Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024: 5.0 It's Caleb Williams time

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Hold That
RealGM
And1: 756

Re: Bears 2024: 5.0 It's Caleb Williams time 

Post#81 » by Hold That » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:22 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:NFL stock exchange guys and The Ringer guys did a mock draft pod together last week, 2 groups I like a lot.

All 3 receivers were off the board at 9, and they had the Bears trading back to 12 and got a 2025 2nd from the Broncos. This also screwed over division rival Minnesota from getting McCarthy.

Then they had the Bears taking Newton, a beast who has gone under the radar. Like this draft a lot, considering the receivers were gone. They also liked Verse too.

I honestly feel like Verse will be our pick whether we stay at 9 or trade back.. I honestly don’t see us not addressing the DLine and Verse is the perfect 3-4 DE..

High motor, plays violent, great lockerroom leader, good against the run and rushing the QB. Seems like the classic Eberflus guy
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,780

Post#82 » by Jeffster81 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:20 am

If it's between Rome or Verse at 9, it's an easy call.....it's Odunze. You take Verse at 9 if you're top three options are off the board (Turner/Alt/Odunze, not in that order).
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 381

Post#83 » by JockItch43 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:05 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:If it's between Rome or Verse at 9, it's an easy call.....it's Odunze. You take Verse at 9 if you're top three options are off the board (Turner/Alt/Odunze, not in that order).

Solid logic... but interesting that they brought in Bowers for a top 30 visit.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,692

Post#84 » by sco » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:29 pm

It is super fun speculating on who we get at 9. I think the only mistake would be to trade back so far that they don't get a real blue chip guy. I'm still rooting for Alt or Turner because of the potential impact, but any of the WR's, Verse or Bowers wouldn't bother me at all.
:clap:
1985Bear
Junior
And1: 227

Post#85 » by 1985Bear » Tue Apr 2, 2024 1:20 pm

Couple draft points I am starting to buy into is the Chargers taking Alt at 5 and if not, they will trade down. I don’t see anyone trading up for a WR this year so I believe 1 or 2 of the top WRs will be there at 9. Nabors for me over Odunze but I like them both.

Wild card pick is Atlanta taking Latu at 8. Their DC Jimmy Lake recruited Latu to Washington and knows him well.

For me at 9, I would be most excited if they took Nabors or Bowers over the edges.

Latu (24) is best Edge (medical flag)
Verse (24) is most ready now guy.
Turner (21) has highest ceiling but needs some time so a little more risky.

All that said, would be VeRY hard to pass up Alt (21).

Great time to be a Bear fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,597

Post#86 » by fleet » Tue Apr 2, 2024 1:46 pm

Hold That wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:NFL stock exchange guys and The Ringer guys did a mock draft pod together last week, 2 groups I like a lot.

All 3 receivers were off the board at 9, and they had the Bears trading back to 12 and got a 2025 2nd from the Broncos. This also screwed over division rival Minnesota from getting McCarthy.

Then they had the Bears taking Newton, a beast who has gone under the radar. Like this draft a lot, considering the receivers were gone. They also liked Verse too.

I honestly feel like Verse will be our pick whether we stay at 9 or trade back.. I honestly don’t see us not addressing the DLine and Verse is the perfect 3-4 DE..

High motor, plays violent, great lockerroom leader, good against the run and rushing the QB. Seems like the classic Eberflus guy

I was thinking Verse has a solid floor because of your points. And more ready to play. Greg Gabriel was down on him yesterday for being too stiff to take above Turner. So who knows. Gabriel has been suspect lately.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,628
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#87 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:04 pm

JockItch43 wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:If it's between Rome or Verse at 9, it's an easy call.....it's Odunze. You take Verse at 9 if you're top three options are off the board (Turner/Alt/Odunze, not in that order).

Solid logic... but interesting that they brought in Bowers for a top 30 visit.

Seems like Bowers may be the only 1st round trade down target from the list. Everyone else is either a later round pick or a better fit for staying at #9.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,736

Post#88 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:49 pm

Like most drafts this is going to be interesting after #1.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 910

Re: Bears 2024 4.0 

Post#89 » by HearshotKDS » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:39 pm

Mindcrime wrote:Top 30 Bears invitees:

Caleb Williams, QB, USC
Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale
Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
Nehemiah Pritchett, CB, Auburn

Amegadjie is sloted around our 3rd round pick, Pritchett around the 4th. With Turner having visit with the Falcons it might get to a decision between Odunze and Bowers.

Amegadjie would be an awesome pick for the Bears at 75. I think hes a guy who would really benefit from having a year or 2 to develop/get used to the NFL as depth (He can play both swing T and G). Crazy high ceiling given his physical gifts.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 756

Post#90 » by Hold That » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:46 pm

fleet wrote:
Hold That wrote:

I was thinking Verse has a solid floor because of your points. And more ready to play. Greg Gabriel was down on him yesterday for being too stiff to take above Turner. So who knows. Gabriel has been suspect lately.

