Image ImageImage Image

Alex Caruso: Do you want too keep him or trade him for a good return?

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Keep AC or trade him for a good return

Keep
35%
Trade
65%

Total votes: 75

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,240

Re: Alex Caruso: Do you want too keep him or trade him for a good return? 

Post#41 » by HomoSapien » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:28 am

coldfish wrote:IMO, Caruso's impact goes far beyond the basic box score. He is the QB of the defense. You will hear him calling out defenses both on the court and from the bench. He sets a tone and an example. If you want to develop young players, Alex Caruso is exactly the type of player you want to have around them.

Everyone has their price. Obviously I would trade Caruso for a #1 overall pick or Joel Embiid. Would I trade him for a pick that looked to be a late first? Hells no.

This is where I net out as well. The teams that would want him are mostly contenders. What contenders can offer are mostly late draft picks. While I want a rebuild, I have little faith in those late draft picks helping redefine our franchise. On the other hand, it’s not hard envisioning AC (health permitting) making positive contributions to this franchise for a long time. He’s an impact player, a mentor to younger players, and seems to have future coach written all over him. If the right deal comes along, sure. But I would hate to over value what a late first round pick actually means in the grand scheme of things.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
PippensShadow
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#42 » by PippensShadow » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:40 am

Keep. He can teach and be a good influence on our young players for development. He's almost a player coach already. If Caruso wants to go though, I completely understand. He deserves better.
PJSteven22
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#43 » by PJSteven22 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:07 am

Trade Caruso draft Reed Sheppard
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,708

Post#44 » by BullChit » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:16 am

PippensShadow wrote:Keep. He can teach and be a good influence on our young players for development. He's almost a player coach already. If Caruso wants to go though, I completely understand. He deserves better.

this is where i am.

Keep - if this team goes young we need vets who can teach them the right way to play.

However if he wants to go then do the right thing by him
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,067

Post#45 » by Chi town » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:20 am

PJSteven22 wrote:Trade Caruso draft Reed Sheppard

He’s Caruso 2.0 but way better on offense. Only 6’3 though.
PJSteven22
Sixth Man

Post#46 » by PJSteven22 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:24 am

Chi town wrote:

I know but he makes up for it with his instincts.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#47 » by Chi town » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:31 am

PJSteven22 wrote:
Chi town wrote:

He more than makes up for it!

I’d love for him to play next to Coby.
PJSteven22
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by PJSteven22 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 6:20 am

Chi town wrote:
PJSteven22 wrote:
Chi town wrote:

He more than makes up for it!

I’d love for him to play next to Coby.

He’s really a hand in glove fit next to Coby.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,934

Post#49 » by jc23 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 11:10 am

Trade. His true value is to a contending team. You look at the east teams above us and all but maybe the Nets would be the odds on favorite in a playoff series.

And his value just isnt to the contending team that signs him; its also keeps him off the contending team that could use him against you.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,592

Post#50 » by Ccwatercraft » Mon Jan 8, 2024 1:06 pm

Chi town wrote:You trade Caruso with DDR for Reeves Rui and a 1st.

You trade Zach for CP3 expiring, TJD, POD.

Coby/POD
Reeves/Ayo
Pat/
Rui/TJD
Vuc/Drummond

Sheez... that's an awful result.
Guy
Sixth Man
And1: 357

Post#51 » by Guy » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:16 am

Clean the house.

Love his game, love his character and I would hate to lose him but we ain't going anywhere anytime soon.
Raptors Board

Lord_Zedd wrote:That was the best worst game I've ever seen in a long time.

The Bulls are forever our fathers
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,043

Post#52 » by Wingy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:03 pm

Best 3pt volume and % of his career. Is this sustainable? Value’s literally at an all time high. Zero chance we move him though.

Win now, win now, “win” now.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,700

Post#53 » by SfBull » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:00 pm

What exactly would be a good return for trading him?Where we´ll find a great defensive player like him?it depends on what AK wants,he´s going for a rebuilding?Will he keep the current win now strategy?If yes he shouldn´t trade Caruso.
I´d only trade if blowing up the roster for a full rebuilding.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#54 » by Chi town » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 pm

Only was Caruso goes is if we go full rebuild.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,016

Post#55 » by meekrab » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:44 pm

I've posted on the Trade & Transaction board a few times that a team like OKC should be beating down the doors to trade for Caruso, he's exactly what they need in terms of experience, leadership, and a unique elite skill, plus they badly need to consolidate players and picks into talent anyway.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,106

Post#56 » by jordanwilliams6 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:32 am

Zero chance we trade him whilst we are close to 0.500 and now look to be pushing towards the playoffs.

