Ball*
Caruso/Ayo/Korkmaz
Williams/Morris/Terry
Reed/Craig/Phillips
Vucevic/Bryant

I don't know, I'm bored, if AKME isn't going to be active, I'm going to be.

It's alright, after the deadline I won't be posting anything like this again.

Bring on our big deadline acquisition: Kyle Lowry.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#777 » by FriedRise » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:43 am

Muzbar wrote:Bring on our big deadline acquisition: Kyle Lowry.

Which one of these exceptions will they use on Lowry I wonder?
Read on Twitter
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,121

Post#778 » by jordanwilliams6 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:19 am

All these young players the Bulls might have been able to acquire if they sold higher. First Kuminga and now Ivey looks significantly better without Cade on the floor.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,501

Post#779 » by jnrjr79 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:08 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Bring on our big deadline acquisition: Kyle Lowry.

Which one of these exceptions will they use on Lowry I wonder?
Read on Twitter

The tweet is a little misleading since the Bulls are hard capped. They have $1.7 million before they enter the tax and something like $6 million and change total that they would be allowed to spend if they were willing to go into the tax.

That should be enough for Lowry, though. I assume Lowry will have more competitive suitors, but who knows.
DropStep
Junior
And1: 166

Post#780 » by DropStep » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:32 pm

76ers got Hield for Marcus Morris, Korkmaz and 3 seconds per Woj. Seems like a good get, maybe for a fair price. This should take them out of the DeRozan market.

Second round picks continue to fly around in mass volumes. Apparently there's an exception in the new CBA for signing a 2nd rounder. Add in the developing G-league players you can get at any time, and the extra 2-way spots every team now has, and it has changed the calculus on trades a lot. It speaks to the depth of talent available these days, too. Seems like seconds were almost valueless not long ago, now there's a bundle of them in almost every trade. One of the big uses for them seems to be to send them back out in other trades, though, which is kind of circular logic. Feels like sending bitcoin.

Return to Chicago Bulls