Image ImageImage Image

Vuc needs to go too

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,175

Re: Vuc needs to go too 

Post#21 » by League Circles » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:44 pm

One thing about Vuc that is increasingly clear is that he's not the spacer we hoped and try to make him be. Almost all of his 3PA are wide open, catch and shoot looks from the top of the arc and he doesn't hit them at an efficient rate (and not just this year). But he is pretty effective inside IMO, whether it be traditional post ups or those quick catch and float shots that he does well. I think we should use him more that waym also play him a bit less. 30 mpg tops for him IMO.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
rosenthall
Senior
And1: 288

Post#22 » by rosenthall » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:16 am

League Circles wrote:One thing about Vuc that is increasingly clear is that he's not the spacer we hoped and try to make him be. Almost all of his 3PA are wide open, catch and shoot looks from the top of the arc and he doesn't hit them at an efficient rate (and not just this year).

Agreed. To me, this is the biggest disappointment about his game since we traded for him. That year he was making 40% of his threes on 6.5 Att / game before he came over. If he could do that while he was here his impact would be significantly different, even with his warts.

When he arrived that was what I assumed we would get from him, and what's weird is that it sort of is what we got from him his first year here. After the Orlando trade he shot 0.388% with us on on 5.8 att/game, which is reasonably close. But what we've seen from him since then is actually closer to his historical norm.

He didn't shoot threes at all when he came into the league, and it wasn't until year 7 that he began to shoot them consistently at all. The only year he was above average from 3 was the year we traded for him, which was definitely peak-Vuc.

If you subtract his 3P shot making it's hard to see where he adds any value. It's not his defense. His passing is good, but not dangerous. And to be able to pass you have to have enough gravity to demand having the ball in your hands in the first place. His inside game is skilled, but last year was Vuc's best year ever inside the 3 pt line, and that wasn't all that special compared to his position.

If a team had a need for him, I don't think he'd be considered overpaid, so I don't think he's dead-weight like others around here do, but I think them minutes should be more evenly split between him and Drummond.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,052

Post#23 » by vxmike » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:55 am

League Circles wrote:One thing about Vuc that is increasingly clear is that he's not the spacer we hoped and try to make him be. Almost all of his 3PA are wide open, catch and shoot looks from the top of the arc and he doesn't hit them at an efficient rate (and not just this year). But he is pretty effective inside IMO, whether it be traditional post ups or those quick catch and float shots that he does well. I think we should use him more that waym also play him a bit less. 30 mpg tops for him IMO.

I would split minutes 24 each for Drummond and Vuc.
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,123

Post#24 » by BahamaBull » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:25 pm

Vuc is garbage...but unfortunately hes not getting traded anytime soon...Hate you AKME!
MikeDC
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#25 » by MikeDC » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:20 pm

Vuc has taken his badness to a new level in two ways this year.

1. While he's been a bad defensive player before, he gave pretty consistent effort. This year he's been embarrassing. Just standing there while guys go over, around and through him. Ayton got run out of Phoenix in part because of that clip of Jokic just going to down while he stood there last spring. Vuc has looked like that in pretty much every game, and not against Jokic.

2. Offensively, he politicked and lobbied to STOP doing all the things we obviously needed him to do on offense! And he largely got his way, by griping about it! Now that he's playing how he wants, and we're losing even more, he's perfectly willing to not go into a game.

To me, his whole schtick this year has been the most objectionable thing about the Bulls. The Bulls have, to their detriment, changed everything to make him happy, it's costing them, and it's totally not worth it. Way worse that Zach (up until his non-basketball behavior after the last game). I mean, Zach's basically just said what everyone besides Reinsdorf and AK already knows, which is that this team is going nowhere. Part of the reason his frustration probably boiled over is that the Bulls (whomever is calling the shots, be it AK, Donovan, or all of the above) have sunk so much into Vuc, and continue to do so to the detriment of everything else.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,693

Post#26 » by Ice Man » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:35 pm

League Circles wrote:One thing about Vuc that is increasingly clear is that he's not the spacer we hoped and try to make him be. Almost all of his 3PA are wide open, catch and shoot looks from the top of the arc and he doesn't hit them at an efficient rate (and not just this year). But he is pretty effective inside IMO, whether it be traditional post ups or those quick catch and float shots that he does well. I think we should use him more that waym also play him a bit less. 30 mpg tops for him IMO.

Over his career, Vuc has averaged 1.04 points per 3 point attempt and 1.05 points per 2 point attempt. Meaning, he is meh at both tasks. True, those numbers could make for good overall efficiency if he drew free throws -- but he doesn't.

Last year was a career-best efficiency year for Vuc because he made his 2s at a much higher rate than ever before. This year, unfortunately, he has dropped back (exactly, in fact) to his career average.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#27 » by kyrv » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:24 am

Ice Man wrote:

Over his career, Vuc has averaged 1.04 points per 3 point attempt and 1.05 points per 2 point attempt. Meaning, he is meh at both tasks. True, those numbers could make for good overall efficiency if he drew free throws -- but he doesn't.

