Image ImageImage Image

Vuc needs to go too

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,957

Re: Vuc needs to go too 

Post#41 » by Axl Rose » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:04 am

He shouldn't have been re-signed but he's become the definition of a sunk-cost fallacy.

League Circles wrote:What would you guys be willing up just to trade him for a pure expiring deal?

Would I? I'd consider it a major win.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 466

Post#42 » by step » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:11 am

Axl Rose wrote:He shouldn't have been re-signed but he's become the definition of a sunk-cost fallacy.

No doubt his agent knew it too and played the Bulls perfectly.

Axl Rose wrote:
League Circles wrote:What would you guys be willing up just to trade him for a pure expiring deal?

Would I? I'd consider it a major win.

If only we could be so lucky.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#43 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:47 am

RSP83 wrote:We should put him on fire s̶a̶l̶e̶.

FTFY (I'm joking, we should not literally light Vuc on fire).
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#44 » by JockItch43 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:43 am

Resigning Vuc was the final nail in my AK coffin.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,321

Post#45 » by kodo » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:05 pm

True Shooting for some of the league's starting centers along with their points per 36.
Porzingis: 63% - 22.5
Bitadze: 60% - 12.4
Lopez: 63% - 16.9
Embiid: 61% - 31.9
Adebayo: 60% - 23.8
Robinson 55%* (career avg 68%) - 8.0
Turner: 63% - 23.4
Allen: 67% - 16.6
Capela: 64% - 15.4
Poeltl: 69% - 15.1
Claxton: 66% - 16.2
Williams: 69% - 13.6
Gafford: 69% - 13.5
Duren: 62% - 15.8

Vucevic: 51.8% - 17.1

Even with this thread, just how bad Vucevic really is on offense isn't really fully appreciated by most people IMO.
It's a given he's terrible on defense, but people think we're trading defense for offense. We're not, he's the worst offensive center in the EC by a huge margin.
And he's not giving you much volume scoring either, 17 per 36 but it's easy to find centers giving ~16 per 36.

I will say in his defense, Billy's scheme on how to use him is also awful, it's the Thad Young role where you catch the ball on the short roll in a completely non-threatening position, neither at the rim or in a good 3P position (corners). He's probably not as bad on offense as this shows, but his pairing with Donovan has produced the worst 5 position in the EC.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,179

Post#46 » by League Circles » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:09 pm

kodo wrote:True Shooting for some of the league's starting centers along with their points per 36.

Even with this thread, just how bad Vucevic really is on offense isn't really fully appreciated by most people IMO.
It's a given he's terrible on defense, but people think we're trading defense for offense. We're not, he's the worst offensive center in the EC by a huge margin.
And he's not giving you much volume scoring either, 17 per 36 but it's easy to find centers giving ~16 per 36.

I will say in his defense, Billy's scheme on how to use him is also awful, it's the Thad Young role where you catch the ball on the short roll in a completely non-threatening position, neither at the rim or in a good 3P position (corners). He's probably not as bad on offense as this shows, but his pairing with Donovan has produced the worst 5 position in the EC.

Yeah he's terrible at least in how he's used right now. I mean he's getting a tremendous number of wide open looks from the top of the 3 pt line. The defense isn't respecting his shot and he's just bricking them. That is absolutely killing us.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
League Circles
RealGM

Post#47 » by League Circles » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:11 pm

JockItch43 wrote:Resigning Vuc was the final nail in my AK coffin.

My dumbass tried to talk myself into it being OK because it was a big paycut, even though I prefer Drummond straight up and he's wildly cheaper. I see the light now.

Vucevic is Pau Boozer / Carlos Gasol for the Bulls. Skilled and puts up solid counting numbers, but sucks.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,681

Post#48 » by sco » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:28 pm

IMO, now, Vuc is a keeper. We are rebuilding. He's a guy who won't help you win and we'll still be rebuilding when he becomes an expiring.
:clap:
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#49 » by kyrv » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:23 am

PJSteven22 wrote:
kyrv wrote:
Ice Man wrote:
Over his career, Vuc has averaged 1.04 points per 3 point attempt and 1.05 points per 2 point attempt. Meaning, he is meh at both tasks. True, those numbers could make for good overall efficiency if he drew free throws -- but he doesn't.

Last year was a career-best efficiency year for Vuc because he made his 2s at a much higher rate than ever before. This year, unfortunately, he has dropped back (exactly, in fact) to his career average.

When Vuc was on Orlando, I thought he improved and was a good player, but would always leave you wanting more. I got convinced at some point I really underrated him, but not sure about that now.

Also to me for most rosters you really need at least 1 defensive big, usually the 5.

Our pf situation seems bad for Vuc to look great also.

I mean if you’re a 5 that is not good defensively. You better be Jokic or Sabonis.

:lol: Well you're not wrong!
MikeDC
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#50 » by MikeDC » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:21 pm

sco wrote:IMO, now, Vuc is a keeper. We are rebuilding. He's a guy who won't help you win and we'll still be rebuilding when he becomes an expiring.

Dude is a total energy vampire. About the last thing I want around a bunch of young players is an old guy who doesn't GAF.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#51 » by FriedRise » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:41 pm

Man Vooch has been straight up terrible this year.

