Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft Thread (Early)

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,837

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Thread (Early) 

Post#41 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:06 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:I’ve been watching Isaiah Collier clips since ESPN moved him to #1 on their mock. I mean … he looks like a strong kid who’s reasonably quick and has great feel. But for a top 10 prospect, let alone #1, he’s pretty damn unimpressive.

God, I hope someone else in the college ranks emerges. This class is BLEAK brother.

Yeah, same. The ESPN rank, prompted me to also check out clips of Collier, and you're absolutely right, he isn't one of those stand out prospects, HOWEVER, he would be a fantastic first piece to a puzzle. A strong, fast, point guard, who has an NBA body already, and is a willing passer. Again, perhaps not a franchise changing player, but a good first piece to add to a rebuilding team.

Despite the small sample size of him that I've seen, I'd be extremely happy with Collier, whilst knowing that he may not be that franchise piece, but hey, you've got to start somewhere. I like the way he plays though, he is aggressive, assertive and I like the way he holds himself on the court. We need that type of high energy player on our team.

For me it depends. If we drafted Collier and had the discipline to remain bad enough for a shot at Cooper Flagg in 2025, you'd have to consider that a win.

If, however, we drafted Collier and AK was under the delusion that he had a marquee talent and started building the roster up with win-now vets, that would be extremely damaging.

I got drawn into the hype and checked out quite a few highlights of Cooper Flagg, and I just don't see it. Yeah, a really talented defensive minded, somewhat athletic (he is an overrated athlete) big man. But he doesn't scream franchise player either. Now, if he were to become a reliable shooter, okay, we may have something here, but he looks overly one-dimensional to me.

I do like the way he plays though, it's all attack, attack and attack with him, and that's a good trait to have. I guess we will see how he continues to develop his game, considering how young he is, but I'm just not seeing what other people are seeing as some sort of top tier talent quite yet.
Why so serious?
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,154

Post#42 » by MrSparkle » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:39 pm

Aday Mara looks interesting.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 659

Post#43 » by Rose2Boozer » Fri Dec 1, 2023 8:12 pm

Chi town wrote:https://youtu.be/dtqoYdXPQsE?si=gTs_7BnKkbxpwBDp

Could this guy play PG in the league?

Could he be a high volume 3p shooter?

My comp for him is Kirk Hinrich. Hinrich was converted to a point guard in the pros.
ROLES & HOLES
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#44 » by Chi town » Fri Dec 1, 2023 8:25 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:
Chi town wrote:https://youtu.be/dtqoYdXPQsE?si=gTs_7BnKkbxpwBDp

Could this guy play PG in the league?

Could he be a high volume 3p shooter?

My comp for him is Kirk Hinrich. Hinrich was converted to a point guard in the pros.

I played against Kirk is HS. He was such a great competitor. Solid comp. Both good athletes but nor great. Coach’s sons.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#45 » by Chi town » Sat Dec 2, 2023 1:25 am

I like Ware from my Hoosiers. He’s like Jarret Allen with a 3 ball. I think he’s quick enough to actually play the 4 too. Good feet in the PNR and good rim protection.
oman
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#46 » by oman » Sat Dec 2, 2023 5:49 am

These type of drafts are hard! But usually there are a few talents that become superstars in these. I see it similar to the PWill draft on how Haliburton(12), Maxey(21), Bane(30) get overlooked due to some weaknesses on their games. But that is where interviews should come into play to figure out their mentality and their demeanor! Unfortunately AK has gone completely 180 from Pax, where to pure homerun talent picks. I understand the logic and like it for example in Phillips, if he hit he can become a great player. But these type of drafts are hard. There is great chance we will not draft an all star even in the top 5, lets recall how hard is to draft one! After Jordan Bulls tanked and their next all star was Derrick Rose in the 2009-2010 season, it took 11 years for a Bulls to draft an all-star player.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,397

Post#47 » by 2weekswithpay » Sat Dec 2, 2023 11:54 pm

Read on Twitter
Chi town
RealGM

Post#48 » by Chi town » Sun Dec 3, 2023 4:08 am

2weekswithpay wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yep. He’s a dude.

Caruso version with elite high volume 3pt shooting and passing. His defense is incredible.

https://youtu.be/8X1Qd4xtZ18?si=kmZvMDfixUOUh-fb
Chi town
RealGM

Post#49 » by Chi town » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:27 am

As of now my picks are…

Shepherd (Kirk with a better 3 and Caruso like D)

Matas (Franz like PF but 6’11)

Ke’lel Ware 7ft C with great PNR D, rim protection and a smooth 3 ball.

Jakobe Walter as a shooter.

