Image ImageImage Image

Update PG 4: Patrick Williams OUT For Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,304

Re: PWill will be re-evaluated in 2 weeks with acute bone edema 

Post#81 » by Dan Z » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:41 pm

Does anyone know if this will effect his off season training?
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#82 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:44 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

To the surprise of absolutely no one. This is the most predictable news of all time.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#83 » by Dan Z » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:46 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

To the surprise of absolutely no one. This is the most predictable news of all time.

At least it didn't drag on like the Lonzo injury.

Actually now that I say this I hope it doesn't go beyond this season.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,935

Post#84 » by nomorezorro » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:46 pm

i honestly thought bulls fans were overly dramatic about the injury stuff but this latest run is something else
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,259

Re: Update PG 4: Patrick Williams OUT For Season 

Post#85 » by HomoSapien » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:47 pm

Pretty much anytime the Bulls say they are going to reevaluate a player in two weeks that player ends up having a season ending injury. So ridiculous.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,935

Post#86 » by nomorezorro » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:47 pm

condolences to torrey craig on his presumable medical retirement
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,356

Post#87 » by Kurt Heimlich » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:51 pm

Best wishes on Pat's recovery. Obviously crushes his shall we say previously elevated dreams of his next contract. Is giving him the qualifying offer now a question mark? Especially after the Lonzo debacle.
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#88 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 pm

Dan Z wrote:Does anyone know more about this type of injury? Is it something that will be fixed with surgery and heal or is it something that is reoccurring?

Also, what do you think this means for his upcoming contract extension? Any predictions on that?

My uneducated guess is that we still re-sign him, say something like 4/$80M, and come to regret not trading him when his value was still relatively high.

As for his injury, no idea, but it's the Bulls so it's probably safe to assume this is a career-altering injury that will persist for years to come. Joking, kinda. But not really :cry:
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#89 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:54 pm

Bullflip wrote:We have like the worst medical team in the NBA

And it seems like that dates back years and years. Decades even, despite the org changing athletic trainers and medical staffs multiple times over the years.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#90 » by Pax for Prez » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:55 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:Does anyone know more about this type of injury? Is it something that will be fixed with surgery and heal or is it something that is reoccurring?

Also, what do you think this means for his upcoming contract extension? Any predictions on that?

My uneducated guess is that we still re-sign him, say something like 4/$80M, and come to regret not trading him when his value was still relatively high.

As for his injury, no idea, but it's the Bulls so it's probably safe to assume this is a career-altering injury that will persist for years to come. Joking, kinda. But not really :cry:

Remember Pat's agents were looking for $200M.

I expect him to sign the one year QO, bet on himself and reenter Free Agency next year.

Pax
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#91 » by _txchilibowl_ » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:55 pm

Dan Z wrote:
WestsideResider wrote:There’s never any positive news about this awful franchise

Some of it's the front office and the direction they've moved in with this team.

I'm sure they'll point to injuries as a reason why the team finished 9th or 10th (2nd year in a row).

Would they be wrong?
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,356

Post#92 » by Kurt Heimlich » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:55 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:

That contract seems insane to me. Even without the now very evident medical projections, 4/80 sounded like an overpay. Now that just sounds like malpractice.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#93 » by Dan Z » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:55 pm

Kurt Heimlich wrote:Best wishes on Pat's recovery. Obviously crushes his shall we say previously elevated dreams of his next contract. Is giving him the qualifying offer now a question mark? Especially after the Lonzo debacle.

This site says the QO is 12.9 million.

If he were to sign for that much, does it mean there are any rules attached to it such as he can't be traded or whatever?

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/chicago-bulls/patrick-williams-70646/

12.9 million for him next year wouldn't be a bad idea. He can try to prove that he's worth more and is healthy.
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#94 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:56 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Pretty much anytime the Bulls say they are going to reevaluate a player in two weeks that player ends up having a season ending injury. So ridiculous.

It's like they know it's a season-ending injury but they don't want the fanbase to panic and try to let them down easy with this re-evaluation or previously the infamous 6-8 week nonsense.

It's ok AKME, you can tell us. We can handle it.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#95 » by Dan Z » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:58 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
WestsideResider wrote:There’s never any positive news about this awful franchise

Some of it's the front office and the direction they've moved in with this team.

I'm sure they'll point to injuries as a reason why the team finished 9th or 10th (2nd year in a row).

Would they be wrong?

No, but they'd be wrong in thinking that a healthy roster means a contending team.

They should think about the teams future and have to take injuries into account. For example, even if Lonzo comes back next year he'll be 2.5 years away from competitive basketball. I wouldn't expect anything from him next year.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,121

Post#96 » by jordanwilliams6 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:58 pm

I think everyone here knew this was coming.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#97 » by 2weekswithpay » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:00 pm

Dan Z wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:Best wishes on Pat's recovery. Obviously crushes his shall we say previously elevated dreams of his next contract. Is giving him the qualifying offer now a question mark? Especially after the Lonzo debacle.

If he were to sign for that much, does it mean there are any rules attached to it such as he can't be traded or whatever?

12.9 million for him next year wouldn't be a bad idea. He can try to prove that he's worth more and is healthy.

He can be traded but the QO comes with a no trade clause attached. Pat would have to agree to any trades.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#98 » by Dan Z » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:02 pm

Does this mean we'll see more minutes from Phillips going forward?

I could see DDR and Vucevic logging heavy minutes. Drummond should get a good amount too (which many people have been pushing for).

Keep in mind that Torey Craig is also out (but not season ending).
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#99 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:02 pm

Pax for Prez wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:

Remember Pat's agents were looking for $200M.

I expect him to sign the one year QO, bet on himself and reenter Free Agency next year.

Pax

I'm pretty sure that $200M was either misquoted, taken out of context, or debunked. I think what they actually want is $20M+ per year and I think he'll get it.

QO is pretty rare and is rarely in the player's favor. What if he signs the QO and suffers another season-ending injury? Then he'll regret having left the guaranteed multi-year offers on the table.

If he gets even one multi-year offer of at least $15M per year, which he definitely will, I think he'll take it. I don't think the QO is even an option for him, plus he's not really a go-getter, bet-on-myself type of dude.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#100 » by Dan Z » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:02 pm

2weekswithpay wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

He can be traded but the QO comes with a no trade clause attached. Pat would have to agree to any trades.

Hmmm. That's unfortunate (not that I think AK will trade him).

Return to Chicago Bulls