His value is at an all time high but AKME has given exactly zero indication he's looking to actively tear the roster down. Trading Caruso makes up much worse in the short team and it does not appear that we're heading that direction.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,043

Post#57 » by Wingy » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:26 am

meekrab wrote:I've posted on the Trade & Transaction board a few times that a team like OKC should be beating down the doors to trade for Caruso, he's exactly what they need in terms of experience, leadership, and a unique elite skill, plus they badly need to consolidate players and picks into talent anyway.

Absolutely. They should be looking to bolster this year’s squad to try to win it all this year. Thinking you have some 10 year window because you’re young has proven to be folly again and again and again.
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#58 » by Anderson Hunt » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:36 pm

Bulls out (6): LaVine, DeRozan, Vucevic, Caruso, and Torrey Craig. Waive Terry Taylor
Bulls in (7): Ayton, Grant, Reaves, Vincent, Prince, Schifino, and Hayes

Blazers out (2): Ayton and Grant
Blazers in (3): DeRozan, Russell, and Hachimura

Lakers out (7): Russell, Hachimura, Reaves, Vincent, Prince, Schifino, and Hayes
Lakers in (4): LaVine, Vucevic, Caruso, and Torrey

Good for the Bulls because they get to retool with a new core built around Coby White and Jerami Grant with Reaves and Williams (if he resigns this summer) as supplementary pieces. Grant is a solid future trade piece with a reasonable contract (albeit long) and a positionally versatile fit alongside any future frontcourt draft pick. Ayton may still have "some" positive potential (only 25 years old).

Bad for the Bulls because Ayton also has the potential to be a worse contract than LaVine, and their roster becomes remarkably guard-heavy. They'd have to look to trade Jevon Carter and/or Dosunmu to remove the glut.

Blazers can be cut out of the deal, but Bulls would have to take on Russell (another guard) and Hachimura while also finding a place for DeRozan. I obviously prefer taking on Ayton and Grant.

(if Carter is salary-dumped):

PG - White - Vincent - Schifino
SG - Reaves - Dosunmu
C - Ayton - Drummond - Hayes
PF - Grant - Prince
SF - Williams - Terry - Phillips
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#59 » by Anderson Hunt » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:38 pm

Wingy wrote:
meekrab wrote:I've posted on the Trade & Transaction board a few times that a team like OKC should be beating down the doors to trade for Caruso, he's exactly what they need in terms of experience, leadership, and a unique elite skill, plus they badly need to consolidate players and picks into talent anyway.

Absolutely. They should be looking to bolster this year’s squad to try to win it all this year. Thinking you have some 10 year window because you’re young has proven to be folly again and again and again.

OKC has a very promising rookie defensive guard in Cason Wallace and Lu Dort. They don't need Caruso. They need Vucevic more than they need Caruso.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,687

Post#60 » by sco » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:01 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:Bulls out (6): LaVine, DeRozan, Vucevic, Caruso, and Torrey Craig. Waive Terry Taylor
Bulls in (7): Ayton, Grant, Reaves, Vincent, Prince, Schifino, and Hayes

Blazers out (2): Ayton and Grant
Blazers in (3): DeRozan, Russell, and Hachimura

Lakers out (7): Russell, Hachimura, Reaves, Vincent, Prince, Schifino, and Hayes
Lakers in (4): LaVine, Vucevic, Caruso, and Torrey

Good for the Bulls because they get to retool with a new core built around Coby White and Jerami Grant with Reaves and Williams (if he resigns this summer) as supplementary pieces. Grant is a solid future trade piece with a reasonable contract (albeit long) and a positionally versatile fit alongside any future frontcourt draft pick. Ayton may still have "some" positive potential (only 25 years old).

Bad for the Bulls because Ayton also has the potential to be a worse contract than LaVine, and their roster becomes remarkably guard-heavy. They'd have to look to trade Jevon Carter and/or Dosunmu to remove the glut.

Blazers can be cut out of the deal, but Bulls would have to take on Russell (another guard) and Hachimura while also finding a place for DeRozan. I obviously prefer taking on Ayton and Grant.

(if Carter is salary-dumped):

PG - White - Vincent - Schifino
SG - Reaves - Dosunmu
C - Ayton - Drummond - Hayes
PF - Grant - Prince
SF - Williams - Terry - Phillips

If they are rebuilding, while I understand that Ayton is young, he's not a very good defender, which is key IMO for a C today. Also, Grant isn't young, so doesn't make sense strategically.

I like Reaves, but his defense is bad and would force us to go with defense at the 3 and 4 to not be killed. If we wanted Reaves, I think you need to keep Caruso as your SF and trade DDR for picks and/or a better C.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls