Image ImageImage Image

OT: Connor Bedard, Anyone?

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,955
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Re: OT: Connor Bedard, Anyone? 

Post#41 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:59 am

Another los last night, they have pretty much hit rock bottom for this season and have a horrendous offense with Bedard shelved. They have been shutout 3-4 times recently.
The only saving grace is that they currently hold the best odds to win the 1OA pick again with the league's worse record.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#42 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:29 pm

ThisGuyFawkes wrote:I could be getting my sports mixed up, but I thought there was some weird rule in the NHL where you couldn't pick in the top-5 twice in a row or something like that. Someone please tell me I'm wrong lol.

The other rule change is that teams cannot win the lottery more than twice in a five-year span.

IOW, the Blackhawks can win the 2024 Lottery but if they do, they cannot win it again during this 5 year span.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

Post#43 » by erlim » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:55 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:
ThisGuyFawkes wrote:I could be getting my sports mixed up, but I thought there was some weird rule in the NHL where you couldn't pick in the top-5 twice in a row or something like that. Someone please tell me I'm wrong lol.

The other rule change is that teams cannot win the lottery more than twice in a five-year span.

IOW, the Blackhawks can win the 2024 Lottery but if they do, they cannot win it again during this 5 year span.

That’s a pretty interesting rule to prevent tanking. Can teams still get the second pick?
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,625
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#44 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:14 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:

Wait, didn't we win the lottery last year? Meaning we can't win it again until 2028? Sorry if I'm missing something here. Haha.
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#45 » by waffle » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:04 pm

I wish Bedard was playing, surely we'd have a couple more wins? And tons more highlights? But this team has been KILLED by injuries and was only going to be so-so under the best circumstances

On the plus side, our prospects are GOOD
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:07 pm

ThisGuyFawkes wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:

Wait, didn't we win the lottery last year? Meaning we can't win it again until 2028? Sorry if I'm missing something here. Haha.

Blackhawks won the lottery in 2023. If they win the Lottery in 2024, THEY CANNOT win it again in the 5 year span. So the Hawks can win the lottery in 2024.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,625
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#47 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:11 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:
ThisGuyFawkes wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:

Blackhawks won the lottery in 2023. If they win the Lottery in 2024, THEY CANNOT win it again in the 5 year span. So the Hawks can win the lottery in 2024.

I gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,662

Post#48 » by Michael Jackson » Wed May 8, 2024 12:04 am

Well the Hawks got #2 does that disqualify them or is it only the first pick?
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,845

Post#49 » by dougthonus » Wed May 8, 2024 2:03 am

Michael Jackson wrote:Well the Hawks got #2 does that disqualify them or is it only the first pick?

You can only improve your position via lottery twice in five years. The Hawks were slotted #2 and finished #2 so they didn't improve their position. I'm not an expert, but my view of what that means is that this has no impact on them improving next year.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#50 » by Michael Jackson » Wed May 8, 2024 2:13 am

OK that would make sense. Pretty awesome to get Bedard, adding Frank Nazar next season (I would assume he is considered a rookie still he only played one game) and whoever they draft, thats a nice young core.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant

Re: OT: eConnor Bedard, Anyone? 

Post#51 » by Jeffster81 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:21 am

The gap between Celebrini and the other top prospects is significant closer than Bedard and last years top prospects. Meaning not getting Celebrini is no big deal.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,822

Post#52 » by Dominator83 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:18 am

Jeffster81 wrote:The gap between Celebrini and the other top prospects is significant closer than Bedard and last years top prospects. Meaning not getting Celebrini is no big deal.

I don't follow hardcore or anything, but i remember a couple months back reading an article about how Demidov would be the perfect fit with Bedard and they should target him. Well looks like he's attainable now.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#53 » by Michael Jackson » Wed May 8, 2024 1:12 pm

Dominator83 wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:The gap between Celebrini and the other top prospects is significant closer than Bedard and last years top prospects. Meaning not getting Celebrini is no big deal.

I don't follow hardcore or anything, but i remember a couple months back reading an article about how Demidov would be the perfect fit with Bedard and they should target him. Well looks like he's attainable now.

Celebrini is a center and Demidov is a wing so in not upsetting the apple cart he is a better fit when you have your franchise center already just going into his second year.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,828

Post#54 » by Jcool0 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:09 pm

Seems to be Ivan Demidov vs Artyom Levshunov for #2.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by Jeffster81 » Thu May 9, 2024 1:26 pm

Dominator83 wrote:

Demidov is the perfect fit with Bedard. The only nitpick about Demidov's game is his skating, which is below average but everything else is well above average to elite.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#56 » by Jcool0 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#57 » by Jcool0 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:19 pm

Read on Twitter
CROBulls
Junior
And1: 160

Post#58 » by CROBulls » Sat May 11, 2024 5:38 pm

Also this is not disrespect to Celebrini as prospect or this draft class. Bedard was just generational prospect. Also having #2 in this class is nothing to be really dissapointing. For me Demidov is little more gamble prospect, but I think he could be just as good as Celebrini. Celebrini was just more fire sure thing and thats why he is clear #1.

Bedsy and DemiGod gonna be nasty duo. Dont f it up Blackhawks.
WookieOnRitalin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 271

Post#59 » by WookieOnRitalin » Yesterday 1:29 pm

Really hope the Hawks get a decent Defensemen with the their second 1st round pick. Overall, things should be improving for the Hawks quickly.
"As you think, so shall you become." --- Bruce Lee

Return to Chicago Bulls