Image ImageImage Image

OT: Connor Bedard, Anyone?

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,016

Re: OT: Connor Bedard, Anyone? 

Post#21 » by Wingy » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:52 pm

molepharmer wrote:
SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
don't think I've ever seen a goal scored this way.
I'd seen only a couple of those before; may have started with a couple of college players at Michigan (Kent Johnson????) only a few years ago. The speed and ease with which Bedard does that is crazy stuff. It's was about the only good thing to come out of that fiasco against St.Louis the other night.

Here’s the first one I ever saw. A Michigan player, but a little more than a few years ago (1996) -

Great for Chicago fans to have such a young phenom to follow in Bedard.
CROBulls
Junior
And1: 160

Post#22 » by CROBulls » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:03 pm

Guy is special just won them OT game.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,149

Post#23 » by MrSparkle » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:45 pm

He makes it fun to watch a sport I’m not into.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,020

Post#24 » by bledredwine » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:12 pm

MrSparkle wrote:He makes it fun to watch a sport I’m not into.

Exactly. When a generational talent comes in with a competitiveness and winning over selfish mindset, it’s hard not to enjoy.

It’s why I can’t stand most NBA basketball but enjoy watching Luka, Bedard and boxing. These are some of the thirsty, skilled competitors of today.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
DropStep
Junior
And1: 158

Post#25 » by DropStep » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:48 pm

Wingy wrote:
molepharmer wrote:
SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
don't think I've ever seen a goal scored this way.
I'd seen only a couple of those before; may have started with a couple of college players at Michigan (Kent Johnson????) only a few years ago. The speed and ease with which Bedard does that is crazy stuff. It's was about the only good thing to come out of that fiasco against St.Louis the other night.

Here’s the first one I ever saw. A Michigan player, but a little more than a few years ago (1996) -

Great for Chicago fans to have such a young phenom to follow in Bedard.

Back in the day, Chicago sports radio had a slow news day and was asking callers to call in with the most remarkable plays of the year (or something like that). I never call into radio, but I must have been having a slow day too because I called in with that Michigan goal, or one like it that was in the frozen four, and they seemed unimpressed. They seemed to be like "yeah wraparound goals are pretty cool," and I was like no, listen, this guy picked the puck up on his stick, and balanced it there while he stuffed it OVER the goalie's shoulder into the top corner from behind the net - I have never seen anything like that in my life. I'm still not sure they got it, which still bugs me and is probably why I'm mentioning it here 25 years later lol.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 909

Post#26 » by HearshotKDS » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:53 pm

I dont know a lot about hockey but ive been able to go to a ton of Hawks games for work this year. He looks like the best player out there for CHI, handling - movement - positioning - the whole shebang he generally looks the part when you see him in person.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,955
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#27 » by MalagaBulls » Sat Jan 6, 2024 7:47 pm

Bedard out with a fractured jaw - dirty hit IMHO.

Read on Twitter
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,148

Post#28 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sat Jan 6, 2024 7:55 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:Bedard out with a fractured jaw - dirty hit IMHO.

Read on Twitter

chicago sports fans can't have nice things.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,144

Post#29 » by molepharmer » Sat Jan 6, 2024 7:56 pm

Blackhawks injury list now sits at 9 (all starters) on IR. The team was never going to actually be any good this year and most expected they'd be very near the bottom. With this accumulation of injuries, that pretty much seals the worst record in the league and an extremely unwatchable product right now. They'll be lucky to win a game during the 4-6 weeks Bedard is out.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 977

Post#30 » by ScrantonBulls » Sun Jan 7, 2024 3:45 am

molepharmer wrote:Blackhawks injury list now sits at 9 (all starters) on IR. The team was never going to actually be any good this year and most expected they'd be very near the bottom. With this accumulation of injuries, that pretty much seals the worst record in the league and an extremely unwatchable product right now. They'll be lucky to win a game during the 4-6 weeks Bedard is out.

Any idea how the next draft looks?
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#31 » by Jeffster81 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 10:58 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:Any idea how the next draft looks?

