Image ImageImage Image

Lonzo Ball Recovery tracking thread update p76 - Lonzo Has Started Sprinting!

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Will Lonzo be available to play at the start of the season?

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 195

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,682

Re: Will Lonzo be available to play at the start of the season? 

Post#41 » by sco » Tue Aug 9, 2022 7:07 pm

IamSam wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
2weekswithpay wrote:
Read on Twitter

Some good news hopefully.

That’s really good news.

If this news is true, it really does seem to me that some video footage of Lonzo doing anything that looks like he might be good to go would be very timely.

Given that the start of the season is still almost 3 months from now, this isn't much of a statement. Make it training camp and I'd be more optimistic.
:clap:
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#42 » by HomoSapien » Tue Aug 9, 2022 10:20 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
2weekswithpay wrote:
Read on Twitter

Some good news hopefully.

That’s really good news.

Perhaps the first time we've gotten good news.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#43 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:59 am

sco wrote:
IamSam wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
That’s really good news.

If this news is true, it really does seem to me that some video footage of Lonzo doing anything that looks like he might be good to go would be very timely.

Given that the start of the season is still almost 3 months from now, this isn't much of a statement. Make it training camp and I'd be more optimistic.

No need to rush it. Opening night is fine with me.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#44 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:48 am

It’s good to be patient until I remember he’s actually been out since like January
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#45 » by khufure » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:06 pm

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:It’s good to be patient until I remember he’s actually been out since like January

Given the type of injury -- 1.) its not likely to affect his long-term health or capability 2.) it can take up to a year~ to heal fully -- I'm not too worried. I hear you on Chi sports injuries man I got whiplash still...
sco
RealGM

Post#46 » by sco » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:08 pm

khufure wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:It’s good to be patient until I remember he’s actually been out since like January

Given the type of injury -- 1.) its not likely to affect his long-term health or capability 2.) it can take up to a year~ to heal fully -- I'm not too worried. I hear you on Chi sports injuries man I got whiplash still...

I hate to say it, but beyond health, our season hinges on two things, IMO...Ball playing 65+ games and ending the season healthy and Pat becoming an above-average starting PF. If those two things happen, we are dramatically better team than last season. You could throw in Vuc making 3's at 37%+, but it was clear to me last season that Ball was playing at a near all-star level and was our 3rd best player.
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#47 » by waffle » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:09 pm

Completely agree.

Ball's impact is just huge on this team. On another team it might not be as much? But for us he's critical and hugely impactful
khufure
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by khufure » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:48 pm

sco wrote:
khufure wrote:

I hate to say it, but beyond health, our season hinges on two things, IMO...Ball playing 65+ games and ending the season healthy and Pat becoming an above-average starting PF. If those two things happen, we are dramatically better team than last season. You could throw in Vuc making 3's at 37%+, but it was clear to me last season that Ball was playing at a near all-star level and was our 3rd best player.

I agree on Ball playing. He is a key cog for the Bulls. The bruise should not affect him long-term, but so far he's been brittle.

At least now we have two more guys that can defend the 1 (Ayo, Terry) and maybe shoot the 3 with efficiency. I don't have hopes on Terry this year more than back-of-rotation few minutes. But athletically he can play multiple positions. His passing was actually impressive, and I liked his passion which I think is a thing we need more of on this team. We'll have to see about Ayo, he needs to be shooting 3s more than ball-handling IMO. He hit the rookie wall hard. Seems like he making videos about training hopefully he's actually doing it. Neither has the talent of Ball but if they can just shoot the 3 and defend that is enough to get fat money in this league.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,955
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#49 » by MalagaBulls » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:44 am

Just in case, Demar working on his handles.

Read on Twitter
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,663

Post#50 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:21 pm

I talked to LaVar last night and he said I hade nothing to worry about LaMelo will be ready to start the season, then he hung up on me.
khufure
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by khufure » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:04 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:I talked to LaVar last night and he said I hade nothing to worry about LaMelo will be ready to start the season, then he hung up on me.

Michael Jackson? U still alive?! uhm yeah ... Lamelo (!?!?!) is gonna be ready. Oh you meant Lonzo? <hang up>
sco
RealGM

Post#52 » by sco » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:32 pm

khufure wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:I talked to LaVar last night and he said I hade nothing to worry about LaMelo will be ready to start the season, then he hung up on me.

Michael Jackson? U still alive?! uhm yeah ... Lamelo (!?!?!) is gonna be ready. Oh you meant Lonzo? <hang up>

Thought he was just kidding
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,928

Post#53 » by biggestbullsfan » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:09 pm

Do we have any official news or video on Lonzo?lol
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,331

Post#54 » by kodo » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:12 pm

khufure wrote:I agree on Ball playing. He is a key cog for the Bulls. The bruise should not affect him long-term, but so far he's been brittle.

Agreed on both counts. Embiid, Trae, Ja, all had bone bruises. They look pretty good to me. I'm not worried long term about the bone bruise, it's more the next unknown lower body injury that worries me.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,539

Post#55 » by fleet » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:07 pm

Read on Twitter
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,522

Post#56 » by panthermark » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:23 am

fleet wrote:
Read on Twitter

I see balloons and people standing around. Is he at a birthday party or something?
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
sco
RealGM

Post#57 » by sco » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:47 pm

panthermark wrote:
fleet wrote:
Read on Twitter

I see balloons and people standing around. Is he at a birthday party or something?

seems odd for Greenberg to be tweeting this as noteworthy. I am sure Ball is super social media savvy regarding his injury status. If/when he posts something real, it will be meaningful. Given his past challenges, I think he's being extra extra careful about saying anything even directional until he's completely sure he's ready. I think it's safe to say that he's not able to play yet.
sco
RealGM

Post#58 » by sco » Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:10 pm

fleet wrote:
Read on Twitter

Perhaps context.. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lonzo-ball-gifts-outdoor-basketball-185732228.html
GusFring
Starter
And1: 2,671

Post#59 » by GusFring » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:29 am

He was probably the second most important player on the bulls last year behind demar which is funny looking at how underwhelmed people were by the bulls nabbing him. If he can't stay healthy this squad has hit its ceiling I think.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,938

Post#60 » by ChettheJet » Thu Sep 1, 2022 2:20 pm

Well for KC Johnson to say anything makes me think it probably is trending towards the positive.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bulls-more-optimistic-lonzo-ball-112317002.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall

Just my guess the Bulls as usual aren't floating stories in the media just to to be talked about. Lonzo may not be willing to talk about how it's going for just that reason. Rest assured if he was ahead of his pace his father would be yelling about it and if things were worse than expected his father would be blaming the Bulls for the situation. I think he's doing fine and will be ready to go, based on the same nothing that every doomsday pessimist has heard.

Return to Chicago Bulls