Last year was a career-best efficiency year for Vuc because he made his 2s at a much higher rate than ever before. This year, unfortunately, he has dropped back (exactly, in fact) to his career average.

When Vuc was on Orlando, I thought he improved and was a good player, but would always leave you wanting more. I got convinced at some point I really underrated him, but not sure about that now.

Also to me for most rosters you really need at least 1 defensive big, usually the 5.

Our pf situation seems bad for Vuc to look great also.
PJSteven22
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#28 » by PJSteven22 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:08 am

kyrv wrote:
Ice Man wrote:

When Vuc was on Orlando, I thought he improved and was a good player, but would always leave you wanting more. I got convinced at some point I really underrated him, but not sure about that now.

Also to me for most rosters you really need at least 1 defensive big, usually the 5.

Our pf situation seems bad for Vuc to look great also.

I mean if you’re a 5 that is not good defensively. You better be Jokic or Sabonis.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,148

Post#29 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:00 am

anyone on a non rookie contract needs to go. the trade shouldn't have been made in the first place, sure, I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong. at least Vuc remains a professional, same as DeMar. Vuc is under contract for a couple more years and could raise his trade value as a #1 option, so I don't see the rush in trading him specifically. let him bum slay for a year then trade him in the offseason. luv demar, but a team might actually have some use for him this season and net us... literally anything.

i'd keep coby though. i still think he's better than his stats.
MikeDC
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#30 » by MikeDC » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:41 pm

PJSteven22 wrote:
kyrv wrote:Our pf situation seems bad for Vuc to look great also.

I mean if you’re a 5 that is not good defensively. You better be Jokic or Sabonis.

It's worth thinking about that Vuc had a pretty ideal guy next to him (Aaron Gordon) and still got garbage results for much of his career. Jokic gets Gordon and it's a contending foundation.

To me, Vuc is a clear negative in the locker room. From the moment Lonzo and DeMar arrived, he has quietly but consistently bitched about having to change his role to accomodate everyone else.

That kind of thing is understandable I guess, but that's a clear indication that he values his own role above winning. Because he's not as good a player, and having him more frequently space the floor and stay out of the paint was the best way to win games. Winning players in this situation STFU and are happy to be winning. He wasn't. This summer, it was ridiculous that the Bulls bid against themselves for him, but even worse, they seem to have promised they'd cater more to letting him play how he wanted to play.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,149

Post#31 » by MrSparkle » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:43 pm

Vuc/Craig/Carter for D’Lo/Rui

Lakers prob say no… but… well, maybe it gets them to answer the phone.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,662

Post#32 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:48 pm

Vuc trade was always stupid... We KNOW this. He is nice to have as a scapegoat for sure though but this is far from all on him. There are much worse centers and his contract is meh but he has a lil skill not great. Always hated him TBH but I just can't hang it on his neck completely ya know...

His defense has always been dogged and he is not a shot blocker bit he actually has been pretty good a deflections etc... Having a PG-SF sized player playing next to him does his game no favor either.

Oddly Vuc is tradable, not the overpay he was bought at but not worthless and an asset can be a return. Sadly I loathe centers... and prefer just taking an L on them and would play Drummond for his what 3.5 a year, but he is worse than Vuc is. It becomens a cap thing though. Few big men you spend money on (well new breed of Chet or Wemby is a different thing)

Interesting though to trade ZL and DDR and pump Vuc up and dump him, yet GM's might maybe... just maybe, watch a bit more basketball than us. Not always. I question that right now. Few would be easily bamboozled though on Vuc.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,662

Post#33 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:50 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Vuc/Craig/Carter for D’Lo/Rui

They might just to get rid of D'Lo. Not sure how much that helps any side TBH.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 656

Post#34 » by Rose2Boozer » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:01 pm

Vuc would have to be a salary dump. I would try to dump him to the Thunder for Bertans, but AKME wouldn't touch such a salary dump.
ROLES & HOLES
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,149

Post#35 » by MrSparkle » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:25 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Vuc/Craig/Carter for D’Lo/Rui

They might just to get rid of D'Lo. Not sure how much that helps any side TBH.

We'd be better by having a slightly more proven offensive guard and a better rebounding C in Drummond.

Vuc and Davis could co-exist well, but I'm certain Vogel would slowly put Vuc in the sub-20 MPG role I think he deserves.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#36 » by RSP83 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:56 am

We should put him on fire sale.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,097

Post#37 » by jordanwilliams6 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:58 am

He irritates me more than ever.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#38 » by League Circles » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:18 am

What would you guys be willing up just to trade him for a pure expiring deal?

Demar and Vuc for expirings maybe? I know thats a lot of salary for a team to take on, but maybe somebody would want the big ole duo lol.....
League Circles
RealGM

Post#39 » by League Circles » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:22 am

Demar and Vuc for Klay Thompson. Make it **** happen.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#40 » by Bandit King » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:06 am

Vuc is the marshmallow man!
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity

Return to Chicago Bulls