The prize in 2024 is a young stud Macklin Celebrini. He's no Connor Bedard, but a damn good young player himself. What Leon Draisaitl to Connor McDavid, Celebrini could be to Connor Bedard. But there also Cayden Lindstrom, Cole Eiserman (right now, he's basically a Phil Kessel type player... can score but does not do anything else), Sam Dickinson, Anton Silayev (a mountain of a man that is a LHD). Any one of those players would boost and already impressive Blackhaws prospect pool. Let's not forget the Hawks also have the Lightning 1st, so the Hawks are adding two more talented prospects. IOW, this is a good draft to have multiple firsts.
DropStep
Junior
And1: 158

Post#32 » by DropStep » Sun Jan 7, 2024 1:05 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:

The prize in 2024 is a young stud Macklin Celebrini. He's no Connor Bedard, but a damn good young player himself. What Leon Draisaitl to Connor McDavid, Celebrini could be to Connor Bedard. But there also Cayden Lindstrom, Cole Eiserman (right now, he's basically a Phil Kessel type player... can score but does not do anything else), Sam Dickinson, Anton Silayev (a mountain of a man that is a LHD). Any one of those players would boost and already impressive Blackhaws prospect pool. Let's not forget the Hawks also have the Lightning 1st, so the Hawks are adding two more talented prospects. IOW, this is a good draft to have multiple firsts.

I'll go ahead and admit that after a little googling I still don't know what an LHD is. Left handed defenseman? LOL
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#33 » by Jeffster81 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 5:41 pm

DropStep wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:

I'll go ahead and admit that after a little googling I still don't know what an LHD is. Left handed defenseman? LOL

With the potential to be a top pairing D.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,016

Post#34 » by Wingy » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:03 pm

Going to IR with fractured jaw. Boooooo!!
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

Post#35 » by erlim » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Oh based on nothing but that movie Goon, the blackhawks need some sort of ghost of Bob Probert or similar on-ice enforcer.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#36 » by kyrv » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:39 pm

MrSparkle wrote:He makes it fun to watch a sport I’m not into.

He's really something! Lucky to have him.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,662

Post#37 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:03 pm

erlim wrote:

Read on Twitter

Oh based on nothing but that movie Goon, the blackhawks need some sort of ghost of Bob Probert or similar on-ice enforcer.

They need a Marty McSorely for Bedard. The prime Probert, Pronger etc.... man would be great.
Sinistar6
Starter
And1: 125

Post#38 » by Sinistar6 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 8:00 pm

Dominator83 wrote:
Sinistar6 wrote:Best GM in Chicago and the rebuild is ahead of schedule with the Hawks getting the best prospect since McDavid. Young skill and speed filling the system and another top pick incoming! In 2-3 years look out, I don’t want to be to much of a homer but dynasty could be incoming.

CB may have the best shot since Bobby Hull. His wrister is that good and unique. Hall of fame shot and he is 18…

Things to look for is how his total points round out at the end of the year. Patrick Kane has 72 his rookie year but he was on a better team. I would put CB’s over under at 63.5, not sure what Vegas says.

Since this is a basketball forum I have to talk about Seth Jones. Not sure how he will work into the rebuild.

Is it ahead of schedule?or did he just get super lucky ? Because doesn't appear to be much around him. I know they'll probably have another high pick this year but gotta nail that one too.

Getting lucky putting the rebuild in fast forward. I love our prospects and if we luck into #1 again buy season tickets.
Next time the cult's spaceship lands we'll all be wearing black Starburys.

-mcwelk
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,625
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#39 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:00 pm

Sinistar6 wrote:
Dominator83 wrote:
Sinistar6 wrote:Best GM in Chicago and the rebuild is ahead of schedule with the Hawks getting the best prospect since McDavid. Young skill and speed filling the system and another top pick incoming! In 2-3 years look out, I don’t want to be to much of a homer but dynasty could be incoming.

CB may have the best shot since Bobby Hull. His wrister is that good and unique. Hall of fame shot and he is 18…

Things to look for is how his total points round out at the end of the year. Patrick Kane has 72 his rookie year but he was on a better team. I would put CB’s over under at 63.5, not sure what Vegas says.

Since this is a basketball forum I have to talk about Seth Jones. Not sure how he will work into the rebuild.

Is it ahead of schedule?or did he just get super lucky ? Because doesn't appear to be much around him. I know they'll probably have another high pick this year but gotta nail that one too.

Getting lucky putting the rebuild in fast forward. I love our prospects and if we luck into #1 again buy season tickets.

I could be getting my sports mixed up, but I thought there was some weird rule in the NHL where you couldn't pick in the top-5 twice in a row or something like that. Someone please tell me I'm wrong lol.
sortpar
Sixth Man
And1: 792

Post#40 » by sortpar » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:13 am

ThisGuyFawkes wrote:
Sinistar6 wrote:
Dominator83 wrote:Is it ahead of schedule?or did he just get super lucky ? Because doesn't appear to be much around him. I know they'll probably have another high pick this year but gotta nail that one too.

I could be getting my sports mixed up, but I thought there was some weird rule in the NHL where you couldn't pick in the top-5 twice in a row or something like that. Someone please tell me I'm wrong lol.

There is no such rule.

Return to Chicago Bulls