16p/10r/3a <- these are solid numbers

BUT

46% FG% - straight Ass for a center
26% 3P% - free rebound for the other team
52% 2P% - a center who can't finish
16 PER - role player level
52% TS% - that ain't it bro

He's playing like he doesn't wanna be here, but dude, why did you sign that extension then? You've seen what continuity looks like, so what the hell did AK sell you in the summer?

When is he eligible to be traded again? Because that's probably when he'll ask out. We'll have to deal with trading him for pennies on the dollar while the Magic continues to be the 2nd best team in the league. You can't be the team that sucks at drafting, can't develop players, AND get fleeced this badly every trade. But this is where we are.

At the time of the extension, I thought we paid just above market value, but right now it's looking like if he tried for free agency, his next best alternative would've been MLE money from another team.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,460

Post#52 » by samwana » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:17 pm

Vuc got his money and wants to be bought out probably. I'd trade him for a bad contract and 2 (late) 2nds and be rid of the plodding pudding.

How could you have watched this team and think it is a good idea to give him a new contract that is way to big?

This team is truely the worst I have seen them. The after Jordan teams at least had some hope.

AKME should at least answer some questions instead of hiding behind maybe the worst coach in the nba right now. Who they extended for no reason at all.

At least attendance is going down. That's a language the Reinsdorfs at least understand.

DON'T GO TO GAMES ANYMORE!
League Circles
RealGM

Post#53 » by League Circles » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:27 am

sco wrote:IMO, now, Vuc is a keeper. We are rebuilding. He's a guy who won't help you win and we'll still be rebuilding when he becomes an expiring.

This sounds crazy but also strangely logical lol
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,554

Post#54 » by PaKii94 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:46 pm

Bumping this cause it still applies.

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#55 » by HomoSapien » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:53 pm

Vuc needs to finish much better. That’s undeniable. He misses way too many bunnies. In the past, Billy has played Vuc when he’s laid an egg even if Drummond was playing out of his mind. But now he’s signaling that Drummond will play more minutes for the rest of the season. If Billy uses both players correctly, we can have one of the best center rotations in the league. Play both but ride whoever is playing better.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Bulls_MIT
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#56 » by Bulls_MIT » Sun Jan 7, 2024 1:20 am

I think the Bulls should keep Vuc. In fact they should keep this entire roster. Their main problem is ill advised shots. There's far too many and coach or someone needs to step up and put a stop to that. Vuc and Zach are the two weak links here. Vuc should never be taking 3 pointers ever. Who cares if he can make them sometimes. Those are ill advised shots. We have enough better 3 point shooters and if others miss then at least Vuc has a chance to rebound. Vuc is better near the rim. His strengths are free throws, interior defense (not perfect), post moves, points in the paint. Zach takes bad shots too. He thinks he's MJ. However last night he wasn't as bad. I counted only 2 ill advised shots all game. This roster has potential and player development possibilities. Just STOP the stupid shots early in the shot clock. VUC - NO 3s FOR YOU!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using RealGM mobile app
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#57 » by PaKii94 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 1:24 am

Bulls_MIT wrote:I think the Bulls should keep Vuc. In fact they should keep this entire roster. Their main problem is ill advised shots. There's far too many and coach or someone needs to step up and put a stop to that. Vuc and Zach are the two weak links here. Vuc should never be taking 3 pointers ever. Who cares if he can make them sometimes. Those are ill advised shots. We have enough better 3 point shooters and if others miss then at least Vuc has a chance to rebound. Vuc is better near the rim. His strengths are free throws, interior defense (not perfect), post moves, points in the paint. Zach takes bad shots too. He thinks he's MJ. However last night he wasn't as bad. I counted only 2 ill advised shots all game. This roster has potential and player development possibilities. Just STOP the stupid shots early in the shot clock. VUC - NO 3s FOR YOU!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using RealGM mobile app

The fact that the first thing you said for Vuc's strength is "free throws" tells me you don't know what the hell you're talking about :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree Vuc should stop shooting the 3s cause he's not a shooter BUT that's pretty much the reason they traded for him. If he can't hit shots he's literally useless and an active hindrance to the team
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,681

Post#58 » by sco » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:14 pm

put this in trade thread too:

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbreak/rumors/trade-the-golden-state-warriors-and-chicago-bulls-must-consider-wiggins-vucevic

Hmmm Wiggins has been bad, but to be rid of Vuc has real appeal.

In general, we aren't getting value for Vuc. At this point we are stuck taking back an equally bad player/contract, but maybe one filling a bigger need. Best case we can use him as salary filler in a deal. I only think we'll dump Vuc once the FO figures out their cap situation next offseason (i.e. Ball is coming off the books and Demar walks, then adding Vuc's salary could make a difference in our cap space)
:clap:
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#59 » by PaKii94 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

dunno if this has been posted. Big part of our defensive struggles
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,060

Post#60 » by Chi town » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:01 am

kodo wrote:True Shooting for some of the league's starting centers along with their points per 36.

Only way he’s not horrific is if he stops shooting 3s all together.

Return to Chicago Bulls