Topic as a PG passing genius. Giddey on steroids with a 3 ball. Luka lite.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#50 » by RSP83 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:46 am

Who's the best athletic bigs? I would love to have a Derek Lively type big on this team.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,447

Post#51 » by Muzbar » Sun Dec 3, 2023 9:49 am

Chi town wrote:As of now my picks are…

He's shooting 30% from 3, which is the best he's shot.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
2weekswithpay
Starter

Post#52 » by 2weekswithpay » Sun Dec 3, 2023 1:55 pm

RSP83 wrote:Who's the best athletic bigs? I would love to have a Derek Lively type big on this team.

Read on Twitter
2weekswithpay
Starter

Post#53 » by 2weekswithpay » Sun Dec 3, 2023 2:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Not a fan of Collier. He should improve as the season goes on but he has too many red flags for my liking.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#54 » by Chi town » Sun Dec 3, 2023 2:43 pm

Muzbar wrote:

His form looks solid. His shot will improve. Right now he dominates taking the ball to the hole and finishing.
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 144

Post#55 » by Bulldog23 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:59 pm

Chi town wrote:I like Shepherd at UK too. Sky high IQ, plays with edge, great defender, and a high volume sniper from 3. Only 6’3.

Also like Tyler Smith of Ignite. 6’10 PF with wing skills and he can shoot it from 3. Super quick setup and release.

I like Tyler Smith…he looks like a two way player. Shepherd not sure. He not Kirk Hinrich. Kirk could defend 1 to 3 and was great athlete. Tyler Smith looks like top ten player to me.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,915

Post#56 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Dec 4, 2023 6:46 pm

Haven't look at Sarr.

But if Topic measures decently sized, I'm struggling to see what American prospects would be above him.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,106

Post#57 » by jordanwilliams6 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 7:11 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Haven't look at Sarr.

But if Topic measures decently sized, I'm struggling to see what American prospects would be above him.

Sarr definitely has the potential to be the highest impact player. Sort of like a JJJ/Evan Mobley combo. His success will be determined on whether his shot will translate to the NBA.

It’s also hard to evaluate him as he doesn’t play many minutes. The NBL is a solid league and they don’t give any entitlement minutes.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#58 » by Chi town » Mon Dec 4, 2023 7:27 pm

Chi town wrote:
Muzbar wrote:

His form looks solid. His shot will improve. Right now he dominates taking the ball to the hole and finishing.

Reed up to 11 now. Think he goes 8-12 most likely.

Matas with solid first game. He will go top 5 IMO. Franz like game. Wing game with PF length.

https://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#59 » by leo921 » Tue Dec 5, 2023 4:10 am

For me I think this team needs Alex Sarr. 7-1, fast, athletic, switchable, great shotblocker, great finisher, great in pick and roll, solid 3pt shooter.
His NBA pro comp is Jaren Jackson Jr. and you can tell that one in 3-4 years he can be just as good or better then Jackson.
Watch his game against the Gleague guys, he shut down the paint and was even shutting G/F's like Holland down.

If you want to compete in this league you need talented big men just off the top of my head you need to match up with teams who have Mobley/Allen, Giannis, Emibedd, Wagner/Paolo, Jokic/gordon, Chet, Wemby, Porzingis, Towns/Gobert, Bam, Sabonis, Turner, Zion/Val, Davis. So yeah you better have a talented big to compete and those guys are hard to come by, you only really get them in the draft.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,447

Post#60 » by Muzbar » Tue Dec 5, 2023 6:18 am

leo921 wrote:For me I think this team needs Alex Sarr. 7-1, fast, athletic, switchable, great shotblocker, great finisher, great in pick and roll, solid 3pt shooter.
His NBA pro comp is Jaren Jackson Jr. and you can tell that one in 3-4 years he can be just as good or better then Jackson.
Watch his game against the Gleague guys, he shut down the paint and was even shutting G/F's like Holland down.

If you want to compete in this league you need talented big men just off the top of my head you need to match up with teams who have Mobley/Allen, Giannis, Emibedd, Wagner/Paolo, Jokic/gordon, Chet, Wemby, Porzingis, Towns/Gobert, Bam, Sabonis, Turner, Zion/Val, Davis. So yeah you better have a talented big to compete and those guys are hard to come by, you only really get them in the draft.

I agree, I watched his highlights from those G-league ignite friendlies, he was very impressive.

I like the JJJ comparison actually, he may be a better rebounder that JJJ already though. But he's definitely in the same sort of mold as Chet and Wemby also (although, probably not on their level obviously).

An athletic big that can stretch the floor and protect the rim is exactly what this team currently needs.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?

Return to Chicago Bulls