Not a fan of Turner in the 3-4.. you HAVE to be good at the run which turner isn’t. I honestly don’t think he does anything better than Verse and isn’t ideal for our defensive scheme. If we were in the 4-3 then I can see but since we run Nickel 80% of the time Verse should be our pick(I don’t believe any of the WR will be available)

Verse Dexter and Sweat our DLine would be set for the next 4-5 years
Mindcrime
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#91 » by Mindcrime » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Special team probably, nice knowing you Velus.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#92 » by Betta Bulleavit » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:40 pm

Hold That wrote:

I hope that we draft Verse. I think that his ceiling is very high. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if we continue to fortify the O Line given some of the options that will be there. One could make the case that we need to continue building both.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,130

Post#93 » by patryk7754 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:50 pm

Mindcrime wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think there is a strong chance we draft a WR3 who is also a returner. Kills two birds with one stone and there are a decent amount of guys who fit that mold in this years draft. I personally like the WR out of Texas A&M. I think he's a great slot receiver. Fits the role someone like Wes welker or Brandin Cooks would have (would be great if he's 80% as good) and he had some of the best return stats the past couple of seasons.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#94 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:51 pm

Read on Twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,925

Post#95 » by dougthonus » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:20 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

ROFL, that sounds like the emptiest of PR gimmicks, WTF use is scrawling formations on your bathroom mirror?
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#96 » by fleet » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:25 pm

Filed under, I did not know that. And wish I didn’t know that. Wonder if this is helping tank his stock. At least among mockers

Fashanu measured in at 6’6”, 312 pounds, and 34-inch arms — almost identical to his listed size at Penn State. However, the Nittany Lions tackle measured in with a shocking hand size of 8 ½ inches.

According to Mockdraftable, only Drake Jackson had smaller hands among all offensive linemen to have participated at the NFL Combine. Jackson measured in with 8 ¼-inch hands out of Kentucky in 2021.

For tackles, Fashanu’s hand size is the smallest by some margin. The smallest tackle hand size in Mockdraftable’s system is nine inches, with several players, including Darnell Wright in 2023, having that measurement.

Wright is living proof for Fashanu that his hand size may not be an issue. The former Tennessee RT was drafted No. 9

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/penn-state-olu-fashanu-measures-combine-record-smallest-ot-hands/
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,628
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#97 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:51 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think there is a strong chance we draft a WR3 who is also a returner. Kills two birds with one stone and there are a decent amount of guys who fit that mold in this years draft. I personally like the WR out of Texas A&M. I think he's a great slot receiver. Fits the role someone like Wes welker or Brandin Cooks would have (would be great if he's 80% as good) and he had some of the best return stats the past couple of seasons.

Hester 2.0? :D
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 381

Post#98 » by JockItch43 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:50 pm

dougthonus wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

ROFL, that sounds like the emptiest of PR gimmicks, WTF use is scrawling formations on your bathroom mirror?

Agreed but I did hear a report that of all the QB's at the combine, Penix impressed most in interviews when going over the whiteboard.

I've been saying for months Penix will be a great pickup for the right team. He was actually my preferred QB at the time if we decided to trade back to get "the haul". That's when he was projected to go in the 2nd round. Give him a decent line and a few weapons and he will excel.

Hoping Miami decides they don't want to pay Tua and drafts this kid. He'd also be a great fit in MN. In the right situation, he will be one of the best QB's in this draft IMO. Dude has a bazooka and made some of the most impressive, tight window NFL throws downfield that I saw in all of college football last season. I'm glad his stock is rising... as well it should be.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#99 » by fleet » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:53 pm

Hold That wrote:
fleet wrote:
Hold That wrote:I honestly feel like Verse will be our pick whether we stay at 9 or trade back.. I honestly don’t see us not addressing the DLine and Verse is the perfect 3-4 DE..

Not a fan of Turner in the 3-4.. you HAVE to be good at the run which turner isn’t. I honestly don’t think he does anything better than Verse and isn’t ideal for our defensive scheme. If we were in the 4-3 then I can see but since we run Nickel 80% of the time Verse should be our pick(I don’t believe any of the WR will be available)

Verse Dexter and Sweat our DLine would be set for the next 4-5 years

Wanny doesn’t like Turner at 9 because he is less skilled with his hands. FWIW Verse is possibly being mocked higher lately for some reason.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 910

Post#100 » by HearshotKDS » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:56 pm

dougthonus wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah thats hokey as hell lol

Return to Chicago Bulls